New Zealand In West Indies 2014

New Zealand looking a bit too good at the moment. If the Windies can get quick wickets early on day three they'll be a chance but their batting isn't too flash at the moment apart from Gayle and Chanderpaul.

Have to say Peter Fulton's career is on life support after his performance in this test so far.
yh hes got one more innings hope he does well.

Edit: Score is 75 for 5.

Mark Craig has the best ever figures for a debutant as a New Zealander!

Peter Fulton's career should have been over five test matches ago..

and so the second test begins new zealand batting first and they are 20/1 rutherford is gone early and jerome taylor struck early goodluck to both the teams may we witness great cricket in the next 4 days.

If only Papps had been taken on this tour instead of Fulton.

What is everyone's obsession with Michael Papps? Shouldn't we be building for the future not getting a possible short-term fix like we did with Fulton?

We may as well ask Skippy Sinclair out of retirement and give him another shot if you are going for experience and a brilliant first-class record alone..

If you are implying that you don't believe Rutherford is good enough to be our other opener then I'd be inclined to agree however.

I'd prefer they got someone like Jeet Ravel, Michael Bracewell or one of the Cachopa brothers... But to add a little more experience, I'd probably give Guptill one last try when he finds some form.

Back