Money Shield 2017/18

Hence why I didn’t mention them in my post. Stars are a strong club culture wise as well with many of the older guys putting there time back into the kids. Think there going well overall despite the A grade results in an incredibly tight year in that grade.
all good Draught , it is a hard area to recruit kids as some of the schools are not willing to help but we seemed to get by , it does help when we offer them free cricket :):D

Barclay Shield @ Plenty Park
Money Shield @ Mernda
Mash Shield @ Diamond Creek

No issue with those 3 in principle, i do question if a Heidelberg v Banyule (if were to enventuate) match should be played at Mernda though. Obviously clubs that make it will play anywhere. Other concern is the plenty supporters who miss watching their own side if they make it.

all good Draught , it is a hard area to recruit kids as some of the schools are not willing to help but we seemed to get by , it does help when we offer them free cricket :):D
Free cricket was such a great idea by your club and shows some ingenuity and the importance of the junior program. Other clubs unfortunately don’t realise the importance of putting in the effort, ie school visits, free fees etc...
they blame parents, and changing times and old areas. It’s a cop out

Jesus it's not that far.
It’s not that far but it’s not as convenient as the other two finals venues and I know I’d be inclined to watch the other games rather than go the extra distance. Should be at Eltham anyway, all 3 GFs would be pretty near to each other for those who like to float between and it’s a better viewing ground also . Seems to be a logical decision not made

Free cricket was such a great idea by your club and shows some ingenuity and the importance of the junior program. Other clubs unfortunately don’t realise the importance of putting in the effort, ie school visits, free fees etc...
they blame parents, and changing times and old areas. It’s a cop out
Whilst I don’t think all areas are on a completely level playing field I totally agree the results are born from hard work and a dedication to build from the ground up. Very rarely will you see sustained success in any Comp without the support of a good junior program and none that come to my mind in DV. Great to see the stars being proactive in that this is one area they have clearly recognise they must target to stay a strong and relevant club

No issue with those 3 in principle, i do question if a Heidelberg v Banyule (if were to enventuate) match should be played at Mernda though. Obviously clubs that make it will play anywhere. Other concern is the plenty supporters who miss watching their own side if they make it.
Is there a reason for announcing the venues before the finals teams have been decided and is there any reason why clubs wouldn’t be happy for a venue to be decided once all participants have been decided ?? Do grounds need to be booked etc??

Ageing population argument is the biggest croc of crap. Banyule have 160 juniors an in a much older area than any of the clubs you mentioned.
Epping, Whittlesea, laurimar, Mill Park, Sth Marong are in some of the biggest growth areas in the state. Where as The Thomastown clubs have neglected the most important part of the club for the past 20 years and that’s the junior program. Your club is only as strong as the effort you put in at that level.
Don't know who you are draughty boy but 1,000 x 100%

It’s not that far but it’s not as convenient as the other two finals venues and I know I’d be inclined to watch the other games rather than go the extra distance. Should be at Eltham anyway, all 3 GFs would be pretty near to each other for those who like to float between and it’s a better viewing ground also . Seems to be a logical decision not made
Bang on mate!

Ageing population argument is the biggest croc of crap. Banyule have 160 juniors an in a much older area than any of the clubs you mentioned.
Epping, Whittlesea, laurimar, Mill Park, Sth Marong are in some of the biggest growth areas in the state. Where as The Thomastown clubs have neglected the most important part of the club for the past 20 years and that’s the junior program. Your club is only as strong as the effort you put in at that level.
I agree also. Only have to look at Lower Plenty. 5 or 6 years ago didn't have a junior side, had to get special permission to stay affiliated with the DVCA. Currently struggling, no doubt in part to lack of juniors emerging through the ranks. But at the time, they paid someone to be their junior co-ordinator (an amount some DVCA coaches would be getting). Now their junior program is taking off again from all reports, and no doubt in 4 or 5 years time we'll see the benefits.

Is there a reason for announcing the venues before the finals teams have been decided and is there any reason why clubs wouldn’t be happy for a venue to be decided once all participants have been decided ?? Do grounds need to be booked etc??

I would imagine most clubs pay their rates from October 1 - March 31 so grounds shouldn't be an issue. We are footing the bill. I assume the council would want to know in advance so they can start preparing for footy season (although they rarely show the same urgency to get grounds ready for cricket at end of footy seasons!!)

I don't reckon I'd get much support, but why not play the GF's at the home of highest finisher? It took ages to use common sense and do it for the B grade and below fixtures, why not give a financial reward to those who earn the right to host?

I would imagine most clubs pay their rates from October 1 - March 31 so grounds shouldn't be an issue. We are footing the bill. I assume the council would want to know in advance so they can start preparing for footy season (although they rarely show the same urgency to get grounds ready for cricket at end of footy seasons!!)

I don't reckon I'd get much support, but why not play the GF's at the home of highest finisher? It took ages to use common sense and do it for the B grade and below fixtures, why not give a financial reward to those who earn the right to host?
Because that suggestion makes sense and the dvca aren’t about common sense

The only issue with offering free cricket is it makes it very hard to go back to charging anything. BTW, don't bother with religious schools, they're too smug to help the local community.

Gunna miss Brutals insights and thoughts on Money Shield.
22 rounds ago they knocked over raging favourites in Riverside in the top grade, and now find themselves 2 grade below. Surely some heads will roll.
Chocolates to boiled lollies.

Couldn't happen to a better person than burton and his club. The flog is the biggest sook. Got his club relegated from Barclay to Mash in a couple of years. Must be worth every cent he's cost them. Now has a big couple of weeks sending emails around to try and fleece his next suitors, but buyers beware!!!!!

Gunna miss Brutals insights and thoughts on Money Shield.
22 rounds ago they knocked over raging favourites in Riverside in the top grade, and now find themselves 2 grade below. Surely some heads will roll.
Chocolates to boiled lollies.
Big thanks to their former President, Fitzpatrick, the College involvement, Brutal etc. etc.

What a disgusting excuse for a Cricket Club. They've systematically run it into the ground. How wonderful.

Back