New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Hard Hitter;366384 said:
just found out who your talking about. Has been declined and will be declined any further applications period.

Yet Foord (x2), Koliba etc.... are being cleared. Double standards much? Surely if someone doesn't want to play for your club you do what is in their best interests and let them leave.

black+sheep.jpg

I have no idea who it is, but for me, the whole system is pointless. Create the correct methods/processes at your club, reduce the amount of attrition. Simples. If people want to leave, let them!

gca_ipl;366447 said:
I think we all know who this is now.

thommy_rissole;366460 said:
Yet Foord (x2), Koliba etc.... are being cleared. Double standards much? Surely if someone doesn't want to play for your club you do what is in their best interests and let them leave.

black+sheep.jpg

AB1;366462 said:
I have no idea who it is, but for me, the whole system is pointless. Create the correct methods/processes at your club, reduce the amount of attrition. Simples. If people want to leave, let them!

I don't want to go on about this and start a slanging match but geez it's ordinary, this isn't a normal clearance process. This is a handshake agreement made between men around a table it's pretty ordinary IMO.

I'll leave it at that and let the committees sort it out, hopefully they have some dignity and do the right thing, like we did two years ago when the shoe was on the other foot........

Also do you think this might be a give away of where he wants to be?
http://stalbansbreakwater.cricketvictoria.com.au/cgi-bin/newsdisplay.cgi?rm=viewListing;plugin_data_id=91236;site_id=256

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;366425 said:
So your saying your club is reneging on a agreement made on the conditions of the clearance we gave him to go to Newcomb in good faith?

*Agreement was the kid would be cleared to play turf cricket to Newcomb on the terms if he ever wanted to return to his junior club(St Albans/Breakwater) he'd be cleared back. Period.....

Makes a mockery of you and your club Hilgy expect a fight on this and you and your club should hang your head in shame, absolute disgrace.:mad:

Speaking to the kid he will never play at your club again, so you'll make him sit out for 12 months? HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!!!!!

Lets get one thing clear, I'm not aware of any such alledged agreement. I wasn't there and don't know what was said. Sounds like you were Jay so send me the names of who attended via private message and I'll look into it. I'll seek facts and not heresay.

I have never hung my head in shame, never have, never will. If I get it wrong I'll admit it and move on, unlike other spinless twats you come across in life. I don't feel shameful or disgraced in any way, shape or form and I'll stand by my Clubs decisions and Policies. Like you Jay, I'm a proud and passionate member of my club.

In a fews years time you guys will need to work on retaining your younger players when your multi talented semi professionals who are playing as amateurs except for Millsy, ::rolleyes: retire or move onto greener pastures. I hope they become 10 -15 year players as I like St.Albans, what direction you are taking and what you stand for, but you wont find me sulking like a 5 year old when a decision doesn't go my way or I don't get what I want. May not like it or agree with it, but I'll get on with it.

No I wont keep him out of cricket, he comes to training puts in with a good attitude he will play plenty of cricket. Chris is an adult and can make his own decisions and if he choses to sit out that is his adult decision. Christ, if you read the rules, play the system. Next season we can't hold him, you guys will more than likely be promoted with your current squad & I hope you do, Chris stays a divy two, have a cracker of a year - go to you guys, 1 year older, more mature and hopefully less strings from some influences around him and you get a player who will slot in your top 4 bats and a very, very handy bowler. F%^& I think you know me well enough that I'll invest as much time with him as I will with all the other younger lads and work on improving their cricket, regardless of their futre intensions. I love watch all the young players coming through Geelong Cricket, there is some pretty good talent.

Jay I'm quite willing to meet up with you face to face and have an informal chat and hear your views or anyone else with St.Albans. I'm availible tonight after 7pm send me a message to arrange, only 8 days to Rd 1, It's not personal, we are all adults including Hester, he is not a kid. I'm sure that EJ will call Chris to arrange a chat between player and club as we have done with everyone.

How the F@#$ does it make a mockery of me and the club working on retaining our youth players to build on. Yes we have cleared players Tommy R, and no not double standards, there are valid reasons from a club point of view why these players were not going to be at NDCC this season regardless. Which have been decided in confidence. Good luck to these players at Sth Barwon. May be they will get what they want to achieve with them and become good, respectful club people.

The whole clearence process is a mockery and will always make the club involved to be the bad guy. It's all worded for the GCA to save face (Rule 17 on wards, read it) and to even go to an appeal for the GCA to make the call you need and quote "extrodinary, exceptional reasons" again the GCA hide.

Yes I do have personal views on clearences, F#$%'n hate them, but as the rules stand, it is the way it is.

Hard Hitter;366494 said:
Lets get one thing clear, I'm not aware of any such alledged agreement. I wasn't there and don't know what was said. Sounds like you were Jay so send me the names of who attended via private message and I'll look into it. I'll seek facts and not heresay.

I have never hung my head in shame, never have, never will. If I get it wrong I'll admit it and move on, unlike other spinless twats you come across in life. I don't feel shameful or disgraced in any way, shape or form and I'll stand by my Clubs decisions and Policies. Like you Jay, I'm a proud and passionate member of my club.

In a fews years time you guys will need to work on retaining your younger players when your multi talented semi professionals who are playing as amateurs except for Millsy, ::rolleyes: retire or move onto greener pastures. I hope they become 10 -15 year players as I like St.Albans, what direction you are taking and what you stand for, but you wont find me sulking like a 5 year old when a decision doesn't go my way or I don't get what I want. May not like it or agree with it, but I'll get on with it.

No I wont keep him out of cricket, he comes to training puts in with a good attitude he will play plenty of cricket. Chris is an adult and can make his own decisions and if he choses to sit out that is his adult decision. Christ, if you read the rules, play the system. Next season we can't hold him, you guys will more than likely be promoted with your current squad & I hope you do, Chris stays a divy two, have a cracker of a year - go to you guys, 1 year older, more mature and hopefully less strings from some influences around him and you get a player who will slot in your top 4 bats and a very, very handy bowler. F%^& I think you know me well enough that I'll invest as much time with him as I will with all the other younger lads and work on improving their cricket, regardless of their futre intensions. I love watch all the young players coming through Geelong Cricket, there is some pretty good talent.

Jay I'm quite willing to meet up with you face to face and have an informal chat and hear your views or anyone else with St.Albans. I'm availible tonight after 7pm send me a message to arrange, only 8 days to Rd 1, It's not personal, we are all adults including Hester, he is not a kid. I'm sure that EJ will call Chris to arrange a chat between player and club as we have done with everyone.

How the F@#$ does it make a mockery of me and the club working on retaining our youth players to build on. Yes we have cleared players Tommy R, and no not double standards, there are valid reasons from a club point of view why these players were not going to be at NDCC this season regardless. Which have been decided in confidence. Good luck to these players at Sth Barwon. May be they will get what they want to achieve with them and become good, respectful club people.

The whole clearence process is a mockery and will always make the club involved to be the bad guy. It's all worded for the GCA to save face (Rule 17 on wards, read it) and to even go to an appeal for the GCA to make the call you need and quote "extrodinary, exceptional reasons" again the GCA hide.

Yes I do have personal views on clearences, F#$%'n hate them, but as the rules stand, it is the way it is.

This is the last post I'll make in the public forum on this.

All of what you said is well and good but the main outstanding issue is, our club invested a lot more time into these players than NDCC have via junior programs, an agreement was made that they wanted to play turf cricket and our club actually pointed them in your direction on the terms that if they ever wanted to come back, they'd be cleared without hesitation. I'll PM you with the names and even if these people aren't on the committee anymore your club still has an obligation to follow that through IMO.

I won't be available for a chat tonight as work are putting on booze at the pub all arvo. But I'm sure Jock would be interested in having a chat if you PM me your number.

Cheers.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;366491 said:
I'll leave it at that and let the committees sort it out, hopefully they have some dignity and do the right thing, like we did two years ago when the shoe was on the other foot........

Also do you think this might be a give away of where he wants to be?
No Cookies

Ok SBW had an 1 hour meeting with jock this afternoon after a few hours finding out the facts as I said I would. All sorted 95%. Hope I haven't made a mockery of it or you consider me or my club a disgrace ;) LOL mate just a little dig in good fun.

Watching Closely;366571 said:
Heard that Anderson was cleared to BPH today?? Any truth to that??

Yes Cleared This afternoon, by order of the GCA as they have recieved Stat Dec from BPH stating he is the approved professional player at BPH and we won't have grounds for a winning appeal. Good luck Simo hope it all works out for ya and the change works for you.

Hard Hitter;366591 said:
Yes Cleared This afternoon, by order of the GCA as they have recieved Stat Dec from BPH stating he is the approved professional player at BPH and we won't have grounds for a winning appeal. Good luck Simo hope it all works out for ya and the change works for you.

Then it's official; Alex Cairns, an ex-VCA opening bat and GCA Top 3 or 4 bat is playing for free.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;366202 said:
So, how are we looking for the season ahead in the BPCA. If anyone could help out with club by club ins and outs that would be great.

Anglesea: Peter Bracken is coaching, Glenn Richardson to captain with Darryn Jacobs heading to Manifold.

Barrabool: Coach? Have apparently picked up Jed Potter from Corio, Mark Adams from Drysdale and Colin Bride from GW might be playing (Not playing with Barrabool, playing at Leopold).
Ben Straughn Coaching

Barwon Heads: Les Wallace is travelling the country for the year, but Clint Watson is back to fill his spot. Chris Welsford to captain/coach again.

Collendina:Coach- Brendan Hall

Drysdale: Leigh Allan is coaching, other inclusion is Craig Brady who used to play for BPH. The club is hoping alot of their B Grade premiership side can step up a grade.

Jan Juc: I heard whispers Lygo wasn't playing this season, not sure whether they have any merit though? I'd imagine Muncey would be coaching again.

Newcomb: Coach- Matt Price

Ocean Grove: Lindsay non playing coach, Sean Braniff returning

Portarlington: Coach- Damien Vassiliou

Queenscliff: Coach- Tim Clarke

St Leonards: Won't have an A Grade this year. Rob Cutajar is coaching.

Wallington: Coach Darren Cameron I think:confused:

gday guys heard about this site and thought it looked pretty interesting to see everyone from around the league and where clubs are at for the 09/10 season , i cant comment on other clubs but have read through and seen some handy cricketers movements throughout the league this year .

this is my first year coaching barrabool this season and looking forward to seeing how we will fare against some of the more dominant clubs from previous seasons there are a few new faces here this year and things are looking promising for a pretty competitive side .

the only departures i know of are craggs to inverleigh and ben northeast to geelong city.

the ones i can say have been cleared to play with us this year , is jed potter from corio , mark adams , ( hasnt been cleared yet but shouldnt be a problem i would hope ) tim barr from mortlake , justin boseley from geelong city and waiting on 1-2 more guys on decisions this week .

good luck to everyone for the first game hopefully the rain will stay away to get a good days cricket in , cheers

I Bowl Meat Pies;364725 said:
yerr a good bloke.. and good cricketer on his day.. played sum good cricket at north during his time there

After playing with jarrod last year i have to say he is one of the most determined , patient , one u could rely on to dig in when needed batsman i have seen , as well as a great bloke off the feild , im certain he will have a great year with the bat as well as leading corio along with henry shelley this year .

Has anyone else heard that Luke Hardiman is going to be back playing for Ocean Grove this year? Any word on James Bartel suiting up again for Collendina?

a for effort;366585 said:
He's dead Trav. Read a book or something

dead, thats not good. who have the thomy boys got 1st round, and what grade are the twins, booley and cleary playing?

Back