North A And B

Don't worry lads irrelevant Of the rain, there would be play as long as it doesn't rain between 1.00-6.30 on Saturday our curators on the forum have given the nod!!!! Rite (slow medium)??
Covers provided to VTCA clubs(nthA) are by cricket Australia!!!!! People forget guys the covers Vtca clubs have got do jack s**t apart from st albans.
every club needs a Lindsay fox.... Chopper

Drizzle on THURSDAY.
Little rain on FRIDAY with maximum of 23 so not enough to dry.
RAIN developing ON SATURDAY with 23 maximum CHEERS MAKE UP URSELF ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE
and I think it has rained plenty tilL NOW that it won't be dry enough to get on wickets to stand on them forget rolling them...... Yipppie what does that say good bye cricket season, started wet......finishing wet.....
Saying that pretty dry forecast for semis so good luck whoever is there.
What a worry wart. Can you wait for the sheila to get her knickers off or do you just blow in your pants?

think what came down last night and this morning finishes off most grounds chances now
without any major breaks for sunshine or heat thru to Saturday you would think it's slim to none chance of getting on at most grounds

You were the idiot that first started telling people wickets cant be prepared if it rains on mon/tues.

Anyway - fingers crossed for high winds and no rain tomorrow.......

With the rain we had early in the week and overnight, showers Friday plus 15-25mm forecast for Saturday, the VTCA should call it off Friday night or Sat morning to save everyone wasting time having to report to Grounds.
It is a crap way to finish the h&a season and you do feel for teams putting their hopes on the last result to make finals/avoid relegation but the fact will be they left their run too late.

With the rain we had early in the week and overnight, showers Friday plus 15-25mm forecast for Saturday, the VTCA should call it off Friday night or Sat morning to save everyone wasting time having to report to Grounds.
It is a crap way to finish the h&a season and you do feel for teams putting their hopes on the last result to make finals/avoid relegation but the fact will be they left their run too late.
I think it will be report to grounds on Saturday. I assume a few clubs would have functions on as well

15 yrs experience curator counts for nothing when it rains!!! I have got 15 mins experience but I would still take ur word as u said wickets were prepared last week???

Im tipping not many clubs have been able to get on their wicket.
We are no chance...
Vtca should call it off now save everyone some grief.
I feel sorry for those clubs that were relying on this week to decide there finals chances.

We are no chance...
I feel sorry for those clubs that were relying on this week to decide there finals chances.
Exactly the reason why they should make it report to ground. Grief would be felt if a club needing to win gets a wicket up and can't play out the last day because the VTCA has called it off. Clubs who put time and effort into getting a wicket up should not be, pardon the pun, left high and dry. It pisses me off when the easy way to call it off is taken. Especially the last round of the year. I am sure that it will be report to grounds. And I doubt we will get a wicket up at Spotty, but i am sure if we can we will.

Exactly the reason why they should make it report to ground. Grief would be felt if a club needing to win gets a wicket up and can't play out the last day because the VTCA has called it off. Clubs who put time and effort into getting a wicket up should not be, pardon the pun, left high and dry. It pisses me off when the easy way to call it off is taken. Especially the last round of the year. I am sure that it will be report to grounds. And I doubt we will get a wicket up at Spotty, but i am sure if we can we will.
VTCA always try and have report to grounds 2nd week to allow games to finish. Its about trying to maximise cricket being played. The more washouts and cancellations, the more chance councils will convert turf grounds to synthetic as its less maintenance. Might not be fair at times for clubs that are no hope of getting on, but even if it means only two games get up, at least those guys get to play cricket.

We are no chance...
Those that want an early answer should call the host club now and find out what chance you have of getting on. That way you save the grief, while others try and get a game going.

Fair point. If a club can produce a wicket then by all means go for it but i will be surprised to see play start at most grounds.
Even the best curators would have to be working their preverbials off to get a game up. This week would have require 100% 24 hr dedication to the wicket. Best of luck to all.

We are no chance...

You are right about the VTCA but we both know they won't!!
It will be go to grounds and the pressure will be put on umpires to make decisions as opposing captains disagree on playing because of where they are placed on the ladder or if they are batting or bowling!! Doubt Centrals will get on, Taylor's lakes is wet, haven't heard about EK or Aberfeldie

You are right about the VTCA but we both know they won't!!
It will be go to grounds and the pressure will be put on umpires to make decisions as opposing captains disagree on playing because of where they are placed on the ladder or if they are batting or bowling!! Doubt Centrals will get on, Taylor's lakes is wet, haven't heard about EK or Aberfeldie

Abers should b right. It is being rolled as we speak

Back