North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

I heard a rumour W/C may be appealing to the VTCA about the split points decision against Taylors Lakes. Can anybody spread light on this rumour??? Phil...?

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387829 said:
W Suares.
G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

8 A Grade (or higher) cricketers there.

Add Popov as another bloke to the list of former Avondale players no longer there.

Yep once strong side now a rabble.

Also look @ Albion won a flag 2 years ago losing only once to Avondale and then lose a couple of senior players which results in them struggling to avoid the drop the following 2 seasons.

Avondale have simply lost their entire 1X1 side gradually over the last 3 years, many tipped them to struggle last year as well with the departures of Albers and M Dodds but they showed some fight to almost win the comp, won a lot of respect for mine with that effort, then some senior blokes decide to retire on a high D Campbell and R blair plus others decide to jump a sinking ship T Jeffrey, S O’reily + a couple others.

Given that and their ordinary seconds side of recent years meaning no depth they have blokes palying A grade cricket when their ability merits a game in 2nd or 3rd X1. Spoken with some of the current Avo players and they don't seem so keen to return to the club next year unless few things change according to them the club is a basket case from top to bottom there is possibility for them not to field senior sides next year if these blokes are correct.

freehit;387284 said:
I heard a rumour W/C may be appealing to the VTCA about the split points decision against Taylors Lakes. Can anybody spread light on this rumour??? Phil...?

They did last night and lost.

2time;387875 said:
Will be a very interesting Phil if it gets washed out again or you get some rain which is forecast & it reverts to ordinary conditions....

oh well still pretty condifent of making finals , and will give it a pretty good shake ; just ask east keilor about our cricket ablity

phil crea;387190 said:
good call wallop lol, i used to be good but i am sure if u go over all grandfinals averaging about 70 not bad for a spaso ,but anyway i love winning flags and then might be a few at centrals this year how is your club going wallop

My club is going alright thanks Phil. We are on the brink of playing finals yet again just need to bring home the chocolates in one of our last two games. Sadly I won't get the chance to play you blokes this year as I don't play down in North A with you park cricketers, well not anymore anyway.

In other news, any chance Phil will be the first human being in history to be banned from big cricket and facebook at the same time? Just putting it out there.

Search Phil and you'll see what I mean, lol

Noticed Craigieburn footy club are playing their matches from now on at the new ground called Highgate Res. (Richmond's new training centre).
Does anyone know if the cricket club are going there eventually as well? or staying put??

Wallop;387314 said:
My club is going alright thanks Phil. We are on the brink of playing finals yet again just need to bring home the chocolates in one of our last two games. Sadly I won't get the chance to play you blokes this year as I don't play down in North A with you park cricketers, well not anymore anyway.

In other news, any chance Phil will be the first human being in history to be banned from big cricket and facebook at the same time? Just putting it out there.

Your my hero............:eek::eek:

I would say Craigieburn CC wouldn't be allowed on the new footy ground as most AFL clubs are doing that now, just to have a ground that isn't affected by cricket. That's why Essendon CC got kicked off Windy Hill and Geelong CC also play out the back of Kardinia Park, Foots have their their own grounds as well.
I would assume Rich will train predominantly at Punt Rd during the season thus freeing up Craigieburn footy club to use the new ground. A good get for them.

Wallop;387314 said:

Mate with that comment u r as modest as phil.
U r prorbaly as prone to exaggeration as the old fella too.

Unless you play firstclass cricket, we all are park cricketers of one kind or the other.

How did everyone go with getting their covers down early? cos it is raining cats and dogs in St Albans

Kingy Baps vs Aberfeldie looks pretty well poised heading into day 2. Still anyone's game.

St Andrews and Roosters in with a real show of a couple of big upsets i noticed. Will St Andrews have the ability to squeeze another 50-odd runs out of their last 5 bats? It would be the upset of the season if they got up, and even if Aber Park managed to win, they have again made very hard work of it!

And having been in a similar situation last match, can Roosters get over the line up at Jacana? Will be very interesting first hour or so at those 2 games.

Still a fair chance of outright results in those two games with a lot of wickets falling on the first day.

Alot of talk about WC quicks, but I reckon the St Albans quicks McCammond and Dunn are just as big a handful. And the saints have better back up for them as well. WC certainly dont want one of these two boys getting hurt cos they are a little thin after that.
And besides - bowlers get you to finals and batsmen win them! And to that end you gotta like MV top order, and the fact Preecey is in career best form (good on him too - ripper bloke). It he can get some help from McKay and TJ they are dangerous. WC top order is decidedly shakey, and the Saints haven't set the world on fire either (The ranga aside). However if Jones fires, and I think he might come finals time (pending them making it of course) they will cause an upset!!
All this rain makes it interesting - can see some strange stuff happening in the chase for points!!!
One last point - blokes talking themselves up on a website? The gun cricketers in the comp (Tocka, Dmac, Browny, Contessa, Bakes) - do you ever see them on here spruiking about how good they are/were? Get out there and get it done this March champ and then you can tell all the world how good you are.

CheeQuee;387604 said:
Kingy Baps vs Aberfeldie looks pretty well poised heading into day 2. Still anyone's game.

St Andrews and Roosters in with a real show of a couple of big upsets i noticed. Will St Andrews have the ability to squeeze another 50-odd runs out of their last 5 bats? It would be the upset of the season if they got up, and even if Aber Park managed to win, they have again made very hard work of it!

And having been in a similar situation last match, can Roosters get over the line up at Jacana? Will be very interesting first hour or so at those 2 games.

Still a fair chance of outright results in those two games with a lot of wickets falling on the first day.

source tells me you got a few wickets on Sat CheeQuee against the Abers boys, from what I've been told they were filthy getting out to you

Pump;388033 said:
How did everyone go with getting their covers down early? cos it is raining cats and dogs in St Albans

As long as rain didn't get under covers we will def play this weekend, wicket was already prepared as we new the rain was coming but did not think it would be that heavey.

Hoping VTCA say report to grounds we need to play

He who knows best;387608 said:
source tells me you got a few wickets on Sat CheeQuee against the Abers boys, from what I've been told they were filthy getting out to you

They would've been filthy to be dismissed by me mate, seeing as I'm a full time spectator these days! I didn't actually get to see any cricket on the weekend as i spent the day at Caulfield with a few lads cheering on the Typhoon.

7/564;388099 said:
As long as rain didn't get under covers we will def play this weekend, wicket was already prepared as we new the rain was coming but did not think it would be that heavey.

Hoping VTCA say report to grounds we need to play

What ground you at champ?
Can everyone else advise a definate yes or know yet on their grounds?

Good to see our boys taking it up to the top teams and not rolling over on their season.
Showing a bit of character bit of ticker.

Bring on ther cricket trip lol.

BigCoq;387639 said:
Good to see our boys taking it up to the top teams and not rolling over on their season.
Showing a bit of character bit of ticker.

Bring on ther cricket trip lol.

Where's the Roosters trip off to BC?

We (FUCC) are in similar boat to EK... wicket in reasonable shape pre rain, covers down.... now just hope they do their job !!!

Roosters cricket trip going to be a massive one at the gold coast bang a Ranga 10/11 go us roosters !!!!!!!

I reckon it's a great effort if clubs get their grounds up this week. On a side note, what does everyone think the policy should be? This close to finals, is it fair if some clubs play and other dont? While fantastic if u could, not all clubs could manage to get covers on by wednesday night/thursday morning. At least if we all dont play, everyone is in the same boat. But on the other hand, if clubs like FU & EK have a ground ready, it seems stupid that it goes to waste. Especially hard for EK who are on the outside of the 4 looking in. Very tough call to make as either way some clubs are going to feel very unlucky and it could/probably will decide ladder positions.

2time;387708 said:
Does anyone have any info on the W/C v M/V game on the weekend?

Spoke to the umpire, and apprently the wc curator was informed to leave the covers off, and instead left them on... Trying to spice up a top game there..

IntoThe Wind;388120 said:
I reckon it's a great effort if clubs get their grounds up this week. On a side note, what does everyone think the policy should be? This close to finals, is it fair if some clubs play and other dont? While fantastic if u could, not all clubs could manage to get covers on by wednesday night/thursday morning. At least if we all dont play, everyone is in the same boat. But on the other hand, if clubs like FU & EK have a ground ready, it seems stupid that it goes to waste. Especially hard for EK who are on the outside of the 4 looking in. Very tough call to make as either way some clubs are going to feel very unlucky and it could/probably will decide ladder positions.

I agree tuff call to make but if there is know more rain most clubs should get wickets up.

We are lucky our curatar is a very hard working bloke who put's in a lot of time to get us on the park every week. Just look at last weekend our 4th's played and over 300 runs were scored on a wicket that wasn't covered.

Hoping we play cause both our one's and two's need to win to be any chance of making final's but we only have ourself's to blame if we don't

2time;387708 said:
Does anyone have any info on the W/C v M/V game on the weekend?

strange.. why would they be told to leave them off and not other clubs.. maybe they didnt get down on thursday night .

might hurt them 2nd 4th and 5th all doing well in there games.:cool:

IntoThe Wind;388120 said:

Mate i understand your point.

But i reckon its not a coincidence how often good+organised+hardworking clubs get their wickets up - give themselves every chance to play, suprising how they regularly get their facilities right when others find excuses not to play (have wicket right).

On that note just saw the Nth A2 weekend results, and AHeights hosting FUCC didn't get on the park? Don't tell me wicket problems, shame for 2nd X1 blokes, perfect sunny day and these fellas don't get a game, i recall Taylors lakes boys 1X1 complaining earlier in the year how their day 1 clash with AH on a perfect day was called off because splinkers were left on one side of the wicket.

i may be a bit harsh here but it seems Doutta stars and AH have both been guilty of not having their wickets right on perfect cricketing conditions.

Why penalise the clubs working hard to paly - i reckon good luck to the likes of FUCC + EK - especially EK have heard alot of good things about their curator. Good on 'em.

interesting.... hard to imagine some play cant have been possible, surely if they were taken off in morning it wouldve been dry and preparable by early afternoon.... youd think 65 overs each starting at 3 would be preferable to a one dayer given improtance of bonus points etc....

on similar note, god knows what was going on at avondale heights this week - i know its only the twos but personally very frustrated getting sunburnt watching cricket instead of playing.... covers not down thursday night or friday morning, but then still down at 12pm on saturday when surely they needed to be up and trying to dry it.....

hard for 2s players to push for spot in 1s finals whilst sitting on their @sses drinking stubbies watching the ones..

(on the ones, congrats to preecy given its gone uncommented on here - not many double tons in this grade of cricket)

I guess in North A this round it's not as bad as the clubs that are fighting for spots, being ST A, FU, EK, Werr, are all the home teams. So if they REALLY want to, then u make sure you do whatever you can to get the wicket up. Bit harder if, like your example, one of the teams was away against a club that weren't making finals and therefore would probably be happy not playing on saturday.

OnTheLookout;387760 said:
(on the ones, congrats to preecy given its gone uncommented on here - not many double tons in this grade of cricket)
Congrats in order.

400 runs in 60 overs ?? Who was bowling ?? B1 or B2 ??

Avondale have gone down the shitter from a few years back.

Sad to see.

Just popped into club and looks like a lot of water got under covers gutted.

Spoke to curator and he will do everything he can to get on it talking about being at club at 5.30AM to get it up to speed but will be tuff. Hope other teams had better luck just to much rain it seems

big_junior;387720 said:
Spoke to the umpire, and apprently the wc curator was informed to leave the covers off, and instead left them on... Trying to spice up a top game there..

Help us out Phil, what's the go?

7/564;388131 said:
Just popped into club and looks like a lot of water got under covers gutted.

Spoke to curator and he will do everything he can to get on it talking about being at club at 5.30AM to get it up to speed but will be tuff. Hope other teams had better luck just to much rain it seems

moonee valley is a big mud pit.. dont think they will play tommorrow:cool:

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387762 said:
Congrats in order.

Sad to see.

What gone with Avondale this season. I know some of there better players left from past seasons.

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;387762 said:
Congrats in order.

Sad to see.

i dont know them as its my first year in the comp, however, can i just say it would be the best ground that i have played on all season by far.

if i had just moved into the area i would look at playing there just for the surface alone. its not often with the lack of water you get to play on grounds like that.

deck had a bit in it when we played, but i dont mind that, good challenge with bat vs ball

good bunch of blokes and wish them all the best for the remainder of the season!!

-------------
www.websites4tradies.com

Opening Batsman;387767 said:
What gone with Avondale this season. I know some of there better players left from past seasons.

W Suares.
G Dodds.
M Dodds.
M Albers.
S O'Reilly.
D Campbell.
T Jeffrey.
Sathpath K.

8 A Grade (or higher) cricketers there.

2time;379615 said:
When your mob carries on the way it does i don't think anyone really gives a rats about W/C's finals aspirations. If your happy as coach Phil in the way your team conducts itself & your happy to put your name to it why would you care what others think.... By all the posts i've read by other people about W/C it seems no one really cares except you.

A question for you Phil, does your President know about this site???

of course he does we have nothing to hide , just signed contract 4 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back