New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Alex Stanley- Newtown Chilwell to Geelong CC

Ben Neville is an absolute gun- same him play all through high school and made a squillion of runs will little effort in the seniors

duffman...oh yeah;357898 said:
Rightio guys ive been digging and listening to a few sources recently and this is what i can shed light on-
Justin Miller offered 8000 by st.albans, he then spoke to groveday who threw 9000 at him which st.albans then move a round 10,000 and he said "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!" and signed as we all know
Matt Harrison- Moved from Prahran to Geelong CC
Andrew Hodgson- St.Joeys to Geelong
Becker Nuygen- East Belmont to Geelong
Heath Farnsworth- stepped aside at barrabool due to uni commitments
Ben Strachan- From Corio (folded) to Barrabool as coach taking a few players with him... can anyone tell me about Strachan apparently he played at Torquay aswell??
Barrabool also were approached by lasy years Drysdale Coach to take up the position at bool, he wasnt happy that he didnt get his bonus for the B grade winning the premiership he was told "he had no input into it"
Thats all i can remember atm ill keep you posted if i hear anything more!:cool:

Drysdale have approached former BPH president and premiership player Craig Brady to coach for the upcoming season. Due to work committments he will be going there as a technical coach rather than the senior coach

gca_ipl;357855 said:
ok, went to school with Boydie, whom I am pretty sure went to school with the Murnane's for a long time, have not played cricket since Juniors (so would be about 8 plus years) and have a sudden interest to post comments on a cricket website ?? But then specifically just comment on South Barwon people ?? Hmmm.

I don't mind people coming on to comment about things but when there story just does not seem to add up and has many holes in it then all credibility is lost.

I was a year ahead of Boydy at school and did not hang around with him so i have no idea who his mates were at school, i am also pretty sure he was a few years ahead of the Murnanes at school so the way our school worked i would not have been on the same campus as any of them?

I also didn't realise you had to be a current player to comment on this site or to be able to take an interest in Geelong Cricket at all. I still play a bit of indoor cricket, but work does not allow me to play on a Saturday.

I have mentioned 3 SBCC players because they were the names i knew you had and the names i had heard some things about. So i am not sure what holes you are talking about and i don't see why you are so defensive about someone making a comment about a couple of SBCC players?

Rightio guys ive been digging and listening to a few sources recently and this is what i can shed light on-
Justin Miller offered 8000 by st.albans, he then spoke to groveday who threw 9000 at him which st.albans then move a round 10,000 and he said "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!" and signed as we all know

Ahh not quite mate, have another guess:rolleyes:

Speculation is always going to happen, but obviously your uniformed and are just having a guesstimate at what you think he's on. Your not even in the ball park with that.

fourmore;357912 said:
I was a year ahead of Boydy at school and did not hang around with him so i have no idea who his mates were at school, i am also pretty sure he was a few years ahead of the Murnanes at school so the way our school worked i would not have been on the same campus as any of them?

I also didn't realise you had to be a current player to comment on this site or to be able to take an interest in Geelong Cricket at all. I still play a bit of indoor cricket, but work does not allow me to play on a Saturday.

I have mentioned 3 SBCC players because they were the names i knew you had and the names i had heard some things about. So i am not sure what holes you are talking about and i don't see why you are so defensive about someone making a comment about a couple of SBCC players?

no problems posting mate, but when a number of your comments were directed at the character of one Babies Arm's who you have mentioned you did not even know personally and to make statements about his loyalty to a club is not what this site is about. Keep posting relevant pieces of information but don't make comment about things you do not know about. If you had of said Babies Arm's has white line fever, well you would be spot on, but saying he is disloyal to his sporting clubs then it is obvious that you do not know the guy.

Ben Strachan- From Corio (folded) to Barrabool as coach taking a few players with him... can anyone tell me about Strachan apparently he played at Torquay aswell??
Barrabool also were approached by lasy years Drysdale Coach to take up the position at bool, he wasnt happy that he didnt get his bonus for the B grade winning the premiership he was told "he had no input into it"

Corio folded?

duffman...oh yeah;357915 said:
higher larry?

Nah mate, all I can say is we got a guy who almost all of Geelong Cricket wanted, for a good price.

He'll bring a fair bit to our club in terms of; Leadership, experience, cricket knowledge etc.
There would be a lot more higher paid coach's in Geelong than what Millsy is on.

Where do you play Duffman?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;357926 said:
Nah mate, all I can say is we got a guy who almost all of Geelong Cricket wanted, for a good price.

He'll bring a fair bit to our club in terms of; Leadership, experience, cricket knowledge etc.
There would be a lot more higher paid coach's in Geelong than what Millsy is on.

Where do you play Duffman?

Good call mate... This is all old news and time to just get on with the season proper. :D

Did I hear correctly that Grovie threw cash at Bambury as well???

fineleg2fineleg;357931 said:
Did I hear correctly that Grovie threw cash at Bambury as well???

I am not sure if they threw cash at him but believe they approached him to coach. The offer may not have been enough to entice him away from Lara.

gca_ipl;357467 said:
You normally would not see any movement between the two clubs because you are not moving because of the location of the ground !! You either start at one club and stay there, or go to another club, not next door. There are possibly a few exceptions to this rule over time with another possibility this year, but at the moment not South to Marshall.

The great Tim Finnigan started his illustrious cricketing career at the swannie's before heading over to the bear's, surely you couldn't have forgoten that one dazza:D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;357914 said:
Ahh not quite mate, have another guess:rolleyes:

Speculation is always going to happen, but obviously your uniformed and are just having a guesstimate at what you think he's on. Your not even in the ball park with that.

Considering the ceiling payment as authorised by the GCA is about $3,500 unless he is a Level 3 coach or higher; let's assume he is on this:cool:. IPL; you may need to correct my figures; been out of the loop in that regard for a bit.

tim finnigan;357949 said:
The great Tim Finnigan started his illustrious cricketing career at the swannie's before heading over to the bear's, surely you couldn't have forgoten that one dazza:D

ahh yes, remember that. It was one of the most disappointing points of my cricketing career !!

Renny24;357954 said:
Considering the ceiling payment as authorised by the GCA is about $3,500 unless he is a Level 3 coach or higher; let's assume he is on this:cool:. IPL; you may need to correct my figures; been out of the loop in that regard for a bit.

I think a level 1 coach can get up to $4000 and a level 2 coach up to $6000. I do not think there are many level 2 coaches in the GCA.

To those who are after a boom recruit for this upcoming season i have a opportunity for a club looking to take any league by the scruff of the neck.
I have a mate who has been playing in the DDCA he is a a pro from England who has played for England and was picked up by Lecistecher and played county 1st cricket.
He was all good for this upcoming season but the club he was going to have done a backflip and all the other DDCA clubs have a english pro all ready which your only allowed to have one.
He is 26yrs old all rounder who bowls at good speed but is a superstar bat were in 3 years in the DDCA has had 700+, 600+ and a 500+ runs with the bat nad has taken alot of wickets.
His name is Alex Roberts and is trying to secure a place to play, as i am a mate i am trying to help in out.
If anyone wants more info you can email me on baernst35@hotmail.com

Great Sales Technique, Bretts "mate". Not sure the product is as good as the brochure suggests.

brett;357974 said:
To those who are after a boom recruit for this upcoming season i have a opportunity for a club looking to take any league by the scruff of the neck.
I have a mate who has been playing in the DDCA he is a a pro from England who has played for England and was picked up by Lecistecher and played county 1st cricket.
He was all good for this upcoming season but the club he was going to have done a backflip and all the other DDCA clubs have a english pro all ready which your only allowed to have one.
He is 26yrs old all rounder who bowls at good speed but is a superstar bat were in 3 years in the DDCA has had 700+, 600+ and a 500+ runs with the bat nad has taken alot of wickets.
His name is Alex Roberts and is trying to secure a place to play, as i am a mate i am trying to help in out.
If anyone wants more info you can email me on baernst35@hotmail.com

Misread as Andy Roberts, pictured this guy:

052136.jpg

And was sadly disappointed

Back