North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

CheeQuee;408150 said:
Interesting reading your thoughts on the new teams joining this season. Hard to say where M-Hadfield will finish but anything less than promotion for Laverton will be a failure.

Hell Cheekers, they must have some high expeectations then. Fair enough if they are a gun side etc.. but to be a failure if not finishing in the top 2 is a big ask. Now they may be a gun side and everything goes well for them but we all know things can go skewif on semi final day.
I'd say it seems like quite a few sides are on the up this year which will be good for Nth B.

Snagglepuss;408221 said:
Hell Cheekers, they must have some high expeectations then. Fair enough if they are a gun side etc.. but to be a failure if not finishing in the top 2 is a big ask. Now they may be a gun side and everything goes well for them but we all know things can go skewif on semi final day.
I'd say it seems like quite a few sides are on the up this year which will be good for Nth B.

You're spot on, anything can happen in semi's but they have got a very solid 1st and 2nd XI.
Also, if you believe what's being said around the traps that Laverton requested to go straight into Nth A, and were disappointed when the VTCA knocked them back you would think that promotion would be the minimum goal.
Shaping up to be a very close season, looking forward to the clearances being posted on the league website sooner rather than later

anyone know any changes to the 3 teams going up to Nth A this year ?

would suggest Aber Park will still be strong without any additions although a reliance on 3players in Albers, Pascu and Riggio will see them under more pressure.

You would think the other 2 that went up need some changes to press to be competitive in that grade

Does anyone know of anyone moving to any of the 3 that went up ?

:confused: just seen the fixtures on club website, picked up that in round 9 supposedly laverton have the bye, but at the same time they are also playing seabrook. i think its meant to be merlynston hadfield with the bye.

Howla;408136 said:
What ever your formula is Dingo it's a bit far fetched to say any team new to VTCA will have no trouble finishing top four. It's a tougher comp than you think.
Also I will happily have a bet with you that Merlo do not make the four. That's nothing against Merlo but having read previously by the coach and others they will be happy to finish mid table suggests to me they know it's not likely to happen for them this year in a new comp. And fair enough as it is tough. Maybe a slab??

You may well be right Howla. However it is an opinion based on many years of experience.
Re Merlo coach and others saying "Happy to finish mid-table", that is code or spin for "We don't want to sound arrogant or up ourselves, but we would be disappointed if we didn't finish top four".
Further I don't know about you Howla baby, any club or team that I have played for we didn't set our sights on finishing mid-table. We wanted to win the bloody thing.
Incidently I didn,t say any team to finish top four, I said Laverton and Merlo.

He who knows best;408233 said:

would suggest Aber Park will still be strong without any additions although a reliance on 3players in Albers, Pascu and Riggio will see them under more pressure.

You would think the other 2 that went up need some changes to press to be competitive in that grade

Couldn't agree with you more. Any team that does not improve it's list from one season to the next is kidding themselves. Even if a club has not gone up, it still needs to improve it's list as others will.

Guru14;408147 said:
Mid table would be disappointing Howla! Guys, hows the grounds looking, given the rain we have had and a bit around this week are we going to be looking at a delayed start or are the wickets on track. Unfortunately or fortunately we are scheduled for Aberfeldie first up, so our wicket and ground has an extra 2 weeks before needed.

Our ground is going fine and wicket should be aok, a bit more hot weather would be ideal.
Guru, how is your "A" Grade list looking? Have you improved on last season or lost anyone. Howla is trying to squeeze a slab out of me.:confused:

Dingo_Jones;408279 said:
Our ground is going fine and wicket should be aok, a bit more hot weather would be ideal.
Guru, how is your "A" Grade list looking? Have you improved on last season or lost anyone. Howla is trying to squeeze a slab out of me.:confused:

I'm not sure how well Howla knows the club but we have seen a couple of our kids go to district clubs this year which is the reason we do this job. Another of the grand final side has gone home to India so unfortunately he will be a big loss. On the gains we have picked up a couple that will play in our firsts together with some work still being done.

Our grand final side last year had 6 players under 21 which basically speaks volumes about the club and the juniors we have around the place. Our club enters every season with a simple plan, win more than you lose and you'll be there abouts at the business end of the season. That won't change. In regard to the slab, Peroni Leggera would be my choice.

gee altona roosters must be struggling......not being able to get enough players for a praccy match.......dissapointed......

speaking to the coach......he's not happy!!!!.......

BigCoq;407667 said:
Hey Weapons how's the wicket looking? Still a mind field?

hey bigcoq.......any chance of you blokes getting a team up before the first round????

oh well vtca must be struggling......supposed to play praccy matches vs albion last week=no players......altona roosters this week end=no players........

great comp!!!

lavo for the flag in nth b david campese

weapons05/06;408604 said:
hey bigcoq.......any chance of you blokes getting a team up before the first round????

oh well vtca must be struggling......supposed to play praccy matches vs albion last week=no players......altona roosters this week end=no players........

great comp!!!

lavo for the flag in nth b david campese
If you want to bag our comp. champ, stay off this board !

He who knows best;408233 said:

From all accounts all 3 are pretty much relyin on similar attacks... Aber Park looked to have picked up a quick and i think are hoping on return of the sri lakan bloke they had 2 years back, although rumour has it that Pascu is carrying injuries carried over from footy season... The big fella may be hoping for a couple rain affected weeks early on..

southern sledge;408664 said:
If you want to bag our comp. champ, stay off this board !

I wouldnt worry about a bloke or club thats in b grade willy comp or is that A2im confused....

sledger1976;408660 said:
Craigieburn to take out flag. Will play every game away and still take out the flag

Wots going on? Can't Craigieburn play at home this year or are you just talking waffle?

Anyone heard any update on the fixtures and more specifically the Nth B situation? Will there be a bye or have they filled the spot? Heard they were looking to do a similar thing to a few years ago where they had Hoppers 3rds play there but weren't getting any buy in from the clubs they approached.

Snagglepuss;408730 said:
Wots going on? Can't Craigieburn play at home this year or are you just talking waffle?

Anyone heard any update on the fixtures and more specifically the Nth B situation? Will there be a bye or have they filled the spot? Heard they were looking to do a similar thing to a few years ago where they had Hoppers 3rds play there but weren't getting any buy in from the clubs they approached.

Craigieburn's ground was in terrible nick when they were last in Nth B. It badly needed to be re-surfaced, so maybe that's what is happening?

With regards to the bye situation - Altona North are considering putting their 2nds into Nth B. Nothing in concrete yet however.

CheeQuee;408735 said:
Craigieburn's ground was in terrible nick when they were last in Nth B. It badly needed to be re-surfaced, so maybe that's what is happening?

With regards to the bye situation - Altona North are considering putting their 2nds into Nth B. Nothing in concrete yet however.

Greenvales 2nds will fill in B1 fix up the bye.
I would have prefered Altona North.
All good now no bye.

CheeQuee;408735 said:

Chee, you obviously gest!! Their seconds finished top of the table last year and I would consider that it would not be the ideal situation for players pushing up to go from North B to Senior division. It was an interesting situation when Hoppers were there and those sides who played them twice were heavily advantaged to those who played them once. It will be interesting to see what happens!

Back