North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

freehit;388835 said:
Someone must like you beating moonee valley phil, havn't lost in 3 years and the one time they were in a promising position over you last year if i recall correctly didn't it rain second week?
Seems to be a rivalry building between the two clubs which is good to see in the competition. Hence why i think two teams getting promoted and relegated is a good idea. It promotes these rivalries and makes the competition stronger and healthier.
good call

punter 18;389176 said:
, he made 150 to
be precise. Judging by that, i rekon he dosn't mind the ball coming on to the bat.
The game should bring back memories for our resident clown, Mr Crea, he tonned up himself. Well done Phil, your last score i think!

The next game against Seabrook he hit a 53.

Going by MyCricket, he also has a 77, 59 and a 96 after that hundred

punter 18;389176 said:
, he made 150 to
be precise. Judging by that, i rekon he dosn't mind the ball coming on to the bat.
The game should bring back memories for our resident clown, Mr Crea, he tonned up himself. Well done Phil, your last score i think!

thank you must have smashed u all over the park that day

Phart Lap;388841 said:
Thats the first quote you've ever put on here Phil without a spelling mistake.

Well done.

how was the game against Abers last weekend Phart ?

from what I've heard the 2 teams play some competitive cricket against one another

who's the dangers out of Aber Park, Abers and Jacana from a Kingsville point of view ?

Opening_Bat;389180 said:
The next game against Seabrook he hit a 53.

Going by MyCricket, he also has a 77, 59 and a 96 after that hundred

Well the 77 and 59 were in the seconds and i'll pay the 96

ROY G BIV;388836 said:
PokaOKane , if you took time to go through my posts, you should've also noticed that i say on more than one occasion "it's nothing personal", just my own thoughts as a player in NTH A.

In fact in some of my posts i have congratulated MV for their terrific season but have also mentioed their shortcomings and not deviated from my belief that they are an ordinary side which has simply overachieved in a severely weakened NTH A comp.

Look at Funited, essentially the same side as last 2 years (with the exception of TJ ) where they struggled and now they are a chance for minor premiership. Have no frontline fast bowlers (apologies to the oldtimer D Mcllenan?) TJ is their spinner and that's it. had a better bowling attack last year with suares + sri lankan overseas but couldn't buy a win
& look @ 'em now.

Saying anything less than complimentary about any club is bound to invite some stick from the supporters of that club & good on you for denfending your 1X1 (fair to assume you are a MV fella)

As far as my tip who'll win it, well mate i'll go through that again probably next week?

i disagree the four top sides ,on there day would beat a lot of sides in the next divison

phil crea;389181 said:
thank you must have smashed u all over the park that day

Sorry to dent your ego there phil but i wasnt playing in that game. The times ive had the pleasure you paired up and made a twenty. Havn't really seen enough of you to decide if your any good or not

ROY G BIV;388836 said:
PokaOKane , if you took time to go through my posts, you should've also noticed that i say on more than one occasion "it's nothing personal", just my own thoughts as a player in NTH A.

In fact in some of my posts i have congratulated MV for their terrific season but have also mentioed their shortcomings and not deviated from my belief that they are an ordinary side which has simply overachieved in a severely weakened NTH A comp.

As far as my tip who'll win it, well mate i'll go through that again probably next week?

I agree, your criticism is largely honourable in that it's never directed at indivuals personally etc. And yes, you do give out the odd backhanded compliment, but that's not in question.

I'm drawing to light your belief that they are an "ordinary side which has simply overachieved in a severely weakened NTH A comp". In my opinion this is a team that (although you don't appear to rate or understand the contribution all 11 players make) is sitting atop the ladder in their division and looking ok to give it a good shake come finals. It doesn't make a great deal of sense from here that's all.

You got me, I have been down with the Valley a number of times over the last two seasons filling in space, currently I'm studying abroad so the only VTCA action I get is either through here or mycricket sadly.

Anyway, I'd like to think the finals should be a close tussle. I also think it's good WC have come through the season showing some grit after the slack they've copped around the place throughout- there's still an outside chance of a Nth B GF repeat?

punter 18;389187 said:
Sorry to dent your ego there phil but i wasnt playing in that game. The times ive had the pleasure you paired up and made a twenty. Havn't really seen enough of you to decide if your any good or not

was 20 year ago lol just making up numbers might give a young bloke a go next year

phil crea;388895 said:
i disagree the four top sides ,on there day would beat a lot of sides in the next divison

well mate, bangladesh did beat the aussies on their day,
so that aint saying much.

for mine St Abans would be the only side pushing for the top 4 in 2008/2009 NTH A. Who would they knock out from Tulla,KPark,Greenvale,Avondale. don't know?probably no one.

but that's all hypothetical.

In 2009/10 we have St Albans, WCentrals, Funited and MValley.

someone mentioed who had the bigger outs in the WC vs MV game, for mine answer is simple Edrich. Ask your selves one question who would you rather have in your side Edrich on one hand or Perrera + Raj Aai....

for me ( fit) Edrich every time.

Some very interesting results on day 1.

MV all over Footscray United which could see FU drop to 4th which will result in a rematch come the long weekend.
Heights in an upset for mine over Craigieburn. I certainly didn't see that coming.
St.Albans home and hosed. Seddon have really struggled since Major departed. Thoughts
Taylors Lakes getting runs against an insipid attack in a nothing game.

The interesting one for mine, Werribee once again showing they can't bat, but bowl sides out for fun. Werribee are definately the unknown of all of this. Did Albion once again produce a nightmare pitch producing 22 wickets in a day. Phil can you enlighten us on today's events. 22 wickets and only 200 runs. Interesting day.

Arosha tonned up against Ed last year and from what I heard, the quicker Ed bowled the harder he hit em. I'll take a gun bat over a gun bat over a gun bowler every day of the week. Definately splitting hairs though, Eds a gun

Canary Yellow;389441 said:
Some very interesting results on day 1.

MV all over Footscray United which could see FU drop to 4th which will result in a rematch come the long weekend.
Heights in an upset for mine over Craigieburn. I certainly didn't see that coming.
St.Albans home and hosed. Seddon have really struggled since Major departed. Thoughts
Taylors Lakes getting runs against an insipid attack in a nothing game.

The interesting one for mine, Werribee once again showing they can't bat, but bowl sides out for fun. Werribee are definately the unknown of all of this. Did Albion once again produce a nightmare pitch producing 22 wickets in a day. Phil can you enlighten us on today's events. 22 wickets and only 200 runs. Interesting day.

no wicket good ,just some very poor batting ,any win is a good win

Cover_Drive;389088 said:
Arosha tonned up against Ed last year and from what I heard, the quicker Ed bowled the harder he hit em. I'll take a gun bat over a gun bat over a gun bowler every day of the week. Definately splitting hairs though, Eds a gun
both great crickters , sure arosha would look good in a centrals cap

phil crea;389452 said:
no wicket good ,just some very poor batting ,any win is a good win

dr, phil mate in a few of your posts this season you have said that w/c will win the flag things are pointing that way but did say your only danger was s/a.

with things panning out the way they did yesterday looks like the grand final is coming a week early..

are they the only team you didnt want to play ?
good luck mate big semi that one..:cool:

202 n.o;374641 said:
good on you superstar on winning a g/f in NB1 great effort very high standed of cricket do they have umps in that comp c how u go in NA1 spending no money, if your got it spend it your club mit not have it dont have a go at clubs that do and are trying to get to the top thats why you guys will go anywhere. not very good effort so far mate you guys mit win it again next year back at NB1.as for being a big mouth good on you for standing over young blokes you must feel pretty good about yourself.dont no you but cant wait to play you this year a have beer together after the game if you hang around our club rooms ore you mit have to get back to the shit farm.

just like to say ,we wont be going back to nb1 , is it possible to win flags with not spending big money , i will answer that in 5 weeks ,as for your cricket knowledge very poor

shhhhhhhhhhh;389500 said:
dr, phil mate in a few of your posts this season you have said that w/c will win the flag things are pointing that way but did say your only danger was s/a.

with things panning out the way they did yesterday looks like the grand final is coming a week early..

are they the only team you didnt want to play ?
good luck mate big semi that one..:cool:

they are a very good side , as to us not wanting to pay st albans in the semi we dont care who we play last time we play them , we didnt have our 2 quicks our captain , wade so yes we are looking forward to it , they will have more presure on them to spend all that money and not win it would be disappointing for them ,

phil crea;389115 said:
just like to say ,we wont be going back to nb1 , is it possible to win flags with not spending big money , i will answer that in 5 weeks ,as for your cricket knowledge very poor

Does this mean that Centrals have already won the semi?

phil crea;389514 said:
they are a very good side , as to us not wanting to pay st albans in the semi we dont care who we play last time we play them , we didnt have our 2 quicks our captain , wade so yes we are looking forward to it , they will have more presure on them to spend all that money and not win it would be disappointing for them ,

as a club we know we are looking forward to it , after they said some bullshit allegations over our club , game on

phil crea;389519 said:
as a club we know we are looking forward to it , after they said some bullshit allegations over our club , game on

If results pan out the way they look right now it will be a WC and St A semi played at Werribee.
What sort of deck will you come up with Phil?
Will it be played on a hard bouncy deck with the 4 quality quicks going hard at it? Big Macca seems to come to life in the last couple of weeks so my suggestion might be a little optimistic......
Your call about St A spending coin is a good one - but I'm not sure to many of the players will think about that on game day.
Not sure why people are writing off either FU or the Valley though? Clearly the best 2 batting sides in the competition surely deserve a little respect????

would be some nervous players at Kingy Baptists

Flemington have won their protest over Seabrook which puts them within 9 points of Kingsville

With Flemington to play St Andrews an outright is on the cards for sure

Jacana play Kingsville which means the Baptists are well and truly under the hammer

parkcricketer;389594 said:
If results pan out the way they look right now it will be a WC and St A semi played at Werribee.
What sort of deck will you come up with Phil?
Will it be played on a hard bouncy deck with the 4 quality quicks going hard at it? Big Macca seems to come to life in the last couple of weeks so my suggestion might be a little optimistic......
Your call about St A spending coin is a good one - but I'm not sure to many of the players will think about that on game day.
Not sure why people are writing off either FU or the Valley though? Clearly the best 2 batting sides in the competition surely deserve a little respect????

has a club we respect everyone we come up against , but also we beleive we can beat every club in the comp , i cant comment on fu and valley because we wont play them in the semi , macca is a great bowler and i am sure he will bowl well in the semi , but i am sure our 2 opening bowlers are looking forward to it 2 , both district material and talking to them they cant wait , i am sure the winner of this game will win the big one so it should be a great game ,

PokaOKane;388938 said:
I agree, your criticism is largely honourable in that it's never directed at indivuals personally etc. And yes, you do give out the odd backhanded compliment, but that's not in question.

I'm drawing to light your belief that they are an "ordinary side which has simply overachieved in a severely weakened NTH A comp". In my opinion this is a team that (although you don't appear to rate or understand the contribution all 11 players make) is sitting atop the ladder in their division and looking ok to give it a good shake come finals. It doesn't make a great deal of sense from here that's all.

You got me, I have been down with the Valley a number of times over the last two seasons filling in space, currently I'm studying abroad so the only VTCA action I get is either through here or mycricket sadly.

Anyway, I'd like to think the finals should be a close tussle. I also think it's good WC have come through the season showing some grit after the slack they've copped around the place throughout- there's still an outside chance of a Nth B GF repeat?

Moonee Valley 3/112 Vs Footscray United 128

Well they keep winning and making a fool outta my comments about 'em, mind you that's not hard to do.

Good on 'em i say , for their sake i hope they clobber FUnited, are in a position to do so, dent united's confidence b4 the semis. Just shows you 3/404 against a bottom side last rnd and 128 all out next week, funny game cricket!

Again have seen many a time a repeat of rnd 11 in the semis and the result reversal. So if these two meet gain in the semis past victories are merely history, you gotta do it all over again.

i guess perrera, raj played? was the mycricket 1X1 team wrongly entered by MValley on friday, if so that's disappointing - pointless really?

He who knows best;389127 said:

Flemington have won their protest over Seabrook which puts them within 9 points of Kingsville

Jacana play Kingsville which means the Baptists are well and truly under the hammer

Couple of things here - jacana will find it difficult to beat KBs because they aren't playing at home. Secondly, I don't think flem are good enough to outright St Andrews.

Bring on the finals I say

phil crea;389596 said:
has a club we respect everyone we come up against , but also we beleive we can beat every club in the comp , i cant comment on fu and valley because we wont play them in the semi , macca is a great bowler and i am sure he will bowl well in the semi , but i am sure our 2 opening bowlers are looking forward to it 2 , both district material and talking to them they cant wait , i am sure the winner of this game will win the big one so it should be a great game ,

Not sure if St Albans should be concerned about this - but I noticed you didn't say anything about the deck Phil?
How has it played this year - and what will it do in the semi?

Cover_Drive;389132 said:
Couple of things here - jacana will find it difficult to beat KBs because they aren't playing at home. Secondly, I don't think flem are good enough to outright St Andrews.

Bring on the finals I say

mmm don't think this is correct

Flemington have won their last 3 now (2 were proper wins against Kingsville and St Andrews in a 1 day game)

I believe Flem have got a MAMMOTH chance to beat St Andrews outright

In reference to KB's they have lost at home to Abers last round, lost to Flemington the round before and Jacana the round before that....Flemington actually beat them prior to that as well....

their latest win was by 1 wicket against Abers in a 1 day game

certainly not a team inspiring confidence going into a last round game they must win nor a finals series if they get there...

parkcricketer;389619 said:
Not sure if St Albans should be concerned about this - but I noticed you didn't say anything about the deck Phil?
How has it played this year - and what will it do in the semi?

spinners track

Cover_Drive;389088 said:

Perara did ton up against Centrals in the 07/08 season.

Last season against Centrals, he hit scores of: 2, 33 and 0 in the grand final.
Of them three innings, he went out twice, with D. Taylor getting him both times.

Seems he doesnt like the medium pacers

Games pretty much going to plan in Nth B this weekend.

Flemington won't be able to beat St Andrews outright you wouldn't think so Kingy Baps should be safe in 4th, despite getting hit for nearly 350 at home by Jacana. The skipper got 190* there too. Good time to hit your straps.

Good tune up for Aberfeldie too with a whole day batting against the Roosters.

Top spot still not decided if Jacana can run through Kingy pretty quickly next Saturday they might chuck them back in to have a go at the outright. The difference between playing Aberfeldie and Kingy Baps in the semi final would be massive.

He who knows best;389127 said:

Flemington will not beat St Andrews outright in my opinion.

And Jacana should have no trouble knocking off Kingsville Baps.

Attention all cricketers looking to wind up the season on a big note come down to the Roosters if ur interested in free beer for 4-5 hours getting fed through out the day and possibly winning 4k were happy to have u spend the day with us bring ur 50 bucks gets a mate in as well theres only 200 tkts last man standing gets the Chocalates give away prises thru out the day as well always a Good Big day.
We are in 5th avenue Altona North brand new club room.Starts at 12noon 28th of February.
Hope to see some new faces down there.:D
Yes members from other clubs have won in the past!

He who knows best;389133 said:
mmm don't think this is correct

Flemington have won their last 3 now (2 were proper wins against Kingsville and St Andrews in a 1 day game)

I believe Flem have got a MAMMOTH chance to beat St Andrews outright

In reference to KB's they have lost at home to Abers last round, lost to Flemington the round before and Jacana the round before that....Flemington actually beat them prior to that as well....

their latest win was by 1 wicket against Abers in a 1 day game

certainly not a team inspiring confidence going into a last round game they must win nor a finals series if they get there...

Maybe you do know best lol

I knew that KB were floundering, but i didnt realise there was bearly a pulse...

I still maintain that St Andrews will be very tough to outright - they have an opening bowler that is capable of running through their often brittle batting. On the negative though, with the exception of O'Toole, their batting is only fair. O'Toole is a gun though - prob one of the best bats ive seen in a while in this grade - a little suspect early but if he gets in, good luck - right up there with Arosha

Great to see the spots are still up for grabs going in to the Semi

VTCA are looking to reduce the player points down from 54 to 48 next season. Fair to say there were quite a few clubs not happy with that last night. (It's not rocket science to work out which clubs they would be).
Other proposed changes included changing the finals to a double chance first up final of 1v2 (Winner to GF, loser to play winner of 3v4) and knockout 3v4.
It's fair to say the draw will be looked at again especially in Nth B where you play the same team twice b4 Xmas. More likely to spread that out over the season. Also interesting to hear there has been 4 clubs from 2 diff comps show an interest (only an interest at this stage) in looking at moving to VTCA next season. I won't say what comps but they are close to home.

Avondale Heights v Craigieburn
Both already relegated. 1 win between them.
Long break between drinks for at least one club or could they both somehow find a way to lose.
Both clubs would be eager to get over and done with this season, should be feeling pretty battered + bruised.
I dunno why but I am tipping Avondale again, have done that few times over the last few years but this season they have done my tipping & more importantly themselves no favours. On paper look better than Cragieburn but that aint saying much, however for them the danger is D Portou, a lot of batters have made big runs against Avondale attack this year so the way Portou bats if they don’t get him soon he could do anything.

Seddon v St Albans

St Albans should do it easy here, for them need a solid batting effort.
Need confidence with the bat b4 finals
Seddon were very ordinary last year have improved somewhat, Grant a good inclusion along with a few others.

Albion v Werribee Centrals

Centrals too good with the ball for Albion.
Edrich +Clutton outright could be on cards.
Like St Albans need more runs going into the semi.
Albion stay up to go around 1 more year in NTH A. Should thank the Avondale lads, what will they do next year. S Brne back again?

Moonee Valley v Footscray United

Funited, have a Band-Aid bowling attack that will eventually be their downfall in the finals.
Everyone bats in this side, suspect against quality quicks though, but batting is their strength.
I see MValley missing Perrera+ Raj that gives Funited a win here.

East Keilor v Taylors Lakes

Dunno the INS/OUTS here.
East keilor to finish off their best season in 3-4 years with a win.
TLakes have done well this year but a far cry from winning 3 flags in NWCA mats, needed G Gones,without his services would’ve battled it out with Albion,Avondale,Craigieburn for relegation. That’s not fair the way Avo + Cragieburn have gone everyone else was always safe in NTH A.

My finals standings
1. Funited
2. Mvalley
3. Wcentrals
4. St Albans

If this is how they end up after 11 rounds, then St Albans Vs Werribee grannie with St Albans Premiers.

St Albans would look to avoid Funited in the Semi though United have a very good record against them don't believe have lost to them in a couple of years atleast.

Snagglepuss;389830 said:
VTCA are looking to reduce the player points down from 54 to 48 next season. Fair to say there were quite a few clubs not happy with that last night. (It's not rocket science to work out which clubs they would be).
Other proposed changes included changing the finals to a double chance first up final of 1v2 (Winner to GF, loser to play winner of 3v4) and knockout 3v4.
It's fair to say the draw will be looked at again especially in Nth B where you play the same team twice b4 Xmas. More likely to spread that out over the season. Also interesting to hear there has been 4 clubs from 2 diff comps show an interest (only an interest at this stage) in looking at moving to VTCA next season. I won't say what comps but they are close to home.

wont affect our club ,if it is 48 points we still have 20 points to play with,again i state my case money doesnt buy premerships but blokes who are pretty tight and work for each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back