North A And B

So does Laverton just romp away with the flag or is there a twist just around the corner?
Does East Keilor have the bowling stocks to knock over Swallow and the rest of the top order?
Can Laverton led by O'brien knock over Brodie and the rest like they did earlier in the year??
I just think Laverton has too much depth with bat and ball and will win easily!!
Your thoughts??

So does Laverton just romp away with the flag or is there a twist just around the corner?
Does East Keilor have the bowling stocks to knock over Swallow and the rest of the top order?
Can Laverton led by O'brien knock over Brodie and the rest like they did earlier in the year??
I just think Laverton has too much depth with bat and ball and will win easily!!
Your thoughts??
No respect shown towards Laverton by most on this forum. Been the best team all year, smashed Moonee Valley in the semi and deserve to be premiers.

Will be a close game in terms of scores i think, but Laverton to win......and to make finals next year in Nth Div provided they dont lose anyone.

The answer is whoever does their recruiting needs to be replaced!!
Year in and year out its their batting that lets them down but they never do anything about it. Pizaro is finished as a player so there is money wasted. They recruited Harmon I don't know where from but he obviously wasn't the answer. They have Montebello who is nothing but a flat track Bullie!! The rest of them obviously are just no good.
Their bowling is very good with Clutton, Dunn and Nikolic but am hearing Clutton is moving to Bendigo so I don't know if they'll keep him.
It just shows that you can't buy a flag!!!
Surely the cheque book will be on fire in the off season!!!!

Fair call on this, year after year they destroy teams throughout the year but dont bring bikkies home !! Pizaro is still a decent captain, there are a blokes running around past their time in the comp who still contribute in other areas.

Harmon came from some hard deck comp, havent seen him play so cant comment.

Bit rough on Montebello, the kid had talent and will be one of the comps guns in upcoming years.

Fair call on this, year after year they destroy teams throughout the year but dont bring bikkies home !! Pizaro is still a decent captain, there are a blokes running around past their time in the comp who still contribute in other areas.

Harmon came from some hard deck comp, havent seen him play so cant comment.

Bit rough on Montebello, the kid had talent and will be one of the comps guns in upcoming years.

They just need 2 quality bats. Pizaro maybe a quality captain but thats not what you get paid for.
Lavo showed that a good even spread of bats and a decent/not outstanding bowling side get you through more often than not.

No respect shown towards Laverton by most on this forum. Been the best team all year, smashed Moonee Valley in the semi and deserve to be premiers.

Will be a close game in terms of scores i think, but Laverton to win......and to make finals next year in Nth Div provided they dont lose anyone.

Of course there is no respect shown towards Laverton. They are nothing but a one trick pony and he has struggled after xmas as the scores have reflected. Get swallow game over!!
Their bowling is just pedestrian with O'Brien being the best of them which doesn't say much.
Can't really boast about beating Moonee Valley as they are a one man side aswell.
East Keilor with Arrowsmith on fire will win easily and be deserved premiers after beating St Albans last week!!

Of course there is no respect shown towards Laverton. They are nothing but a one trick pony and he has struggled after xmas as the scores have reflected. Get swallow game over!!
Their bowling is just pedestrian with O'Brien being the best of them which doesn't say much.
Can't really boast about beating Moonee Valley as they are a one man side aswell.
East Keilor with Arrowsmith on fire will win easily and be deserved premiers after beating St Albans last week!!

I have to say I don't know what Laverton were doing today. To me and I couldn't tell from the boundary but it looked like Laverton got stage fright. They weren't aggressive at all and didn't take it up to East Keilor at all!

I have to say I don't know what Laverton were doing today. To me and I couldn't tell from the boundary but it looked like Laverton got stage fright. They weren't aggressive at all and didn't take it up to East Keilor at all!

Two days to play & we are all setup for a very good GF. So alot of cricket still to be played. few showers forecast for Friday & Saturday, probably not enough to lose much of play, if any.

East Keilor have surprised me, didn't think they could make the granny, there were times during the season where didn't give
'em much hope to play finals, so well done, they've earned their spot.
But if they wanna wrap this up still have alot of work to do. Laverton not outta it, trail by 21 runs and 3 EK lower order wkts to get, their plan should be to get a lead of 160+ and EK will have to bat on day 4 to close it out one way or another. Somehow get brodie cheap & pressure back on EK, all set up for a nice finish. Robertson in good late season run scoring touch as well.

Interesting that in "North Div", Keilor won the toss and sent Doutas in. After 80 overs Doutas 6/162. Why would Keilor do that on one of Nippy Sewarts tracks at Overland Reserve? (East Keilors ground.) Water under the covers? WTF happened?

Depends what you mean by take it up to East Keilor. If you mean swing hard and lusty then I would say that has already been tried by some teams this finals series as they have registered some fantastically low scores. Patience at the crease and a slow grind will invariably get you there. Laverton have already proved that since coming to the VTCA. Brodie has been a great pick-up for EK and could well be the difference in the end as Roy G Biv pointed out.

Interesting that in "North Div", Keilor won the toss and sent Doutas in. After 80 overs Doutas 6/162. Why would Keilor do that on one of Nippy Sewarts tracks at Overland Reserve? (East Keilors ground.) Water under the covers? WTF happened?

Considering day 1 was called off completely due to wet pitch and outfield, I'd say most sides would have done the same thing and bowled. Unfortunately for Keilor, Mato has dug in otherwise they would have rolled Doutta, who are minus Shafayat. Anything over 220 should be enough I'd say - although does the game revert to normal conditions after they lost a whole day. Could Keilor bat a day and a half (if they are good enough?) and be 8/180?

Considering day 1 was called off completely due to wet pitch and outfield, I'd say most sides would have done the same thing and bowled. Unfortunately for Keilor, Mato has dug in otherwise they would have rolled Doutta, who are minus Shafayat. Anything over 220 should be enough I'd say - although does the game revert to normal conditions after they lost a whole day. Could Keilor bat a day and a half (if they are good enough?) and be 8/180?

Don't matter what Doutta make, if after 4 days Keilor 1st innings isn't complete they win, due to a higher ladder finish.

Keilor batting at times can be a bit fragile, although not fully exposed as much as it would be in Sen Division.
Law and possibly Hussain big wickets, stating the obvious some may say but chasing in a GF and big names not contributing can affect the rest. Speaking of rest a number of capable blokes with the bat but also can be rolled cheaply cook , guerra and ryan have made some useful contributuions but wouldn't want 'em to make bulk of the runs chasing. Doutta still need to add atleat 50 more runs though.

Depends what you mean by take it up to East Keilor. If you mean swing hard and lusty then I would say that has already been tried by some teams this finals series as they have registered some fantastically low scores. Patience at the crease and a slow grind will invariably get you there. Laverton have already proved that since coming to the VTCA. Brodie has been a great pick-up for EK and could well be the difference in the end as Roy G Biv pointed out.

Laverton are in this position because of their lack of intent on the first and just plain stupid bowling on day 2. They bowled wide of off stump and tried having 8 fielders on the off to stop East Keilor from scoring but it didn't work. How many runs would Laverton have to make to be competitive on the Sunday and what happens if Swallow doesn't make any??

Laverton are in this position because of their lack of intent on the first and just plain stupid bowling on day 2. They bowled wide of off stump and tried having 8 fielders on the off to stop East Keilor from scoring but it didn't work. How many runs would Laverton have to make to be competitive on the Sunday and what happens if Swallow doesn't make any??

Lavertons batsmen would have to fire on all cylinders to get them into this game! They depend heavily on Swallow and Logan and not sure if the rest of them are capable of making a big enough score to keep them in it because their weakness is their bowling!!
Let's be honest it's a miracle that Delaney has got a wicket all year!! The bloke has a big mouth and definately can't back it up with the ball.
Keenan is serviceable but isn't really going to rip through a top order.
Swallow is probably their best seamer but doesn't take alot of wickets.
O'brien is the interesting one. He will have to bowl alot of overs and if the seamers don't get any early wickets then he will definately struggle as was evident on Sunday when he only bowled 3-4 overs and got taken off coz the East Keilor top order owned him!!!

agree on Obrian said on here earlier in the year that although he leads the wicket takers most of them are low order bats that he has got over the year
the ability in mopping up tails with leg spinners is a good one to have but it doesnt mean you are a quality spinner when the top order bats can play you

Lavertons batsmen would have to fire on all cylinders to get them into this game! They depend heavily on Swallow and Logan and not sure if the rest of them are capable of making a big enough score to keep them in it because their weakness is their bowling!!
Let's be honest it's a miracle that Delaney has got a wicket all year!! The bloke has a big mouth and definately can't back it up with the ball.
Keenan is serviceable but isn't really going to rip through a top order.
Swallow is probably their best seamer but doesn't take alot of wickets.
O'brien is the interesting one. He will have to bowl alot of overs and if the seamers don't get any early wickets then he will definately struggle as was evident on Sunday when he only bowled 3-4 overs and got taken off coz the East Keilor top order owned him!!!

Wow sounds like Laverton shouldn't even turn up.
Delaney has taken nearly 30 wickets for the year so maybe you should do some research before you shoot your mouth off.

Wow sounds like Laverton shouldn't even turn up.
Delaney has taken nearly 30 wickets for the year so maybe you should do some research before you shoot your mouth off.

Hmmmm. Now I need to be careful as you seem a little precious about Delaney. You are obviously his mother or father or girlfriend or possibly boyfriend if that is his preference!! I am well aware how many wickets he has taken its just that against East Keilor he has taken 1 wicket in 2 games and that was a number 10 batsmen!! It just appears that he doesn't come up for the big games and against decent opposition!!!

Two days to play & we are all setup for a very good GF. So alot of cricket still to be played. few showers forecast for Friday & Saturday, probably not enough to lose much of play, if any.

East Keilor have surprised me, didn't think they could make the granny, there were times during the season where didn't give
'em much hope to play finals, so well done, they've earned their spot.
But if they wanna wrap this up still have alot of work to do. Laverton not outta it, trail by 21 runs and 3 EK lower order wkts to get, their plan should be to get a lead of 160+ and EK will have to bat on day 4 to close it out one way or another. Somehow get brodie cheap & pressure back on EK, all set up for a nice finish. Robertson in good late season run scoring touch as well.

Congrats East Keilor Cricket Club! Deserving Premiers.

Great resurgence after the poor start they had before the Christmas break.

Also since their drop from Senior A they have struggled in NTH A with couple of close relegation battles just avoiding the drop, were cellar dwellers in SNR A & NTH A for few too many years now, but great work for the club to achieve this success. NTH division presents a whole new challenge for EK, would be interesting to see how they go. good luck!

Laverton had a great Home n Away season but rigthly or wrongly there was always a feeling amongst NTH A followers that they were vulnerable come the finals time. Am sure they'll regroup and try to go one better next season.

West B, Seddon were too good for that level, pretty much the same X1 that got relegated from NTH A, shows the gap
in standards.

Congrats East Keilor Cricket Club! Deserving Premiers.

Great resurgence after the poor start they had before the Christmas break.

Also since their drop from Senior A they have struggled in NTH A with couple of close relegation battles just avoiding the drop, were cellar dwellers in SNR A & NTH A for few too many years now, but great work for the club to achieve this success. NTH division presents a whole new challenge for EK, would be interesting to see how they go. good luck!

Laverton had a great Home n Away season but rigthly or wrongly there was always a feeling amongst NTH A followers that they were vulnerable come the finals time. Am sure they'll regroup and try to go one better next season.

West B, Seddon were too good for that level, pretty much the same X1 that got relegated from NTH A, shows the gap
in standards.

Roy, in regards to the Seddon comment, the same X1 as last season is incorrect. We made a conscious decision to actively recruit last season, the end result picking up a Pom and Sri Lankan. They both added a great deal to the club and strengthened our top order. We also picked up the captain coach's brother Paul, who also contributed a great deal with bat & ball. We're quietly confident all three will be back next season, and will be actively recruiting again for the step up to North A (knowing that only the top 6 stay up again next season).

West B was a step down from North A, and having two byes didn't help our cause either. Hopefully next season we can play every week, subject to weather!

For the record Altona Roosters are biterly disapointed but extremly proud of their efforts. We are in our third year in the VTCA
Our team is made up of local boys that have been at the club for 5+ years. We have made a Grand final but didnt play to the best of our ability (Stage fright Day 1 perhaps). Having said that to make 267 in the second dig shows what the boys are capable of. Moving forward we need to take a leaf out of Seddons book and recruit in a few areas in which we have deficiencies to remain competative in the next level.
Looking forward to next year.

Roy, in regards to the Seddon comment, the same X1 as last season is incorrect. We made a conscious decision to actively recruit last season, the end result picking up a Pom and Sri Lankan. They both added a great deal to the club and strengthened our top order. We also picked up the captain coach's brother Paul, who also contributed a great deal with bat & ball. We're quietly confident all three will be back next season, and will be actively recruiting again for the step up to North A (knowing that only the top 6 stay up again next season).

West B was a step down from North A, and having two byes didn't help our cause either. Hopefully next season we can play every week, subject to weather!

I take your point, the 3 recruits did earn their keep and you're correct it isn't the same X1 as last season.

But i never said it was the same X1 as 2010/11 NTH A, "pretty much the same X1 that got relegated from NTH A"
meaning most of the side looks the same with exception of coupla new names.

You say NTH A "top 6 stay up again next season" is that confirmed. So what's the go with the NTH B & West B promotions, same as this year?

Back