Money Shield 2013/2014

Was on track for two relegations in two years! South Morang look very ordinary at the moment. By my guess of there 5 best players, one was from T'town, two from Mill Park, one isn't playing atm and the other is Leigh. I thought they were on a gold mine of young cricketers out there. Where are they?

Not to mention they put on the worst spread I've had in the DVCA!

Fair call. They are in the right place geographically and have good facilities. Should be a booming club. Can't believe it will be down to South Morang, Lower Plenty and Montmorency to see who goes down. Long way back to Barclay from B Grade. Lower Plenty and Montmorency should probably consider merging (if either got relegated).

Fair call. They are in the right place geographically and have good facilities. Should be a booming club. Can't believe it will be down to South Morang, Lower Plenty and Montmorency to see who goes down. Long way back to Barclay from B Grade. Lower Plenty and Montmorency should probably consider merging (if either got relegated).

I don't think Monty are going to go down. Chickenman is back playing this week. He's a big in for them. They'll come good.

Had mill park and rosanna 2s. Very impressed by rosanna top order including mcmaster and niculeski. Mill park very solid attack. Interesting game with ros 205 and m.p 4/22. Top lunch too! All the best to browny if true. Top kid. Shit punter tho..

Anyone able to explain how BU got the 10pts when they got the runs in the 163rd over? :eek:
Notice that myself, if that's the case then surely the DVCA Exec will over turn the outright result, can't have umpires making ridiculous mistakes like that and costing and disadvantaging the 11 other clubs in that way, by my reading of it the game should have been over when camrea were dismissed in there 2nd innings!

I'm sure the comp will look at both books before passing judgment.

Anyone have any news on the Mont vs Eltham game?

Eltham get the points. I don't know the exact story, so i apologise if i am slightly out, but the books didn't add up. I believe there were a couple of runs missing, which were found that a batsmen was missing a 4.

Absolutely huge win by our boys. Not too many times you chase down 290. Great to see the boys get the runs especially considering its new people getting runs (not Skips), and the tail dug deep with some great partnerships.

Eltham get the points. I don't know the exact story, so i apologise if i am slightly out, but the books didn't add up. I believe there were a couple of runs missing, which were found that a batsmen was missing a 4.

Absolutely huge win by our boys. Not too many times you chase down 290. Great to see the boys get the runs especially considering its new people getting runs (not Skips), and the tail dug deep with some great partnerships.

I'm sure the comp will look at both books before passing judgment.

Anyone have any news on the Mont vs Eltham game?
BU cheated end of conversation

Seriously, did anything good happen this week, or is this site about hanging shite on anything that moves.

Any commentary on the games?

How'd the relegated and prompted teams look?

Have Heid and Banyule got a better game this year?

Will Greensborough go one step further?

Or is Money Shield full of crap blokes who play crap cricket? According to this site, that's all Money Shield has got going for it!!

Unders
Greensborough will go 1 step further, banuyle will struggle their kids aren't good enough, the old guys have past their time. Heidelberg will fade out as the season progresses

I think it is fair we put the debate about the new balls to bed, big scores have happened over the first 4 rounds. No doubt they help the batsmen but if you look at the results each week as I do sides are still getting bowled out for low scores as well. Mont 70 against boro, camrea 88 & 90 against BU. Yes the balls go dark and soft quickly but still offers a lot to the bowlers. I've never been a big mover with the ball and I've got the ball talking this year

Back