North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

EdgeOverSlips;403912 said:
Hadfield/Merlo perhaps Roger ????:D

Obviously if I comment on a club it would equate to my club joining the VTCA?? Pretty loooong bow my friend.:confused:

So what are peoples thoughts on north a this yr ?? who are the contenders and pre tenders at this stage of the yr ? crystal ball guesses?

Hoppers Crossing , most observers thought were unlucky to be relegated and rumour of big over seas recruit should see them contending strongly at the ned of the yr!

St Albans , spent big last yr and didnt quite hit the mark but must be favourites to push again , big strong bowling attack , will their batters improve enough ?

Tulla ? struggled last season and no real news at this stage word is may have lost a couple so may struggle again

Who else will have strong seasons ? who will be the best players in the division?

feel free to discuss if u can be bothered!!

tim darcy;404134 said:
So what are peoples thoughts on north a this yr ?? who are the contenders and pre tenders at this stage of the yr ? crystal ball guesses?

Hoppers Crossing , most observers thought were unlucky to be relegated and rumour of big over seas recruit should see them contending strongly at the ned of the yr!

St Albans , spent big last yr and didnt quite hit the mark but must be favourites to push again , big strong bowling attack , will their batters improve enough ?

Tulla ? struggled last season and no real news at this stage word is may have lost a couple so may struggle again

Who else will have strong seasons ? who will be the best players in the division?

feel free to discuss if u can be bothered!!

Hoppers if as a club they are fairdinkum, should be up there.

They did OK in NTH second half of the year but a very competitive grade saw 'em relegated.

St albans as everyone knows where are the runs going to come from, especially against strong top 2/3 sides, but they will contend.

I thought tulla may do OK, but you'r saying they lost a few?

Fellow finalists Footunited may be chasing overseas Srilankan recruits if they arrive then Foot united will challenge for finals, if no overseas recuits then thye may drop off and finish in the middle some where.

Matty Albers led NTH B champs Aber Park may go OK, if they retain their frontliners, may even be strong challengers for finals if they add a quality bat or two.

Other than that very little news from other clubs - how they fare may depend on CC or Pro players (overseas or o/w) they sign.

Not enough info filtering through this preseason to make any real prediction alot of unkowns. alot of teams that missed the finals are @ same level so 1 quality pro/recuit could see them move up the ladder.

CheeQuee;403963 said:
Cheers bozo, great to see the VTCA going from strength to strength with these new clubs getting on board.

Anyone with any info on how the two relegated teams Craigieburn & Avondale Heights will fare in Nth B this season? Any other player or coach appointments done yet.

Avondale were one of the worst Nth A sides in reccent memory.
Full of kids not ready and not passionate for a game of A grade cricket and the results showed last year. Unless there are massive attitude readjsutment @ that joint they mey struggle, i see they still haven't signed up a CC, they have been in the market for 1 for 3 years???

Probably even worst than the likes of Alberfeldie, Weeribee Centrals sides of past NTH A years.

Cragieburn laso had kids but were more competitive than Avondale. Alot will depend on Portou + their tall allrounder and 1/2 other senior players, if they retain all these then they'll go OK in NTH B.

Would be very interesting to see 1/2 new VTCA clubs entering NTH B Laverton + one more wait and see how strong they are.

ROY G BIV;404147 said:
Hoppers if as a club they are fairdinkum, should be up there.

They did OK in NTH second half of the year but a very competitive grade saw 'em relegated.

St albans as everyone knows where are the runs going to come from, especially against strong top 2/3 sides, but they will contend.

I thought tulla may do OK, but you'r saying they lost a few?

Fellow finalists Footunited may be chasing overseas Srilankan recruits if they arrive then Foot united will challenge for finals, if no overseas recuits then thye may drop off and finish in the middle some where.

Matty Albers led NTH B champs Aber Park may go OK, if they retain their frontliners, may even be strong challengers for finals if they add a quality bat or two.

Other than that very little news from other clubs - how they fare may depend on CC or Pro players (overseas or o/w) they sign.

Not enough info filtering through this preseason to make any real prediction alot of unkowns. alot of teams that missed the finals are @ same level so 1 quality pro/recuit could see them move up the ladder.

Intersting observations Roy... Cant disagree much -

St Albans seems ahead of the pack on paper but not the first time thats been said in recent years, so until it translates into performance lets not hand them the cup just yet....

Hoppers I dont know alot about but seem like a strong club (someone said they had 7 senior teams, should be able to find 11 hand players out of that lot) so no doubt will be keen to bounce back up....

We (FUCC) certainly need a strike bowler to help Nudge and TJ (& Shan lol) which we will get from Sri Lanka (same guy we had 2 years back is signed)... As long as visas are going through that wont be a problem and we hear other clubs have been successful so are wearily optimistic at this stage.. Otherwise all of last years team should be going around again and we werent far away, so hopefully will be there abouts come finals time again....

Of the others, I think Aber Park will probably round out the 4... 2 quality bowlers will win enough games, its just whether it wins the big ones that will define how successful their season is....

Dont suppose you want to identify yourself Roy so we can compare notes later in the year ?

North A mustnt be that much stronger than North B as unless Abers Park pick up a couple of quality bats, they wont be at the 4. Albers is the bowler to look out for whereas the tall quicker bowler bowls up and down. Block out Albers, make 150-200 and you should win. My opinion only of course. Would be good to get this fixture asap to get our social calendar sorted.

StAndrewsman;404223 said:
North A mustnt be that much stronger than North B as unless Abers Park pick up a couple of quality bats, they wont be at the 4. Albers is the bowler to look out for whereas the tall quicker bowler bowls up and down. Block out Albers, make 150-200 and you should win. My opinion only of course. Would be good to get this fixture asap to get our social calendar sorted.

How hard can it be?...back to the rooms for Jimmy's and Texas hold em, calender sorted!!:D:D

Can anyone enlighten us on the Tenth team to come into North B this year..

Laverton will make it interesting strong team already...

Interesting year in North b never a dull moment...

Has the tenth team fallen over at the Eleventh hour and as a result a bye will be created ...

The VTCA were very confident it was a mere formality for the 10th team to come in from MMVCA so I'd be surprised if it's fallen through. Always possible though I suppose. So the prospective clubs must be Merlynston Hadfield (who lost in the GF to Glenroy last yr), Glenroy who only left the VTCA a few years ago, Sunshine YCW who left a few yrs ago also but struggled last yr. I think I read somewhere that Barkly St Uniting Church is going over to the NWCA so it can't be them. Just having a guess and thats all it is, it'd say Merlynston Hadfield just given the other couple only just left a few yrs ago. I think M-H have got 5 teams as well so it would seem that it's certainly big enough to make a go of it.

Actually, hot off the presses from the Merlynston Hadfield website.
Important Club Meeting
28/07/2010

To all Players and Members,

There will be a meeting held at Martin Reserve, next Tuesday night, August 3 at 7pm. This meeting will be an open forum to discuss the possibility of moving our 1st & 2nd XI turf teams from the MMVCA to the VTCA for this upcoming season (2010/11).
At this meeting we will have Russell Pollock attending who is the Administrator of the VTCA who will answer any questions that you may have on the VTCA and the effects it will have on the club, now and for the future.
A decision on whether the club moves from the MMVCA to the VTCA will be made by the committee at the end of the night at our committee of management meeting.

So it's not over the line yet by the looks!!!

BigCoq;404231 said:
Can anyone enlighten us on the Tenth team to come into North B this year..

Laverton will make it interesting strong team already...

Interesting year in North b never a dull moment...

Has the tenth team fallen over at the Eleventh hour and as a result a bye will be created ...

Big Coq, you will find there will be 10 teams in B1 next year which will make for a very interesting season as there will be 4 new clubs from the previous year. I would think given Laverton having been talked up a little by a few and craigieburn finishing in the finals 2 years ago in North B it will be good for the comp. I would suspect a change of scene may help Avondale heights and the team entering the comp finished in the finals race in their comp similar to Laverton. Very interesting times ahead, maybe a couple of teams that felt they were maybe in the mix this year after last may not find it that way!

Interesting that Merlo are looking to enter VTCA when they did not win the flag in their own comp last year? Wonder how all that came about?

Howla;404385 said:
Interesting that Merlo are looking to enter VTCA when they did not win the flag in their own comp last year? Wonder how all that came about?

Not sure of your point! The club would be making a decison based on what's best for the club and it's members. Merlo have a very strong junior program and in last years grand final there was 6 kids under 21. I think it's a strong decision by the club to move comps and set up the future of the club not for the players that are at the end of their careers but for the kids that are coming through. I think if the club is successful it should be able to move through the grades and play a better standard of cricket rather than being a big fish in a small pond. Knowing the club and the character of the players I think they will make a very good fist of playing in the VTCA for many years to come, and I'm sure they are looking forward to the new challenge.

Guru14;404695 said:
Not sure of your point! The club would be making a decison based on what's best for the club and it's members. Merlo have a very strong junior program and in last years grand final there was 6 kids under 21. I think it's a strong decision by the club to move comps and set up the future of the club not for the players that are at the end of their careers but for the kids that are coming through. I think if the club is successful it should be able to move through the grades and play a better standard of cricket rather than being a big fish in a small pond. Knowing the club and the character of the players I think they will make a very good fist of playing in the VTCA for many years to come, and I'm sure they are looking forward to the new challenge.
So it's true?? If so great for them, but not sure how the selection came about that's all. Be great to know if they approached Merlo or the other way around. But all the best to them if true..

Howla;404697 said:
So it's true?? If so great for them, but not sure how the selection came about that's all. Be great to know if they approached Merlo or the other way around. But all the best to them if true..

Not sure if the VTCA appraoch anyone do they Howla??

Mate I have no idea - hence why I am asking the question. If you know just let us know

Hey guys ! good discussion on the chances of teams for the up coming season.

How do clubs go about getting their international players ? is there agents around ? Who are they? anyone have details ? my club is considering the prospect to try and be more competitve !

Who do the sri lankan players go thru ? cheers

it seems that Merlo coming in is a done deal ...the VTCA have a welcoming note on the website...that makes ten sides in North b..we look forward to playing the two new teams and having a froffy or two after the game with them as well. Our new coach spoke to the committee for the first time last night and he spoke very well...i reckon you might see a more switched on Roosters outfit this season. Our first training run this Monday will be very interesting!! ;)

Guru14;404695 said:

Now come on Guru, don't u mean "you" are looking forward to the challenge? I wish all of us could re-invent ourselves with the ball.
It's good to see Merlo coming in. Should make for an interesting Nth B. Almost unrecognisable with the new clubs - St.Andrews, Roosters along with Kingy Baps back and now Lavy and Merlo. Add to that Craigieburn and Avondale back down, all makes for an exciting season where no one is sure who will be amongst it.

Back