North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Snagglepuss;280838 said:
Guru-the Miller situation -they would have hoped they could bat the first day especially at AP, and then have him to bowl the 2nd week. Obviously didnt work out that way but probably more due to poor batting than anything Im guessing. But I totally agree on the declaring by AP. Why would they have not got Seabrook back in b4 the end of Day 1 to have a few overs at them. Big mistake that one by Albers as they never needed 250 in front.
Jacana-full credit to them as they just keep rolling on. Nothing spectacular about them, tehir bowling is honest, batting less so but they keep getting the job done. Interesting to not a certain controversial player returned to their 2nds last game and returned to the bowling crease. I wonder if all the question marks over his action can now be put to bed??? Only time will tell.........
See it looks like Craigieburn choked too. They had Flemington 8-121 chasing 223 and Flem still got up. Small ground I suppose but still.......
And how ridiculous is it that we could have a situation where teams (MV & HC) send their 1's &2's to the wrong ground? That was ridiculous but given the 234 versions of the draw there has been, no wonder it happended!

I hope for the players sake he gets it right, he's a good kid and I think the previous powers that held sway were happy for it to continue. I spoke to Rick Hudson about it and he told me that while there was a big question mark in his mind then he would not bowl. Great stance taken and I think it may have really hit home for SB. I know when he did some work on his action that he came back with the perfect action but lost the thing that made him a factor and that was his pace. He didn't get the new ball so maybe he's still coming to grips with the changes? Plenty of blokes who have played cricket and lost a yard have worked hard on oving the ball around in the air and off the deck and have been really good bowlers. Any feedback on how the teams are finding Flemington's new ground, for a ground that is small there aren't too many huge scores. I'm still shaking my head about the Aber Park disaster, that's all I can call it, North B is tight and 4 points may be the difference between a home final or heading out to unfimilar territory. I see Kingsville have been struggling in the churches, my friend Khawa has done nothing so far which is disappointing as he is a gun and a gun bloke to go with it. I look forward to this weeks games A'Park won't get it their own way at Crazyburn. MV vs WC should be cracker and Adrich shouldn't be far away. Jacana to paste HC and Flemington to probably do it easy against Seabrook.

Tips for this week.

Footscray United to beat abers
Eask Keilor
Greenvale
Westmeadows
Tulla
Keilor Park.

Should be some good games

7/564;281135 said:
Tips for this week.

Footscray United to beat abers
Eask Keilor
Greenvale
Westmeadows
Tulla
Keilor Park.

Should be some good games

Brave picking EK even if they have got a few of their guys back.
I'll go FU, Albion, Gvale, AH, Tulla and KP.
Headline to be:Windridge & Zahorodni scorch Saints!

The Flemington ground is a strange one but I think you can get some average decks there though. It is also coming on the back as being used as a 3&4's ground in previous years so don't know if it would be in as good a condition than if it was a 1's ground previously.
So for Nth B, I'll go Jacana outright over HC, AP easy, WC (in a close one over MV) and Flem (in a close one over Funky Miller).
Headline to be: Wickramasinghe notches first ton!

what i saw on the weekend was the most disgraceful thing ever...
spend a bit of time driving round n checking out the local comps, when i was watching st albans and at the end of the game...
one young fella was refusing to shake hands at the end of the game.
now what happens on the field stays on it so there is no place in cricket for that klinda behaviour..

the language coming out of his mouth towards the bloke trying to shake his hand was horrendous...
i believe this kids name (thats all he was a little red-nutted kid) was montebruno or sumthing, aboslutely terribble behaviour and i hope to never see it again on the field...

cherried_lid;281271 said:
what i saw on the weekend was the most disgraceful thing ever...
spend a bit of time driving round n checking out the local comps, when i was watching st albans and at the end of the game...
one young fella was refusing to shake hands at the end of the game.
now what happens on the field stays on it so there is no place in cricket for that klinda behaviour..

the language coming out of his mouth towards the bloke trying to shake his hand was horrendous...
i believe this kids name (thats all he was a little red-nutted kid) was montebruno or sumthing, aboslutely terribble behaviour and i hope to never see it again on the field...

Could not agree with you more cherrie lid. His name is Montebello and he is a disgrace, to add fuel to the fire, from all accounts the week before he was lucky that the guys at abers didnt want to take it further when he racially abused one of their players. this is no word of a lie as byrne heard it and had to pull him back into line on the field.

His teammates should be ashamed of him & his behaviour and should banish him from the team

A disgrace of a bloke, a disgrace of a cricketer who will go no further in his life than pushing torlleys at the local safeway

SHAGGY;281330 said:
Could not agree with you more cherrie lid. His name is Montebello and he is a disgrace, to add fuel to the fire, from all accounts the week before he was lucky that the guys at abers didnt want to take it further when he racially abused one of their players. this is no word of a lie as byrne heard it and had to pull him back into line on the field.

His teammates should be ashamed of him & his behaviour and should banish him from the team

A disgrace of a bloke, a disgrace of a cricketer who will go no further in his life than pushing torlleys at the local safeway

Boys isn't this kid 17 years old and has just finished his junior years? They really need to put the brakes on this kid if he is that young and already out of control. We are lucky to play with and against some great guys from all parts fo the world and there is no room for this crap. I was born overseas but have lived here all my life and have heard it all before. In this day and age how does a kid slip through the system without being pulled up previously because surely it would have gone on in juniors. Sad thing is I think the kid can play!

if that is true re the racial taunts he should have been reported

in this day and age and with the number of nationalities playing within the comp that sort of behaviour is not on one bit....

7/564;280725 said:
Including last game, Barton, Hackney, Butterworth, Handke and Fennesy, will all play either from last game or starting this game.

And waiting on two more. An Operning bowling and a bat who bowls spins

I think i might take all this back, not as many back as first thought :mad:.

After this Saturdays game a total off 21 players used in the first already this year.

John_Dyson;281366 said:
so they are the RELEGATION fav for sure then 7 fa !!!

All depends if its bottom 4 i will say yes, but if its bottom 2, i still think they can win a few games just not sure if 3 wins will be enough with this close comp

Guru14;281338 said:
Boys isn't this kid 17 years old and has just finished his junior years? They really need to put the brakes on this kid if he is that young and already out of control. We are lucky to play with and against some great guys from all parts fo the world and there is no room for this crap. I was born overseas but have lived here all my life and have heard it all before. In this day and age how does a kid slip through the system without being pulled up previously because surely it would have gone on in juniors. Sad thing is I think the kid can play!

Sounds like he fits right in down there at st albans. they would have to be the worst side for sledging.... i don't even think you can call it sledging all it is i f's and c's the whole day. u'd think with all that money they have they would be able to take a course on how to be decent people but i guess the upgrade of the TAB or pokies is more important to them

Jester;281411 said:
looks like some good games this week in north A. who and why will be victorious this week?

go back to earlier posts this week Jester and there is plenty of selections provided

whats your thoughts ?

on paper atleast 2 interesting games.

Avondale Heights v Westmeadows
Don't know about this, is this going to be another year AH lose in semis, will they even make the semis, difficult if they drop games like these? & as for westmeadows are they 5th 6th on the ladder side, they played in finals a year ago just senaked in 4th that year and credit to them put up a great show against St Albans, Are they good enough to be in the 4 this season? we may get some answers after this game.

Tullamarine v St Albans - st albans off to slow start in same vein as last season, if they lose this then i think it makes 'em 1-3 and things start to look a bit dire season wise. So going on that i tip 'em to win, Tulla coming off 2 brilliant wins so St Albans win would be an upset on current form OBVIOUSLY!

Other games should be reasonably 1 sided, KP, Green$le & Albion should win?

Wouldn't wanna be the Loser of footunited vs Aberfeldie. Especially if foot lose.

OK here are my guesses and hopes for this round.

St Albans
KP
footunited
AH
Albion
greenvale jsut kidding about the $$$'s every other club would spend if they had any to spend.

ROY G BIV;281466 said:
on paper atleast 2 interesting games.

Avondale Heights v Westmeadows
Don't know about this, is this going to be another year AH lose in semis, will they even make the semis, difficult if they drop games like these? & as for westmeadows are they 5th 6th on the ladder side, they played in finals a year ago just senaked in 4th that year and credit to them put up a great show against St Albans, Are they good enough to be in the 4 this season? we may get some answers after this game.

Tullamarine v St Albans - st albans off to slow start in same vein as last season, if they lose this then i think it makes 'em 1-3 and things start to look a bit dire season wise. So going on that i tip 'em to win, Tulla coming off 2 brilliant wins so St Albans win would be an upset on current form OBVIOUSLY!

Other games should be reasonably 1 sided, KP, Green$le & Albion should win?

Wouldn't wanna be the Loser of footunited vs Aberfeldie. Especially if foot lose.

OK here are my guesses and hopes for this round.

St Albans
KP
footunited
AH
Albion
greenvale jsut kidding about the $$$'s every other club would spend if they had any to spend.

I think Abers season depends on these next two saturday's, if they lose they have got a long season ahead of them and it could be curtains for A1. Albion will be back on the winners list against East Keilor and unfortunately for EK they will find themselves back in B1 after consecutive relegations. Greenvale over the line easily, Tulla doing all the right things and I think they will win against St Albans but only just and KP way to strong for the boys on Seddon. Avondale vs Westy should be a cracker but I just think avondale will get over the line but it's a close one to call. Avondale good bowling lineup but Westy has been in ok form with the bat. Does Jeffrey hold the key for Avondale or will he be out trumped by Lambeth for Westy- Great game ahead!

Guru

I respect yr knowledge but u keep banging on about Abers and their weaknesses...

do you know much about their team make up this year ?

Word is they have a very promising young 16yo in their team ?? not sure of his name....

Also the new spinner seems to have got wickets so far, high up in the wicket takers...

some other names listed which I havent seen before either ??

are u going on past years or current team make up ?

rolled 3 sides for less than 140 in the first 3 games so it cant all be because of shit wickets can it ?

if they start making runs ?? (if being the word) who's to say they cant attack the 4 ?

having a bad rep for past seasons doesnt always mean it will carry over forever and a day ?

your thoughts

Wow, interesting to hear re St Albans - that Monty kid has always had attitude problem !! Would think he is about 20 now too, not 17 ... Brne hardly the saint to keep him under control - anyone whose changed clubs 5 years in a row must be a decent bloke?

This weeks predictions, hmmm - tough ones

Albion and East Keilor will both go down - game irrelevant but for sake of tipping will guess Albion
Tulla much better than St Albans
Greenvale much better than Parkville
Keilor Park much better than Seddon
Footscraty and Abers both decent sides, no relegation worries I wouldnt think for either of them but Abers lack of runs will make it hard, Foots import took 7 last week and they have plenty of batsman.
Avondale should beat Westmeadows - I agree with whoever posted before that Avo's lankan is best bowler in comp - although Pizarro may have claims too.

Season tips

Top: KP Tulla Gvale Avo and maybe FU
bottom: EK Albion Parkville

round so far....

Aberfeldie not enough runs.....again, dont put their scores up in reasonable time so no idea who made any....186 out there aint enough, FU 2/70 in reply

EK....terrible again...all out 127 vs Albion 3/90...outright is def on

Parkville 9/208 in 80.....looks like a slow day against Greenvale...match in the balance

Av Height....209 all out T Jeff 124 n/o, they rely on too few it seems skipper and Sri Lankan quick....Westmeadows 0/11 and game def on

Tulla...168 vs St Alb 0/12....game still on I would think, St Alb should get them but ????

KP ...268....too many you would think for Seddon who are 2/40 in reply....

Tulla the big surprise out of those current scores...

John_Dyson;282279 said:
round so far....

Aberfeldie not enough runs.....again, dont put their scores up in reasonable time so no idea who made any....186 out there aint enough, FU 2/70 in reply

EK....terrible again...all out 127 vs Albion 3/90...outright is def on

Parkville 9/208 in 80.....looks like a slow day against Greenvale...match in the balance

Av Height....209 all out T Jeff 124 n/o, they rely on too few it seems skipper and Sri Lankan quick....Westmeadows 0/11 and game def on

Tulla...168 vs St Alb 0/12....game still on I would think, St Alb should get them but ????

KP ...268....too many you would think for Seddon who are 2/40 in reply....

Tulla the big surprise out of those current scores...

Ek Albion Game- When you get someone that has never umpried before its a disgrace to have them umpring first grade cricket.

I'm not one to complian but when you get 5 wickets handed to you how can you make runs.

Ek were none 24 going along nicely first wicket caught behind of pad, then just started getting back on top at 3 76 then comes along 4 LBW in the space of 5 overs, the last one only one that was close. What can a side do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back