North A And B

Geez what a shambles the north are becoming, wouldn't see this crap down south!! Localised showers during a week of hot weather has been happening for years in the north!!

Guys fact of the matter is the Pitch at Lionheart reserve is terrible and is not conducive for good cricket for yourselves and other clubs. I don't know how you can recruit quality batsmen to your club based on that deck. Low scores out of Lionheart oval all year. Demon bowlers??? Hmmmm.
Im told your a cashed up club my advise is spend some money on a good curator provide quality pitches to your members. Spend some good coin on a curator over the next 3-4 years this can enhance your junior and secondary players more than cash outlays for senior players.
We should all be trying to play the best standard of cricket possible.

Gday Coq, I'm not real sure what scores you're looking at from Lionheart, there has been some good runs scored there in 2 day games this year, including a score of 5/388 one game, 256, 3/215, 7/269dec, 7/259................... anyway we all play park cricket and we all play on bad tracks from time to time, if you happen to play on a deck thats doing a fair bit, as a batsman you don't try and be a hero, you adjust to the conditions and just wear a helmet ffs................. & as for the bloke who broke his leg, getting your foot stuck can obviously happen at any ground.

Hussler well said wickets changed game to game im sure you know that. I think wearing spikes and with the weather we had foot doesn't get stuck in a pitch if it was dry considering the weather we had should of been pretty dry. Obviously the wicket was not and hessian still pretty wet around 11;45 gives me concerns about the preparation of this wicket for week 2 !!! Jacob Jacob maybe we are not as good we think we are but more think and speak to few player that where their I don't think we had fair chance on that deck given the state of the wicket. I don't think we are to far ahead of selves at all we have played well got into the 4 and we were looking forward to lakers game as well as our upcoming game agaist abers who I think are big dark horse and good side. looking forward to see how my roosters go this game against abers we will have few out but happens with all clubs. Enough our game being the talk the st albans and haig game result has been protested like know some thoughts on that considering we are not only two clubs in the division

Hussler well said wickets changed game to game im sure you know that. I think wearing spikes and with the weather we had foot doesn't get stuck in a pitch if it was dry considering the weather we had should of been pretty dry. Obviously the wicket was not and hessian still pretty wet around 11;45 gives me concerns about the preparation of this wicket for week 2 !!! Jacob Jacob maybe we are not as good we think we are but more think and speak to few player that where their I don't think we had fair chance on that deck given the state of the wicket. I don't think we are to far ahead of selves at all we have played well got into the 4 and we were looking forward to lakers game as well as our upcoming game agaist abers who I think are big dark horse and good side. looking forward to see how my roosters go this game against abers we will have few out but happens with all clubs. Enough our game being the talk the st albans and haig game result has been protested like know some thoughts on that considering we are not only two clubs in the division

The Haig v St.Albans game is not in dispute. It has been put in by mistake.

***News Flash***
Altona Roosters have changed their name to "Altona Chickens"

F*!$ me can you actually speak ? You definitely struggle to write.

Interesting goings on in North A... Does anyone know what happened with the Avo Heights Marby Park game in North B2? They completed a one-dayer on the first weekend of the round just finished... I would have thought, that hovering near the 4, Avo would want to have a crack at some extra points for finals. What are the circumstances around this one being played as a one-dayer on the first day of a two-dayer?

Interesting goings on in North A... Does anyone know what happened with the Avo Heights Marby Park game in North B2? They completed a one-dayer on the first weekend of the round just finished... I would have thought, that hovering near the 4, Avo would want to have a crack at some extra points for finals. What are the circumstances around this one being played as a one-dayer on the first day of a two-dayer?
Avondale had a running sprint event on their ground over that 2nd weekend which they usually have each year.

So how is the VTCA going to deal with those clubs that played their full 80 overs whilst some others lost half the day? You can't tell me it wasn't 38 degs in Sunshine (Selwyn park) but it was everywhere else? See a lot of games still played in Altona and Laverton areas but there was a chance I suppose that in those areas further out it might not have got to 38.

So how is the VTCA going to deal with those clubs that played their full 80 overs whilst some others lost half the day? You can't tell me it wasn't 38 degs in Sunshine (Selwyn park) but it was everywhere else? See a lot of games still played in Altona and Laverton areas but there was a chance I suppose that in those areas further out it might not have got to 38.

The temp in Laverton never got above 36.3 on saturday, so if you look at the group of clubs who have to go by the Lavo weather you'll find a few sunshine clubs amongst them. I was at Newport and they go by Melb temperature so they got called off.

I just think its bizarre that you can play in west division and not all clubs are in the same group for the heat policy

Tuyet, do you have anything to add in a cricketing sense. So unless you have some cricketers looking for new homes to play at next season, I think you might have the wrong forum champ.

Fair enough Sledge i thought freedom of speech was a right not a privilege.
More than happy to abide by the VTCA decision.
I thought it would be good for people to know the goings on so no one needs to go thru this again.
Consider it a lessons learnt exercise.
Bye.

any news on the protest ??????????????????

Back