NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

northmetroboy;319572 said:
You have got to be joking, one was pro camrea and the other was a puppet for Rosebank yes Rick no Rick,
The comp was a rabble with these guys running it.

i'd take a guess and say bombers-11 is from camrea or rosebank?

Correct. Lever had no idea what he was doing and had no accountability. He made unilateral decisions without consulting and was known to have lied on several occasions.
Deighton was the same. He was a pathological liar who tried to run a one man show and was found wanting when questioned about many things. The comp is so much of a better state now that it aint funny. We are progressive, well run and trying to forge a new identity away from the days when dick heads like those two had a say in how things were done. They are not missed. We may be able to do better and get better people to do it, but we are in far better circumstances now than ever before.

northmetroboy;319572 said:
You have got to be joking, one was pro camrea and the other was a puppet for Rosebank yes Rick no Rick,
The comp was a rabble with these guys running it.

i'd take a guess and say bombers-11 is from camrea or rosebank?

Correct. Lever had no idea what he was doing and had no accountability. He made unilateral decisions without consulting and was known to have lied on several occasions.
Deighton was the same. He was a pathological liar who tried to run a one man show and was found wanting when questioned about many things. The comp is so much of a better state now that it aint funny. We are progressive, well run and trying to forge a new identity away from the days when dick heads like those two had a say in how things were done. They are not missed. We may be able to do better and get better people to do it, but we are in far better circumstances now than ever before.

sidney;319518 said:
A bit predantic, but are you putting your hand up next year

Unless you live in the AMAZON our life is governed by rules & regulations. Thats life. You call it Pedantic but the fact remains. Wake up and deal with. And no, I am not putting up my hand to run the comp, people choose to do that. Just because the position is in a voluntary capacity should not mean that is OK to accept sub standard decisions. If you take on a job you should do the job properly irrespective whether it is voluntary or paid.

sidney;319518 said:
A bit predantic, but are you putting your hand up next year

Unless you live in the AMAZON our life is governed by rules & regulations. Thats life. You call it Pedantic but the fact remains. Wake up and deal with. And no, I am not putting up my hand to run the comp, people choose to do that. Just because the position is in a voluntary capacity should not mean that is OK to accept sub standard decisions. If you take on a job you should do the job properly irrespective whether it is voluntary or paid.

canplay1;319584 said:

Well said old boy, but i still think they did nothing wrong or outside the
current rules, but each to his own opinion.

canplay1;319584 said:

Well said old boy, but i still think they did nothing wrong or outside the
current rules, but each to his own opinion.

accordingly to the long range weather forecast, its guuna be too hot to play cricket until June and with global warming maybe we have played our last game ever. So to all those who winged it was too hot to play yesterday, what are you gunna do with ya summers now?????????????????????????????

accordingly to the long range weather forecast, its guuna be too hot to play cricket until June and with global warming maybe we have played our last game ever. So to all those who winged it was too hot to play yesterday, what are you gunna do with ya summers now?????????????????????????????

leonard cohen;318922 said:
If people are concerned about this decison costing them a finals spot or being relegated then perhaps their clubs should have won more games earlier in the year to avoid that problem . Its just a cop out to say that todays decison is gonna cost a team a finals spot. If you look at the results from this called off round there were only 5 games in the comp that have had a result so in real terms everything is the same as before this round.People bitching about this decision only have self intrest in it . Im sure if someone from their club collapsed or became severly ill due to the heat and they were made to play the board would be copping it anyway. They have made the right decision and people should look at the bigger picture rather than just bitching because of self intrest......Leonard
I'll second that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the time I felt they made the correct decision.

leonard cohen;318922 said:
If people are concerned about this decison costing them a finals spot or being relegated then perhaps their clubs should have won more games earlier in the year to avoid that problem . Its just a cop out to say that todays decison is gonna cost a team a finals spot. If you look at the results from this called off round there were only 5 games in the comp that have had a result so in real terms everything is the same as before this round.People bitching about this decision only have self intrest in it . Im sure if someone from their club collapsed or became severly ill due to the heat and they were made to play the board would be copping it anyway. They have made the right decision and people should look at the bigger picture rather than just bitching because of self intrest......Leonard
I'll second that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the time I felt they made the correct decision.

I love your passion but don't let it get in the way of the facts. The Association rules were honoured 100%. Check them out. Do some homework before you slag off behind your pitiful anonymity. The only person on this forum who has a shred of integrity is Parksy. Don't waste your opportunities for ideas and constructive criticism - say who you are - sign your name - put up or shut up.
Bill Anderson

I love your passion but don't let it get in the way of the facts. The Association rules were honoured 100%. Check them out. Do some homework before you slag off behind your pitiful anonymity. The only person on this forum who has a shred of integrity is Parksy. Don't waste your opportunities for ideas and constructive criticism - say who you are - sign your name - put up or shut up.
Bill Anderson

Bartos;319680 said:
You are just happy it got called off so you and your husband could get ready early for todays parade

Bartos;319680 said:
You are just happy it got called off so you and your husband could get ready early for todays parade

voiceofreason;319691 said:
Bill Anderson

VOR. If you are who you claim to be, you should be disappointed with your inability to process a situation adequately. Because you come on this forum and claim who you are doesnt heighten the strenght of your decision. Although your best intentions were in place on yesterdays decision, you know that you have failed your board and clubs that remunerate you. Simply come out and say that you have erred in your judgement and you may actually gain some sort of credibility. I have read the rules and you have not applied them correctly even the you claim you have. They are in black & white for all to see without any grey area. At the end of the day you have failed and by coming on this forum trying to justify yourself clearly proves that.

voiceofreason;319691 said:
Bill Anderson

VOR. If you are who you claim to be, you should be disappointed with your inability to process a situation adequately. Because you come on this forum and claim who you are doesnt heighten the strenght of your decision. Although your best intentions were in place on yesterdays decision, you know that you have failed your board and clubs that remunerate you. Simply come out and say that you have erred in your judgement and you may actually gain some sort of credibility. I have read the rules and you have not applied them correctly even the you claim you have. They are in black & white for all to see without any grey area. At the end of the day you have failed and by coming on this forum trying to justify yourself clearly proves that.

inspiration.666;319753 said:

A little bit of a contradiction here, we're asking them to justify there decision so Bill registers to use this forum and you still question him. I will once again say I am disappointed with the decision and think we took the soft option - my opinion. Haven't we been asking for justification, right or wrong Bill has shown the courage to come on and reply. Let's not get caught up in cheap shots and forget what we asked for, an explanation.

By the way sidney, you still haven't answered who you are and yes I did sneak out for a while when I was meant to be at Bunnings.

inspiration.666;319753 said:

A little bit of a contradiction here, we're asking them to justify there decision so Bill registers to use this forum and you still question him. I will once again say I am disappointed with the decision and think we took the soft option - my opinion. Haven't we been asking for justification, right or wrong Bill has shown the courage to come on and reply. Let's not get caught up in cheap shots and forget what we asked for, an explanation.

By the way sidney, you still haven't answered who you are and yes I did sneak out for a while when I was meant to be at Bunnings.

I would also like to take the opportunity to clarify my disappointment is only in the decision made and process to get there, not the people involved. Managing a competition this size and not upsetting people would be nearly impossible hence sticking to regulations as strigently as possible would be the ideal. Considering everyone agrees our extreme days seem to be more on a regular basis perhaps the club Presidents or Delegates can vote to take the ambiguity out of the rule. DVCA use the rule where once the temperature hits 38 they call the day off, we have a provision in our rules to monitor and suspend for up to one hour and call it off if it rises or stays. Perhaps we just put one of these in black and white and apply the same rules as we would for the wet weather if they are applied.

So to Bill Anderson, Peter Karvellis, Neil Riley, Glen Jenkins and Gabe Sorrentino nothing personal just expressing my opinion.

By the way Gabe it is forecast for 32 with high humidity next week will you be right to play?;)

I would also like to take the opportunity to clarify my disappointment is only in the decision made and process to get there, not the people involved. Managing a competition this size and not upsetting people would be nearly impossible hence sticking to regulations as strigently as possible would be the ideal. Considering everyone agrees our extreme days seem to be more on a regular basis perhaps the club Presidents or Delegates can vote to take the ambiguity out of the rule. DVCA use the rule where once the temperature hits 38 they call the day off, we have a provision in our rules to monitor and suspend for up to one hour and call it off if it rises or stays. Perhaps we just put one of these in black and white and apply the same rules as we would for the wet weather if they are applied.

So to Bill Anderson, Peter Karvellis, Neil Riley, Glen Jenkins and Gabe Sorrentino nothing personal just expressing my opinion.

By the way Gabe it is forecast for 32 with high humidity next week will you be right to play?;)

[I]4.13.1 Extreme Weather:

If on the day before scheduled play, the forecast temperature by the bureau of meteorology is 38 degrees Celsius or above, the General Manager and Senior Sub-Committee shall meet/discuss on the morning of the scheduled days play, the merits of playing or abandoning senior matches for the day.

Such factors as relative humidity, pollution levels, wind, expected change in weather during the course of the days play and ground conditions shall be taken into account when determining the safety of association players, umpires, scorers, officials and spectators.

Advice may also be sought from third parties in making this decision.

A decision must be made by 10.30 a.m. and shall be conveyed to all clubs by Noon ONLY if the decision is to abandon the days play. If the decision is to abandon play, this means all matches shall be abandoned.
[/I]

That's the rule. The suspend play over 38 policy is a back up in case the weather sneaks up on us. It would be helpful if the gutless "in hindsight" on-line experts examined the rules in the NMCA forums that are provided - but that would mean showing your face.
Bad outcome? Yes. Breach of rules and protocol? No.
Anybody want to chat with your real name? Come on INSPIRE me.

If on the day before scheduled play, the forecast temperature by the bureau of meteorology is 38 degrees Celsius or above, the General Manager and Senior Sub-Committee shall meet/discuss on the morning of the scheduled days play, the merits of playing or abandoning senior matches for the day.

Such factors as relative humidity, pollution levels, wind, expected change in weather during the course of the days play and ground conditions shall be taken into account when determining the safety of association players, umpires, scorers, officials and spectators.

A decision must be made by 10.30 a.m. and shall be conveyed to all clubs by Noon ONLY if the decision is to abandon the days play. If the decision is to abandon play, this means all matches shall be abandoned.
[/I]

That's the rule. The suspend play over 38 policy is a back up in case the weather sneaks up on us. It would be helpful if the gutless "in hindsight" on-line experts examined the rules in the NMCA forums that are provided - but that would mean showing your face.

canplay1;319503 said:
Hey sidney, I think you need to read the rules. The official forecast was 37c on friday night and saturday morning, not 38c, therefore protocol was not followed. The match commitee worked outside the rules, simple as that. Rules are there to be followed and not manipulated by Anderson or anyone else for that matter. We all need to realise how appalling the decision was to call off yesterday. Any future decisions made by the current match committee will not be taken seriously and all clubs will have the right to make a challenge.
The situation is very simple. Rules are put in place and the competition simply need to follow them and not alter them as Anderson & Co have done on a regular basis. A vote of no confidence is needed to try and restore any credibilty to the matcc committee.

Official forecast for our closest station Viewbank (agreed by the Board as our checkpoint) was 39. Interested to be reliably informed on other rules/policy that has been "altered". Well?............

canplay1;319503 said:
Hey sidney, I think you need to read the rules. The official forecast was 37c on friday night and saturday morning, not 38c, therefore protocol was not followed. The match commitee worked outside the rules, simple as that. Rules are there to be followed and not manipulated by Anderson or anyone else for that matter. We all need to realise how appalling the decision was to call off yesterday. Any future decisions made by the current match committee will not be taken seriously and all clubs will have the right to make a challenge.
The situation is very simple. Rules are put in place and the competition simply need to follow them and not alter them as Anderson & Co have done on a regular basis. A vote of no confidence is needed to try and restore any credibilty to the matcc committee.

Official forecast for our closest station Viewbank (agreed by the Board as our checkpoint) was 39. Interested to be reliably informed on other rules/policy that has been "altered". Well?............

voiceofreason;319832 said:

cmon canplay1, are you up to it??? its time to see if you can play!!!

you say he alters the rules on a regular basis......tell him which ones, let us all know too....

cmon canplay1, are you up to it??? its time to see if you can play!!!

you say he alters the rules on a regular basis......tell him which ones, let us all know too....

I am scouring through the rules Mr anderson and i cannot see anywhere where it states that Viewbank is the deemed barometer for NMCA. As usual you make the rules to accomodate the argument of the day. Stick to applying the rules and you cant go wrong. If you had any credibility it is well and truly gone posting on this site. Why dont you go on your official NMCA site so we actually know that it really is you. You are a puppet to Camrea, Rosebank & Nunited and continue to let down all the other struggling clubs working there backsides off who are happy just to be competetive.

I am scouring through the rules Mr anderson and i cannot see anywhere where it states that Viewbank is the deemed barometer for NMCA. As usual you make the rules to accomodate the argument of the day. Stick to applying the rules and you cant go wrong. If you had any credibility it is well and truly gone posting on this site. Why dont you go on your official NMCA site so we actually know that it really is you. You are a puppet to Camrea, Rosebank & Nunited and continue to let down all the other struggling clubs working there backsides off who are happy just to be competetive.

bombers-11;319881 said:

where is the evidence of this??? he's asked for it, no point just stating it...prove it.....as usual..what??? when as usual???
wouldnt it make sense that the barometer be the closest to the area?? are you that silly you cant see that??

**making rules to suit themselves was a CLASSIC TRADEMARK of your preferred administrators in Deighton and Lever...everyone knows that

bombers-11;319881 said:

where is the evidence of this??? he's asked for it, no point just stating it...prove it.....as usual..what??? when as usual???
wouldnt it make sense that the barometer be the closest to the area?? are you that silly you cant see that??

**making rules to suit themselves was a CLASSIC TRADEMARK of your preferred administrators in Deighton and Lever...everyone knows that

bombers-11;319881 said:

ive been involved with coaching juniors in the nmca/jika comp for the best part of ten years , when friday nights are looking like being to hot we've always (to my knowledge) taken the temp from viewbank. one would assume that the senior comp would go by the viewbank temp aswell maybe?

bombers-11;319881 said:

ive been involved with coaching juniors in the nmca/jika comp for the best part of ten years , when friday nights are looking like being to hot we've always (to my knowledge) taken the temp from viewbank. one would assume that the senior comp would go by the viewbank temp aswell maybe?

voiceofreason;319818 said:

[/I]

and i quote " such factors as relative humidity pollution levels , wind and the best part EXPECTED CHANGES IN WEATHER DURING THE COURSE OF THE DAYS PLAY " you were called out on the radio show by rick morris asking if you had taken into consideration the expected cool change and you fumbled around the issue . at 10 o clock the amended forcast from the bereau was for 32 degrees but that was on a commercial radio station not the hick stations that you muppets listen to . dont quote the rules to me bill ( if thats who u are ) i know them inside and out > read the mcc laws of the game it states the law and then has anywhere up to 15 sub clauses the senior jika by laws 2008- 2009 says nothing about the forecast being taken from viewbank ( by the way i would get a melways if i were you viewbank weather would have more of an impact on dvca than nmca ) our simply says if the forecast is for 38 deg or above show were it says that it is taken from different points . i will gladly put my hand up to run this comp the problem is most of you dont want to be told the truth . just keep sucking up boys im sure come finals this administration will look after those of you who support them . by the way VOC what is the general manager of nmca doing on a bogus web site trying to justify stuffing up > IF U HAD ANY GUTS YOU WOULD GET ON THE RADIO SHOW SAT MORN FIELD A FEW QUESTIONS AND GIVE SOME STRAIT FORWARD ANSWERS . THE RULES ARE BLACK AND WHITE " THE ONLY GREY AREA IS THE EXECUTIVE RUNNING IT " DO HDCA HAVE ANY GOOD ADMINISTRATORS CAUSE GOD KNOWS WE NEED SOME IN NMCA . ONE LAST THING VOC IF YOU REALLY WANT TO I WILL GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH YOU AND ANYONE FROM THE EXECUTIVE AND EXPOSE YOU FOR ALL THE OTHER INCOMPOTENCE YOU HAVE SHOWN THIS YEAR . " NOW HAVE YOU GOT THE GUTS ?

[/I]

and i quote " such factors as relative humidity pollution levels , wind and the best part EXPECTED CHANGES IN WEATHER DURING THE COURSE OF THE DAYS PLAY " you were called out on the radio show by rick morris asking if you had taken into consideration the expected cool change and you fumbled around the issue . at 10 o clock the amended forcast from the bereau was for 32 degrees but that was on a commercial radio station not the hick stations that you muppets listen to . dont quote the rules to me bill ( if thats who u are ) i know them inside and out > read the mcc laws of the game it states the law and then has anywhere up to 15 sub clauses the senior jika by laws 2008- 2009 says nothing about the forecast being taken from viewbank ( by the way i would get a melways if i were you viewbank weather would have more of an impact on dvca than nmca ) our simply says if the forecast is for 38 deg or above show were it says that it is taken from different points . i will gladly put my hand up to run this comp the problem is most of you dont want to be told the truth . just keep sucking up boys im sure come finals this administration will look after those of you who support them . by the way VOC what is the general manager of nmca doing on a bogus web site trying to justify stuffing up > IF U HAD ANY GUTS YOU WOULD GET ON THE RADIO SHOW SAT MORN FIELD A FEW QUESTIONS AND GIVE SOME STRAIT FORWARD ANSWERS . THE RULES ARE BLACK AND WHITE " THE ONLY GREY AREA IS THE EXECUTIVE RUNNING IT " DO HDCA HAVE ANY GOOD ADMINISTRATORS CAUSE GOD KNOWS WE NEED SOME IN NMCA . ONE LAST THING VOC IF YOU REALLY WANT TO I WILL GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH YOU AND ANYONE FROM THE EXECUTIVE AND EXPOSE YOU FOR ALL THE OTHER INCOMPOTENCE YOU HAVE SHOWN THIS YEAR . " NOW HAVE YOU GOT THE GUTS ?

[/I]

Pretty sure my name is on my profile...

And Bill? if that is you.

2 things.
1) There was a bit of umming and arring when you were asked about the cool change by Rick, so I'm not overly convinced that it was actually considered.

2) The decision I think was a bit rushed (made before 9 when you had until 10:30), especially if it was the cooler of the 4 days recorded. And also because if you checked a secondary source (Always a good idea) you may've seen what I did, a forecast of 36.

You are right though. Not 'technically' a breach of protocol, but a horrid decision none the less.

On a side note, I'd put my hand up to run the association, but I'm pretty sure a 17 year old isn't exactly what NMCA needs or wants...

[/I]

2 things.
1) There was a bit of umming and arring when you were asked about the cool change by Rick, so I'm not overly convinced that it was actually considered.

2) The decision I think was a bit rushed (made before 9 when you had until 10:30), especially if it was the cooler of the 4 days recorded. And also because if you checked a secondary source (Always a good idea) you may've seen what I did, a forecast of 36.

You are right though. Not 'technically' a breach of protocol, but a horrid decision none the less.

On a side note, I'd put my hand up to run the association, but I'm pretty sure a 17 year old isn't exactly what NMCA needs or wants...

Easty91;319918 said:

2 things.

Not necessarily Easty - cricket can always benefit from a range of views, youth included.

Easty91;319918 said:

2 things.

Not necessarily Easty - cricket can always benefit from a range of views, youth included.

Settle down 8 ball. We are always open for a chat, public or otherwise. i have a personal preference for people not phantoms and in that regard you are quite right in your condemnation of me being on this forum. nevertheless make yourself known, make a list of issues, give me a call and we'll take it from there.
cheerio BA

Settle down 8 ball. We are always open for a chat, public or otherwise. i have a personal preference for people not phantoms and in that regard you are quite right in your condemnation of me being on this forum. nevertheless make yourself known, make a list of issues, give me a call and we'll take it from there.
cheerio BA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back