North A And B

I doubt another club would chase Pascu he definately seems well past his best. Bowling way too short!! Maybe a friend and him together might be appealing but it doesn't seem abers park don't have anyone of value except Albers.

Anyone know how bad Jonesy's injury is??

Also can anyone confirm if swallow is going home before the finals??

He is NOT going home before the finals!!

What a round!!
Can someone please explain what happened at Laverton today??
Why would Laverton declare at 6/16 with only 8 overs left in the day??
Something not quite right there!!

Moonee Valley just fell in which makes next weeks game against Aberfeldie a cracker for 4th place!!

East Keilor got it done against Jacana all but guaranteeing them 3rd spot given the fact that they play Aberfeldie Park next week!! Looks like their batsmen have fired again!!

What a round!!
Can someone please explain what happened at Laverton today??
Why would Laverton declare at 6/16 with only 8 overs left in the day??
Something not quite right there!!

Moonee Valley just fell in which makes next weeks game against Aberfeldie a cracker for 4th place!!

East Keilor got it done against Jacana all but guaranteeing them 3rd spot given the fact that they play Aberfeldie Park next week!! Looks like their batsmen have fired again!!

I was there at laverton and I cant even explain what happened lol.

At the start of the day Keenan & Delaney added another 17 runs to set 169

On the 1st Innings at one stage TL were 3/92 and looking like they would cruise to the target then entered Shaun Delaney & Charlie Swallow (with the ball!). TL lost 7/20 including the last 5 wickets for 1 run to be all out for 112

Laverton 2nd innings, dont take any notice of!!

The Target set was 74 in 7 overs and going by the way TL batted in the 1st innings (Slow and Dead-Set would put you in a coma!), I really didnt think that TL would go for it hammer and tongs though! Ill just say it must have been a "Sporting Declaration!"

But it made for an exciting finish!!

On a rule change I was thinking about, Bonus Points should only be awarded for 1st Innings play. What do you all think? (Just cuts out all the bulls**t at the end of the day)

I think a sporting declaration is a funny way of putting it!!
To me it looks like Laverton were trying to give Taylors Lakes an opportunity to stay in the finals race. Why else would they declare because they were never going to bowl Taylors Lakes out in 8 overs and they definately don't need the bonus points so it absolutely stinks to me!!! This is why the VTCA should do something about the bonus points system.

I think a sporting declaration is a funny way of putting it!!
To me it looks like Laverton were trying to give Taylors Lakes an opportunity to stay in the finals race. Why else would they declare because they were never going to bowl Taylors Lakes out in 8 overs and they definately don't need the bonus points so it absolutely stinks to me!!! This is why the VTCA should do something about the bonus points system.

I agree. I am sure that lavo would rather play taylors than mv or abers. it is disgrace and something must be done. lavo had nothing to gain by declaring and I hope that whoever they play in the finals knocks them off and they cop there right whack

I was there at laverton and I cant even explain what happened lol.

At the start of the day Keenan & Delaney added another 17 runs to set 169

On the 1st Innings at one stage TL were 3/92 and looking like they would cruise to the target then entered Shaun Delaney & Charlie Swallow (with the ball!). TL lost 7/20 including the last 5 wickets for 1 run to be all out for 112

Laverton 2nd innings, dont take any notice of!!

The Target set was 74 in 7 overs and going by the way TL batted in the 1st innings (Slow and Dead-Set would put you in a coma!), I really didnt think that TL would go for it hammer and tongs though! Ill just say it must have been a "Sporting Declaration!"

But it made for an exciting finish!!

On a rule change I was thinking about, Bonus Points should only be awarded for 1st Innings play. What do you all think? (Just cuts out all the bulls**t at the end of the day)

Get rid of the bonus points all together. it makes it fair for all the teams nd doesnt matter if you play on a big ground or small ground because there will be no extra points

Jacana was a dissapointment, East Keilor and Aberfeldie are the teams in form. East Keilors rise comes straight from the Captain Brodie scoring runs every week if he fails are they good enough ? Aberfelide seem to be bowling teams out cheaply every week I said a fe weeks ago they were the team with the good draw if results go there way. They have a very good spin attack was told that Shannahan has opened the bowling since Xmas and it looks to be working for them

the final round games that decide the top 4 will be

Aberfeldie v MV 5th vs 4th at Aberfeldie
winner of this should be assured of a finals spot
EKeilor v AberPark 3rd vs 8th at EK
could AberPark's bowlers cause an upset by getting Brodie cheaply otherwise another outright chance
Taylors Lakes v Jacana 6th vs 8th at TL
based on where they both are an outright result will be required after the Laverton V TL game it will be a forgone conclusion that something will happen

I see it was reduced overs at Jacana so it must of been rain affected but even still east keilor seemed to of done it pretty easy!!
At Xmas time could anyone of predicted that anyone would get near swallow in total runs but for Brodie to not only catch him but pass him!! He is just killing them and surely will cause the top 2 teams trouble in the finals!!
You've just got to wonder what happens if they get him out though??

The moonee valley Aberfeldie game looks like a cracker doesn't it?? Winner probably plays Laverton who should be embarrased with what took place at their ground on Saturday!! Just wonder if the VTCA will investigate??

St Albans are just cruising along waiting for the big dance to start!!!

Looks like the loser of Taylor's lakes and Jacana will be relegated which will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Taylor's lakes could go from 3rd to West b1 amazingly!!!

Interesting round coming up....

I see it was reduced overs at Jacana so it must of been rain affected but even still east keilor seemed to of done it pretty easy!!
At Xmas time could anyone of predicted that anyone would get near swallow in total runs but for Brodie to not only catch him but pass him!! He is just killing them and surely will cause the top 2 teams trouble in the finals!!
You've just got to wonder what happens if they get him out though??

The moonee valley Aberfeldie game looks like a cracker doesn't it?? Winner probably plays Laverton who should be embarrased with what took place at their ground on Saturday!! Just wonder if the VTCA will investigate??

St Albans are just cruising along waiting for the big dance to start!!!

Looks like the loser of Taylor's lakes and Jacana will be relegated which will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Taylor's lakes could go from 3rd to West b1 amazingly!!!

Interesting round coming up....

Ive got no idea what the VTCA have to investigate. I was there and in respect of the "Interesting Call" nothing took place which would be against VTCA rules.

One thing that should happen is no bonus points for 2nd innings play!! Its just crap and should have no bearing on someone either making the finals, missing the finals or even getting relegated!!!

All matches are more or less decided on 1st innings play and the bonus points need to reflect this better.

It was an interesting call that was made to declare with 7 overs to go of which I have no idea what the plan was behind it, was a decision which nearly backfired on us in the end, BUT it didnt happen so nothing to worry about!

I agree the Abers-MV game looks to be the match of the last round but it looks to be a winner plays us in the semi final, but dont forget about Taylors Lakes who play Jacana. They are still in with a chance to get back into the Top 4 to have another crack at us.

In North A2 our match against Werribee Centrals looks to be the match of the round in that grade. Our 2nd XI after getting off to a slow start have been progressing up the ladder including having wins against St. Albans and Taylors Lakes are looking to get another win against another finals team. It would be great for them to go into the finals having beaten every other finals team during the season.

To all teams already in the finals or in finals contention in both North A1 & A2, West B1 & B2, Good luck for the upcoming round.

BGRADE ACTOR against the sides in the mix for the finals that you have played who would be your main dangers ? through the year you have played them as follows

EK you beat easily scoring 270+ with EK only 170 odd
MV you beat easily in a 1 day game getting 220 to there 171
Abers you beat not so easy in a 1 day game getting 127 off 40 vs there 120 off the same
TL you won last round in an interesting game

my thoughts out of all of them and with your batting strengths Aberfedlie would be the main danger with their bowling being the best out of those teams. would be the battle of the spinners in the semi with Obrian against the Aber spin attack

Swallow not the best player against spin as I have doubt over him against quality spinner!!
What I can gather, abers got two quality spinners( shannan & LANKAN) and MV also got a quality spinner (import) & probably a quality quick (import again).

Apart from ABERS & MV, laverton would love to play anyone else in semi but unfortunately it would be one of those two teams. Good luck laverton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice try to help TL but went in vain.

VTCA WOULD BE KEEPING A VERY CLOSE EYE GIVEN WHAT HAPPENED IN LAVERTON & TL GAME, ANY SUSPICOUS RESULT WOULD BE MONITORED AS TEAMS ARE SO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER IN MAKING FINALS OR GETTING RELEGATED!!!!!

BGRADE ACTOR against the sides in the mix for the finals that you have played who would be your main dangers ? through the year you have played them as follows

Abers you beat not so easy in a 1 day game getting 127 off 40 vs there 120 off the same

my thoughts out of all of them and with your batting strengths Aberfedlie would be the main danger with their bowling being the best out of those teams. would be the battle of the spinners in the semi with Obrian against the Aber spin attack

It's interesting how everybody on here rate Aberfeldie. Personally I think they battle and are not a worthy finalist if they do in fact get there. MV are the movers, one player has obviously made a massive difference since Christmas. If they get there and they should it will an interesting game vs St.Albans or Laverton.

Taylors Lakes are the interesting ones if they do get in. Pushed the unbeaten Laverton on the wekend until the collapse and were missing three players, Markham, Barletta and Wakeling who you would imagine would all walk straight back in if they are fit. Does anyone know why these three are'nt playing? Any news on Jonesy's injury. Did he bat with a runner on the weekend? Will he play this weekend?

Another interesting one is the Moonee Valley v Taylors Lakes game. Only 147 overs played for the game. What happened to the other 13? I remember both of these days being quite warm so it couldn't have been rain affected. Will this hurt one of the two teams come the final make up of the four?

It looks more and more likely like a St.Albans v Laverton GF, but they will be feeling the pressure I believe. There are probably three sides who could take it right up to them on semi Final day if they are on.

It's interesting how everybody on here rate Aberfeldie. Personally I think they battle and are not a worthy finalist if they do in fact get there. MV are the movers, one player has obviously made a massive difference since Christmas. If they get there and they should it will an interesting game vs St.Albans or Laverton.

Taylors Lakes are the interesting ones if they do get in. Pushed the unbeaten Laverton on the wekend until the collapse and were missing three players, Markham, Barletta and Wakeling who you would imagine would all walk straight back in if they are fit. Does anyone know why these three are'nt playing? Any news on Jonesy's injury. Did he bat with a runner on the weekend? Will he play this weekend?

Another interesting one is the Moonee Valley v Taylors Lakes game. Only 147 overs played for the game. What happened to the other 13? I remember both of these days being quite warm so it couldn't have been rain affected. Will this hurt one of the two teams come the final make up of the four?

It looks more and more likely like a St.Albans v Laverton GF, but they will be feeling the pressure I believe. There are probably three sides who could take it right up to them on semi Final day if they are on.

regarding Aberfldie Im outside of the club but hear a fair but about them through soem close contacts I have and they are very excited and bullish about there chances,I was told recently they were washed out in 2 earlier games this season when in winning positions once against MV when they were 280+ with overs to still bat the second week but it was washed out, then against WC they bowled them for 105 and were 0/20 in reply when washed out so if they play even one of those games out and win they are well in the 4

they recruited heavily with Gray from Doutta Stars plus 2 Sri Lankans coming into the side, which helps there batting
Shannahan the spinner is getting close to 4 wickets every week and sits behind only Clutton and Obrain wickets wise while the Sri Lankan has been bowling well in tandem with him. people seem to forget they were in the 4 in Nth A most of last year before dropping the last cpuple of games and just missign out of the finals

Abers have also pushed during the seaosn both St Albans (Sri Lankan made a 100 and Shannahan got 6/40 in that game) and they pushed Laverton in a 1day game too Shannahan and the Sri Lankan both took in that game)

compared to some other clubs I would say they are the wildcard as they come from a different place with the reliance on slow bowlers something which suits most of the VTCA wickets and they keep bowling sides out for fairly low scores

Lots of ifs and buts!!! They took them on, gave them the run, got washed out blah blah blah!!! Have come down to last round, if couple of people get up for any one side whether that's anyone's import bowler or bat or abers spinner Can take their respective side a long way but if they struggle at key moments i.e. key pressure game whole year won't count for anything. Good luck to all those who have done well so far, if you fail to deliver now, won't count for s***.

Good luck!!!!!!! Pressure IS ONNNNN

YOU PICKS PLS
ABERS vs MV
TL vs JACANA
ST. ALBANS vs FLEMINGTON
EK vs ABER PARK
WB vs LAVERTON?????

Ive got no idea what the VTCA have to investigate. I was there and in respect of the "Interesting Call" nothing took place which would be against VTCA rules.

One thing that should happen is no bonus points for 2nd innings play!! Its just crap and should have no bearing on someone either making the finals, missing the finals or even getting relegated!!!

All matches are more or less decided on 1st innings play and the bonus points need to reflect this better.

It was an interesting call that was made to declare with 7 overs to go of which I have no idea what the plan was behind it, was a decision which nearly backfired on us in the end, BUT it didnt happen so nothing to worry about!

I agree the Abers-MV game looks to be the match of the last round but it looks to be a winner plays us in the semi final, but dont forget about Taylors Lakes who play Jacana. They are still in with a chance to get back into the Top 4 to have another crack at us.

In North A2 our match against Werribee Centrals looks to be the match of the round in that grade. Our 2nd XI after getting off to a slow start have been progressing up the ladder including having wins against St. Albans and Taylors Lakes are looking to get another win against another finals team. It would be great for them to go into the finals having beaten every other finals team during the season.

To all teams already in the finals or in finals contention in both North A1 & A2, West B1 & B2, Good luck for the upcoming round.

I'm sure when the paki bowlers bowled some no balls people thought there was nothing to investigate.

Swallow not the best player against spin as I have doubt over him against quality spinner!!
What I can gather, abers got two quality spinners( shannan & LANKAN) and MV also got a quality spinner (import) & probably a quality quick (import again).

Apart from ABERS & MV, laverton would love to play anyone else in semi but unfortunately it would be one of those two teams. Good luck laverton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice try to help TL but went in vain.

VTCA WOULD BE KEEPING A VERY CLOSE EYE GIVEN WHAT HAPPENED IN LAVERTON & TL GAME, ANY SUSPICOUS RESULT WOULD BE MONITORED AS TEAMS ARE SO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER IN MAKING FINALS OR GETTING RELEGATED!!!!!

Laverton will be happy to play whoever finishes in 4th spot, whether its abers, MV or TL.

What was suspicious about the Laverton-TL game that has everybody talking, its quite easy to assume something by looking at a scorecard but unless you were there you wouldnt have known exactly what happened. I agree the call to send TL back in with 7 overs with a lead of 70 odd was a bit strange but im sure the Laverton Captain had his reasons for doing it (and it wouldnt be to purposely lose the game!!). Who would have thought TL would throw the kitchen sink at it and nearly win outright after how they batted in the 1st innings.

1. East Keilor: Made 174, Brodie made 65 and Ruberto 39 on the day we played them, rest werent much chop. Arrowsmith very good bowler.

2. MV: Swallow and Logan got us out of a sticky spot when we were 3/8. Quite simply we didnt bowl well enough on the day and we let them get to 9/171. MV Middle order quite good

3. Abers: Probably on par with St. Albans with the worst pitch this year, made batting very difficult. Very good spinners, especially shanahan who on the day was turning balls almost square.

4. TL: Middle order very good but very boring to watch, need to realise that were not playing a test match, almost made me fall into a deep sleep. Did not want to play O'Brien at all. 2nd innings dont take any notice of it at all!

Just a quick mention on that North A2 game, both sides look to be in ripping form and must have the top 2 shaking in their boots... Good to see Werribee Centrals have a team up and firing at the right time of the year considering the year they have had in their first XI. May almost be a GF preview?

Laverton will be happy to play whoever finishes in 4th spot, whether its abers, MV or TL.

What was suspicious about the Laverton-TL game that has everybody talking, its quite easy to assume something by looking at a scorecard but unless you were there you wouldnt have known exactly what happened. I agree the call to send TL back in with 7 overs with a lead of 70 odd was a bit strange but im sure the Laverton Captain had his reasons for doing it (and it wouldnt be to purposely lose the game!!). Who would have thought TL would throw the kitchen sink at it and nearly win outright after how they batted in the 1st innings.

1. East Keilor: Made 174, Brodie made 65 and Ruberto 39 on the day we played them, rest werent much chop. Arrowsmith very good bowler.

2. MV: Swallow and Logan got us out of a sticky spot when we were 3/8. Quite simply we didnt bowl well enough on the day and we let them get to 9/171. MV Middle order quite good

3. Abers: Probably on par with St. Albans with the worst pitch this year, made batting very difficult. Very good spinners, especially shanahan who on the day was turning balls almost square.

4. TL: Middle order very good but very boring to watch, need to realise that were not playing a test match, almost made me fall into a deep sleep. Did not want to play O'Brien at all. 2nd innings dont take any notice of it at all!

Yeah everyone does seem to rate Aberfeldie on here but I suppose the proof will be this week won't it?? Win and they will play finals and lose there is a chance they could be relegated which is unbelievable!!
Surely there will be funny buggers played at Taylors Lakes this week with the loser being relegated and only an outright win being good enough to get into the finals so surely bonus points a plenty there!!
I wonder what will happen at East Keilor with Aberfeldie Park facing relegation if they lose and East Keilor probably only needing a win to finish in the 4!!
St Albans and Laverton may aswell reverse their orders as they seem to be playing for nothing!!

Any predictions for the 1st week of the finals????

Yeah everyone does seem to rate Aberfeldie on here but I suppose the proof will be this week won't it?? Win and they will play finals and lose there is a chance they could be relegated which is unbelievable!!
Surely there will be funny buggers played at Taylors Lakes this week with the loser being relegated and only an outright win being good enough to get into the finals so surely bonus points a plenty there!!
I wonder what will happen at East Keilor with Aberfeldie Park facing relegation if they lose and East Keilor probably only needing a win to finish in the 4!!
St Albans and Laverton may aswell reverse their orders as they seem to be playing for nothing!!

Any predictions for the 1st week of the finals????
i will have ago at it...

st albans v flem , 2nd v 9th .. st albans win
taylors lakes v jacana , 6th v 8th .. jacana
w/centrals v laverton , 10th v 1st .. laverton ( just )
aberfeldie v m/valley , 5th v 4th .. m/valley just..( who ever wins is the team to knock out laverton )
east keilor v aberfeldie , 3rd v 7th .. east keilor

ladder should look like this ..
1. laverton 112 ish
2. st albans 101 ish
3. e/keilor 81 ish
4. m/valley 78 ish
``````````````
5. aberfeldie 69 ish
6. jacana 68 ish
````````````````
7. t/lakes 67ish
8. a/park 64 ish
9. flem 47 ish
10. w/centrals 42ish

very tight ... t/lakes and a/park were 3rd and 4th 3 games ago and are now on there way back to " b grade "

thats my guess !!
good luck to all this weekend may the best team win

i will have ago at it...

st albans v flem , 2nd v 9th .. st albans win
taylors lakes v jacana , 6th v 8th .. jacana
w/centrals v laverton , 10th v 1st .. laverton ( just )
aberfeldie v m/valley , 5th v 4th .. m/valley just..( who ever wins is the team to knock out laverton )
east keilor v aberfeldie , 3rd v 7th .. east keilor

ladder should look like this ..
1. laverton 112 ish
2. st albans 101 ish
3. e/keilor 81 ish
4. m/valley 78 ish
``````````````
5. aberfeldie 69 ish
6. jacana 68 ish
````````````````
7. t/lakes 67ish
8. a/park 64 ish
9. flem 47 ish
10. w/centrals 42ish

very tight ... t/lakes and a/park were 3rd and 4th 3 games ago and are now on there way back to " b grade "

thats my guess !!
good luck to all this weekend may the best team win

I agree with most of your predictions.
Not sure about your prediction of jacana beating Taylor's lakes though!!
I reckon at home and with it all to play for Taylor's lakes should get the win they need to stay up.
I agree that mooney valley should beat abers but not sure their new import can rip through Laverton in the semi!!
Assuming East Keilor get past Abers Park this match can they threaten St Albans at all?? Can St Albans finally get a return on all the money they have spent over the years and get promoted up to North division?? That will be interesting viewing especially if they are chasing some sort of score on the second day!!!

Back