Money Shield 2012/13

Sucks to be a tool to I imagine! As 1 other said, Macleod must be great place to be. Wonder what ash wood thinks about his old digs.. Maybe it just sucks to be from Macleod?

Hearing him speak about them not that long ago, he didn't have anything bad to say about them. Doubt much has changed. Are you peddling an agenda or just clutching at straws?

Anyone able to comment on the difference between Money and Barclay? the HDCA guys have undoubtably strengthened money. My feeling is the gap has probably closed a bit. St Francis giving a very good account of themselves, and that's without Duggin. North Eltham have bounced a little bit but every side to win it since 06 (stars) are in Barclay and relegated sides are struggling to get back up. Whether its money getting much stronger or Barclay dropping off a little bit I'm not sure. Some sides at the bottom obviously still have a lot to work on (how does a side defend 80?!).

I will speak on behalf of my sucky suburb as we have been a part of both money and barclay in that particular time frame.
Money shield has definitely strengthened and perhaps barclay has weekened albeit slightly. A lot of great bowlers if the past decade have become older or moved on. Back 15 years ago bowlers such as D Mac , sheedy from clifton hill , kearney and the flynn boys would have smashed it in barclay and murdered blokes in money. The pitches these days have made batting a bit easier in my opinion.
Outrights were extremely common a.decade ago in money and now a rarity. The gap has closed between most sides in money and all credit to those clubs who have improved. Yes , there are sides in the lower division who would account for a lot of sides in barclay on their day , its just so damn hard to get there but when you do , teams just seem to grow another notch.
Would be interested to hear thoughts of anyone from heid/banyule/rosanna as to what they think of the dvca as it stands today and are they happy with the way the transition has taken place.

I will speak on behalf of my sucky suburb as we have been a part of both money and barclay in that particular time frame.
Money shield has definitely strengthened and perhaps barclay has weekened albeit slightly. A lot of great bowlers if the past decade have become older or moved on. Back 15 years ago bowlers such as D Mac , sheedy from clifton hill , kearney and the flynn boys would have smashed it in barclay and murdered blokes in money. The pitches these days have made batting a bit easier in my opinion.
Outrights were extremely common a.decade ago in money and now a rarity. The gap has closed between most sides in money and all credit to those clubs who have improved. Yes , there are sides in the lower division who would account for a lot of sides in barclay on their day , its just so damn hard to get there but when you do , teams just seem to grow another notch.
Would be interested to hear thoughts of anyone from heid/banyule/rosanna as to what they think of the dvca as it stands today and are they happy with the way the transition has taken place.

HDCA teams can't compete with the money, so they must draw on their junior programs for players.
Silly rule about colored shirts.
Lower grades in DVCA aren't that strong.
C Grade on average a lesser standard than HDCA 2nd Grade.
D Grade teams were equal to the best HDCA 3rd Grade teams.
Overall, all recently added HDCA senior teams through out the grades are performing above 50%.

Juniors is totally different. Far more aggressive in their will to win at all costs. It's less about letting all kids have a game and more about winning.

For what it's worth.

How about your top 2 sides ? Did you think it was going to be better standard of cricket or not that surprised .
Your seconds sides would be the equivalent of dvca b grade and maybe are just misgraded at this early stage , same for the other grades as well. That will sort itself out in time.

Very happy and satisfied with the comp (easy when you top 2 teams are at the pointy end of the ladder) but overall as a club we are very pleased, umpiring standard the only disappointing factor we've found

Very happy and satisfied with the comp (easy when you top 2 teams are at the pointy end of the ladder) but overall as a club we are very pleased, umpiring standard the only disappointing factor we've found

On the question of umpiring standards, you need to realise that this year you are a lot further down the food chain.
Last year your 1sts were umpired by HDCA's umpires nos. 1-8.
This year your 1sts would be umpired by DVCA's umpires nos. 13-26.
As you go down the grades, umpires drop away in standard just like players.

On the question of umpiring standards, you need to realise that this year you are a lot further down the food chain.
Last year your 1sts were umpired by HDCA's umpires nos. 1-8.
This year your 1sts would be umpired by DVCA's umpires nos. 13-26.
As you go down the grades, umpires drop away in standard just like players.
Understand that- but don't think that 13-26 are doing the comp justice

What are people's perception of the HDCA teams ( ros, heid & ban)
Funny how a few of the knockers of the HDCA clubs that have us no chance in this "elite comp" have gotten quiet

Understand that- but don't think that 13-26 are doing the comp justice

What are people's perception of the HDCA teams ( ros, heid & ban)
Funny how a few of the knockers of the HDCA clubs that have us no chance in this "elite comp" have gotten quiet

I think all are performing as expected at this stage. It's pretty close and will come down to the wire come the last round.

Yeah, with 11 teams within 6 points of 2nd place, it's a bit hard to make any predictions, especially given that there are still 4 one-day lotteries to be played, but I think it's fair to say that, as expected, Rosanna are right in it, Heidelberg are competitive, and Banyule less so.

Yeah, with 11 teams within 6 points of 2nd place, it's a bit hard to make any predictions, especially given that there are still 4 one-day lotteries to be played, but I think it's fair to say that, as expected, Rosanna are right in it, Heidelberg are competitive, and Banyule less so.
Who gives a flying f... about all these ex hdca sides!! Their comp was a shambles that fell apart and we graciously allowed them to play on our grounds. So lets not welcome them with open arms and talk so nicely about them! Makes me sick some of you so called Diamond Valley people rolling out the red carpet for them. Have you forgotten your own clubs?? Only just getting used to Macleod infultrating us.. Heidelberg will boost their stats no doubt this weekend playing the duds thats about the only positive thing you will hear me say

Who gives a flying f... about all these ex hdca sides!! Their comp was a shambles that fell apart and we graciously allowed them to play on our grounds. So lets not welcome them with open arms and talk so nicely about them! Makes me sick some of you so called Diamond Valley people rolling out the red carpet for them. Have you forgotten your own clubs?? Only just getting used to Macleod infultrating us.. Heidelberg will boost their stats no doubt this weekend playing the duds thats about the only positive thing you will hear me say

16 of our clubs came from other comps, which ones don't you want us to remember?

Hearing him speak about them not that long ago, he didn't have anything bad to say about them. Doubt much has changed. Are you peddling an agenda or just clutching at straws?

Anyone able to comment on the difference between Money and Barclay? the HDCA guys have undoubtably strengthened money. My feeling is the gap has probably closed a bit. St Francis giving a very good account of themselves, and that's without Duggin. North Eltham have bounced a little bit but every side to win it since 06 (stars) are in Barclay and relegated sides are struggling to get back up. Whether its money getting much stronger or Barclay dropping off a little bit I'm not sure. Some sides at the bottom obviously still have a lot to work on (how does a side defend 80?!).

IMO the key factor here is how strong the club is not just on, but off field. Frangers, Wanderers have both been very well managed off field for many years, no surprise they have continually improved on the field. A little luck also helps.

The level of arrogance from the vocal minority is amazing. Its a game of park cricket not world politics.

PS didn't the HDCA comp squad always compete on similar footings to the DVCA. I think so.

PPS. Not sure when a senior team in HDCA was out for 16.

The level of arrogance from the vocal minority is amazing. Its a game of park cricket not world politics.

PS didn't the HDCA comp squad always compete on similar footings to the DVCA. I think so.

PPS. Not sure when a senior team in HDCA was out for 16.

Not sure if "one" is a "vocal minority".

Great attitude- lets bag out and talk down the injection of 3 strong clubs into our comp which will subsequently improve the standard of cricket on and off the pitch from the juniors to the top.
You must be scared that the new boys on the block might just ruin your chances at BS or even knock you out of MS.

Snowy no longer plays.
I'm guessing you're a Rosanna or Heidelberg person, most fair minded people in the DVCA are glad to have 3 more strong sides in the comp, even if the fixtures are a bit out of whack accordingly.

Great attitude- lets bag out and talk down the injection of 3 strong clubs into our comp which will subsequently improve the standard of cricket on and off the pitch from the juniors to the top.
You must be scared that the new boys on the block might just ruin your chances at BS or even knock you out of MS.

Snowy no longer plays.
I'm guessing you're a Rosanna or Heidelberg person, most fair minded people in the DVCA are glad to have 3 more strong sides in the comp, even if the fixtures are a bit out of whack accordingly.
Just a supporter from RCC, it's also good to see the idiot that was claiming to be Rosanna (b2b) has disappeared

Back