North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

any truth in the rumour that a current North A1 Cap/Coach and former North A1 Cap/Coach and current player of the same club nearly came to blows during the days play on Sat ?

heard from a reliable source the r/ship is shot to bits !!!!

John_Dyson;282328 said:
any truth in the rumour that a current North A1 Cap/Coach and former North A1 Cap/Coach and current player of the same club nearly came to blows during the days play on Sat ?

heard from a reliable source the r/ship is shot to bits !!!!

r u refering to suares and manning? Two big egos/captain Coaches @ in 1X1 was never going to be a smooth ride especially if team was losing way more than winning.

Can u give us names plz y be so ambigious.

ROY G BIV;282455 said:
r u refering to suares and manning? Two big egos/captain Coaches @ in 1X1 was never going to be a smooth ride especially if team was losing way more than winning.

Can u give us names plz y be so ambigious.

;)....

Bit quiet in here recently, let's get ur htought on these:

1.Best bats/bowlers in Nth A
2.Overated Bats/bowlers
3.Why is he a paid player? Blokes r not good enough to be paid players but somehow are?
4.Next big thing? could be a young kid or a new face/name we haven't come across, basically someone who steps up.
5.Talent down the drain? underachievers, bloke with ability/talent but no results, could be either due to lack of apllication or other factors.

Intersting to gauge ur thoughts in NthA.

ROY G BIV;282866 said:

2.Overated Bats/bowlers
3.Why is he a paid player? Blokes r not good enough to be paid players but somehow are?
4.Next big thing? could be a young kid or a new face/name we haven't come across, basically someone who steps up.
5.Talent down the drain? underachievers, bloke with ability/talent but no results, could be either due to lack of apllication or other factors.

Fast Bowler - De Silva @ Av Heights and Pizarro
Bat - Windrige prob the best but don't think there are ANY real outstanding bats in North A, lot of ok bats who can do plenty on their day but no real stand outs
Spinner - T Jefferey & A Shanahan @ Aberfeldie are probably the best in North A, most highly credentialed at least both got wickets to kick start their season

Underacheivers - skipper @ Aberfeldie tops the list doesnt he ?:eek:

ROY G BIV;282866 said:

2.Overated Bats/bowlers

1. Zaharodni, Suares, Lambeth, Misiti
2. T Jeffrey - got shown up in Senior Div, made va 100 in a 2nd innings and did not play straight or correct enough to be a consistent top order bat in Senior.
3. Good luck to anyone earning cash, I hope their teammates are happy with one player earning money whilst the others are fuinding it.
4. S BRne seems to be a great up and coming player with loyalty, think he might be one to watch.
5. Agree with last post - Abers.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;283724 said:
1. Zaharodni, Suares, Lambeth, Misiti
2. T Jeffrey - got shown up in Senior Div, made va 100 in a 2nd innings and did not play straight or correct enough to be a consistent top order bat in Senior.
3. Good luck to anyone earning cash, I hope their teammates are happy with one player earning money whilst the others are fuinding it.
4. S BRne seems to be a great up and coming player with loyalty, think he might be one to watch.
5. Agree with last post - Abers.

Liked that one, S Byrne n Loyalty go hand in Hand. Wonder who he’ll be loyal to next season.

Personally I feel the standard of cricket has dropped in This grade dramatically over the last few years,e specially when it comes to batting. Agree with He Who Knows Best who states: “don't think there are ANY real outstanding bats in North A”.
1. Best Bat: S Windridge, simply because he is the only on who played @ a Higher level last year District ones with Bombers and did OK. Other blokes who rate themselves as bats have been running around local comps for a while now.

Best bowlers, The overseas Import @ Avondale + Jeffrey the best spinner by a few miles, I blanchett KPark.

2. Overrated, Now this was always going to be a bit harsh, so plz takee it with a grain of salt. I reckon Shanahan, picked wickets but really he is meant to be an offspins, but does never spin the thing and essentially bowls poo. D Zahorodini has done the job for his club in Nth b and Since last year in Nth A made 150 this year and a massive 150+ in Nth B GF but I still reckon he aint much chop, it goes to show that the overall standard has slipped dramatically when a bloke who was average at best in the District 3X1 at essendon can put up such perforences, nothing personal, the bloke has done better than most so all the best to him but I still think he ain’t much.

3. Most blokes in Nth A who r getting paid should not. Here are some who I think deserve to be paid, Bronca n O’Keefe at yarraville, V Ion at Doutta last year, D brown at APW just a couple of examples they’re good enough to be paid for what they do , In Nth A , some of the so called paid pros , well good on ‘em but really? Would u spend your hard earned cash on them.

4. Steps Up: Outta left field this one: S Thompson from KP he’s already made a 116 this season should be a good performer at this level for years to come, He's ahs been around a while thought at 2ndX1 AND !X1 not saying he’ll dominate but has the ability to be a consistent performer.

5. As far talent down the drain, underachievers, well every club at least has 1 of those, would be good to know who that individual is at ur joint

ROY G BIV;284106 said:
Liked that one, S Byrne n Loyalty go hand in Hand. Wonder who he’ll be loyal to next season.

Personally I feel the standard of cricket has dropped in This grade dramatically over the last few years,e specially when it comes to batting. Agree with He Who Knows Best who states: “don't think there are ANY real outstanding bats in North A”.
1. Best Bat: S Windridge, simply because he is the only on who played @ a Higher level last year District ones with Bombers and did OK. Other blokes who rate themselves as bats have been running around local comps for a while now.

Best bowlers, The overseas Import @ Avondale + Jeffrey the best spinner by a few miles, I blanchett KPark.

2. Overrated, Now this was always going to be a bit harsh, so plz takee it with a grain of salt. I reckon Shanahan, picked wickets but really he is meant to be an offspins, but does never spin the thing and essentially bowls poo. D Zahorodini has done the job for his club in Nth b and Since last year in Nth A made 150 this year and a massive 150+ in Nth B GF but I still reckon he aint much chop, it goes to show that the overall standard has slipped dramatically when a bloke who was average at best in the District 3X1 at essendon can put up such perforences, nothing personal, the bloke has done better than most so all the best to him but I still think he ain’t much.

3. Most blokes in Nth A who r getting paid should not. Here are some who I think deserve to be paid, Bronca n O’Keefe at yarraville, V Ion at Doutta last year, D brown at APW just a couple of examples they’re good enough to be paid for what they do , In Nth A , some of the so called paid pros , well good on ‘em but really? Would u spend your hard earned cash on them.

4. Steps Up: Outta left field this one: S Thompson from KP he’s already made a 116 this season should be a good performer at this level for years to come, He's ahs been around a while thought at 2ndX1 AND !X1 not saying he’ll dominate but has the ability to be a consistent performer.

5. As far talent down the drain, underachievers, well every club at least has 1 of those, would be good to know who that individual is at ur joint

who is the one at your joint Roy ?

ROY G BIV;282866 said:

2.Overated Bats/bowlers

1. Best Bats: Joe Misiti always looks quality, Manning and Preecy at FUCC are key wickets every year, whilst this Windrige sounds like a player - who is he playing for this year? Best bowlers are Suares and the Avondale import, plus Pizaro whose stats speak for themselves.

2. OVerrated - I dont know how Steve Brne gets wickets - he bowls straight up and down slow mediums... Zarodni good bowler but just slogs with the bat, not sure Jeffrey is as good as people are making out - doesnt turn it !! Mannings bowling fits this category too and seems new coach knows it...

3. At risk of sinking the boot into a carcas, Nyhus !!! D.Barletta captaining Albion, I really hope thats for free as if he's getting coin it could be better spent...

4. Albion had a good young quickie last year - Brooke I think was his name, good player. FUCC have a young Sri Lankan bat who oozes talent and their wicketkeeper bat (Mackay) has 700 runs in 2 year and is under 21. East Keilor are very young this year and one or two of them look like they could become quality players but names escape me - Montebello is a very ordinary bloke but has some batting ability which would probably blossom if he wasnt hated by all and sundry!!

5. So many of these around - based on junior potential I remember blokes like McKerracher (Druids/StAlbans) and Ainge (FU) making thousands and theyve never really kicked on although both have played senior cricket for 10 years so must do just enough... The keeper at Tulla (is it Scott) seems highly rated but does nothing week in and week out - also a poor bloke, maybe has a touch of the Montebellos about him.

The Big Zee;284173 said:
1. Best Bats: Joe Misiti always looks quality, Manning and Preecy at FUCC are key wickets every year, whilst this Windrige sounds like a player - who is he playing for this year? Best bowlers are Suares and the Avondale import, plus Pizaro whose stats speak for themselves.

2. OVerrated - I dont know how Steve Brne gets wickets - he bowls straight up and down slow mediums... Zarodni good bowler but just slogs with the bat, not sure Jeffrey is as good as people are making out - doesnt turn it !! Mannings bowling fits this category too and seems new coach knows it...

3. At risk of sinking the boot into a carcas, Nyhus !!! D.Barletta captaining Albion, I really hope thats for free as if he's getting coin it could be better spent...

4. Albion had a good young quickie last year - Brooke I think was his name, good player. FUCC have a young Sri Lankan bat who oozes talent and their wicketkeeper bat (Mackay) has 700 runs in 2 year and is under 21. East Keilor are very young this year and one or two of them look like they could become quality players but names escape me - Montebello is a very ordinary bloke but has some batting ability which would probably blossom if he wasnt hated by all and sundry!!

5. So many of these around - based on junior potential I remember blokes like McKerracher (Druids/StAlbans) and Ainge (FU) making thousands and theyve never really kicked on although both have played senior cricket for 10 years so must do just enough... The keeper at Tulla (is it Scott) seems highly rated but does nothing week in and week out - also a poor bloke, maybe has a touch of the Montebellos about him.

Windridge at Tulla.

ROY G BIV;284106 said:

Hope your not inferring these blokes arent getting paid?
Just because they are listed as not being paid doesn't mean they aren't!

ROY G BIV;284106 said:

You from KP Roy ? You seem to know their players (even 2nd XI one's well):eek:

know you said take it with a grain of salt but how can you call Zahondri (leading wicketaker & 2nd highest runscorer at Tulla, 1st yr in A1) and Shanahan (leading wicketaker at Aberfeldie, can't make a run, hasn't been in this comp before by the look of it) as overrated ? what more are they meant to do ? don't see where they have been all that pumped up either, Zahondri somewhat but Shanahan has been mentioned once as a spinner of note. If that means overated I'd be very surprised. There would be way more players who have been in this competition a lot longer than these two, other blokes who are meant to be the lynchpins of their teams and don't perform anywhere near where they should (especially for the $$ they command)

re paid players, all you mention are Senior Div guys ? don't be blind to the fact that those guys would be getting money and plenty of it no doubt:D

Aberfeldie mentioned as underachievers ? How do you get called an underachiever when you are just plain terrible. Looking at the statistics there top 2 wickets takers are closer to 40 than 30 and the gun bat Cap/Coach has not made a run. I think they overachieve by winning 1 game in a season:rolleyes:

4th to 11th seperated by 9 points only

EK have to be the 1 confirmed relegation team at the moment, unless there is a miracle swing by them they have to be cemented into the bottom 4 now.

FU would have to call themselves unlucky as would Albion all the other games were 50/50after the first week.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;284237 said:
Hope your not inferring these blokes arent getting paid?Just because they are listed as not being paid doesn't mean they aren't!

No. i wasn't inferring that mate.

I would be surprised if they aren't getting $$$'s . It's highly unlikely they r playing for nothing.

This weeks games

whats your thoughts ??

Round 5

29 Nov, 6 Dec(1:00 PM) Aberfeldie v Westmeadows Clifton Park
29 Nov, 6 Dec(1:00 PM) East Keilor v Parkville District Overland Reserve
29 Nov, 6 Dec(1:00 PM) Greenvale v St Albans Greenvale Recreation Reserve
29 Nov, 6 Dec(1:00 PM) Avondale Heights v Keilor Park Canning Street Reserve
29 Nov, 6 Dec(1:00 PM) Tullamarine v Footscray United Tullamarine Reserve
29 Nov, 6 Dec(1:00 PM) Seddon v Albion Hanmer Reserve

ROY G BIV;285290 said:
No. i wasn't inferring that mate.

I would be surprised if they aren't getting $$$'s . It's highly unlikely they r playing for nothing.

Rnd 5, nearly half way mark of the season. Phew,It’s gone quick.
Obviously last rnd a number of clubs left spewing and others breathing a sigh of relief.
FUnited, St Albans and albion would ‘ve to be particularly disappointed with the WO, given their starts to the season. All had a chance to set some sort of foundation for rest of the year. They all had a chance to be 2-2. Wel that’s gone now. & that brings us to this weeks matches: What r your tips:
Some good games here: (Looking at the ladder with the exception of EK everyone else still has a chance to make the finals if they r good enough)
1 v 2 KP V Avondale – Both undefeated but KP with more convincing performances so KP Favourites for mine here. Avondale a danger side though what am I saying they’r undefeated , they should be a danger side. Will be surprised if they beat KP Though.
Greenvale V St Albans - I Just have a feeling St Albans are due here.
Tulla V Foot United – Tulla should take the bIkkies in this one
Abers V Westy - on Abers deck it could be anyones game. Westy r a better side but that wicket will give abers plenty of hope.

Others games should be pretty straight forward.
Albion and Parkville Should get over the line.
So Which one is the Match of the round for u?

Match of the Round has to be 1 vs 2 doesnt it ?
Think KP will win it unless the Sri Lankan goes ballistic

Tullamarine to smash FU and Zahondri to get 5 wickets and totally destroy FU's finals hopes

Aberfeldie might actually win this one which would send some shockwaves through to the relegation zone teams, they have dodged a bullet with the half points last week and the 1st innings win but outright loss to AH. Shanahan to spin them to a win on a shit wicket

Can't see St Alb winning and the other 2 games as Roy has outlined look clear cut

He who knows best;285865 said:
Match of the Round has to be 1 vs 2 doesnt it ?
Think KP will win it unless the Sri Lankan goes ballistic

Tullamarine to smash FU and Zahondri to get 5 wickets and totally destroy FU's finals hopes

Aberfeldie might actually win this one which would send some shockwaves through to the relegation zone teams, they have dodged a bullet with the half points last week and the 1st innings win but outright loss to AH. Shanahan to spin them to a win on a shit wicket

Can't see St Alb winning and the other 2 games as Roy has outlined look clear cut

big meeting at st albans tonight... romour has it if s byrne continues to bowl all day at least 4 players to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back