North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

you will never get an even draw last yr was as close as possible but when weather comes into its bad luck. If the AFL cant get an even one then what hope do we have

I think you'll find that the VMCU were the one's responsible for the season finishing with two one day games. They are the ones who set the playing dates, but being new to this comp, I'm unaware whether the VTCA has always followed the dates set by the VMCU in the past.

I think the draw is pretty much as good as it can be. Im reading some people are worried about having One-dayers in the lead up to finals not being good enough preparation but it's the same for everyone and in finals the lucky teams (if any) will get found out pretty quickly.

One interesting scenario i noticed is in Rounds 4 and 9 (both two-dayers). St Andrews play Kingy Baps at home in both rounds and Seabrook also play Avondale Heights at home twice.
Seems strange they wouldn't reverse the home teams for these games like they have with all the other matches in that round?

Otherwise can't fault it.

CheeQuee;405080 said:
I think the draw is pretty much as good as it can be. Im reading some people are worried about having One-dayers in the lead up to finals not being good enough preparation but it's the same for everyone and in finals the lucky teams (if any) will get found out pretty quickly.

One interesting scenario i noticed is in Rounds 4 and 9 (both two-dayers). St Andrews play Kingy Baps at home in both rounds and Seabrook also play Avondale Heights at home twice.
Seems strange they wouldn't reverse the home teams for these games like they have with all the other matches in that round?

Otherwise can't fault it.

I think rounds 4 and 9 are the same. What I can fault with it is that we play Kingy and Seabrook twice in 2 dayers, and play Lavo in the last round as a one dayer. I think rounds 9 and 11 should be switched. I rekon that at least the first week of games will be called off so 1st round at least 1 dayer, but id rather play lavo in a two dayer and play kingy in a one and a two dayer. They wont reverse us against kingy as kingy already have 6 out of 11 home games. Id rather play them away as it will mean less travel for me lol.

bomber27;405077 said:
I think you'll find that the VMCU were the one's responsible for the season finishing with two one day games. They are the ones who set the playing dates, but being new to this comp, I'm unaware whether the VTCA has always followed the dates set by the VMCU in the past.
The VTCA follows the VMCU draw as it helps with ground sharing, the only comp that doesn't is the Mercantile which is social cricket.

Now with Parkville pulling out and sides having to move up comps, who are your tips to move from Nth A and Nth B up the grade?
St.Albans or Hoppers would have to be the logical choice from Nth A you would think.
Aberfeldie are next cab off the rank from Nth B I suppose but with so many new teams, who knows who the association might go for. Would all teams want to be going up?

I hope Craigeburn go up...
I hope there is no bye as well...
Maybe King go up if you read Bakes posts they will be chocka block full with ex Yarraville Club players Kaching!!!

Hey guys first training has passed gee I'm still sore two days on, must be getting old. I'm so pumped for round one, our club (the roosters) in there second year in the vtca, now we know the level and what to expect, also great to see new teams come in that's another reason why I like this comp always playing at new grounds and against new clubs, pitty parkville pulled out hope there's no bye maybe there's another new club that will join this week that would solve a few issues, best of luck to parkville though. Good luck to everyone for pre season, watch out for the roosters though we're coming hard this year. What do you blokes think will happen with parkville pulling out? Vtca have to write up a new fixture what a prick

Snagglepuss;405215 said:
Now with Parkville pulling out and sides having to move up comps, who are your tips to move from Nth A and Nth B up the grade?
St.Albans or Hoppers would have to be the logical choice from Nth A you would think.
Aberfeldie are next cab off the rank from Nth B I suppose but with so many new teams, who knows who the association might go for. Would all teams want to be going up?

Yes, Hoppers probably first choice then St Albans dunno if others may be interested.

From NTH B New clubs may have a case and could get the nod.

I hope it's not Aberfeldie.Nothing against the club and it's true they were the 2/3rd best side from last season BUT they had so many reprieves in NTH A before, when on more than once occasion they were relgated (finished in relegation possies) by but never sent back to NTH B.

I know there were some new teams coming/departing VTCA and that was used as an excuse to keep them in NTH A but they were damn lucky and if they are to be promoted they ought to do it right and not by default.

Hey Gents any news on Parkville district? and on the up coming season fixtures?

Gee isnt this rain awesome for the tables and grounds, hopefully we get our rain early and dont miss out on round one as usual.

latecut99;405570 said:

Gee isnt this rain awesome for the tables and grounds, hopefully we get our rain early and dont miss out on round one as usual.

Hope they change the fixtures, dont wanna play craigeburn away lol. We won't play at least first week, maybe even whole of first round as usual. Yeah we got rain but the pitches won't come up

dont say that lol, fixtures are perfect as well we play craigieburn at home, coz of all the rain about grounds will be chopped up due to footy also, will be interesting hopefully somebody has some inside info to what goin on

latecut99;405570 said:

The news with Parkdale is that their gone to play social cricket in the MCA

Abers are up to Nth A and Hoppers move up to Nth Divi.
Probably no surprise there really is there?

WTF!;405667 said:
Abers are up to Nth A and Hoppers move up to Nth Divi.
Probably no surprise there really is there?

no shock there.. have they played finals in north a at all?

you would think maybe cragiburn would come up, surely they wernt that bad last season.. albion didnt do much better to warrant a place in north a..

Aber up?

Now is this mob playing by the same rules here.

Seasons where they finished in NTH A relegation spots but never actually got relegated and now weren't even good enough to make the Grannie in NTH B and get promoted up a grade.

Lucky $%#$#.

Having said that Cragieburn and Avo were shocking last year both didn't deserve to go up.

So if you think about it no many options except probably to promote one of the new clubs but seems VTCA want the newbies to earn their spot in higher grades - Too bad same doesn't apply to Aberfeldie.

ROY G BIV;405674 said:
Aber up?

Seasons where they finished in NTH A relegation spots but never actually got relegated and now weren't even good enough to make the Grannie in NTH B and get promoted up a grade.

Lucky $%#$#.

Having said that Cragieburn and Avo were shocking last year both didn't deserve to go up.

So if you think about it no many options except probably to promote one of the new clubs but seems VTCA want the newbies to earn their spot in higher grades - Too bad same doesn't apply to Aberfeldie.

I think all new teams should start from the bottom and work their way up, us and Roosters have to improve to get promoted. Kingy was a bit unfortunate but Aberfeldie did finish 3rd, so might as well go up. Hopefully with that, they can change that fixture. Maybe another team might come in????

ROY G BIV;405674 said:
Aber up?

Lucky $%#$#.

I think ur a bit harsh on us mate. Yes we should've been relegated twice but for different reasons they chose not to. In those years we did push some of the top sides including greenvale right to the limit. Just need to find some consistent form and we will be ok. Last year we were the only team to beat Aber park and our two's didn’t lose a game and won every 2 dayer outright. SO things have started to turn around with the leadership that Ingleton, Shan’s and Nyhus are giving the club has made a big difference. So hopefully we will put in a much improved performance in Nth A this year and with a bit of luck push for a finals berth

Back