NMCA 2019/2020

What this does highlight, is that my mail of that your pathetic excuse for a club did in fact sook up and jump up and down due to not being allowed in when Rosebank did. So for you to think that I am the man you say I am then I must be pretty bang on....

Hahaha now that's laughable......
I'm not sure who you reckon I think you're.

What this does highlight, is that my mail of that your pathetic excuse for a club did in fact sook up and up and down due to not being allowed in when Rosebank did. So for you to think that I am the man you say I am then I must be pretty bang on....
Could someone of official status confirm that Rosebank have not been accepted into DVCA.
The DVCA constitution states that clubs must be based in the municipalities of Nillimbuk, Banyule or Whittlesea.
So Rosebank would be ineligible unless it moved away from Cotchin Reserve. I would be staggered if they chose that option.

Hypothetical Q;
If we are to start our season first week of Nov and end the home & away season last week of Feb, that would give us 17 weekends to form a season (accounting for the Xmas break).

For the shield grades, would you guys prefer to keep the season ‘level’ and have everyone play each other once in a 2 dayer (or play each twice in one dayers for that matter) giving us 3 weekends off? Or play every weekend possible and have the opponents for the ‘extra’ games fixtured at random?

Hypothetical Q;
If we are to start our season first week of Nov and end the home & away season last week of Feb, that would give us 17 weekends to form a season (accounting for the Xmas break).

For the shield grades, would you guys prefer to keep the season ‘level’ and have everyone play each other once in a 2 dayer (or play each twice in one dayers for that matter) giving us 3 weekends off? Or play every weekend possible and have the opponents for the ‘extra’ games fixtured at random?
It won’t matter because Rivergum will win it. No one is capable of beating them in finals.

Hypothetical Q;

It's an interesting one , something I haven't given a lot of thought to at this stage ( too busy bashing trolls).
I think the season is bound to be effected that's for sure as for season start dates it's all still very much up in the air.
I think the random fixturing is more likely to cause angst so for me I'd be leaning towards either 7 two dayers or 14 one dayers

dont see why season shouldn't start 1st weekend in October its not like we can go and watch afl anyway and as for local football thats there bad luck so they can finish in late September if it starts at all..

It’s interesting given that scenario I think 7 two dayers is the way to go for me it gives more credibility to the season and if the first week is washed out we can play a one dayer meaning we are less chance to lose more cricket
Two dayers are my preference as well, but is this season the right time to trial a one day only season for the grades outside the top 3 shields? Might be a good opportunity to attract new players or entice those recently retired to come back, especially with footy season to be much shorter than usual. We know the concept of fielding all day doesn’t appeal to many.
Might be a good chance for the league to make a proactive change after a continuous trend over many years of declining numbers.

Two dayers are my preference as well, but is this season the right time to trial a one day only season for the grades outside the top 3 shields? Might be a good opportunity to attract new players or entice those recently retired to come back, especially with footy season to be much shorter than usual. We know the concept of fielding all day doesn’t appeal to many.
Might be a good chance for the league to make a proactive change after a continuous trend over many years of declining numbers.

What’s the benefit of a one day competition?

IMO, Less opporunity with shorter overs and ultimately kids coming through the lower grades should be experiencing two day cricket with the view of playing at a higher level at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the benefit of a one day competition?

IMO, Less opporunity with shorter overs and ultimately kids coming through the lower grades should be experiencing two day cricket with the view of playing at a higher level at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You make a valid point.
I suppose the benefit would be attracting players that you wouldn’t with 2 day fixtures, no idea if there would be enough of an increase in numbers to justify it - but with the potentially shorter season thought it may be a good time to give it a go.
Bit of a bandaid measure but would give clubs the chance to invite newbies into their environment, and hopefully retain them moving forward.

What about playing primarily two days with maybe 3 Saturday/Sunday weekends for the top grades playing one dayers I know player availability is an issue with these and a fair draw is also comprised here but the way I see it the more cricket the better

Back