New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Second XI At Best;357210 said:
Whisper is that Newtown have appointed Ben Neville as Captain Coach. We know much about him?

no whisper, believe it is the case. He has played plenty of cricket at Newtown, but more recently played a bit of Premier Cricket with North Melbourne (a few years ago) and also some other cricket in Melbourne somewhere. Has been travelling over the last few years and played the odd game with Newtown while he was here. Have been chasing him for a few years but this is the first year he has committed to playing the whole season. A very handy bat, not sure if he has coached another club prior to this, but will add to the batting for sure.

thommy_rissole;357224 said:
Are there any clubs who haven't got a coach for next season?

Why Seany? Got 1 or 2 too many at Thommy Land?

AB1;357247 said:
Why Seany? Got 1 or 2 too many at Thommy Land?

Some general cricket conversation Mr Bourke.

I'd invite you to join us on the coaching committee at Godfrey St but I'm afraid that we would have to pay your alter ego Smoking Joe too :D

thommy_rissole;357255 said:

I'd invite you to join us on the coaching committee at Godfrey St but I'm afraid that we would have to pay your alter ego Smoking Joe too :D

Chomp.....

thommy_rissole;357255 said:

I think 8 assistant coaches would be pushing it mate...

thommy_rissole;357260 said:
Enjoy you're free flight & live large in your Torquay apartment this summer AB1

Ouch..... Bit defensive Tommy

thommy_rissole;357260 said:
Enjoy you're free flight & live large in your Torquay apartment this summer AB1

1st class flight and a penthouse at Crowne plaza to be specific.

gca_ipl;357280 said:
what round does Thomson take on Torquay ? Sounds like something special is brewing already !!

No Daz, not really. Sean generally takes his frustrations out on the umpires, or temporary seating arrangments!!!:D:D

AB1;357306 said:
No Daz, not really. Sean generally takes his frustrations out on the umpires, or temporary seating arrangments!!!:D:D

Ooooh banter! Zero tolerance this season from the GCA.

Will Babies Arm make it through the season without a suspension?

thommy_rissole;357335 said:

of course he will. He already has a 3-4 game suspended sentence over his head and in his quest for an extra tatt for the Swans (if we win a premiership) he will be keen to stick to that !!

thommy_rissole;357335 said:

its all good rissole.

gca div1 player;357395 said:
by the way.. anyone interested in playing cricket in geelong with a side that has played finals/premierships in the last 10 years? love to hear from anyone interested.. good quality bat??

it seems Lions Den, aka, last season Babies Arm antagoniser, is on the recruiting mission again for his club. Let us know what comes of these attempts.

Word is that Marshall are talking to Dean Armstrong from Leopold and another turf player from South Barwon (Murnane i think, not sure which one) to co- coach this year. Anyone from Leopold, South or Marshall verify this?

Armstrong is a handy spinner and has coached before not sure about the other guy though?

fourmore;357463 said:
Word is that Marshall are talking to Dean Armstrong from Leopold and another turf player from South Barwon (Murnane i think, not sure which one) to co- coach this year. Anyone from Leopold, South or Marshall verify this?

Armstrong is a handy spinner and has coached before not sure about the other guy though?

Dean Armstrong would be pretty handy for them as it appears Leopold no longer have him in their plans. I think the Murnane idea sounds like something which may have came out of Dean's idea's as he works with him. It would be Cam but he has already committed alongside his two brothers to South and is working closely this year with the Hornet as one of the bowling coaches. You normally would not see any movement between the two clubs because you are not moving because of the location of the ground !! You either start at one club and stay there, or go to another club, not next door. There are possibly a few exceptions to this rule over time with another possibility this year, but at the moment not South to Marshall.

fourmore;357463 said:

Wouldn't be Cam, still injured.

Back