Money Shield 2012/13

Placed on the agenda by a Club - not the Exec.

Whilst its not overly important, I have attached the relevant part to the agenda as sent to all clubs. Along with who placed it on the agenda:

· Competition Structure (Exec & Bundoora)
· Sunday cricket – Do we have enough grounds to play Senior cricket only on Saturday (except VETS) if councils allow out of zone clubs to use other councils grounds? (Bundoora)
· MyCricket lock out for player scores entry is posing problems for catches and player entry within set time frames and where errors have occurred in process (Rosanna)

Whilst its not overly important, I have attached the relevant part to the agenda as sent to all clubs. Along with who placed it on the agenda:

· Competition Structure (Exec & Bundoora)
· Sunday cricket – Do we have enough grounds to play Senior cricket only on Saturday (except VETS) if councils allow out of zone clubs to use other councils grounds? (Bundoora)
· MyCricket lock out for player scores entry is posing problems for catches and player entry within set time frames and where errors have occurred in process (Rosanna)
Yawn!!!! Boring... If I wanted to hear all the crap that gets bought up I would have attended. So ur saying tongs that only decisions of significant importance should only be made at the start of a season? Bit short sighted.. Clearly money shield has too many teams and that probably wasn't going to be clear until now. Dvca tried to do right thing and give all new teams equal rites. In hindsight decision to do all this should have been done either before or at end yes. But I have no problems with it happening now. Same as if something else needed immediat attention..

I think it was pretty clear to everybody that there were too many teams. Especially when we saw that we play nearly as many 1 day matches as 2 day matches.

It's Because of this though, that it should hardly come as a surprise to anybody. I expected this to happen. As for getting told close to half way through the season not ideal but I don't think it makes a huge difference. Your club should be trying to put the best side it can out on the field each season. If your club lacks the ambition or resources to finish above the bottom three then they can't complain too much. I think that Money Shield has improved a lot over the last 5 years. How much of that is due to organic, inorganic factors or imports I don't know but the DVCA is the better for it.

To quote that fat punce Brian Taylor - wowee, wowee, wowee!! What a round of spankings.. Some disgraceful performances. There should be a few clubs having a good hard look at themselves, if they truly care. Leading that pack would be l.plenty, banyule, whittlesea and Heidelberg. Couple of clubs brought rite back to earth this week!!

As I said, I think it's the decision that needed to be made. But the timing is woeful. It's fine if it happens next year, but we should have been told at the start of the season. Not mid way through. You're spot on. Every game now is pretty much worth finals or relegation!

I wonder if there will be any clearances put through between now and the cut off time???

Quinny I agree 100% im playing in a comp now that did exactly the same things at the start of this year and it is a disgrace to float it half way through a year. Clubs need to be given at least a seasons notice as it can have a big impact on recruiting and sponsors and a clubs operation etc. The re-grade needs to happen but the right way imo.

PS. Why didnt you play in the preseason praccy game this year against my mob??

Yawn!!!! Boring... If I wanted to hear all the crap that gets bought up I would have attended.

it's surprising that someone that doesn't even play is so interested to post, yet says they are uninterested.

So ur saying tongs that only decisions of significant importance should only be made at the start of a season? Bit short sighted..

things such as promotion/relegation should absolutely be set in stone before the season starts. it could be very convenient for league execs (im not suggesting this btw) to say the bottom 3 go down, if there were teams they wanted down the bottom of the ladder. obviously this doesn't affect my club, as we are flying at the moment.

Clearly money shield has too many teams and that probably wasn't going to be clear until now. Dvca tried to do right thing and give all new teams equal rites. In hindsight decision to do all this should have been done either before or at end yes. But I have no problems with it happening now. Same as if something else needed immediat attention..

it should have before the season, and that is obvious.

What are you talking about pink poofta? I did the same thing yesterday as I have done for the last 27 year's. Whited up! Was just filthy that cool change didn't come thru a couple of hours earlier. Would have saved us some real pain. Would only be convenient for league if tool or other ex bundoora people still ran it. Remember when they saved bundoora a few years ago with that heat rule ring around fiasco? Spoke to 2 people from Mont yesterday who said they overheard lower boys filthy with each other. In fighting or truth session??

How can anyone complain about being relegated when they can't win a game? And what difference would it make whether you are told at the beginning, middle or end of the season? Are people seriously suggesting teams would have played differently? e.g. "If we had known there was relegation, we wouldn't have finished last." What rubbish!

I look forward to the return of 12 teams per grade and fewer one-dayers next season. There are 7 rounds left. That's 42 points on offer. If you don't want to be relegated, try winning some games.

What are you talking about pink poofta? I did the same thing yesterday as I have done for the last 27 year's. Whited up! Was just filthy that cool change didn't come thru a couple of hours earlier. Would have saved us some real pain. Would only be convenient for league if tool or other ex bundoora people still ran it. Remember when they saved bundoora a few years ago with that heat rule ring around fiasco? Spoke to 2 people from Mont yesterday who said they overheard lower boys filthy with each other. In fighting or truth session??

My mail is that the Lower Plenty boys are having a few problems executing their new game plan.

My mail is that the Lower Plenty boys are having a few problems executing their new game plan.

What is their new game plan? I would have thought they would have the same game plan as everyone else - bat 80 overs, bowl at off stump, hold your catches.

Surely homophobia doesn't belong in the argument.

Pink Panther is a massive goose, a dill if you will but has some valid points. Some sides may have decided to save some $$$ this year instead of spend thinking they would be ok finishing 12th or 13th at worst and now are in a precarious position. Not ideal. Should've been sorted earlier.

So umpires can pull stumps when they have had enough now. What happened to playing cricket? 2nd innings have always been about getting young blokes some experience, maybe some valuable percentage or batting 80 overs (executing a game plan). But, now umpires can pull stumps if no 'result' is achievable. 3 good results go begging I say! Why? Because umpires have to earn there money.....

So umpires can pull stumps when they have had enough now. What happened to playing cricket? 2nd innings have always been about getting young blokes some experience, maybe some valuable percentage or batting 80 overs (executing a game plan). But, now umpires can pull stumps if no 'result' is achievable. 3 good results go begging I say! Why? Because umpires have to earn there money.....

As in, for yonks.

Back