Money Shield 2012/13

I understood there would be no relegation from MS this season.
Have not heard that one, if true how would Mill Park find there way back into MS??? My guess is there will be a 3rd division introduced next season, no idea how it would be structured but can't see a 14 team comp continuing for more than 1 season, fixture is always going to be unbalanced.

Have not heard that one, if true how would Mill Park find there way back into MS??? My guess is there will be a 3rd division introduced next season, no idea how it would be structured but can't see a 14 team comp continuing for more than 1 season, fixture is always going to be unbalanced.

It was stated on this forum (by, I think, Wandering Unity) that the DVCA Executive had stated to a General Meeting that the existing MS Structure would be unchanged for 2 seasons, with no relegation until the end of the 2nd year, ie next season.

If there were no relegation it would be a disgrace and make a farce of this competition! Agree that too many teams in money shield now - should be no more than 10. Bring in 2 more teams if possible or upgrade a couple from next grade down to form a 3rd division. Barclay 10, money 10 then a 3rd div of 8 or 10. Gotta have relegation/promotion as something to strive for or basically playing for nothing

If there were no relegation it would be a disgrace and make a farce of this competition! Agree that too many teams in money shield now - should be no more than 10. Bring in 2 more teams if possible or upgrade a couple from next grade down to form a 3rd division. Barclay 10, money 10 then a 3rd div of 8 or 10. Gotta have relegation/promotion as something to strive for or basically playing for nothing

Don't tell me comrade, tell your club to tell the Association.
Also tell the 3 clubs you'll need to relegate from BS, and the 6 you'll have to relegate from MS.
Also explain to all the teams in the 8 or 10 team divisions why they will be playing draws that are even more unbalanced than the 14-team draws.

Don't tell me comrade, tell your club to tell the Association.
Also tell the 3 clubs you'll need to relegate from BS, and the 6 you'll have to relegate from MS.
Also explain to all the teams in the 8 or 10 team divisions why they will be playing draws that are even more unbalanced than the 14-team draws.
yeah couldn't see Barclay being cut down to 10, as you say there would be 3 sides relegated, but could see them running with 2 lower divisions consisting of 8 sides, play everyone twice, in both one day and 2 day format.

Does that tell you more about the individual or the club? What do we make of Heidelberg? Good on paper but doing ************ all.. And sounds like a road at gboro! Stars might be back?
Again, Heidelberg lost quality players & did not recruit anyone to fill the hole. They will struggle.
Again, Rosanna will be a force & are the team to beat as seen so far.
Sri Lankan's at Greensborough together with Butera could well see them march deep into finals.

yeah couldn't see Barclay being cut down to 10, as you say there would be 3 sides relegated, but could see them running with 2 lower divisions consisting of 8 sides, play everyone twice, in both one day and 2 day format.

Adds an extra day to the season, 21 cf. 20; and still requires the relegation of 6 or 7 clubs from MS; and won't happen.
Anyway, we went through all this ad infinitum a few months ago, and I'm not interested in doing it again.
All I was doing was stating my understanding of what the Executive had decided to do as an interim shakedown period of 2 seasons, before reverting to the ideal of 12-team grades in BS/MS.

Yep, saw that. His usual economical self off plenty of overs.

Ahhhh Brutal, lets take a look down Memory lane:

Have heard that Adam Dale is at East Doncastor this year. Another blow for research...

Tongs,Tongs,Tongs! Adam is retired and as he always said, has finished his career at his junior club Research. East Doncaster indeed wanted him to play but he is not playing. Instead he will be coaching at his first Premier club in Northcote.

Yeh well what do they say db, shit happens! Dv footy went to 3 divisions cos too many teams just making up the numbers. If the executive have a spine, and that is very questionable, they should be proactive and make 3 div from next season and just say bad luck. U finish in bottom 3 u run risk of being relegated. 3rd div of 8 made up of bottom 6 from money and mill park and 1 other. Or bottom 4 from money (money a 12 team div) and we bring in 3 more clubs. Simple. Then we have quality cricket every week all season. Some clubs will poo poo it but it will prob be the same clubs who never vote for changes then sook when they come in!

Yeh well what do they say db, shit happens! Dv footy went to 3 divisions cos too many teams just making up the numbers. If the executive have a spine, and that is very questionable, they should be proactive and make 3 div from next season and just say bad luck. U finish in bottom 3 u run risk of being relegated. 3rd div of 8 made up of bottom 6 from money and mill park and 1 other. Or bottom 4 from money (money a 12 team div) and we bring in 3 more clubs. Simple. Then we have quality cricket every week all season. Some clubs will poo poo it but it will prob be the same clubs who never vote for changes then sook when they come in!

The Executive truly would be spineless if they went along with any of those whack-head proposals.

Why are they wack head ideas peanut? I would have thought cancelling a rep game on a weather forecast before the day of the game then it turned out to be 24deg was a wack head decision! Or making a grand final 120 overs instead of leaving it at 80 as is for entire season! Or this stupid yellow card system for umpires. Just communicate with players or report them. Or even getting rid of comp games!! You are the wack head db if u think the current system is either good, fair or plain interesting! Reduce the sizes of grades will compress the level of cricket and make it fairer and more even for all. 8 teams is a gd number as someone said you play each team twice in 1&2 dayers
The Executive truly would be spineless if they went along with any of those whack-head proposals.

Heidelberg to get absolutely bent over tomorrow by the boys from alphington park with Corey altis and Joel Thompson to rip through them and show them what nmca cricket is all about

Why are they wack head ideas peanut? I would have thought cancelling a rep game on a weather forecast before the day of the game then it turned out to be 24deg was a wack head decision! Or making a grand final 120 overs instead of leaving it at 80 as is for entire season! Or this stupid yellow card system for umpires. Just communicate with players or report them. Or even getting rid of comp games!! You are the wack head db if u think the current system is either good, fair or plain interesting! Reduce the sizes of grades will compress the level of cricket and make it fairer and more even for all. 8 teams is a gd number as someone said you play each team twice in 1&2 dayers

The comp game was cancelled by the other mob.
You can't have 3 divisions with 27 clubs, and you can't have fair 8 or 10 team draws in 20 days; if you don't believe me, take your socks off and start counting.
You don't improve the standard of cricket by reducing the number of two-dayers and increasing the number of one-dayers.
The other decisions you mention were suggested and voted in by the clubs, not the Executive.
If you don't think the comp is interesting, you can probably find other things to occupy your time.

Just for everyones info all Premier players have to go back to their junior clubs tommorrow night. Some of the T20s will be interesting with these guys available to play.

You dont have to play in comp games, but it is most definitely a privilege. You learn more in a week of training and playing with the best in the comp than you expect.
Well I have never played in a senior one, and yeah I enjoyed my junior ones but these days just about every kid who tries out makes the side.

Whilst I agree with the 3 into 27 doesnt work, I believe the best system is either 8 teams where you play a 1 & 2 day game against eachother or 12 teams with all 2 day games. I don't understand 21 or 22 days of cricket being an issue in all this.

The comp game was cancelled by the other mob.
You can't have 3 divisions with 27 clubs, and you can't have fair 8 or 10 team draws in 20 days; if you don't believe me, take your socks off and start counting.
You don't improve the standard of cricket by reducing the number of two-dayers and increasing the number of one-dayers.
The other decisions you mention were suggested and voted in by the clubs, not the Executive.
If you don't think the comp is interesting, you can probably find other things to occupy your time.

Agree. What is this crap about 20 days of cricket db? U are turning into a serious gong beater.. The odd Sunday for a 1 dayer never hurt when I was playing 1s. And I never said db cricket was boring. I said it wasn't interesting, at times.. There is a difference. 8 or 10 teams max in a division means less meaningless games and prob no bullshit outrights at the end of the season.. Just have a look at end of season (even now) at how many dud games there have been. I mean teams should just not get bunged for 16 or bat a whole day for 200 or less anymore or bat a whole day and lose only 1 or 2 wkts! Compress the grades so more teams are even. And you are wrong about that comp game cos I was meant to play. It was about 6 years ago against jika and the forecast was for 38deg. So it was called off on the sat night. Next day it was 24 and fine. Dumb by dv exec at the time

Back