Money Shield 2013/2014

5 out of the 6 games posting scores of 245+ on the weekend, wouldnt have seen that happen to many times over recent seasons. Looks like the platypus balls might be making a big difference. Or it could have possibly been the perfect batting conditions and bowlers still being a bit out of form. Regardless it will be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on this.

5 out of the 6 games posting scores of 245+ on the weekend, wouldnt have seen that happen to many times over recent seasons. Looks like the platypus balls might be making a big difference. Or it could have possibly been the perfect batting conditions and bowlers still being a bit out of form. Regardless it will be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on this.

good scores across the board, could be the ball, could also be the pitches are starting to flatten out

good scores across the board, could be the ball, could also be the pitches are starting to flatten out

Nah not the pitches, they are the same as always. From what I've faced of the new ball, they stop swinging early on while movement off the deck seems to hang around a little longer but nothing like the kooka.

I agree, not the pitches, early on the tend to do a bit and then slowly die down. I think that's were well find this season the spinners having a more pronounced impact on results, if you jag a few early and then once the ball settles bring on a good spinner or 2, should hold your game in good stead rather than having pacemen toil all day with a dead ball with no seam

Therein lies the issue. How many sides have a good spinner or 2 in them?

Having spoken to a couple of the young bucks down at the club i decided to have a look at what all the fuss is about this big cricket. I must say that its reputation does not preceed itself. I feel i must also use small words as there seems to be a large number of unintelligent people here who know very little about the game or people playing or have played in this area. My belief is this. Play the game in the spirit it is meant and earn your stripes before you look anywhere but your shoelaces. Half you people on here have no respect for the game, the people who have played or the reputations they have earnt. And can someone tell me why this site or any site specifically designed for talking about the game, needs someone to mediate it? It seems far fetched that real people with real names would need a forum to slag people - or is that just the good old days where real men talked face to face. I say those who want nothing to do with the weak and wishful site join or start a new site where simply cricket is spoken and not personal battles are waged. Thats what a pub or dark alley is for. By the way, if anyone wants to speak to me, ill be the old guy at the bar at diamo an saturdays being held up by a table!

And can someone tell me why this site or any site specifically designed for talking about the game, needs someone to mediate it? It seems far fetched that real people with real names would need a forum to slag people - or is that just the good old days where real men talked face to face. I say those who want nothing to do with the weak and wishful site join or start a new site where simply cricket is spoken and not personal battles are waged. Thats what a pub or dark alley is for. By the way, if anyone wants to speak to me, ill be the old guy at the bar at diamo an saturdays being held up by a table!

I suggest that if you don't like this site, you get off it and never return, or at a minimum, stop creating new user names each week so you can continue slagging off the site and it's users. Because the reason there is moderators is so we can ban serial pests like you.

I suggest that if you don't like this site, you get off it and never return, or at a minimum, stop creating new user names each week so you can continue slagging off the site and it's users. Because the reason there is moderators is so we can ban serial pests like you.

Not hard to work out who it is. Really no surprise at all.

I agree, not the pitches, early on the tend to do a bit and then slowly die down. I think that's were well find this season the spinners having a more pronounced impact on results, if you jag a few early and then once the ball settles bring on a good spinner or 2, should hold your game in good stead rather than having pacemen toil all day with a dead ball with no seam

Its clear what everyone's thoughts are on the new balls, I have actually had the most trouble fielding, seeing the really dark ball in the trees is what i have struggled the most with. On the flip side for some bowlers: I have played against two reasonably good spinners the last two weeks, and was extremely surprised with how much they turned the ball. Both were offies, and turned it a mile.

Having spoken to a couple of the young bucks down at the club i decided to have a look at what all the fuss is about this big cricket. I must say that its reputation does not preceed itself. I feel i must also use small words as there seems to be a large number of unintelligent people here who know very little about the game or people playing or have played in this area. My belief is this. Play the game in the spirit it is meant and earn your stripes before you look anywhere but your shoelaces. Half you people on here have no respect for the game, the people who have played or the reputations they have earnt. And can someone tell me why this site or any site specifically designed for talking about the game, needs someone to mediate it? It seems far fetched that real people with real names would need a forum to slag people - or is that just the good old days where real men talked face to face. I say those who want nothing to do with the weak and wishful site join or start a new site where simply cricket is spoken and not personal battles are waged. Thats what a pub or dark alley is for. By the way, if anyone wants to speak to me, ill be the old guy at the bar at diamo an saturdays being held up by a table!
Theres 1 minute of my life I will never get back spent reading more dribble.Last thing this forum needed was another dumb stupid poster that does nothing to promote cricket news results thoughts etc so have another beer and stay away from this forum till you have a comment that has anything to do with local cricket news.

Early days, but Monty have had a very slow start. Missing a lot of players too. Who do we think will end up in B Grade?

Early days, but Monty have had a very slow start. Missing a lot of players too. Who do we think will end up in B Grade?

I was never a fan of Monty's policy of recruiting failures from Lower Plenty. Despite high opinions of themselves, their records are unimpressive to say the least.

The team that gets relegated won't be North Eltham. So it will be another 1st XI that finds itself in B Grade.

Top 4 is settled. Now to work out who plays who where in the semi finals.

What, with only 3 rounds completed? If you don't play for a team currently in the top 4 you might as well pack up your gear now. BTW, good calls on NEW; "won't win a game" and "might as well be a bye", they turned out pretty good....

Anyone know if Brad Hodge playing any games again for Mill Park in 20/20?

I've heard that he is, but he isn't listed on the website as a marquee player nor anything on the MPCC website. One of those where it would be great for the comp and Mill Park, but kinda torn as he would come up against us (Bundoora Utd) on November 26th at Redleap.

Hot off the press.. Nathan brown back to thomastown!!

Was on track for two relegations in two years! South Morang look very ordinary at the moment. By my guess of there 5 best players, one was from T'town, two from Mill Park, one isn't playing atm and the other is Leigh. I thought they were on a gold mine of young cricketers out there. Where are they?

Not to mention they put on the worst spread I've had in the DVCA!

Back