North A And B

HaHa, HaHa, HaHa. Nth"B" comp was it? I'm a fan of the "Z" Man. I think he is an exceptional cricketer. But show me where he"s taken a Nth"A" wicket in a finals match.

hope the cloth is clean that is wiping the egg of your face
redface.png

Roy-G-Biv where are you? You have been conspicuous by your absence. What are you up to old timer? In saying that the Guru has gone quiet also. Lets hear some of your protestations O wise one.

Good morning Dingo, things have been a little hectic over the six weeks or so. Very interesting results in North B on the weekend. Having said that I think Laverton should have won the game on the weekend but I probably would have thought it may have been closer. Fantastic result for Flemington who showed they are probably travelling quite well at the moment. Bastow in the wickets and if he is on over the next 2 weekends it may be a very close game. Bad luck to Roosters who gave themselves every opportunity this season, and to finish second they have done an exceptional job. Looking forward to the Grand Final I think it will be a very close game, both sides are very evenly matched and both have match winners with both bat and ball. Laverton are maybe a touch stronger bowling wise but as Flemington have shown this year they have some very capable bats who may like the ball coming on a little from the likes of Smith, Baker and Wells. Any thoughts on where the Grand Final may be played??

North A- surprised?? Probably only that Tulla were as convincing as they were in the end. The Z takes wckets and has made a major difference to Tulla since his return, I think the results over the stretch confirm this. St Albans have missed two in two years with probably in many peoples minds the best attach in the grade. You still gotta get them no matter how good the bowling is. The FU/ Jacana game must have been a great game to watch given FU were 9 down and the scores level- unbelieveable! Most would have thought a FU/ St Albans granny, so they are 50% right. I would think FU should win but grand finals throw up many different scenarios over 4 days. Good luck to all who are lucky enough to be playing over the next couple of weekends.

Roy-G-Biv where are you? You have been conspicuous by your absence. What are you up to old timer? In saying that the Guru has gone quiet also. Lets hear some of your protestations O wise one.

Dingo, haven't seen you here for a while as well. Looks like finals time gets you outta hibernation or something- good to see ya alive and kicking. With yours truly...This stop-start season with rain and more rain has sorts of put a damper (pardon the pun) on things for me - will recoup and hopefully be back in 2011/12.

ON Semis..Always felt Jacana were a chance to upset United - Footscray batting collpased again but lucky they only had to chase down less than 100. Jacana missed a golden oppportunity, don't think they will get this chance next season.

St Albans result put a smile on my (and surely many others) face - Tulla definitely had their number. Will see the "goat herders" as ou once descibed 'em again in NTH A next season.

With Granny Tim Darcy got it spot on for mine Elstone - this young pommy is the best bat i have seen this year, not surprsing as he has a two year county contract. I worry about Tulla's bowling but last time round they did the business against united - although on an ordinary kinda deck.

In 4 days i like tulla's batting led by windrige/elstone and backed up by scott,Zajac and good dept with Kenney at 9/10 (a bloke you know better than me).With bat tulla has the discipline/class to bat for a long time. Z for mine is not much special but useful for tulla. At essendon the best he could achieve was 3rd X1 and even that with no distinction - but he's a good bloke and has for mine made the most outta his limited ability in VTCA- good luck to him. With the bat it's time for him to stand up...he's been living off that NTH B Granny bigun against Gr$$navle for a while, time to dig in with the willow Z.

Funited 2 blokes to look out for Jeffrey + The sri lankan medium pacer. Jeffrey can single handedly beat Tulla so he needs to have a big game. Others you mentioned we all know but the rest can be bundled pretty cheap (most well past their best). Preecee needs to stand up in a big game - flat track bully in recent times this bloke, cashes in against ordinary attacks - tulla attack ain't great so time to get amonst it.

My humble prediction Tulla to Win. Footscray United to rue another batting collapse. Tulla will bat 'em outta game with Elstone 100-200.Windridge will add the icing to the premiership cake.

Congrats on a fine career Roy, I here you retired last week :)

Any truth in the rumour Elstone's required back for county duties this week ? Big loss if true.... Particularly if rumour #2, Zaharodni at a wedding on day 1, is also true ??

Any truth in the rumour Elstone's required back for county duties this week ? Big loss if true.... Particularly if rumour #2, Zaharodni at a wedding on day 1, is also true ??[/quote]

I also heard that Elstone is heading back to the UK for his county. That will be a huge loss for the Tulla boys if that is true as he has been probably the only class bat in that side!!
Haven't heard about the Zaharodni being at a wedding? Surely if you make a grand final you would play and turn up to the reception afterwards.. If he misses then that could affect the bowling as it looks like he has bowled lots of their overs.. I have never faced him but by all reports he doesn't look like anything special and only bowls well when the deck suits him.. A road this week as we expect and I don't see him causing any damage to the Foots line-up.

I would have thought that Footscray would have been too good for them with a full side. They have class players in TJ and Preece with the bat and their bowling attack looks as good as any other in the comp. Only negative would have to be their middle order when the pressure has been on they have struggled to score runs..

Should be a good game and good luck to both sides!

Any truth in the rumour Elstone's required back for county duties this week ? Big loss if true.... Particularly if rumour #2, Zaharodni at a wedding on day 1, is also true ??

I also heard that Elstone is heading back to the UK for his county. That will be a huge loss for the Tulla boys if that is true as he has been probably the only class bat in that side!!
Haven't heard about the Zaharodni being at a wedding? Surely if you make a grand final you would play and turn up to the reception afterwards.. If he misses then that could affect the bowling as it looks like he has bowled lots of their overs.. I have never faced him but by all reports he doesn't look like anything special and only bowls well when the deck suits him.. A road this week as we expect and I don't see him causing any damage to the Foots line-up.

I would have thought that Footscray would have been too good for them with a full side. They have class players in TJ and Preece with the bat and their bowling attack looks as good as any other in the comp. Only negative would have to be their middle order when the pressure has been on they have struggled to score runs..

Should be a good game and good luck to both sides![/quote]

Zardhoni is BEST MAN and will miss the 1st day of the GF, Tulla will bat if they win the toss and try and get through no more than 7 down, if they lose the toss and bowl they will field their 12th man. Elstone is heading back to the UK tonight.

Zardhoni is BEST MAN and will miss the 1st day of the GF, Tulla will bat if they win the toss and try and get through no more than 7 down, if they lose the toss and bowl they will field their 12th man. Elstone is heading back to the UK tonight.[/quote]

How many overs is it in the 4 dayer? Can they bat for 2 days straight up?

Congrats on a fine career Roy, I here you retired last week :)

U r a cheeky ************... aren't you Mr Lookout.

Don't worry i am already planning my comeback next season, am sure you would understand, How many times is it now that
old man Mcllelan has called it quits, only to pull on the whites again n again...

Some runs under your belt in recent times have got you rejuvenated it seems - good to see.

If these rumurs about Elstone are true, then i reckon your odds of appearing in NTH division have gone up and will
continue to go up as young Elstone's plane moves away from good old land of OZ. All these rumors sound a bit iffy though..are Tulla lads indulging in mind games here? envy all sides invlolved in GFs, great fun these big games.

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing/non playing Coach for season 2011-2012

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf North A Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens VTCA
3 x Senior Mens WDCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 2 preferred with min 2 years experience

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in North A1 Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club
Competed in highest level ever achieved by club in Season 10/11 (North Division)
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

Good morning Dingo, things have been a little hectic over the six weeks or so. Very interesting results in North B on the weekend. Having said that I think Laverton should have won the game on the weekend but I probably would have thought it may have been closer. Fantastic result for Flemington who showed they are probably travelling quite well at the moment. Bastow in the wickets and if he is on over the next 2 weekends it may be a very close game. Bad luck to Roosters who gave themselves every opportunity this season, and to finish second they have done an exceptional job. Looking forward to the Grand Final I think it will be a very close game, both sides are very evenly matched and both have match winners with both bat and ball. Laverton are maybe a touch stronger bowling wise but as Flemington have shown this year they have some very capable bats who may like the ball coming on a little from the likes of Smith, Baker and Wells. Any thoughts on where the Grand Final may be played??

North A- surprised?? Probably only that Tulla were as convincing as they were in the end. The Z takes wckets and has made a major difference to Tulla since his return, I think the results over the stretch confirm this. St Albans have missed two in two years with probably in many peoples minds the best attach in the grade. You still gotta get them no matter how good the bowling is. The FU/ Jacana game must have been a great game to watch given FU were 9 down and the scores level- unbelieveable! Most would have thought a FU/ St Albans granny, so they are 50% right. I would think FU should win but grand finals throw up many different scenarios over 4 days. Good luck to all who are lucky enough to be playing over the next couple of weekends.

Thats the spirit. Good to see ya posting again. Yep I'm inclined to agree. Laverton for me. Seems I misjudged Flem, I thought they had gone off the boil. As you indicated should be a close game.

The Z has had a good game, taking 6 fa. Have heard the same rumour. Best man at a wedding. Whats he doing agreeing to that, did he think Tulla wern't good enough to play finals? With Elstone on a flight back to the UK one wonders what the club is doing. With best bowler and best bat out of the equation F/u should win easy. Tulla does not have alot of depth.

As Laverton one's and two's are in the Granny, they will probably play at East Keilors ground. Nth "A" at Nth Altona's ground and North Div at Spotswood. Seniors may play in the South somewhere.

Dingo, haven't seen you here for a while as well. Looks like finals time gets you outta hibernation or something- good to see ya alive and kicking. With yours truly...This stop-start season with rain and more rain has sorts of put a damper (pardon the pun) on things for me - will recoup and hopefully be back in 2011/12.

ON Semis..Always felt Jacana were a chance to upset United - Footscray batting collpased again but lucky they only had to chase down less than 100. Jacana missed a golden oppportunity, don't think they will get this chance next season.

St Albans result put a smile on my (and surely many others) face - Tulla definitely had their number. Will see the "goat herders" as ou once descibed 'em again in NTH A next season.

With Granny Tim Darcy got it spot on for mine Elstone - this young pommy is the best bat i have seen this year, not surprsing as he has a two year county contract. I worry about Tulla's bowling but last time round they did the business against united - although on an ordinary kinda deck.

In 4 days i like tulla's batting led by windrige/elstone and backed up by scott,Zajac and good dept with Kenney at 9/10 (a bloke you know better than me).With bat tulla has the discipline/class to bat for a long time. Z for mine is not much special but useful for tulla. At essendon the best he could achieve was 3rd X1 and even that with no distinction - but he's a good bloke and has for mine made the most outta his limited ability in VTCA- good luck to him. With the bat it's time for him to stand up...he's been living off that NTH B Granny bigun against Gr$$navle for a while, time to dig in with the willow Z.

Funited 2 blokes to look out for Jeffrey + The sri lankan medium pacer. Jeffrey can single handedly beat Tulla so he needs to have a big game. Others you mentioned we all know but the rest can be bundled pretty cheap (most well past their best). Preecee needs to stand up in a big game - flat track bully in recent times this bloke, cashes in against ordinary attacks - tulla attack ain't great so time to get amonst it.

My humble prediction Tulla to Win. Footscray United to rue another batting collapse. Tulla will bat 'em outta game with Elstone 100-200.Windridge will add the icing to the premiership cake.

I was flat on my back in hospital for three weeks from Dec 21 to Jan 14. However managed to play the last game of the season and was reasonably satisfied with my effort. Wife reckons I should retire and I said I would at seasons end, but I'm starting to get that urge again. Your a long time retired Roy.

If the Goat Herders were going to loose, it was always going to be their batting. Tulla's 225 or so was a good score, but on a reasonable deck it is always gettable. I don't think St.Albans improved their list from last season and that is a mistake as other clubs will. Tulla can attest to that. So can F/U, as they have improved their bowling Attack.

Someone posted on here recently that F/U"s catching would cost them the game in the big ones. If F/U has an achillies Heal I believe it might be their batting.Thats not to say their batting is crap. Their top six are the key as it falls away pretty sharply after that. 5 of the top six have made 100's before and in finals too. They'll take it to the next level and should win. All they have to remember is the granny is a longer game and patience at the crease is a virtue.

Your comebacks are as clever as your cricket knowledge. As I said he's no world beater but he's a very good local player. Were you one of the 6 this week ;-). Played round it

Nope. My team had it"s ticket cancelled last game of the season. He certainly stood up this game and deserves all the accolades.

What happened to FUCC on the weekend ? Wheels falling off come finals time.. not a good sign. Hope the boys can pull it back outta the fire and get back to basics again.

F/U had a good win in the semi V Jacana. Saw some of that game. Jacana Attack was impressive. Groves of Jacana was under bowled for some reason. Jacana threw everything at F/U in the 2nd dig but they couldn't penetrate Preece and O'Reilly's defences. F/U's top six are in form and should do the job next week.

Anyone hear SEN1116 this morning?

Altona Roosters coped a bagging on there by one Flemington talk back caller.

First of all, great name three in that. I feel as though that should be my name also as i seem to never find the boundary.
Heard that about the Altona 'chickens' on the radio. I find the result great for all concerned. Flemington much better side than them. Just think Roosters, all that money down the gurgler with nothing to show for it. Same with coming 4th in the poker tourney, same result, you just played longer. Well done to Roachy for sucking another club dry. What club will you venture to next I wonder?

Anyone know why the Flemington caller went ballistic at the 'Chickens' for? Is it because of them only bowling 20 overs on the second day, then calling quits?

Well, the worst season of cricket is nearly behind everyone, good luck to all finalists. I hope that next season will have a few more days of cricket played lol.

Did someone say tourney?

Jacana through everything at F/U in the 2nd dig but they couldn't penetrate Preece and O'Reilly's defences. F/U's top six are in form and should do the job next week.
I will probably venture up for one of the days of GF.
Nothing like GF tension.
Cream rises to the top / the wheat is removed from the chaff.
Good luck to both teams in Nth A.

Back