MOVIES/TV

Hapless but good looking scientists get sucked into something that looks like an enormous liquorice allsort that has been turned inside out.
Ridiculous indoor fireworks suitable for kids' birthday party, and the lads vanish! Where could they be?
TV series, American. Same era as Lost in Space.

Hapless but good looking scientists get sucked into something that looks like an enormous liquorice allsort that has been turned inside out.
Ridiculous indoor fireworks suitable for kids' birthday party, and the lads vanish! Where could they be?
TV series, American. Same era as Lost in Space.
Time Tunnel.
I was rather young in those days so enjoyed some of the stories, specially as most were based on fact.

Another series about that time, with some little people having a tuff time when they are thrust into a space warp.

Last edited:
Time Tunnel.
I was rather young in those days so enjoyed some of the stories, specially as most were based on fact.

Hole in one. Hole in 1966 too.

For your little people, just a guess - I don't think I ever saw first episode of Land of the Giants. (?)

I dropped a clanger: it was dubbed, not subtitled. What you get for trusting memory and overlooking Wikipedia. Produced 78-80, shown in Oz early 80s. Probably in UK about the same time because BBC did the adaption.
Better add now that it was produced by Nippon TV.

So it was Japanese. The only Japanese tv series I recall was with ninja warriors having the ability to fly. Absurd stuff. Is yours SCI FI?

Last edited:
ninja warriors having the ability to fly. Absurd stuff.
Pioneering special effects. Remember they used to leap into trees facing backwards?
No not that. Not SciFi either - try historical fantasy/legendary.
If Jessica can't get this by this evening GMT I'll spill the beans.

I dropped a clanger: it was dubbed, not subtitled. What you get for trusting memory and overlooking Wikipedia. Produced 78-80, shown in Oz early 80s. Probably in UK about the same time because BBC did the adaption.
I have no idea 🤔

Back