Money Shield 2012/13

Bad loss no doubt, but the 1 day games throw up unexpected results here and there. I think Eltham should have their measure but there's a few guys capable of playing a big knock and getting Stars across the line. If they win this there's a tricky 1 dayer against an improving Lower the next week, if they win both of these you'd think they're home.

A few of the sides around the mark have some games against those relegation sides... perhaps a 10 pointer could decide a teams spot. I think Bundoora United are a chance for 10 points against TU to get into the mix for a spot.

As for relegation... agree Whittlesea gone. If it's three down my picks are W'sea, TU and maybe South Morang. If W'sea knock South Morang off this week then they're in all sorts.
Huge game for Sth.Morang this week. Must win game. Teams in relegation zone will be hoping big time that W'sea get a win.
My tips for relegation are W'sea, TU & H'berg/Banyule

Bad loss no doubt, but the 1 day games throw up unexpected results here and there. I think Eltham should have their measure but there's a few guys capable of playing a big knock and getting Stars across the line. If they win this there's a tricky 1 dayer against an improving Lower the next week, if they win both of these you'd think they're home.

A few of the sides around the mark have some games against those relegation sides... perhaps a 10 pointer could decide a teams spot. I think Bundoora United are a chance for 10 points against TU to get into the mix for a spot.

As for relegation... agree Whittlesea gone. If it's three down my picks are W'sea, TU and maybe South Morang. If W'sea knock South Morang off this week then they're in all sorts.
Agree totally that 1 dayers do throw up unexpected results.
Massive first 2 weeks coming up that's for sure.

Are you serious? How can anyone take lalor stars seriously after getting beat by t.utd!! Eltham will pump them.. Gboro and Rosanna only certainties to make finals. Rest up for grabs. Just as interesting is the battle for relegation. W'sea are gonski. Sth morang need to pull finger out and if 3 teams end up going down then t.u, lower and p.hill look shaky
what is it with you and t.utd? every chance you get kick em. Were you a ex player? disgruntled maybe?

Not ex player just call it as I see it. Club in disarray.. Look at turnover of coaches. When my club or my son (diff club) has played against them last few years the feedback is very negative about them. Besides unless you need a guide dog, look at their results. Not just them though. Whittlesea a basket case, sth morang gone backwards and lower look divided both on field and off - although that just an outsiders opinion. But again look at results. Grand finalist last year to potential relegation!!

Club Round 9 Round 10 Round 11 Round 12 Round 13
1 Greensborough 9 3 2 11 13 38 8
2 Rosanna 10 14 1 4 3 32 4
3 Hurstbridge 7 1 14 10 2 34 6
4 Eltham 5 11 7 2 14 39 9
5 Lalor Stars 4 12 8 6 9 39 9
6 Bund United 11 13 10 5 7 46 11
7 Panton Hill 3 8 4 13 6 34 6
8 Montmorency 13 7 5 14 12 51 13
9 Banyule 1 10 13 12 5 41 10
10 Thom United 2 9 6 3 11 31 2
11 Lower Plenty 6 4 12 1 10 33 5
12 South Morang 14 5 11 9 8 47 12
13 Heidelberg 8 6 9 7 1 31 2
14 Whittlesea 12 2 3 8 4 29 1

Enough with the "they've got a tough draw". Her is the proof.
Table shows games against opponents based on current ladder position.
As we can see, Whittlesea and Heidelberg are in alsorts and need to turn their form around, both sides play 4 of the top 8 sides to finish the season.
Mont could push for a finals berth with last 2 games against bottom sides, and 3 of 5 games against bottom 3.
Rosanna finish the season with 3 games against potential finalists - could be huge games.
All this could of course change with a side getting some momentum going with a couple of good performances in the 2 one day games.
Good luck to all.

You forgot to factor in any outrights, the wind, the rain, the heat the shit umpires, the vandalized pitches, the clubs who drop players. Get a life man!!

You forgot to factor in any outrights, the wind, the rain, the heat the shit umpires, the vandalized pitches, the clubs who drop players. Get a life man!!

With 3 teams being relegated this season, surely you jest that Clubs will be dropping players towards the end of the season.
A lot of variances do come in to play, and momentum is the biggest, but is still interesting to see who has a tough / easy draw dependant on the first half of the years performances.

Are you serious? How can anyone take lalor stars seriously after getting beat by t.utd!! Eltham will pump them.. Gboro and Rosanna only certainties to make finals. Rest up for grabs. Just as interesting is the battle for relegation. W'sea are gonski. Sth morang need to pull finger out and if 3 teams end up going down then t.u, lower and p.hill look shaky

pretty sure eltham just took lalor stars seriously, just saying......

Lalor are looking alright. Hursty too, but they are yet to play Rosanna and Greensy. Heidelberg look headed for B Grade long way to Barclay from where they are now.

IF games go according to the ladder and IF there are no washouts and IF there are no Outrights, then I think it finishes like this:

Gbh 75
Ros 63
L/S 57
Hbg 51
Elt 45
Mty 45
B/U 45
L/P 39
Ban 33
S/M 30
P/H 28
T/U 21
Hdb 15
Whi 3

There are some big IFs there, but.

IF games go according to the ladder and IF there are no washouts and IF there are no Outrights, then I think it finishes like this:

Gbh 75
Ros 63
L/S 57
Hbg 51
Elt 45
Mty 45
B/U 45
L/P 39
Ban 33
S/M 30
P/H 28
T/U 21
Hdb 15
Whi 3

There are some big IFs there, but.
Can't see us getting through 28 games of cricket without a few upsets in there, its going to be a very interesting finish to the season, at both ends of the ladder, who says a 14 team competition is no good???

Can't see us getting through 28 games of cricket without a few upsets in there, its going to be a very interesting finish to the season, at both ends of the ladder, who says a 14 team competition is no good???

Yep, bound to be upsets; and there are only 6 points between 5th and 12th, so any games between those sides could easily go the other way without even being upsets. Player availability and momentum can also be crucial factors.
All I would say at the moment is that Borough and Rosanna are safe, and Whittlesea is gone.
And if 3 teams are going down, Heidelberg is in diabolical trouble - they must beat PH, and at least one (and possibly both) of Banyule and Bun Utd.

I think most people at the start of the year thought that it was going to be a cracker of a season. Its normally a tough year for 12 sides competeing for 4 spots. Let alone 14 sides.

% is going to be very vital from here on in. Sides might either be kept in the field, or games could be called off early to preserve %.

The pressure is truly on the sides 4th to 8th. Who wants it most? Who can create their own luck from here on it and snaffle the last spot or 2 in the four?

Very very surprsied that 2 of the 3 new sides look like getting relegated. That surely has to be the biggest shock of the year!

I think most people at the start of the year thought that it was going to be a cracker of a season. Its normally a tough year for 12 sides competeing for 4 spots. Let alone 14 sides.

% is going to be very vital from here on in. Sides might either be kept in the field, or games could be called off early to preserve %.

The pressure is truly on the sides 4th to 8th. Who wants it most? Who can create their own luck from here on it and snaffle the last spot or 2 in the four?

Very very surprsied that 2 of the 3 new sides look like getting relegated. That surely has to be the biggest shock of the year!

I think Heidelberg have been the real suprise this season. They would have had genuine finals aspirations. I think Hurstbridge are still under a bit of pressure. They have some big challenges yet to come.

Heidelberg have been relying on too few for too many years. However the upside for the Bergs is great, given the quality of their young players.

Banyule have been decimated with the loss of 6-8 senior playes:-
O'Connor x 2
Wilson
Barnes x 2
Woodman

Are Borough that good that they could make 240 odd, but let Banyule make 191?

Percentages at the top are (to 2 figures) Eltham 1.3, Lalor 1.3, Mont 1.2, Hbridge 1.0.
Athe bottom they are Hberg 0.8, Banyule 0.8, TU 0.7.
They will, however, only become relevant if results go against the current ladder.
It looks unlikely that both Hberg and Banyule will both go down - but if Hberg beats Banyule in Round 11, they might drag Banyule down with them.

I think Heidelberg have been the real suprise this season. They would have had genuine finals aspirations. I think Hurstbridge are still under a bit of pressure. They have some big challenges yet to come.

Hbridge will probably make the 4 if they beat TU and Whittlesea; but they also play Gborough and Rosanna, so they wouldn't want any "off-days" against the cellar dwellers.

Heidelberg have been relying on too few for too many years. However the upside for the Bergs is great, given the quality of their young players.

O'Connor x 2
Wilson
Barnes x 2
Woodman

Banyule had a couple of Barnes playing last week - fill-ins, or back for the rest of the season - does anyone know?
Gborough only beat Banyule by 40 odd, but it was 3 down versus 9 down. Over the season they have only conceded just over 15 runs per wicket, so their bowling is at least adequate. Their batting average of 24 runs per wicket is far more than adequate.

O'Connor x 2
Wilson
Barnes x 2
Woodman

Did Borough's opening bowler go down injured on the weekend???? Noticed he had an incomplete 7th over.......

Back