North A And B

Its always sad when someone dies, let alone in the circumstances surrounding him. He must have been a severely depressed man. I pass on my condolences to the St Albans CC and to his family

A Young Kid.
What a tragedy. my sympathies to his family and friends.
Many who played against him had one or two verbal stouches with Matt, came across as a very confident kid (and certainly a talented bat) but this is shocking news. Very very sad. May he rest in peace.

sad news about St Albans opening bat Matt Montebello passing away this week
the kid could certainly bat and had untapped ability
Shocked! That is really sad news, just way too young. Had the chance to play with him in the 21's. Very laid back sort of character and never had anything bad to say. Could definitely play and would've rated him as one of the best young batsman in the vtca. Had natural flair and loved playing his shots, was always willing to take on the bowlers. Condolences to his family and also St Albans, very sad to hear.

Just looked at the 2012-13 fixtures for North A1, what are East Keilor still doing there? Are they after back to back premierships? Surely they would have wanted to play in the North section after their two big wins in last years finals.
Just looked at my rule book and it says in rule E2.6 that, " The grand finalists of North A1 shall be promoted to the next highest senior section." It doesn't say that only the runner up gets promoted.

I see Robertson has followed Brodie to Taylors Lakes. So Brodie walks out leaving the club high and dry and then takes the clubs best bat with him!! Disgrace!!!
Taylors Lakes must be throwing the cheque book around to get the both of them!! I wonder how Glen Jones will react to not being the big fish anymore at the club?
That being said looks like they will be strong this year.

Evan Matthews has gone to St Francis. He coached them last year cos they had no one else but did not want him to do it again and my understanding is they r struggling to find someone

Evan Matthews has gone to St Francis. He coached them last year cos they had no one else but did not want him to do it again and my understanding is they r struggling to find someone

Thanks for clearing that up

North A , is there any grounds that won't be ready for play Saturday?

Evan Matthews was appointed captain of FCC for season 2012/13, he quit the club several weeks after his appointment. He requested a clearence and one was granted.

The FCC had no difficulty finding a replacement and are very happy to have appointed Justin Nelson captain and are looking forward to succesful season on and off field.

Just wondering if the rumors r true, quite a few have left Kingy Baps, if so anyone know who,why & anyone chasing or picked up???

Evan Matthews was appointed captain of FCC for season 2012/13, he quit the club several weeks after his appointment. He requested a clearence and one was granted.

The FCC had no difficulty finding a replacement and are very happy to have appointed Justin Nelson captain and are looking forward to succesful season on and off field.

Seems alot has gone wrong for your club since you won the toss and bowled in the GF only to see Laverton bat for 3 days. Prob a good decision to sack that Captain but to lose another one so close to this season maybe its Karma for that "Altona Chicken's comment. Funny to see where both clubs are at now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooster are happy to have Kingys opener on board. I dont know much about there off field issues but looks like they have some work to do. We wont worry about the Chickens comment we just hope to serv up some "Hot and Spicey" cricket during the season. The boys are looking forward to the season ahead.

Back