North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

2time;358643 said:
It's wrong of a club or player to change parts of an agreement once they've been nutted out. How many times has a player told a club he's in definately in 100 % committed & then after a phone call or meeting with another club you get the story too good an offer to say no to...or some other crap. Ask St Albans & Asif. I've heard Tulla changed the deal on Roach as well which isn't right or fair but i've also heard he was shopping himself around to every other club as well during the same period. He'll play @ the Valley this year, be serviceable & move on next year for an extra $100 if he can.
You hit the nail on the head here... Roachy has been a great custodian of the game in his 20 years but now is only shopping for coin. The only stipulation Tulla put on him was to play all games and score 400 runs. Sounds fair to me for a person of his calibre. They already knew he could only train one night but that's not value for money on what he was on last season...

Can anyone tell me something about Michael Staples (ex broadmeadows player)? Bat or bowler?

StAndrewsman;358978 said:
i hav a question for the people that look at this forum, mostly north B ppl (if any) but anyone can answer. I was just wondering how much money teams spend on player payments/incentives for the year (inclusive of coach/es) coming from a different competition, would be good knowledge to know what money changes hands etc.

thanks guys

Coach's can be on anywere between 2-7,000 bucks.

Some clubs give money for a player eg 1,000 to play.

Other clubs might have an incentive system were they pay 1,2,3 or 4 dollars a run, 10 20 30 or 40 dollars a wicket.

Most clubs are different but if you include coach, oversea's player and incentive base for all first 11, you will be paying anywere from 3,000 up to 10,000 maybe. For north A & B i think thats a bit much but some clubs do pay it

brett;358714 said:
English pro cricketer looking for a club this summer in Australia.
Has 1700 runs @ 81 & 37 wickets @ 12 in 3 years in the DDCA
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.
Contact Brett baernst35@hotmail.com

Alex Roberts only ever played a handful of 20/20, never played a First Class game. He has been shopping himself around for almost 6 months, if anyone wanted him surely they would have signed him by now.

Probably a reflection on how people view performances in the DDCA...

Back to the DDCA board for you now Beaver....

7/564;358995 said:

Other clubs might have an incentive system were they pay 1,2,3 or 4 dollars a run, 10 20 30 or 40 dollars a wicket.

Most clubs are different but if you include coach, oversea's player and incentive base for all first 11, you will be paying anywere from 3,000 up to 10,000 maybe. For north A & B i think thats a bit much up some clubs do pay it

Then you look at St Albans - A.Maccamond - $20k + $20k for other recruits = paying min $40k, Footscray United - T.Jeffries - $15k to capt/coach + paying for other players. How much you think M.Valley spending now Roach(min $5k) has gone there + import + coach?
Airport West & YCCC in senior pay well above $60k, Keilor above $35k.

Senior Div or Nth B - Both local Park Cricket - Only hope of success is having $$$ - is everyone happy with that?

brett;358714 said:
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.

Tell him he's dreaming

local cricket pres;358941 said:
Ease up Tiger! I would be more than happy to bet that the top Turf 1 DDCA teams would be better than any teams the VTCA has to offer.

No worries. Put your hand in your pocket, open up that wallet and put your money where your mouth is...
All you have to do then in convince a DDCA side to put themselves forward. VTCA clubs would be lining up to give them a touch up, like the poor skinney little kid in the school yard...

stalbans;358855 said:
You hit the nail on the head here... Roachy has been a great custodian of the game in his 20 years but now is only shopping for coin. The only stipulation Tulla put on him was to play all games and score 400 runs. Sounds fair to me for a person of his calibre. They already knew he could only train one night but that's not value for money on what he was on last season...

Can anyone tell me something about Michael Staples (ex broadmeadows player)? Bat or bowler?

i believe staples is a bowler...ex player from broady sub district 1XI......i think any club paying a player that is in thier 40's should have a no play no pay clause.....

i heard the same thing happened at st albans when roach was coach.....asked the club to chase all the guns in the league and would not develop any of the 2's players.......sounds like tulla have made the right decision

Not Just Empty Words;359014 said:
No worries. Put your hand in your pocket, open up that wallet and put your money where your mouth is...
All you have to do then in convince a DDCA side to put themselves forward. VTCA clubs would be lining up to give them a touch up, like the poor skinney little kid in the school yard...

Wouldnt travel that far for my holidays.
Do they have a beach out that way?

Roachy is a good get for MV. I'd back him in for 400+ (provided his hammies go the journey). Comparing him and Byrne - Most blokes who play against Roachy are happy to have a beer with him after the game - Same can't be said about Steve (and this is coming from a bloke who gets along with him pretty well!)
Will be interested to see how St Albans go this year - McCammond Dunn Cook and Jones form a fair attack. Just as well Thrush is captain or he wouldn't get a bowl at all!!!

brett;358714 said:
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

I may have missed this but if he's so good then why don't you want him at your club?

parkcricketer;359029 said:
Roachy is a good get for MV. I'd back him in for 400+ (provided his hammies go the journey). Comparing him and Byrne - Most blokes who play against Roachy are happy to have a beer with him after the game - Same can't be said about Steve (and this is coming from a bloke who gets along with him pretty well!)
Will be interested to see how St Albans go this year - McCammond Dunn Cook and Jones form a fair attack. Just as well Thrush is captain or he wouldn't get a bowl at all!!!

Missing a spinner for me. But will go a long, long way this year. It will be all about how they gel these gun's together.

Not Just Empty Words;358875 said:
Alex Roberts only ever played a handful of 20/20, never played a First Class game. He has been shopping himself around for almost 6 months, if anyone wanted him surely they would have signed him by now.

Probably a reflection on how people view performances in the DDCA...

Back to the DDCA board for you now Beaver....

Ease up Tiger! I would be more than happy to bet that the top Turf 1 DDCA teams would be better than any teams the VTCA has to offer.

ROY G BIV;358746 said:
U smelly goose, so u did have some money?
Surprised but well done to u blokes, if he came back because of loyalty then all the respect to him, if no one could match his pay hike than well done to Avo for enticing him back. Will make u a competitive side if u put some runs on board. Great signing nonetheless.

Smelly goose!

Who said we had no money? That's right it was you. No, idea who you are but your are not on our club committee so you opinon is very hollow. I told we found some at the end of your rainbow.

I didn't come down to money

i hav a question for the people that look at this forum, mostly north B ppl (if any) but anyone can answer. I was just wondering how much money teams spend on player payments/incentives for the year (inclusive of coach/es) coming from a different competition, would be good knowledge to know what money changes hands etc.

thanks guys

Very true. Makes you wonder why they didn't go after Roach, unless there is bad blood there. Maybe it's time everybodies least favourite ranga stood up!!!! Sick of hearing from St Albans people how good this kid is when he hasn't actually done anything!!!

thanks guys

I would think any North B club spending more than $5k for coach and incentives would surprise me. I could be wrong in thinking guys play that level of cricket because they love playing and not for the cash.

there would seem to be only one way to find out ,and that would be a rep game, DDCA against the VTCA that would be a great game to see !!

parkcricketer;359039 said:
Very true. Makes you wonder why they didn't go after Roach, unless there is bad blood there. Maybe it's time everybodies least favourite ranga stood up!!!! Sick of hearing from St Albans people how good this kid is when he hasn't actually done anything!!!

If your talking about Montebello, I think it just comes down to shot selection for him. He has a fantastic eye and hits the ball cleanly, but generally gets out trying to hit one too many balls for a boundary. If the St. Albans wicket comes up trumps this year and is reasonably flat, he could make a few. If it is like last year, I don't think he will get settled unless he changes his game.

thanks guys

Most clubs are different but if you include coach, oversea's player and incentive base for all first 11, you will be paying anywere from 3,000 up to 10,000 maybe. For north A & B i think thats a bit much but some clubs do pay it

beached as;359041 said:
If your talking about Montebello, I think it just comes down to shot selection for him. He has a fantastic eye and hits the ball cleanly, but generally gets out trying to hit one too many balls for a boundary. If the St. Albans wicket comes up trumps this year and is reasonably flat, he could make a few. If it is like last year, I don't think he will get settled unless he changes his game.

Agreed he has a good eye - but a 2cent head. From what I've heard from an ex coach down there he just doesn't listen. You would think St Albans will do their best to come up with a flat track this year, given there bowling line up. I doubt they will struggle to bowl sides out. Apparently Shane Jones can bat a bit too.

7/564;358995 said:

Most clubs are different but if you include coach, oversea's player and incentive base for all first 11, you will be paying anywere from 3,000 up to 10,000 maybe. For north A & B i think thats a bit much up some clubs do pay it

Then you look at St Albans - A.Maccamond - $20k + $20k for other recruits = paying min $40k, Footscray United - T.Jeffries - $15k to capt/coach + paying for other players. How much you think M.Valley spending now Roach(min $5k) has gone there + import + coach?
Airport West & YCCC in senior pay well above $60k, Keilor above $35k.

Senior Div or Nth B - Both local Park Cricket - Only hope of success is having $$$ - is everyone happy with that?

parkcricketer;359042 said:
Agreed he has a good eye - but a 2cent head. From what I've heard from an ex coach down there he just doesn't listen. You would think St Albans will do their best to come up with a flat track this year, given there bowling line up. I doubt they will struggle to bowl sides out. Apparently Shane Jones can bat a bit too.

Jones can bat, will be one of the better ones going around this year.

hussler;359040 said:
You wouldn't get a game anyway Coq...........:D:D

nice to see you found out where the real cricketers hang out...:D
the jungle drums are beating load out at Digman.... Good luck.

Not Just Empty Words;359014 said:

Wouldnt travel that far for my holidays.
Do they have a beach out that way?

thanks guys

you chasing coin champ?
why worry about other peoples back yards!!!!!

BigCoq;359048 said:

hahaha u never dissapoint big coq :)

Missing a spinner for me. But will go a long, long way this year. It will be all about how they gel these gun's together.

BigCoq;359048 said:

"Real Cricketers".........well what the hell are you doin here???:eek:
All the best in the new comp,yous will need it........:D

ITS A SHAME,, BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE THERE WOULD BE PLENTY OF CLUBS IN NORTH A AND NORTH B PAYING WELL OVER 25 GRAND FOR THERE 1ST ELEVENS..:cool:

THERE WERE PLAYERS RUNNING AROUND IN NORTH B LAST YEAR GETTING 6-7 GRAND JUST AS PLAYERS PLUS RUNS AND WICKETS.

SOME GUYS REALLY DO PLAY FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME BUT FOR EVERY ONE OF THEM THERE IS ONE THAT IS ONLY PLAYING FOR THE CASH.

YOU CAN GUESS WHO THEY ARE , THEY ARE THE GUYS THAT PLAY AT 10 DIFFERENT CLUBS OVER THERE PLAYING TIME.

ITS BEEN THIS WAY IN THIS COMP FOR A LONG LONG TIME.

IF THATS WHAT THEY NEED TO PLAY IN THIS COMP I SAY GOOD LUCK TO THEM IT ONLY MAKES THE WHOLE THING STRONGER:cool:

You'd almost think that if you got along with Steve so well, you'd know how to spell his last name in Brne, but that's just me.

Played against both blokes and have enjoyed a beer with both blokes. Nothing wrong with playing it hard on the ground and then having a beer off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back