North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Cricket will be off on Saturday, handy if you had the points already on day 1, what going to happen to all the Christmas parties? No santa this year for the kids.

Lads instead of been so pessimistic about our chances of playing, why dont we think of ways to get the wet pitches ready to play on? A couple of suggestions:

a) get a group of rangas to surround the wet areas, 3 or 4 should be enough to generate the heat required to dry the surface

b) get Big Coq to bowl absolute fire/smoke/gas/heat for 10 minutes near the wet areas, drying it up sufficiently

Any other suggestions? be interested to here your thoughts, thanks.

Opening Batsman;380921 said:
Cricket will be off on Saturday, handy if you had the points already on day 1, what going to happen to all the Christmas parties? No santa this year for the kids.

some teams would have been smart enough to have their decks ready Weds....especially with the predicted weather for later in the week

Im sure some will get on if they got the covers on them Weds night/Thurs morning

He who knows best;381026 said:
some teams would have been smart enough to have their decks ready Weds....especially with the predicted weather for later in the week

Im sure some will get on if they got the covers on them Weds night/Thurs morning

yes covers were on Thursday afternoon, text message and email was apparently sent to all clubs. Cricket should be on tomorrow, will a good day play

Opening Batsman;380921 said:

What the heck are you on Opener the predicter of doom and gloom are u associated to any dooms day occults.
look outside the world really is wonderfull.
I have to question ur mental strength have u ever made a ton Opener?

BigCoq;381107 said:
What the heck are you on Opener the predicter of doom and gloom are u associated to any dooms day occults.
look outside the world really is wonderfull.
I have to question ur mental strength have u ever made a ton Opener?

How about you tools start talkin cricket for this weekend, from the banter so far, im tippin big coq is a over wieght has been. Try and make a comment about
the results this week!

punter 18;381137 said:
How about you tools start talkin cricket for this weekend, from the banter so far, im tippin big coq is a over wieght has been. Try and make a comment about
the results this week!

Wrong Champ.
Im tipping ur skinny havent showerd or shaved for a week and living in the TABwith a fag hanging out ur mouth.

If you want to add value to the thread go ahead but dont get involved im my post just do ur thing and add value no big deal its not hard. u show no class by potting blokes for no good reason so back at ya.

My tip is Roosters B2 to beat Seabrook.

Hey Punter how about that weekend of cricket?
Roosters ex Churches side getting up over Seabrook easily.
Kingsville ex churches side doing it easy and second on the table.
Aberfeldie Park 3rd last year consolidating there position against Aberfeldie who finished last year in A1 think the grading system works well.
Jacana beating Flemington outright at jacana not sure yet but is it the deck or the team?
Makes for a very interesting run home and if you r good enough your good enough.
Most encouraging is to see last years grand finalists doing so well in A grade.

Ur thought our learnered Punter?
Whats ur hard earned on?
The fav or a roughy?
Bring on 2010!!!!!!!!!

BigCoq;381364 said:
Aberfeldie Park 3rd last year consolidating there position against Aberfeldie who finished last year in A1 think the grading system works well.
Jacana beating Flemington outright at jacana not sure yet but is it the deck or the team?
Makes for a very interesting run home and if you r good enough your good enough.

Whats ur hard earned on?
The fav or a roughy?
Bring on 2010!!!!!!!!!

Kingsville Baptists will NOT stay in 2nd spot after Xmas, the draw has been kind to them without playing Jacana nor Abers prior to Xmas while the only time they played against a top 4 team in Aber Park they got smashed

the Roosters play Aber Park, Abers and Jacana all after Xmas which even though they are doing well in 5th prob means they have little to no hope of breaking into the 4 and going by the current ladder they are the only one's to have a realistic chance to do so

Jacana's wicket again producing wickets aplenty, the deck seriously needs to be looked at as the team just ain't that good

Pascu rolls Abers with 7 fa, I see the main bat this year for Abers in Outred didnt play ? costly game to miss :confused:

He who knows best;381456 said:
Kingsville Baptists will NOT stay in 2nd spot after Xmas, the draw has been kind to them without playing Jacana nor Abers prior to Xmas while the only time they played against a top 4 team in Aber Park they got smashed

the Roosters play Aber Park, Abers and Jacana all after Xmas which even though they are doing well in 5th prob means they have little to no hope of breaking into the 4 and going by the current ladder they are the only one's to have a realistic chance to do so

Jacana's wicket again producing wickets aplenty, the deck seriously needs to be looked at as the team just ain't that good

Pascu rolls Abers with 7 fa, I see the main bat this year for Abers in Outred didnt play ? costly game to miss :confused:

Fair call mate cant judge what we dont know but looking forward to the challenge just the same!
The next three one day games in January are vital to the season.
Aberfeldie Park @ Aberfeldie Park.
We play Jacana at Home thank Christ.
Aberfeldie at home.

People on this site were predicting KBCC to finish on the bottom, so for us to win 5 out of 6 is a great effort but we are under no illusions that the 2nd half of the season is going to be tough. We as a club are looking forward to testing ourselves against the better teams and look forward to the challenge of staying in the four.

BigCoq;381364 said:

Whats ur hard earned on?
The fav or a roughy?
Bring on 2010!!!!!!!!!

Very good run down of the weeks games there Big Coq, very nice to see the churches sides play well and winning games. It would have been a shame for the new clubs to come in struggle. I believe that this season is the easiest B1 has ever been, if you look at this grade 5 years ago, there were sides like Weastmeadows, Tullamarine, Moonee Valley and Greenvale. Now is the perfect time for clubs from other competitions to move to the vtca and work your way from bottom to top.

Aberfeldie would be very dissapointed with there effort on Saturday. The loss has seen them fall from first to fourth. Little romour floating around from the game is that there gun bat Nhyus may have broken his hand and there opening bowler may have a side strain. Pascu is a gun who bowls at a very decent clip, expect him to take 50 wickets this season.

Jacana's deck wouldn't be that great, but there capt/coach has come out and tonned up, so what do you read into that? I was a fan of Flemington at the start of the season but they seem to have fallen away. Cant see them improving over the break, they may have a few losses in the new year.

Certainly think that Aber Park and Jacana will be there come finals, Kingy bapts have some tough games in the new year, not many sides drop out of finals contention after being 1 point off top at christmas, i may very well be eating humble pie there. good luck to them though. Aberfeldie will prob get there but im not discounting the Roosters either, they are the only side out of the four who can push there way in.

If i was a betting man, sitting in the tote on the darts, Ide have something on
Abefeldie Park, straight out

We are at the half way mark of the year, what do people make of the round 6 results?? As per usual the two one dayers will certainly shape the top 4.

St.Albans win outright with plenty in the tank, East Keilor continue to show they are a much improved side, Footscray United continue to be in consistent and Moonee Valley continue to roll along.

Some interesting individual performances too. Peoples thoughts?

BigCoq;381483 said:
Fair call mate cant judge what we dont know but looking forward to the challenge just the same!
The next three one day games in January are vital to the season.
Aberfeldie Park @ Aberfeldie Park.
We play Jacana at Home thank Christ.
Aberfeldie at home.

You will have to play them away at some stage though i'm tipping!

punter 18;381637 said:
Aberfeldie would be very dissapointed with there effort on Saturday. The loss has seen them fall from first to fourth. Little romour floating around from the game is that there gun bat Nhyus may have broken his hand and there opening bowler may have a side strain. Pascu is a gun who bowls at a very decent clip, expect him to take 50 wickets this season.

Nyhus a gun bat........??? with an average of around 20 for the last 5 seasons how is he that ???

word I've heard is that he punched a wall after a dodgy LBW a few weeks ago and broke it that way, Im sure Ingleton would be pleased with that behaviour if he'd happened to have missed games

I believe that this season is the easiest B1 has ever been, if you look at this grade 5 years ago, there were sides like Weastmeadows, Tullamarine, Moonee Valley and Greenvale. Now is the perfect time for clubs from other competitions to move to the vtca and work your way from bottom to top.

So in essence you are saying that the VTCA has dropped of considerably or those teams of 5 year ago have rebuilt and moved forward due to the grading system.

Is there a massive difference between A turf and B turf?

I see Moonee Valley on top as they were in B turf and Werribee Cenrals knocking on the door. Craigeburn are mid table just like in B turf.

I dont think we can compare five year ago to now team lists would of changed considerably.

If you are to move up and remain competitive then you have to recruit and continue to turn over your list.

Most teams need another Batsmen or bowler or perhaps both there is always room for improverment know matter where and who you play for.

All im saying is i havent noticed a marked rise in standard yet compared to were we come from.
Having said that its great to be playing in the VTCA all the decks are 10 times better then what we have been used to and facilities are first class Amen.
I think ur harsh on kingy just because all these other teams have name players doesnt mean the no name players cant play.

Sometimes the Coles brand is better than the Expensive brand.

BigCoq;381736 said:
I believe that this season is the easiest B1 has ever been, if you look at this grade 5 years ago, there were sides like Weastmeadows, Tullamarine, Moonee Valley and Greenvale. Now is the perfect time for clubs from other competitions to move to the vtca and work your way from bottom to top.

So in essence you are saying that the VTCA has dropped of considerably or those teams of 5 year ago have rebuilt and moved forward due to the grading system.

I see Moonee Valley on top as they were in B turf and Werribee Cenrals knocking on the door. Craigeburn are mid table just like in B turf.

I dont think we can compare five year ago to now team lists would of changed considerably.

If you are to move up and remain competitive then you have to recruit and continue to turn over your list.

Most teams need another Batsmen or bowler or perhaps both there is always room for improverment know matter where and who you play for.

All im saying is i havent noticed a marked rise in standard yet compared to were we come from.
Having said that its great to be playing in the VTCA all the decks are 10 times better then what we have been used to and facilities are first class Amen.
I think ur harsh on kingy just because all these other teams have name players doesnt mean the no name players cant play.

North B1 four or five years ago was tougher, no question.
For 3 seasons Greenvale dominated the home & away season but couldn't win the Grand Final to take them up a grade. They were (& still are) a very good side and were clearly too good to play at B1 level (they were finishing 40-odd points clear on top). Where they are now is probably a true reflection.

Along with them you had Tulla, Moonee Valley and Aberfeldie Park all with good sides and Jacana never far away.

The comp is not as strong now in B1/2, and I think A1/2 with the way the comp was restructured this year is weaker for it. But what I think is more noticable is the difference between the stronger and the weaker clubs in each grade. Over the next few years with some promotion and relegation things will even out. But in saying that we have a strong healty comp that is most of the time well run and organised.

BigCoq;381736 said:

My point was not to say the VTCA had dropped in standard, I feel that new sides entering the competition have a great opportunity to enjoy a healthy competition. Maybe the regrading has weakened the standard in some eyes, but who would have imagined Hoppers Xing sitting second last at Xmas, Avondale Hieghts sitting last and Moonee Valley on top. The key to enjoying success and improving year to year or as you rise in grade, is to have the resources to entice players to your club, and in this current environment, you
need to be able to pay players. It would be nice to have the old attitude of playing for the love but its long gone.

Don't think i'm being harsh on Kingy, but with all due respect, im not sure when they last made finals, i know they didn't in there last 5 or 6 seasons in B1, if they come out after xmas and win more than they lose, i'll be the first one to put the hand up and say well done.

What is your prediction Big Coq for B1?
Can the Roosters make it?
Where will Kingy finish?

Hey Punter
im rooster player and i think roosters can make the finals but they must win first three 1 day games. They are playing sides all above them the only way make up points is beat the sides above ya.Yes i play in the 2s i think its pretty even comp in the twos i think our club depth is good as anyone's. It may be a big statement but time will tell with nxt few games and the pressure on our 1s to get results and its important for us in the 2s keep getting results.
WHAT BOUT B2 PEOPLE ANYONE HAS THOUGHTS ON WHO IS THE SIDE TO BEAT WHO WILL MAKE THE 4 NOT JUST BOUT CLUBS ONES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back