New Zealand In West Indies 2014

What is everyone's obsession with Michael Papps? Shouldn't we be building for the future not getting a possible short-term fix like we did with Fulton?

We may as well ask Skippy Sinclair out of retirement and give him another shot if you are going for experience and a brilliant first-class record alone..
Because Papps never got a decent shot and they are obviously looking for experience in one of the opening spots in the short term, he's in great form and has been for a couple of years. Age didn't stop Oz from recalling Chris Rogers.

Ideally Guptill would be so locked in he would be opening for life but for some reason he just goes too straight at the ball. Would love to see him succeed at test level as the talent is obviously there.

Jeet Ravel should definitely be ahead of Fulton, I agree that he is worth a shot.

Michael Bracewell has potential but it is way too soon.

The Cachopa brothers? That's a bit of stretch, you're nearing Ingram territory.

Ideally Guptill would be so locked in he would be opening for life but for some reason he just goes too straight at the ball. Would love to see him succeed at test level as the talent is obviously there.

Same here. He goes too hard at the ball as well but if he can fix those little things then I'm sure he can do the job. He wants the opening role or at least did last season so that's good anyway.

The Cachopa brothers? That's a bit of stretch, you're nearing Ingram territory.

Well I must admit, I haven't seen a lot of them play but Craig and Carl Cachopa have pretty decent first-class stats so far. Carl Cachopa comes in at three for CD and Craig mostly bats in the middle to top order for Auckland so yeah...a bit of stretch as you say..

Impressive by the indies bravo in particular good to see him getting runs and shiv chanderpaul's batting u never know what will happen when that lad's batting :p

I'm guessing someone misread the pitch (now Sodhi and Craig will bowl us to victory on the last day).

Haha. To be fair; the pitch is offering some turn and bounce for the spinners it's just Sodhi bowls more pies than Piri Weepu's pie shop and Craig is still finding is game at this level. Craig actually reminds me of Bruce Martin ie. bowls a few rippers but is very loose and expensive at the same time.

Good day for the indies scoring 460 in the first innings and the kiwi boys certainly replied they are on 73/1 williamson and latham holding on today will be a crucial day tbh.

Well it looks like it's going to be 1-1 going into the last Test, despite fight from BJ as always and Craig showing some ability with the bat.

It'd be nice if they could some how manage to get a lead of a hundred...just to make things interesting on the last day.

Back