Money Shield 2012/13

that is an open lie
oh come on panther. you mite be a goose like someone else said but surely you dont think im snowy do you? would have thought that guy would be hiding under a rock somewhere.. be happy to have his ability though! umpires have been calling games off for ages. whether they enforce it themselves or casually influence the captains, been going on since ive been playing. ask dick norman how many early finishes he's had. be more than full days i suspect..

I suppose, the 5 o'clock dodgy lbw's. Cricket is in trouble these days and needs encouragement, not excuses not to play.
Spot on d.d. Unless a team has been put back in for an outright and is no chance of being beaten (then call it off) leave game go to the end. I can understand some games on Saturday finishing early after a 1st innings result around 3 or 4pm in the heat but otherwise yep, play on!!

Allowing games to run on as glorified centre wicket training is hardly the encouragement cricket needs. If we reach drinks on the 2nd day, a first innings result has been achieved and there's no chance of an outright result then pull the pin.

Hello!!!! Where the f... Is everyone? I know the cricket in m.s is pretty ordinary but we can still talk about it and throw a few barbs can't we?? Mont have come good, t.utd mite be safe (unless 2 go down to new div) and lower plenty self destructing..

I suspect it would be three to go down (it has to be doesn't it?) if I had to guess I'd say Whittlesea, thomastown and panton hill although a lot of points to be played for!

I think lower will come good and win a few more games which should be enough. There's enough talent in that side to stay up.

I think things should be a lot clearer once we get through these one dayers which can throw up a few unexpected results.

I suspect it would be three to go down (it has to be doesn't it?) if I had to guess I'd say Whittlesea, thomastown and panton hill although a lot of points to be played for!

I think lower will come good and win a few more games which should be enough. There's enough talent in that side to stay up.

I think things should be a lot clearer once we get through these one dayers which can throw up a few unexpected results.

With still 3 one dayers to play, it is a massive month for some clubs to make a move up the ladder, or it will be hanging on type of stuff for the last 3 two dayers.
Panton Hill, Mont, Morang and Bun United are all in danger of missing finals already in they don't win this week.
If Boro and Rosanna win this week, and there are only 2 other spots up for grabs.

With still 3 one dayers to play, it is a massive month for some clubs to make a move up the ladder, or it will be hanging on type of stuff for the last 3 two dayers.
Panton Hill, Mont, Morang and Bun United are all in danger of missing finals already in they don't win this week.
If Boro and Rosanna win this week, and there are only 2 other spots up for grabs.

Predictions are difficult.
There are 13 teams within 2 wins of the Four.
There are 12 teams within 2 games of relegation.
The Russian Roulette 1-dayers are going to be crucial, but maybe still not decisive.

Predictions are difficult.
There are 13 teams within 2 wins of the Four.
There are 12 teams within 2 games of relegation.
The Russian Roulette 1-dayers are going to be crucial, but maybe still not decisive.

Interesting results today.
Banyule must be over the moon.
Minney doesn't fail, but they still win.
Lower winning
Thomo winning.
Pressure now of heidelberg and South Morang

Huge results on the weekend - Lower back in the hunt??
And with Eltham, Stars, Mont & PH losing, makes it very tight from 3rd to 11th. Who can jump out of the pack to make finals with GB and Rosanna.

agreed looks like GB and Rosanna all but certain to make finals.. HB flying under the radar and have PH, TU & Whitt after xmas so will give them 8 wins which i think will be enough and for 4th im tipping eltham.

Fair to say ive got stuck into a few teams this year and up until the weekend i had just cause. But well done to l.plenty and thommo for their good wins and keeping themselves from total embarrasment. Stars must be filthy - threw away a good opportunity there. Merry christmas all. Hope santa brings me a new spartan bat!!!!!

No tip of the hat to Banyule mate?

Fair to say ive got stuck into a few teams this year and up until the weekend i had just cause. But well done to l.plenty and thommo for their good wins and keeping themselves from total embarrasment. Stars must be filthy - threw away a good opportunity there. Merry christmas all. Hope santa brings me a new spartan bat!!!!!

Pretty big games this weekend, Eltham (4) v Lalor (5), Hurstbridge (3) v Panton Hill (7).
Starting to get pretty tight at the top, will Lower and Mont be left behind after this weekend of games.
Top 6 starting to take some shape, but with 2 one dayers to come, plenty of things could be decided in the next 2 weekends.

Pretty big games this weekend, Eltham (4) v Lalor (5), Hurstbridge (3) v Panton Hill (7).
Starting to get pretty tight at the top, will Lower and Mont be left behind after this weekend of games.
Top 6 starting to take some shape, but with 2 one dayers to come, plenty of things could be decided in the next 2 weekends.

I think Eltham will be cursing that loss before Christmas. Looking at the run home Eltham have a few tough games. They have to win against Lalor Stars, if they don't I think they'll miss the finals. Lalor probably have the easiest run home of the sides fighting it out for 3rd and 4th. My guess for the top four is

Rosanna
Greensborough
Lalor Stars
Hurstbridge

Are you serious? How can anyone take lalor stars seriously after getting beat by t.utd!! Eltham will pump them.. Gboro and Rosanna only certainties to make finals. Rest up for grabs. Just as interesting is the battle for relegation. W'sea are gonski. Sth morang need to pull finger out and if 3 teams end up going down then t.u, lower and p.hill look shaky

Are you serious? How can anyone take lalor stars seriously after getting beat by t.utd!! Eltham will pump them.. Gboro and Rosanna only certainties to make finals. Rest up for grabs. Just as interesting is the battle for relegation. W'sea are gonski. Sth morang need to pull finger out and if 3 teams end up going down then t.u, lower and p.hill look shaky

Bad loss no doubt, but the 1 day games throw up unexpected results here and there. I think Eltham should have their measure but there's a few guys capable of playing a big knock and getting Stars across the line. If they win this there's a tricky 1 dayer against an improving Lower the next week, if they win both of these you'd think they're home.

A few of the sides around the mark have some games against those relegation sides... perhaps a 10 pointer could decide a teams spot. I think Bundoora United are a chance for 10 points against TU to get into the mix for a spot.

As for relegation... agree Whittlesea gone. If it's three down my picks are W'sea, TU and maybe South Morang. If W'sea knock South Morang off this week then they're in all sorts.

Back