Money Shield 2013/2014

To be completely honest, I am not sure. The ground has played tricks over the last couple of months, in that we have expected it to be quick one week and its actually slow, and vice versa the next week. The last 3 games scores for both teams were between 190 - 228. So based on that, would say that its par, and you need to bat well to get the runs. Likewise, we will need to bowl well to take 10 wickets in a very strong batting line up.

If that's the case it's probably a real 50-50 game, I'd lean towards Stars, just on their history of chasing big totals

If that's the case it's probably a real 50-50 game, I'd lean towards Stars, just on their history of chasing big totals

Because you asked, I was curious and just had a look at the results. Before this game, 14 innings have been played at Eltham (1 x one day game) 200 has only been scored 4 times for the season, with the highest score being 228.

Make of that what you will.

Because you asked, I was curious and just had a look at the results. Before this game, 14 innings have been played at Eltham (1 x one day game) 200 has only been scored 4 times for the season, with the highest score being 228.

Make of that what you will.

That is surprising, have big totals been posted by your seconds at the ground?

You lot are being very kind to Eltham's bowlers to say that the game is even. They haven't bowled a side out since November. The Stars will get the runs easily. One of Eltham's opening bowlers has taken 4 wickets @ 74.50.

You lot are being very kind to Eltham's bowlers to say that the game is even. They haven't bowled a side out since November. The Stars will get the runs easily. One of Eltham's opening bowlers has taken 4 wickets @ 74.50.

You do realise that your mob has taken 10 wickets in a game ONCE this whole season?

Having faced most if not all of them over the past 20 odd years all were very quick but for me one stands out from the rest as he had me genuinely fearing for my safety.A Sri Lankan who played for research in the mid nineties and may have only played the one year,hopefully brutal can help me out with his name.Pretty sure he represented Sri Lanka in the "96" World Cup
Pulaste Gunnaratne. Took 25 wickets for the season and had 15 catches dropped off him in slips. One of those hit Scott Teagle between the eyes at 3rd slip before he could get his hands up :) From memory I think it was 2003 World Cup he played for Sri Lanka. Clocked at 135k plus on the radar back then. I've never seen a keeper stand as far back to anyone, as Glen Turner did when Adam McGinty played at Research though!

One day I was keeping wickets in the HDCA on malthoid against Clifton Hill and was standing 20 mtrs from the boundary I reckon, to Peter Banks - who took 8/15 and we routed them for around 20 in just over 10 overs from memory. He was the quickest bowler I kept to by far.
To put it into some perpective, I stood 15 mtrs closer for Chesto back in his prime

lower eltham turning into a bigger disgrace year after year. Jet getting a free ride because of his little brother protecting him. or maybe he threatened to fight more people down there? L.Poyser also tainted with the untouchable brush. now they are dropping donaldson to e grade to win to qualify for finals. Very mill park like.

lower eltham turning into a bigger disgrace year after year. Jet getting a free ride because of his little brother protecting him. or maybe he threatened to fight more people down there? L.Poyser also tainted with the untouchable brush. now they are dropping donaldson to e grade to win to qualify for finals. Very mill park like.

Can you elaborate please Jason?

Jason
You obviously have no idea about Jet’s personality , he is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet inside or outside of cricket , to even mention about Jet threatening to fight people is so far away from the mark its not funny.
In regards to the LE selection , if you did a little research you will find that no one in the twos has fired a shot all year with the bat.
The players you mentioned are quality cricketers and individuals , so show a more respect before shooting off your mouth.

Jason
You obviously have no idea about Jet’s personality , he is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet inside or outside of cricket , to even mention about Jet threatening to fight people is so far away from the mark its not funny.
In regards to the LE selection , if you did a little research you will find that no one in the twos has fired a shot all year with the bat.
The players you mentioned are quality cricketers and individuals , so show a more respect before shooting off your mouth.

good to know you pick players on personalty instead of ability. fighting players within your own club would not be 'one of the nicest blokes you will meet' in my eyes. S.mitchell has 200+ runs in the magoos and he doesnt get a look in. poyser fails and goes up. mitchell cant do worse than them too.

To keep the chat on topic - Here is my two cents on the games this week:

Eltham 244 v Lalor - Runs on the board are always worth more. Lalor are one of the form teams at the moment and will be hard to beat. Being at home and a finals like game, I would have to pick my boys to get the job done (Lets be honest, i am not going to tip against them).

Camrea 3/36 v Greensborough 210. Pretty surprised to see Greensborough not bat the day out against Camrea. A couple of good bats already out, with their best bat to come. They need to have someone stand up other than Ranatunga. Ill have borough winning by 45 runs.

Bundoora United 6/371 v Lower Plenty. Surely you can't lose from there? But then again, surely they couldn't let Banyule get close last game? Can Kelsey make it 3 in a row? He has to, as does Rapp, for them to get the points. Bundoora United easily here.

South Morang v Heidelberg 247, Bar not get Cashen out (127*) they had a pretty good day with the other 10 batsmen only getting 97 runs. Having 23 extras is not good enough and may potentially hurt them in the chase. I would still have my hard earned on Heidelberg to do the job reasonably easily.

Banyule v Hurstbridge 243, Although they made a massive score last game, they didn't get the points and it would be shattering for them, and i don't think they will come back from that loss. It was also the only time Banyule has got over 200 for the season. That to me says that this score is too big for them to chase.

NEW 7/206 v Monty This is a throw of a coin game. 206 is a pretty good score, and gives the bowlers something to aim at. I have monty just infront purely on experience.

To keep the chat on topic - Here is my two cents on the games this week:

Eltham 244 v Lalor - Runs on the board are always worth more. Lalor are one of the form teams at the moment and will be hard to beat. Being at home and a finals like game, I would have to pick my boys to get the job done (Lets be honest, i am not going to tip against them).

Camrea 3/36 v Greensborough 210. Pretty surprised to see Greensborough not bat the day out against Camrea. A couple of good bats already out, with their best bat to come. They need to have someone stand up other than Ranatunga. Ill have borough winning by 45 runs.

Bundoora United 6/371 v Lower Plenty. Surely you can't lose from there? But then again, surely they couldn't let Banyule get close last game? Can Kelsey make it 3 in a row? He has to, as does Rapp, for them to get the points. Bundoora United easily here.

South Morang v Heidelberg 247, Bar not get Cashen out (127*) they had a pretty good day with the other 10 batsmen only getting 97 runs. Having 23 extras is not good enough and may potentially hurt them in the chase. I would still have my hard earned on Heidelberg to do the job reasonably easily.

Banyule v Hurstbridge 243, Although they made a massive score last game, they didn't get the points and it would be shattering for them, and i don't think they will come back from that loss. It was also the only time Banyule has got over 200 for the season. That to me says that this score is too big for them to chase.

NEW 7/206 v Monty This is a throw of a coin game. 206 is a pretty good score, and gives the bowlers something to aim at. I have monty just infront purely on experience.

Good run down Tongs, I think that 371 is enough this week, but the bowlers wont be taking it lightly.
Morang would have to play out of their skins to get the runs, but after a huge chase last week, it could be on. Similar to Banyule, if one or two bats get a bit of luck, it is a chance.
Not sure that Stars need the luck as much and would be backing themselves in to get the 244, although, a not day and will be a great finals tester.

Jason

I reckon spinners club sounds like a massive TOOL. Probably bowls loopy rubbish spinners also and tries bullying kids around in the lower grades.

Back