Money Shield 2017/18

Will both BS and MS grannys be played at Mernda this year? Wouldn't mind having the chance to watch both games
They have a narrow pitch. Surely not. Ground always in unbelievable condition. Plenty was good last year. But I hope elthams ground is up to it. Best ground to watch cricket by a mile for mine.

I think you make me laugh the most David. I don’t recall mentioning GT. Once again you choose to bring him into a conversation to suit your own agenda. Why do you have such a fascination with him? Are you trying to befriend him in the hope of recruiting him? My opinion of Eltham hasn’t changed in 25 years. Surely you can’t deny that they are gifted with some great opportunity with location, town centre, facilities ever expanding at great cost. They should be a power in the comp. Yeah, sure we have issues but fortunately it has nothing to do with being a rabble. Off field we are very well managed, a brand new 2 story social facility due to commence shortly, have great finances, great relationships across all demographics with all players from all sides enjoying each other’s company etc. The one thing we lack is depth in playing stocks. Most weeks we have 9 players under 21 in our ones, and while that might be great for the future it puts a lot of pressure on the current group. Now if we aren’t good enough to win on Saturday, and that obviously a possibility, yes we will be in Mash Shield next season but no ones going to “jump ship” and no ones going to jump on ‘big cricket’ on Sunday morning and waste their time with people that to be quite honest, need anonymity to find the miniscual ounce of courage they can muster. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think you have the intelligence to recognise the facts Dave, but I think a small part of you likes the theatre of what goes on here and the degree of importance you think you derive. The only bloke on here that talks anything remotely relevant is ‘Bundoora’, Blackhawk does his best, the majority of the rest are pretty bloody sad individuals really who would be too scared to front anyone without their cloak of anonymity. Anyway it’s a free country, freedom of speech is one of the great benefits of our great country, so keep having a crack. I’ll take a sabbatical until, I don’t know, perhaps 6pm Saturday evening. Hopefully if I’m lucky I can avoid the Mash Shield 2018/19 forum :(
To be completely honest Brutal, I feel for you somewhat... however been around the forum for a few years having a look every so often.. you’ve really bought all of this on yourself with your constant deflection of criticism. Would be a shame to see your boys go down to Mash but it could be the wake up call your club needs.

To be completely honest Brutal, I feel for you somewhat... however been around the forum for a few years having a look every so often.. you’ve really bought all of this on yourself with your constant deflection of criticism. Would be a shame to see your boys go down to Mash but it could be the wake up call your club needs.
The power-hungry behind the scenes (elitist types), have been dismantling Research inch by inch for 10 years.

Now here they are.

Its wonderful.

They have a narrow pitch. Surely not. Ground always in unbelievable condition. Plenty was good last year. But I hope elthams ground is up to it. Best ground to watch cricket by a mile for mine.

Nothing wrong with the narrow pitch, means the bowler might have to actually bowl to you rather than 2ft wide of off stump. Besides those flat decks are great to bat on. Have to agree on the viewing, although the front ground is decent, the back ground isn't the best to watch cricket on.

I'm tipping Heidelberg will want to bat most of the day and may throw them back in but not sure an outright means anything if Banyule get done. Should be interesting when the LS boys realise they have to give Heidelberg batting practice until 4.30pm.

Surely stars will be trying to reverse the result. If Research win they are gone. If that happens then it comes down to percentage with Mernda probably gone.

Surely stars will be trying to reverse the result. If Research win they are gone. If that happens then it comes down to percentage with Mernda probably gone.

Would be interesting if Lalor go down, means only Epping and Mill Park are the only clubs that represent that side of the Valley in the top grades. With both Thomastown teams, South Morang, Whittlesea, Laurimar and Lalor all potentially in Mash. Ageing population in those areas has always been a talking point as something to be concerned with in local sport but it appears it's coming to fruition now.

Ageing population argument is the biggest croc of crap. Banyule have 160 juniors an in a much older area than any of the clubs you mentioned.
Epping, Whittlesea, laurimar, Mill Park, Sth Marong are in some of the biggest growth areas in the state. Where as The Thomastown clubs have neglected the most important part of the club for the past 20 years and that’s the junior program. Your club is only as strong as the effort you put in at that level.

Ageing population argument is the biggest croc of crap. Banyule have 160 juniors an in a much older area than any of the clubs you mentioned.
Epping, Whittlesea, laurimar, Mill Park, Sth Marong are in some of the biggest growth areas in the state. Where as The Thomastown clubs have neglected the most important part of the club for the past 20 years and that’s the junior program. Your club is only as strong as the effort you put in at that level.

Good on Banyule, the hard work now will pay them back in spades in the years to come. Worth noting Banyule sits bang in the middle of one of the best schooling regions in the state, with private schools/primary schools with rich sporting history providing them with kids every year, (it's their job to capitalise on that, which they do really well). You only need to look at what's happening in the lower levels of the NFL to see that sport in that region is struggling, there is a clear and direct correlation here. I'll agree to disagree that it's a croc of crap.

the stars have approx 50plus kids in their system + milo so i would not say they are neglecting their junior program
Hence why I didn’t mention them in my post. Stars are a strong club culture wise as well with many of the older guys putting there time back into the kids. Think there going well overall despite the A grade results in an incredibly tight year in that grade.

I don’t get the point of putting the MS granny out in Mernda. Last year crowd numbers were way down simply due to the fact that no body wants to drive out that way. Lower Eltham could’ve been a perfect spot for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back