North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

latecut99;406256 said:
Hey cheeqs thats ridiculous if its true surely theres another club who would like to join the VTCA, a bye goin to be a real pain in the arse because some clubs will have a bye on a one day game and some clubs will have a bye on a two dayer. If the fixture stays the same we will have the bye against alberfeldie i think in the last round. If thats the case then its not so bad for us then, i would hate to miss two weeks of cricket not to mention possible bonus point etc.

I think the VTCA were/are in discussions with other clubs to join but nothing can be done in time for this season as they've already committed to their existing leagues for 2010/11. I don't know who these clubs are but I think they might be from the Southern region and they were looking at moving RMIT to the North if that was the case.

ROY G BIV;406284 said:
Popov - Played Essendon 1 X1 and then went to Carlton for a few seasons played 1 & 2nd X1s after that as you say Seddon,Sunshine,AH, back to Subbies...

Poppov/Suares terrific pick ups add to them Khawaja (I dunno if he's there??)
very strong core. Now there's a proviso here, a big IF pop/wazza stay the course - especially Suarez has a very bad rap when it comes to that... mind you he aint the only one, there are more than a few like him running around for an easy pay day (not necessarily the challenge)

Both though have tasted the ultimate success in VTCA winning a flag at Seddon + Suares was at AH during the good times.

OnTheLookout - yous still getting that SriLankan import from a season ago. I recall he started slow but finished strong with 50+ wickets?
Any other new signings @ FUCC - Hoppers getting promoted probably makes you guys somewhat happy

I think Popov went out to Darley last year in the Ballarat comp didn't he? Don't think he did very well there. Kingy baps must be rolling in the cash are they?

W.Saures and Wilko are long lost SONS of Kingsville so they might just do it for the LOVE OF THE CLUB as the Party line at Kingsville is they dont pay players.

Interesting to hear all these mercenaries rolling up got to be something in it for them judging by the feed back u r all giving.
Interesting year ahead in B1.

ROY G BIV;406284 said:
Popov - Played Essendon 1 X1 and then went to Carlton for a few seasons played 1 & 2nd X1s after that as you say Seddon,Sunshine,AH, back to Subbies...

Poppov/Suares terrific pick ups add to them Khawaja (I dunno if he's there??)
very strong core. Now there's a proviso here, a big IF pop/wazza stay the course - especially Suarez has a very bad rap when it comes to that... mind you he aint the only one, there are more than a few like him running around for an easy pay day (not necessarily the challenge)

Both though have tasted the ultimate success in VTCA winning a flag at Seddon + Suares was at AH during the good times.

OnTheLookout - yous still getting that SriLankan import from a season ago. I recall he started slow but finished strong with 50+ wickets?
Any other new signings @ FUCC - Hoppers getting promoted probably makes you guys somewhat happy

Hey Roy,

Ready to out yourself yet ? Very curious as to who I'm talking to... Seem to know a fair bit about happenings at FUCC & AHCC....

We do have Oshan coming back (the Sri Lankan)... He was a very good bowler and handy bat too.. other than that have all last years players going around again as far as I know (few fringe players doubtful with work issues, etc) so looking ok and one or two additions from interstate, but not 1st XI guns or paid players- just mates of current players looking for a game.

Not upset to see Hoppers promoted, them or St Albans going up wouldve taken one contender out of the mix which is always a bonus....

Have a good one !

BigCoq;406317 said:
W.Saures and Wilko are long lost SONS of Kingsville so they might just do it for the LOVE OF THE CLUB as the Party line at Kingsville is they dont pay players.

Interesting to hear all these mercenaries rolling up got to be something in it for them judging by the feed back u r all giving.
Interesting year ahead in B1.

To be fair to Waz when we signed him couple of years back, he didnt ask for stupid amounts of money - was quite reasonable considering the market....

Having said that - highly doubt he is playing for love of the club !!!

Snagglepuss;406304 said:
I think Popov went out to Darley last year in the Ballarat comp didn't he? Don't think he did very well there. Kingy baps must be rolling in the cash are they?

Hey Snaggle I think we have touched base on this subject previously, what goes on with the 'ride' Aberfeldie seem to get. They were a side that should have been regulated 2 or 3 years before it happened and then there season in B1 would be classed as nothing more than a pass mark, and low and behold they are back in A1:eek:

It surpeises me given they afforded Craigieburn the opportunity to have a crack at A1 only to be relegated. A year to get used to the standard and then make a call rather than up and then down. From all reports Avondale will benefit from coming down and hopefully they find a little success after a very tough year. Aberfeldie are basing their promotion beating the eventual premiers in a one day game, give me a break!!

I noticed that someone mentioned maybe RMIT finding themselves in North B which would have made sense given there home base (clubrooms) is at Fairbairn Park! A bye is not going work that well considering there are sides that would have played Aberfeldie twice not just the once. What happens there, maximum points based on other results, I wouldn't think so.

Very interesting indeed! looking forward to the start of the season, not sure how the other grounds look but Hallam Reserve should be up and running prior to the start of the season. Interesting to see what the reaction will be to council prepared wickets, I look forward to it!

Snagglepuss;406304 said:

Well i''l be very surprised if Pop/Suares were doing it for love of the game.

Have played with and against both, good blokes face to face, better than good criketers at this level, but in team sports how can you be a true team when you know that 1/2 blokes alongside you are ready to pack their bags and head off chasing some bikie$.

all that aside if they play the season out Kingy will certainly have a say in NTH B this season.

CheeQuee;406293 said:
I think the VTCA were/are in discussions with other clubs to join but nothing can be done in time for this season as they've already committed to their existing leagues for 2010/11. I don't know who these clubs are but I think they might be from the Southern region and they were looking at moving RMIT to the North if that was the case.

Just as a matter of interest, I have heard parkville are now playing MCA. The club won 3 games in North division so they obviously have some talent, and I understand they may not have the same commitment given players leaving etc but wouldn't they have been better served playing in the lower division ie B1 which makes more sense to me. MCA play Sunday's, it is as social as you will get and I'm not sure what the club will achieve by going from North division to MCA??

Just an observation as the decision doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, so maybe someone can shed a little more light on the decision making process to go to the MCA.

Guru14;406359 said:
Just as a matter of interest, I have heard parkville are now playing MCA. The club won 3 games in North division so they obviously have some talent, and I understand they may not have the same commitment given players leaving etc but wouldn't they have been better served playing in the lower division ie B1 which makes more sense to me. MCA play Sunday's, it is as social as you will get and I'm not sure what the club will achieve by going from North division to MCA??

Just an observation as the decision doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, so maybe someone can shed a little more light on the decision making process to go to the MCA.

i seriously cant take you serious Roger... i try, but i cant !!

All these rumours, Brett Wilkinson, Popov, Vijay Jassi are not playing with KBCC this season. We do not pay players at any cost, and far as i know Warren Suares will play for KBCC this season.
He is a past player who has played in 2 premierships for the club and has been training with us.

Hello All;406398 said:
All these rumours, Brett Wilkinson, Popov, Vijay Jassi are not playing with KBCC this season. We do not pay players at any cost, and far as i know Warren Suares will play for KBCC this season.
He is a past player who has played in 2 premierships for the club and has been training with us.

Perhaps you could explain why Vijay has been training with Kingy Baps if he is not playing ?

Guru14;406339 said:
Hey Snaggle I think we have touched base on this subject previously, what goes on with the 'ride' Aberfeldie seem to get. They were a side that should have been regulated 2 or 3 years before it happened and then there season in B1 would be classed as nothing more than a pass mark, and low and behold they are back in A1:eek:

It surpeises me given they afforded Craigieburn the opportunity to have a crack at A1 only to be relegated. A year to get used to the standard and then make a call rather than up and then down. From all reports Avondale will benefit from coming down and hopefully they find a little success after a very tough year. Aberfeldie are basing their promotion beating the eventual premiers in a one day game, give me a break!!

I noticed that someone mentioned maybe RMIT finding themselves in North B which would have made sense given there home base (clubrooms) is at Fairbairn Park! A bye is not going work that well considering there are sides that would have played Aberfeldie twice not just the once. What happens there, maximum points based on other results, I wouldn't think so.

Very interesting indeed! looking forward to the start of the season, not sure how the other grounds look but Hallam Reserve should be up and running prior to the start of the season. Interesting to see what the reaction will be to council prepared wickets, I look forward to it!

Yes Guru, Abers do seem to have won the lottery a bit of recent years. I could never understand how they continued to stay up in Nth A and now when they do get back to Nth B, they get moved up after finishing 3rd. However I do think they were probably the next best option. I thoink Craigieburn probably promised alot due to the ever expanding population out there bu t didn't really deliver and as such, correct go down. Same for AH by the looks. So Abers probably rightly are the most appropriate option. The only one Im puzzled by is the fact none of the new teams got a look in? How does Taylor Lakes go straight into Nth A and yet none of the new teams get that opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I still think Abers are probably the best option but if I was from those new clubs I'd be asking questions as to why TL were served from the golden cup? Maybe even Merlo/Hadfield should have got a look in hey Guru?

Snagglepuss;406534 said:
Yes Guru, Abers do seem to have won the lottery a bit of recent years. I could never understand how they continued to stay up in Nth A and now when they do get back to Nth B, they get moved up after finishing 3rd. However I do think they were probably the next best option. I thoink Craigieburn probably promised alot due to the ever expanding population out there bu t didn't really deliver and as such, correct go down. Same for AH by the looks. So Abers probably rightly are the most appropriate option. The only one Im puzzled by is the fact none of the new teams got a look in? How does Taylor Lakes go straight into Nth A and yet none of the new teams get that opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I still think Abers are probably the best option but if I was from those new clubs I'd be asking questions as to why TL were served from the golden cup? Maybe even Merlo/Hadfield should have got a look in hey Guru?

From what i'm led to believe Craigieburn did not want to stay in Nth A, so they were out of the question. And Avondale clearly could not be kept up after how poorly they performed last season.
Laverton put in a request to start straight in Nth A i believe but were knocked back and Abers went back up. Probably the right call in the end, as you say but they have been very lucky with promotion/relegation in the last 5 years or so

Snagglepuss;406534 said:

Snaggle, can only speak from merlo's point of view, we certainly wouldn't and probably couldn't consider going straight into North A. It's always nice to dream the dream but the decision for the club to move was based on the kids coming through and moving whilst there was still some older heads around to help with the transition. I would think the club considered moving in 1-2 years but based on the experience players nearing the end of their time it made sense to move now and allow the youngsters to grow with the experience still around them. Fingers crossed we can continue to improve and make a good fist of it this year!

slow medium;406511 said:
Perhaps you could explain why Vijay has been training with Kingy Baps if he is not playing ?

Vijay is not playing at KBCC this season, he trained a couple of times and that's it.

OnTheLookout;406329 said:
To be fair to Waz when we signed him couple of years back, he didnt ask for stupid amounts of money - was quite reasonable considering the market....

Having said that - highly doubt he is playing for love of the club !!!

I wonder why they (Pop and Suares)would not go back to 1 off their previous clubs( I am not sure how many it has been, but quite a few) in Seddon and offer a chop out? Or is their a$king price too much? Or are there other reason/issues why they would not go back? Possibly Seddon don't want them back? All $mell$ of $$$'$ to me:eek:

Too Old Body Broke;406624 said:
I wonder why they (Pop and Suares)would not go back to 1 off their previous clubs( I am not sure how many it has been, but quite a few) in Seddon and offer a chop out? Or is their a$king price too much? Or are there other reason/issues why they would not go back? Possibly Seddon don't want them back? All $mell$ of $$$'$ to me:eek:

We are just saving up the $$$$$ to have a crack at you, might still need another year or two :)

slow medium;406670 said:
We are just saving up the $$$$$ to have a crack at you, might still need another year or two :)

To Get TOBB out of Spotty would take alot more than cash...try wine, women and song.:D

North b to have a bye is looking more likekly then unlikely, to late for teams to jump on board at this late stage...
Best of luck to all.
Do we call Kingy, Kachingy from now on :D

Back