North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Did Altona Roosters choke it up on Sat? 4-197 chasing 240 with plenty of overs left against Aber Park and theyve been rolled 5 short. Shows the strength of Aber Park I think for them to fight through and win even if they do rely on Albers and Pascu so much. Even Leo chipped in for a few wickets?[/QUOTE]

Fair effort i would have thought considering our ladder standings first team to take them to the wire. The collapse wasnt pretty, ow well always next year something to take with us though not that far of the better sides. weve had a few close losses this season w'll be alright.Thanks.
Tippen AP to take out the big one well rounded side. Gd blokes as well.

Kingy Baps vs Aberfeldie looks pretty well poised heading into day 2. Still anyone's game.

St Andrews and Roosters in with a real show of a couple of big upsets i noticed. Will St Andrews have the ability to squeeze another 50-odd runs out of their last 5 bats? It would be the upset of the season if they got up, and even if Aber Park managed to win, they have again made very hard work of it!

And having been in a similar situation last match, can Roosters get over the line up at Jacana? Will be very interesting first hour or so at those 2 games.

Still a fair chance of outright results in those two games with a lot of wickets falling on the first day.

BigCoq;386949 said:
Fair effort i would have thought considering our ladder standings first team to take them to the wire. The collapse wasnt pretty, ow well always next year something to take with us though not that far of the better sides. weve had a few close losses this season w'll be alright.Thanks.

1st team to take them to the wire ? Aberfeldie has been the only team to beat them so far this year so that comment is off the mark :eek:

CheeQuee;387604 said:
Kingy Baps vs Aberfeldie looks pretty well poised heading into day 2. Still anyone's game.

St Andrews and Roosters in with a real show of a couple of big upsets i noticed. Will St Andrews have the ability to squeeze another 50-odd runs out of their last 5 bats? It would be the upset of the season if they got up, and even if Aber Park managed to win, they have again made very hard work of it!

And having been in a similar situation last match, can Roosters get over the line up at Jacana? Will be very interesting first hour or so at those 2 games.

Still a fair chance of outright results in those two games with a lot of wickets falling on the first day.

source tells me you got a few wickets on Sat CheeQuee against the Abers boys, from what I've been told they were filthy getting out to you

BigCoq;386949 said:
Did Altona Roosters choke it up on Sat? 4-197 chasing 240 with plenty of overs left against Aber Park and theyve been rolled 5 short. Shows the strength of Aber Park I think for them to fight through and win even if they do rely on Albers and Pascu so much. Even Leo chipped in for a few wickets?

Tippen AP to take out the big one well rounded side. Gd blokes as well.[/QUOTE]

Not only did Aberfeldie beat them but Seabrook took them to the wire the week before your boys played them. A/Park wobbling a little perhaps?

He who knows best;387608 said:
source tells me you got a few wickets on Sat CheeQuee against the Abers boys, from what I've been told they were filthy getting out to you

They would've been filthy to be dismissed by me mate, seeing as I'm a full time spectator these days! I didn't actually get to see any cricket on the weekend as i spent the day at Caulfield with a few lads cheering on the Typhoon.

CheeQuee;387014 said:

Not only did Aberfeldie beat them but Seabrook took them to the wire the week before your boys played them. A/Park wobbling a little perhaps?[/QUOTE]

fair enough boys got that wrong still think AP best team in the comp abers second best. Seabrook one dayer not the same realy is it?

Good to see our boys taking it up to the top teams and not rolling over on their season.
Showing a bit of character bit of ticker.

Bring on ther cricket trip lol.

BigCoq;387019 said:
Not only did Aberfeldie beat them but Seabrook took them to the wire the week before your boys played them. A/Park wobbling a little perhaps?

fair enough boys got that wrong still think AP best team in the comp abers second best. Seabrook one dayer not the same realy is it?[/QUOTE]

I agree that A/Park are the stand out side in the division at this stage, but they are by no means invincible.
They say that good sides find ways to win and that is true to an extent but unconvincing wins against non-finals bound sides can sow seeds of doubt.

I'm not totally sold on Abers yet, i tend to think that Jacana are the 2nd favourites at the moment. say what you want about their deck and their batting line-up, they still know how to win games.

They played in a GF two seasons ago and would be really disappointed with how last season panned out, compared with Abers who haven't played finals for a long while.

Also, BCoq. I recall you talking up a 40-run loss by Roosters against A/park recently in a one-dayer saying it was a good effort, playing away, against top team etc.... Surely the Seabrook game can't be dismissed so lightly by yourself, or has your view changed over the last few weeks?

BigCoq;387639 said:
Good to see our boys taking it up to the top teams and not rolling over on their season.
Showing a bit of character bit of ticker.

Bring on ther cricket trip lol.

Where's the Roosters trip off to BC?

CheeQuee;387031 said:
fair enough boys got that wrong still think AP best team in the comp abers second best. Seabrook one dayer not the same realy is it?

I agree that A/Park are the stand out side in the division at this stage, but they are by no means invincible.
They say that good sides find ways to win and that is true to an extent but unconvincing wins against non-finals bound sides can sow seeds of doubt.

I'm not totally sold on Abers yet, i tend to think that Jacana are the 2nd favourites at the moment. say what you want about their deck and their batting line-up, they still know how to win games.

They played in a GF two seasons ago and would be really disappointed with how last season panned out, compared with Abers who haven't played finals for a long while.

Also, BCoq. I recall you talking up a 40-run loss by Roosters against A/park recently in a one-dayer saying it was a good effort, playing away, against top team etc.... Surely the Seabrook game can't be dismissed so lightly by yourself, or has your view changed over the last few weeks?[/QUOTE]

At the time i thought it was half decent due to the fact we lost our two imports and opening bat (injured)....But this was much better due to the fact it was 240 runs and using some new blokes in new posis to do the job developing a little bit of depth. All about context i suppose Cheeky.
I suppose its a bit like footy a good settled side has a much better chance at success than a side that continually changes stability is gold.

Roosters cricket trip going to be a massive one at the gold coast bang a Ranga 10/11 go us roosters !!!!!!!

some thoughts on the lineups in the Nth B finals race

took the figures from the Association stats page -

AP have Pascu 201 overs and Albers 175 overs for 38 and 36 wickets each, next is Italiano with 52 overs only. What happens if one is injured in the next few weeks etc. Mammoth reliance on 2 blokes and Albers isn't young

Aberfeldie seem to spread the load with Leece (21 w) Cahir (21 w) and Shannahan (16 w) all up there in the bowling stocks with some smaller parts played by around 4 others who it appears have got bags of 4 or 5 wickets each based on the statistics

Where things go Aber Park's way is the batting, they have 4 guys who have made 250 runs plus while Abers only have 2 that have made more than 170 runs

Jacana's figures are interesting as well - 3 bats who have made 250 runs plus but then only one other having made 100 runs or more (129) with every other player having made less than 60 runs in total, their bowling shows up ok but do you take it with a grain of salt with the deck they've been able to bowl on regularly compared to the other teams ? Bennet the standout with 28 wickets, the Siriwardand 21w and Groves 18w but when a wicket contributes outright results regularly I wouldn't be holding their bowling figures up on too high a pedastal

Kingsville - 4 bats with more than 250 runs then they drop off but nowhere near as bad as Jacana, their bowling is like Abers with 3 steady bowlers Kwaja, Semeridies, Saleem (21, 17 and 17 wickets) and some others contibuting along the way

So in overview it's 2 seemingly even teams (Abers and KP) taking on 2 teams who rely heavily on their stars to get them across the line

Aber Park can't be put off 1st place so they're locked in

Jacana play Altona back at their home ground (looks like they're allowed to play there again ??) so you would think they'll win and an outright could be on the cards....which should see them get enough points to stay 2nd seeing they're 8 clear of 3rd now

With KP and Abers playing this weekend for 3rd spot (Abers currently less than 2 pts ahead of KP)

Interesting to see which teams want to play where

Would you want to finish 4th and play AP on a decent wicket (note Abers beat them there earlier in the year) or would you want to finish 3rd and play Jacana on a deck which in reality could go down to who wins the toss and bowls first

great to see some different scenarios all coming into being

He who knows best;387046 said:
some thoughts on the lineups in the Nth B finals race

took the figures from the Association stats page -

AP have Pascu 201 overs and Albers 175 overs for 38 and 36 wickets each, next is Italiano with 52 overs only. What happens if one is injured in the next few weeks etc. Mammoth reliance on 2 blokes and Albers isn't young

Aberfeldie seem to spread the load with Leece (21 w) Cahir (21 w) and Shannahan (16 w) all up there in the bowling stocks with some smaller parts played by around 4 others who it appears have got bags of 4 or 5 wickets each based on the statistics

Where things go Aber Park's way is the batting, they have 4 guys who have made 250 runs plus while Abers only have 2 that have made more than 170 runs

Jacana's figures are interesting as well - 3 bats who have made 250 runs plus but then only one other having made 100 runs or more (129) with every other player having made less than 60 runs in total, their bowling shows up ok but do you take it with a grain of salt with the deck they've been able to bowl on regularly compared to the other teams ? Bennet the standout with 28 wickets, the Siriwardand 21w and Groves 18w but when a wicket contributes outright results regularly I wouldn't be holding their bowling figures up on too high a pedastal

Kingsville - 4 bats with more than 250 runs then they drop off but nowhere near as bad as Jacana, their bowling is like Abers with 3 steady bowlers Kwaja, Semeridies, Saleem (21, 17 and 17 wickets) and some others contibuting along the way

So in overview it's 2 seemingly even teams (Abers and KP) taking on 2 teams who rely heavily on their stars to get them across the line

Aber Park can't be put off 1st place so they're locked in

Jacana play Altona back at their home ground (looks like they're allowed to play there again ??) so you would think they'll win and an outright could be on the cards....which should see them get enough points to stay 2nd seeing they're 8 clear of 3rd now

With KP and Abers playing this weekend for 3rd spot (Abers currently less than 2 pts ahead of KP)

Interesting to see which teams want to play where

Would you want to finish 4th and play AP on a decent wicket (note Abers beat them there earlier in the year) or would you want to finish 3rd and play Jacana on a deck which in reality could go down to who wins the toss and bowls first

great to see some different scenarios all coming into being

Great run-down HWKB.

I think Kingy Baps would prefer to play Jacana at Jacana in the semi-final then try and out-bowl them in a low scoring game. Although they've had major problems with their wicket this season, it's also a big ground and often lush which makes run scoring difficult. If they managed to restrict Siriwardana to a low score then they'd be right in the ball game.

I couldn't see Kingy beating Aber Park.

And I reckon Aberfeldie wouldn't really mind who they played in the semi, although playing on Aber Park's ground probably suits them more. On the flip side if they met Aber Park in the GF being the only team to previously knock them off that would give them real self-belief.

Massive game between Abers & KB this Round.

Jacana aren't safe & sound in 2nd yet either, although I'd back them to beat Roosters this round I don't think it will be an outright result.

Your thoughts HWKB?

2time;387708 said:
Does anyone have any info on the W/C v M/V game on the weekend?

Spoke to the umpire, and apprently the wc curator was informed to leave the covers off, and instead left them on... Trying to spice up a top game there..

cutoverslips46;386261 said:
Hey Valley Man

What happened to David Roach? Hasn't played since Xmas, Is he injured or has he left the club(if so what happened, can't imagine it would've been on good terms)? From the results since he left looks like he's left a big hole in that team.

They have not lost a game since xmas i think...I'll stand to be corrected though.. And since his barnstorming 160 odd in the first game he made about 40 odd runs in six games..
Quality bat but looking at statistics one can hardly say he has left a "big hole"!!!

2time;387708 said:
Does anyone have any info on the W/C v M/V game on the weekend?

strange.. why would they be told to leave them off and not other clubs.. maybe they didnt get down on thursday night .

might hurt them 2nd 4th and 5th all doing well in there games.:cool:

CheeQuee;387055 said:
Great run-down HWKB.

I think Kingy Baps would prefer to play Jacana at Jacana in the semi-final then try and out-bowl them in a low scoring game. Although they've had major problems with their wicket this season, it's also a big ground and often lush which makes run scoring difficult. If they managed to restrict Siriwardana to a low score then they'd be right in the ball game.

I couldn't see Kingy beating Aber Park.

And I reckon Aberfeldie wouldn't really mind who they played in the semi, although playing on Aber Park's ground probably suits them more. On the flip side if they met Aber Park in the GF being the only team to previously knock them off that would give them real self-belief.

Massive game between Abers & KB this Round.

Jacana aren't safe & sound in 2nd yet either, although I'd back them to beat Roosters this round I don't think it will be an outright result.

Your thoughts HWKB?

Good evaluation Cheeque

Kingy Baps not a strong team really rely's on Kwhaja and Levic to much really cant see them making the granny no matter who they get in the semi il tip Abers this week . They simply dont have the bowler's to dominate a side.

Aberfeldie, thing's are looking up . Got a young bowler back who has take a few fair wicket's . Batting line up is a little brittle but can get the job done at times . Surprised if they dont finish 3rd.

Jacana have been flying , yes they have a dodgy deck to play on but couple of import's have been playing well not just the skipper , Bennett and Groves doing the job for them. Big chance for the flag if everything goes well.

Aber Park even team although Pascu and Albers bowls plenty of over's as they should because there the 2best in the comp. But have some handy bowler's and batter's to back them up. Only losing in a 1dayer by a run.

interesting.... hard to imagine some play cant have been possible, surely if they were taken off in morning it wouldve been dry and preparable by early afternoon.... youd think 65 overs each starting at 3 would be preferable to a one dayer given improtance of bonus points etc....

on similar note, god knows what was going on at avondale heights this week - i know its only the twos but personally very frustrated getting sunburnt watching cricket instead of playing.... covers not down thursday night or friday morning, but then still down at 12pm on saturday when surely they needed to be up and trying to dry it.....

hard for 2s players to push for spot in 1s finals whilst sitting on their @sses drinking stubbies watching the ones..

(on the ones, congrats to preecy given its gone uncommented on here - not many double tons in this grade of cricket)

Its crunch time;386905 said:
My stat's ??? Haha ive made nearly 300 more runs then him so i think ive got him covered there . Anything else you want to know ???
yeah premerships and your finals average where u are remembered 4 not home games and let me tell u good bats make 500 plus during the year almost 300 well u are a lengend lol

OnTheLookout;387760 said:
(on the ones, congrats to preecy given its gone uncommented on here - not many double tons in this grade of cricket)
Congrats in order.

400 runs in 60 overs ?? Who was bowling ?? B1 or B2 ??

Avondale have gone down the shitter from a few years back.

Sad to see.

phil crea;387171 said:
yeah premerships and your finals average where u are remembered 4 not home games and let me tell u good bats make 500 plus during the year almost 300 well u are a lengend lol

Phil, please get somebody to go over your posts, they lack punctuation and are sometimes hard to follow. The one thing I did follow is the big game you keep talking about being remembered for finals. Your last 4 Grand Final digs have been 0, 12, 37 and 26 at an average of 18.75. Hardly worth remembering I would have thought.

Please don't consider yourself a finals player, you've been carried by Jury, Chugg, the Comensolis and the like for many years based on your GRAND FINAL stats.

Now I look forward to your peanut retort, which no doubt will end up in a lol or something along those lines.

big_junior;387720 said:
Spoke to the umpire, and apprently the wc curator was informed to leave the covers off, and instead left them on... Trying to spice up a top game there..

Help us out Phil, what's the go?

Wallop;387173 said:
Phil, please get somebody to go over your posts, they lack punctuation and are sometimes hard to follow. The one thing I did follow is the big game you keep talking about being remembered for finals. Your last 4 Grand Final digs have been 0, 12, 37 and 26 at an average of 18.75. Hardly worth remembering I would have thought.

Please don't consider yourself a finals player, you've been carried by Jury, Chugg, the Comensolis and the like for many years based on your GRAND FINAL stats.

Now I look forward to your peanut retort, which no doubt will end up in a lol or something along those lines.

good call wallop lol, i used to be good but i am sure if u go over all grandfinals averaging about 70 not bad for a spaso ,but anyway i love winning flags and then might be a few at centrals this year how is your club going wallop

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387762 said:
Congrats in order.

Sad to see.

What gone with Avondale this season. I know some of there better players left from past seasons.

phil crea;387190 said:
good call wallop lol, i used to be good but i am sure if u go over all grandfinals averaging about 70 not bad for a spaso ,but anyway i love winning flags and then might be a few at centrals this year how is your club going wallop

Average of about 70 in Grannies aint bad...

I did a bit of research & the stats that were available to 04/05 season when u were @ GU in Grand finals read like this:

Willy Comp A Grade
06/07 37 out 1 out
05/06 12 out 23 out
04/05 0 out
VTCA B1
08/09 26 out

By my math’s that works out to be a total of 99 runs divided by 6 = 16.5

Now if I’m wrong I’m happy to admit it but that is a LONG way away from "about 70" but who's counting. Maybe you should apply the use of a calculator or abacus to your working out. Add this to your spell check function on your Commodore 64 & you'll be flying champ..... By the way Phil when did you "used to be good" so we can have a look at those stats. You've been wrong on most things you've gotta be due to be right on something you've rambled on about, lol.

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387762 said:
Congrats in order.

Sad to see.

i dont know them as its my first year in the comp, however, can i just say it would be the best ground that i have played on all season by far.

if i had just moved into the area i would look at playing there just for the surface alone. its not often with the lack of water you get to play on grounds like that.

deck had a bit in it when we played, but i dont mind that, good challenge with bat vs ball

good bunch of blokes and wish them all the best for the remainder of the season!!

-------------
www.websites4tradies.com

2time;387206 said:
Average of about 70 in Grannies aint bad...

I did a bit of research & the stats that were available to 04/05 season when u were @ GU in Grand finals read like this:

Willy Comp A Grade
06/07 37 out 1 out
05/06 12 out 23 out
04/05 0 out
VTCA B1
08/09 26 out

By my math’s that works out to be a total of 99 runs divided by 6 = 16.5

Now if I’m wrong I’m happy to admit it but that is a LONG way away from "about 70" but who's counting. Maybe you should apply the use of a calculator or abacus to your working out. Add this to your spell check function on your Commodore 64 & you'll be flying champ..... By the way Phil when did you "used to be good" so we can have a look at those stats. You've been wrong on most things you've gotta be due to be right on something you've rambled on about, lol.
u might have missed a few champ 112 at ken 137 notout against colts and 80 against cys ,but who cares when i have another medallion around my neck this year ,that will make it 9 but whos counting , anything else 3rds player

Opening Batsman;387767 said:
What gone with Avondale this season. I know some of there better players left from past seasons.

W Suares.
G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

8 A Grade (or higher) cricketers there.

phil crea;387218 said:
u might have missed a few champ 112 at ken 137 notout against colts and 80 against cys ,but who cares when i have another medallion around my neck this year ,that will make it 9 but whos counting , anything else 3rds player

such a bore reading all this crapola back and forth

waste of time logging on here when 80% of the posts revolve around a certain player and club

wake us up when it's finished being discussed and we might bother to look back in here

zzzzzzzzzzzz

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387829 said:
W Suares.
G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

G & M Dodds, Albers, TJ, Sathpath are massive holes. G Dodds for me was the pick of em, when fit & firing one of the best i've faced. Good pace all day & didn't give an inch.

phil crea;387218 said:

As i said with the stats that are available that's what i came up with. If that's the case it still doesn't equal "about 70" more like mid fifties if they are correct. Your obviously counting Phil so out of the "9" you've contributed in 3, congrats mate. What's wrong with 3rd's cricket??? I've seen the Willy comp & Nth B there isnt alot of difference with the 3rds.... lol...... Do something if you make this one & alot of people including me will stand corrected.

2time;387765 said:
Help us out Phil, what's the go?
plenty of rain up werribee way , subbies was called off 2 ,dissapointing but i am sure we will get on this week ,should be a very good game

phil crea;387171 said:

If you read properly Phil ive made nearly 300 MORE THEN YOU !!! And hopeless finals average . You keep making yourself look like a fool Phil. 2s 4u next year !!!

2time;387860 said:
G Dodds for me was the pick of em, when fit & firing one of the best i've faced. Good pace all day & didn't give an inch.

In one of his last games in the 2nd XI (was unfit and just playing socially) he absolutely destroyed Wili CYMS in a 10 over spell. Took 9 wickets in the innings and bowled with some decent heat.

When he was fit he was scary at times.

ive got an idea... Im going to post.. Wait for it... Some cricket talk!!! Yes all those tools who gloat over past glories and bag other blokes and clubs will be disapointed... Lol anyway lets rate the finals chances in north a... MOONEE VALLEY clear on top, lost 1 game, 3 bowlers in top 10 or so and 2 of top 5 bats. List been together for last 3 or so years and play as a team.. Have got out of some sticky situations of late. FOOTSCRAY UNITED going about their business quietly.. Skipper doing well vital for them. Good all round side. WERRIBEE CENTRALS good bowling attack but bats not their strong point. Big on the talk.. If they back up then great. If not then id be one very unhapp pres down there for all the chat that comes out. However big chance. St ALBANS pre season talk of going undefeated. Lots of players with big reps but need to put it together as A TEAM. My prediction is a valley and st albans granny...

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387829 said:
W Suares.
G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

Fat man, i do agree that there are some handy competitive cricketers amongst this lot and no doubt there diasppearance has hurt the club more than you would ever know but

W. Suares - Please, the bloke is a mercenary. Does not play for the love of any club, plays solely for himself. Just ask F Utd
G. Dodds - Very very handy cricketer. Played the game very hard - Gaping Hole
M. Dodds - Tool, however hit the ball hard and backed his ability. When he got going, Avondale very rarely lost games of cricket
M.Albers - Nothing required here. We all know his ability
S. O'Rielly - Can somebody please tell me what he has ever done - Spud
D.Campbell - Read Shannons comments.
T.Jeffrey - Very handy cricketer, big big hole at Heights now that he is gone, however i question his ability to set a field. Very handy North A cricketer, but that's where it stops. Ask Old essendon.
Sathpath - Quality bowler who at times lacked imagination. Saying that, i would take him in my side any day of the week.
In closing, it's a shame to see the demise of this club and I certainly hope they can turn it around sooner rather than later.

Its crunch time;387068 said:
Good evaluation Cheeque

Kingy Baps not a strong team really rely's on Kwhaja and Levic to much really cant see them making the granny no matter who they get in the semi il tip Abers this week . They simply dont have the bowler's to dominate a side.

Aberfeldie, thing's are looking up . Got a young bowler back who has take a few fair wicket's . Batting line up is a little brittle but can get the job done at times . Surprised if they dont finish 3rd.

Jacana have been flying , yes they have a dodgy deck to play on but couple of import's have been playing well not just the skipper , Bennett and Groves doing the job for them. Big chance for the flag if everything goes well.

Aber Park even team although Pascu and Albers bowls plenty of over's as they should because there the 2best in the comp. But have some handy bowler's and batter's to back them up. Only losing in a 1dayer by a run.

Hello Chaps, long time fan of the forum and player within the vtca...
Some good calls on B1 from all blokes..
Heres my view...
A/Park- Rely on Albers and Pascu too much(rumour has it he is injured out of the weekends win, any1 shed some light?
Jacana- Plenty of talent with the young Sri-lankans and Bennett.. Could be a big shot, but dont thnk they have the ticker.
K/Baps-No chance with Kwaja being the only genuine player.. KLevic is overrated..
Abers-No players other than Nyus that tare the game apart. But on there day still have a massvie shot..
A/Park/Aber GF... With A/P taking home the silverware.

phil crea;387863 said:
plenty of rain up werribee way , subbies was called off 2 ,dissapointing but i am sure we will get on this week ,should be a very good game

Will be a very interesting Phil if it gets washed out again or you get some rain which is forecast & it reverts to ordinary conditions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back