North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

So if that's the case when does the vtca re do the fixture? They would want to do asap so there's plenty of time for clubs to get organised. I hope there's no bye, we were meant to play aberfeldie in the last round in a one dayer so maybe that will become a bye for us. Hopefully theres a new team to come in a bye causes way to much confusion with points and some teams may get a one day bye some may get a two dayer. Anyone got anymore info on this stuff?

Pump;405679 said:
I think ur a bit harsh on us mate. Yes we should've been relegated twice but for different reasons they chose not to. In those years we did push some of the top sides including greenvale right to the limit. Just need to find some consistent form and we will be ok. Last year we were the only team to beat Aber park and our two's didn’t lose a game and won every 2 dayer outright. SO things have started to turn around with the leadership that Ingleton, Shan’s and Nyhus are giving the club has made a big difference. So hopefully we will put in a much improved performance in Nth A this year and with a bit of luck push for a finals berth

Roy

think your comments on Aberfeldie while in Nth A were valid.

However from the outside though it appears they took their medicine and played well in Nth B last season, from comments on here I believe (I might be wrong though) that they were the only team to beat the eventual premiers all year and were right in their semi-final against Jacana before the storm of the century hit

In addition to this based on the end of season ladder they have finished within a game of both the top 2 teams

With their recruitment of past District Players in Ingleton and Shannahan over the past few seasons I think they'Ve got a blueprint to make the club better.

Would suggest they were the next best pick to go up and the right decision looks to have been made

Pump - has the club kept the old boys mentioned above ? and have they recruited or lost players ? would think they'd need to get a bat and a quick to be in the mix in Nth A

Pump;405679 said:
I think ur a bit harsh on us mate. Yes we should've been relegated twice but for different reasons they chose not to. In those years we did push some of the top sides including greenvale right to the limit. Just need to find some consistent form and we will be ok. Last year we were the only team to beat Aber park and our two's didn’t lose a game and won every 2 dayer outright. SO things have started to turn around with the leadership that Ingleton, Shan’s and Nyhus are giving the club has made a big difference. So hopefully we will put in a much improved performance in Nth A this year and with a bit of luck push for a finals berth

Although rub of the green in terms of relegation/promotion has gone in favour of Abers in recent memory.

I probably have to concede Abers were the 2nd/3rd best side in NTH B last year and deserved to go up.

Relegated Cragieburn & Avondale were not competitive enough in NTH A last year plus have not recruited @ all this year to suggest they would've been OK in NTH A this season.

On the other hand Hoppers are a strong enough club to gain a reprieve and go stay in North Division.

No one wants any club to be easy beats, yours truly included.

All clubs fielding competitive 1X1 is good for the comp. So pump Good luck to your mob hope things go well.

Does anybody find it contradictory that the VTCA allowed last years 3rd placed North B1 side to get a reprieve and come back into North A as opposed to either Cragieburn or Heights staying up and then they go and do the exact opposite with North A to North. St.Albans certainly wanted to go up as far as I am aware and after last years semi finals farce surely that would have been the logical decision. Your thoughts??

He who knows best;405715 said:
Roy

think your comments on Aberfeldie while in Nth A were valid.

However from the outside though it appears they took their medicine and played well in Nth B last season, from comments on here I believe (I might be wrong though) that they were the only team to beat the eventual premiers all year and were right in their semi-final against Jacana before the storm of the century hit

In addition to this based on the end of season ladder they have finished within a game of both the top 2 teams

With their recruitment of past District Players in Ingleton and Shannahan over the past few seasons I think they'Ve got a blueprint to make the club better.

Would suggest they were the next best pick to go up and the right decision looks to have been made

Pump - has the club kept the old boys mentioned above ? and have they recruited or lost players ? would think they'd need to get a bat and a quick to be in the mix in Nth A

At this stage we have kept the same side as last year but as im not on the committee im not sure on any new signings i believe we are talking to a few ppl but not sure who and that wont be announced until they can strike a deal.

I am pretty sure cragieburn didnt put in a submission to stay in Nth A but not sure about AH. It might be possible that they didnt either but Hoppers did so thats why they got the nod but all speculation as i said

Pump;405756 said:
At this stage we have kept the same side as last year but as im not on the committee im not sure on any new signings i believe we are talking to a few ppl but not sure who and that wont be announced until they can strike a deal.

I am pretty sure cragieburn didnt put in a submission to stay in Nth A but not sure about AH. It might be possible that they didnt either but Hoppers did so thats why they got the nod but all speculation as i said

After playing against Avondale last season, they where a rabble, let them go to north b, and rebuild... If they start winning games, that's a start, considering there teams were packed with kids or guys way ast there best...

roy g biv;405719 said:
although rub of the green in terms of relegation/promotion has gone in favour of abers in recent memory.

I probably have to concede abers were the 2nd/3rd best side in nth b last year and deserved to go up.

Relegated cragieburn & avondale were not competitive enough in nth a last year plus have not recruited @ all this year to suggest they would've been ok in nth a this season.

On the other hand hoppers are a strong enough club to gain a reprieve and go stay in north division.

No one wants any club to be easy beats, yours truly included.

All clubs fielding competitive 1x1 is good for the comp. So pump good luck to your mob hope things go well.

roy, how do u know if c'burn or avo have recruited or not. I believe c'burn could have 2-4 new players this season which will make them stronger & they did push a few sides last year but couldnt get over the line so i dont think they were that bad

tugga5;405822 said:
roy, how do u know if c'burn or avo have recruited or not. I believe c'burn could have 2-4 new players this season which will make them stronger & they did push a few sides last year but couldnt get over the line so i dont think they were that bad

Good for Cragieburn.

Tell us who are their new recruits?

Pump;405679 said:

Only team to beat Aber Park? Ive heard that for the last 8months, but it was not legitimately!!! Im sure the Aber boys know what im talkin about to!!! But not to worry as we hammered in the 2 dayer, in saying that I found all the Aberfeldie boys to be a great bunch of blokes , but if they do come up they will struggle unless they have picked up which i dont think they have. Im hoping we ( Aber Park ) can make finals hopefully will have abit more depth so we can share the workload aorund more evenly .

roy g biv;405825 said:
good for cragieburn.

Tell us who are their new recruits?

not sure who they are but ive been told they will make a big difference to their side and give them more experience

tugga5;405833 said:
not sure who they are but ive been told they will make a big difference to their side and give them more experience

i can ell you kingy baps have picked up at least 3 descent players......

OnTheLookout;406152 said:
W.Suares and V.Jassi training with them..... Assume they are 2 of the 3 !!

I thought he said two decent players. Suares is just a cancer who as we all know doesn't like things not going his way, and Jassi is a mercenary who plays for himself. That'll never change.

So kingy have picked up some players, to be honest I've never heard of any of those guys who do they play for? Any more updates on whether any new clubs will be joining since abers went up?

latecut99;406207 said:
So kingy have picked up some players, to be honest I've never heard of any of those guys who do they play for? Any more updates on whether any new clubs will be joining since abers went up?

Looks like 9 in Nth B with a bye, not ideal but from what i've been told the league had no idea of Parkville's intentions to withdraw until the fixture was already released.

Hey cheeqs thats ridiculous if its true surely theres another club who would like to join the VTCA, a bye goin to be a real pain in the arse because some clubs will have a bye on a one day game and some clubs will have a bye on a two dayer. If the fixture stays the same we will have the bye against alberfeldie i think in the last round. If thats the case then its not so bad for us then, i would hate to miss two weeks of cricket not to mention possible bonus point etc.

latecut99;406207 said:

You should know Brett Wilkinson...you more than likely played with him when you were at Kingy, ya dill!! :D

latecut99;406207 said:

Who do they play for ? Hmmm, anyone and everyone basically...

The 3 usually go together....

Suares has played for Richmond, Kingsville, Avondale, Footscray United, Sunshine, Seddon, and probably others I can't recall.

Vijay has played in the last 6 o 7 years for at least 6 clubs including St Albans, Albion, Avondale, Sunshine, Seddon and god knows who else...

Popov - Essendon? Seddon, Sunshine, Avondale...

I'm sure theywill all enjoy their half a year, or full year, at Kingsville, and no doubt do quite well in North B as all are handy players, Suares and Popov in particular !!

OnTheLookout;406274 said:
Who do they play for ? Hmmm, anyone and everyone basically...

The 3 usually go together....

Suares has played for Richmond, Kingsville, Avondale, Footscray United, Sunshine, Seddon, and probably others I can't recall.

Vijay has played in the last 6 o 7 years for at least 6 clubs including St Albans, Albion, Avondale, Sunshine, Seddon and god knows who else...

Popov - Essendon? Seddon, Sunshine, Avondale...

I'm sure theywill all enjoy their half a year, or full year, at Kingsville, and no doubt do quite well in North B as all are handy players, Suares and Popov in particular !!

Popov - Played Essendon 1 X1 and then went to Carlton for a few seasons played 1 & 2nd X1s after that as you say Seddon,Sunshine,AH, back to Subbies...

Poppov/Suares terrific pick ups add to them Khawaja (I dunno if he's there??)
very strong core. Now there's a proviso here, a big IF pop/wazza stay the course - especially Suarez has a very bad rap when it comes to that... mind you he aint the only one, there are more than a few like him running around for an easy pay day (not necessarily the challenge)

Both though have tasted the ultimate success in VTCA winning a flag at Seddon + Suares was at AH during the good times.

OnTheLookout - yous still getting that SriLankan import from a season ago. I recall he started slow but finished strong with 50+ wickets?
Any other new signings @ FUCC - Hoppers getting promoted probably makes you guys somewhat happy

Back