North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Wayne_Izard;278238 said:
Seeing we have a forum specific to the VTCA we can now have the different comps listed in their own threads

Here's the North A1 thread...

Howdy Wayne Izard. North "A" match of the round appears to be Avondale V's Keilor Park. No love lost between those two clubs. Should be a firey close fought match. Too close to call.

Which two clubs do you think will play the match of the round in Nth "B"?

Looks like last sats washout will annoy Footscray, Greenvale and Keilor Park as I'm sure they would have penciled in a win for round 4.

John_Dyson;280804 said:
I questioned David Z's ability not the team in general Im 100% sure they will be around the mark....he goes ok and this is probably his level...so he should perform....

how many teams gets dropped ? you have said 3 and not mentioned East Keilor.....they are in mammoth strife already.....one of FU and Abers sits close to the 4 after this round seeing they play each other so you would think whoever that is could be safe even at this early part of the year.....

as for losing culture I hear you completely re that but Aberfeldie have from what I see some new names in the team and a number of people that played in the last few years seem to be playing 2nds or not at all....from all reports experienced recruit Shanahan has started to inject something into the side....Av Heights said he nearly got them over the line with the ball last round

Aberfeldies deck is below par and for that reason it will test batsmen. There bowling attack is honest and there are a few guys in the side with a bit of nouse. If they stick together I believe they will win at least three games before the end of the season. Look out Westmeadows, Parkville, Seddon and Albion.

Ifya Adballs;286158 said:
Word is one has already walked - back to his old Club.

Surely it doesn't come as a surprise that SB will bowl himself all day. Albion had no complaints when he bowled them to a premiership! Obviously the 4 r guys who think they can bowl better than SB and would provide more to the side. These 4 guys would have been talking up St Albans chances when they acquired SB in the off season.
I think there are plenty more problems than just SB at the club right at the minute, and the stories coming out about Montabello can't be a great reflection on the club to tolerate that behaviour from one of their young 'guns'

Can cofirm the player who has walked fro st albans is the one & only Timmy McKerracher! Gone back to Druids. No idea on who the other possibles are

Guru14;286169 said:
Surely it doesn't come as a surprise that SB will bowl himself all day. Albion had no complaints when he bowled them to a premiership! Obviously the 4 r guys who think they can bowl better than SB and would provide more to the side. These 4 guys would have been talking up St Albans chances when they acquired SB in the off season.
I think there are plenty more problems than just SB at the club right at the minute, and the stories coming out about Montabello can't be a great reflection on the club to tolerate that behaviour from one of their young 'guns'

Hearing from Matty about his poor behaviour against Foots Utd, he said it was down to his dismissal, being run out.

HE reckons the bowler bowled the ball, he left it through to the keeper, keeper throws it to 1st slip, and then he walks down the wicket to do gardening. 1st slip throws it at the stumps whilst out of his crease. Utd appeal and the only officiating umpire doesen't know the proper rules and gives him out. This was because the St Albans sq leg umpire didn't know the right ruling either.

I'd be pretty angry myself if that happened to me. Any official umpire must know the rules to be able to get a gig in any game. Can't say I'd want to willingly shake too many hands after the game in that instance.

And FYI, the sq leg umpire was no other than S Brne.

beached as;286240 said:
Hearing from Matty about his poor behaviour against Foots Utd, he said it was down to his dismissal, being run out.

HE reckons the bowler bowled the ball, he left it through to the keeper, keeper throws it to 1st slip, and then he walks down the wicket to do gardening. 1st slip throws it at the stumps whilst out of his crease. Utd appeal and the only officiating umpire doesen't know the proper rules and gives him out. This was because the St Albans sq leg umpire didn't know the right ruling either.

I'd be pretty angry myself if that happened to me. Any official umpire must know the rules to be able to get a gig in any game. Can't say I'd want to willingly shake too many hands after the game in that instance.

And FYI, the sq leg umpire was no other than S Brne.

well there aren't many blokes who would embrace the opposition players if this happened to them. I know spirit of the game does not always show through in the middle nowadays but what footUnited did was not on....i believe Manning was responsible for the so called runout and the funny thing is he cracked shits a week later with his own CC Suares a week later. So by the sounds of it the Bigfella had a terrific fortnight.

ROY G BIV;286249 said:
well there aren't many blokes who would embrace the opposition players if this happened to them. I know spirit of the game does not always show through in the middle nowadays but what footUnited did was not on....i believe Manning was responsible for the so called runout and the funny thing is he cracked shits a week later with his own CC Suares a week later. So by the sounds of it the Bigfella had a terrific fortnight.

Not knowing the full story (and thanks for clearing it up) I can see the kids frustration but if you go back over the posts on this subject I think it was more than not shaking oppositions hands. What FU did is not on regardless of whether the ump knows the rules or not but surely if SB was the square leg and as a senior cricketer should the rules not have been consulted? It's a 5 minute delay in the game and as we all know once the ball has left the keepers glove and the gentleman's rule is the ball is dead. Do we go back to saying leave wicket when going to do some gardening or speaking with your batting partner.
There's disappointment in the way he was given out but I think the shaking of the hands was the straw that broke the camels back. There was a lot of swearing and unsportsman like behaviour which went with it. Which given the circumstances of his dismissal was in line with what FU had already dished up. We play the game with many unwritten rules every week and those are a gentlemen's agreement which have been in place for years, like when the ball comes off the batsmen attempting a run and no further runs are taken etc. Maybe we need to get back to the reason everyone puts on their whites every week and thats to play strong hard cricket within the rules but also within the spirit of the game which in this case has been clearly stepped over.

Dingo_Jones;286110 said:
Howdy Wayne Izard. North "A" match of the round appears to be Avondale V's Keilor Park. No love lost between those two clubs. Should be a firey close fought match. Too close to call.

Which two clubs do you think will play the match of the round in Nth "B"?

Looks like last sats washout will annoy Footscray, Greenvale and Keilor Park as I'm sure they would have penciled in a win for round 4.

Hey Dingo, it may well be the Werribee Centrals Vs Aberfeldie Park fixture this week. Centrals have Aaron Edrich back in the lineup and to be honest he is the X factor to their chances this year. He did very well against AP last year and I know that he has been the talking point with most clubs this year given his absence so far. The games hold no excitement for me at this stage! AP will need to bat well to win this round and I think Aaron will be better for the run from last game. AP just only because their batting doesn't look to be as suspect as Centrals.

Guru14;286265 said:
Hey Dingo, it may well be the Werribee Centrals Vs Aberfeldie Park fixture this week. Centrals have Aaron Edrich back in the lineup and to be honest he is the X factor to their chances this year. He did very well against AP last year and I know that he has been the talking point with most clubs this year given his absence so far. The games hold no excitement for me at this stage! AP will need to bat well to win this round and I think Aaron will be better for the run from last game. AP just only because their batting doesn't look to be as suspect as Centrals.

Yep, I agree re AP. Old man emu (Albers) is due to turn in a big one with both bat and ball. This could be the game that he fires on all cylinders. Conditions should suit him. He just needs to sort out how best to remove 9, 10, jack quickly.:D

P.S. Re extreme heat policy. I've got some more info that you and others might be interested in. I'll let you know as soon as I work out how to post it in legible form.

What do you think of the new format for reading posts. I find it annoying and I may disappear from the scene. I much prefer the previous format.

Guru14;286261 said:
Not knowing the full story (and thanks for clearing it up) I can see the kids frustration but if you go back over the posts on this subject I think it was more than not shaking oppositions hands. What FU did is not on regardless of whether the ump knows the rules or not but surely if SB was the square leg and as a senior cricketer should the rules not have been consulted? It's a 5 minute delay in the game and as we all know once the ball has left the keepers glove and the gentleman's rule is the ball is dead. Do we go back to saying leave wicket when going to do some gardening or speaking with your batting partner.
There's disappointment in the way he was given out but I think the shaking of the hands was the straw that broke the camels back. There was a lot of swearing and unsportsman like behaviour which went with it. Which given the circumstances of his dismissal was in line with what FU had already dished up. We play the game with many unwritten rules every week and those are a gentlemen's agreement which have been in place for years, like when the ball comes off the batsmen attempting a run and no further runs are taken etc. Maybe we need to get back to the reason everyone puts on their whites every week and thats to play strong hard cricket within the rules but also within the spirit of the game which in this case has been clearly stepped over.

OK so who do u reckon are the most ill behaved bunch in the Nth A Grade.

My Vote:

St Albans + Albion Can't split'em really but on my recent observations, Albion probably have to No:1 Even when they were struggling a couple of years ago in 1'S They had some foul mouths on 'em.

Having said that, personally it's always fun to play agianst them both because you know no matter what there will be some agro and even fireworks.Funny beating them on the scoreboard makes 'em go quite...ohh what a sight. Both clubs are terrific losers as well. Sportsmanship personified

Tulla are also never short of a word. So i think these would be my top 3.

ROY G BIV;286933 said:
OK so who do u reckon are the most ill behaved bunch in the Nth A Grade.

My Vote:

St Albans + Albion Can't split'em really but on my recent observations, Albion probably have to No:1 Even when they were struggling a couple of years ago in 1'S They had some foul mouths on 'em.

Having said that, personally it's always fun to play agianst them both because you know no matter what there will be some agro and even fireworks.Funny beating them on the scoreboard makes 'em go quite...ohh what a sight. Both clubs are terrific losers as well. Sportsmanship personified

Tulla are also never short of a word. So i think these would be my top 3.

Roy, Tulla pretty good at it and had been well coached in the art over a few years. Young scott behind the stumps is pretty chatty and I'm very surprised he's still playing VTCA as he believes he goes ok. East Keilor have been good as well over the years but not sure this year. They really wouldn't have much to say given they have gone backwards at a rate knots. They'll probably chat it up in B1 next though.
Strange that Abion and St Albans figure in your best, usual suspects though in both sides. The game needs some chat but sometimes what happens is laughable for the wrong reasons

Are you kidding Roy, Tulla by an absolute mile. Tulla have a couple of good cricketers & a good skipper but the rest you can keep, especially the keeper a major TOOL who can't keep or bat. Accoriding to him though he is a real bad ass & he'll smash ya - what a f*cking Joker!!!! St Albans aren't too bad & the same with Albion although both can get carried away. F/U have some quality sledgers cuttin around - only drama is that half of em are ordinary cricketers but good blokes. KP are usually pretty good & Parkville are almost mutes! Westy & Avondale have a couple that have a go but nothing too bad.

skipper who keeps at Abers is a drongo as well

takes about one comment to him before he goes off his nut, its like he's looking for someone to say something to him so he can respond

his own opinion of himself is way higher than the actual standard of his game and for the captain of a side who's won 2 games in the last 2 years you would hide in a corner and be quiet wouldn't you ?

2time;286966 said:
Are you kidding Roy, Tulla by an absolute mile. Tulla have a couple of good cricketers & a good skipper but the rest you can keep, especially the keeper a major TOOL who can't keep or bat. Accoriding to him though he is a real bad ass & he'll smash ya - what a f*cking Joker!!!! St Albans aren't too bad & the same with Albion although both can get carried away. F/U have some quality sledgers cuttin around - only drama is that half of em are ordinary cricketers but good blokes. KP are usually pretty good & Parkville are almost mutes! Westy & Avondale have a couple that have a go but nothing too bad.

yep! i reckon u summised it pretty well.

Tulla did hit the ground running or should i say yapping in their first year in Nth A last season and i guess they would say backed it up to certain extent finishing 5th or there abouts.

Imagine playing them this year with the inclusion of Windrige and Roach atleast one of them lifts their skill level and possibly gives others more reason to talk it up, not that they neeeded any.

Dingo_Jones;286800 said:
Yep, I agree re AP. Old man emu (Albers) is due to turn in a big one with both bat and ball. This could be the game that he fires on all cylinders. Conditions should suit him. He just needs to sort out how best to remove 9, 10, jack quickly.:D

P.S. Re extreme heat policy. I've got some more info that you and others might be interested in. I'll let you know as soon as I work out how to post it in legible form.

What do you think of the new format for reading posts. I find it annoying and I may disappear from the scene. I much prefer the previous format.

Dingo I think Centrals might beat AP, no Leon Townsend Booth for the Bears which weakens their batting given the form he has been in. There wasn't much between them and I thought that AP batting was slightly stronger but now I'm not too sure. With the inclusion of Aaron Edrich, there might be some sleepless nights tonight before tomorrows game. He's the boogie man for a couple of their bats and he boogie man always gets you in the end:eek:

Guru14;287417 said:
Dingo I think Centrals might beat AP, no Leon Townsend Booth for the Bears which weakens their batting given the form he has been in. There wasn't much between them and I thought that AP batting was slightly stronger but now I'm not too sure. With the inclusion of Aaron Edrich, there might be some sleepless nights tonight before tomorrows game. He's the boogie man for a couple of their bats and he boogie man always gets you in the end:eek:

With rain/showers forecast do u reckon we'll get on the park tomorrow. If the rnd goes ahead tosses may having some bearing on the final results.

ROY G BIV;287422 said:
With rain/showers forecast do u reckon we'll get on the park tomorrow. If the rnd goes ahead tosses may having some bearing on the final results.

Roy the weather has been ok during the week so I would think the decks should be good right at the moment. With the washout last week I would think curators would be preparing the same decks so unless we get plenty before the covers go down I think it's game on and the wickets should be fair with a little in them for the first hour or so. Really you couldn't ask for much more than that, a little in the wicket that settles down to be a really good batting deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back