North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

BigCoq;359049 said:
you chasing coin champ?
why worry about other peoples back yards!!!!!

nah mate, just wondering how much money ppl get offered and how much clubs spend in A1 and B1, id need a lot more skill to be offered any money :p

parkcricketer;359039 said:
Very true. Makes you wonder why they didn't go after Roach, unless there is bad blood there. Maybe it's time everybodies least favourite ranga stood up!!!! Sick of hearing from St Albans people how good this kid is when he hasn't actually done anything!!!

If your talking about Montebello, I think it just comes down to shot selection for him. He has a fantastic eye and hits the ball cleanly, but generally gets out trying to hit one too many balls for a boundary. If the St. Albans wicket comes up trumps this year and is reasonably flat, he could make a few. If it is like last year, I don't think he will get settled unless he changes his game.

beached as;359041 said:
If your talking about Montebello, I think it just comes down to shot selection for him. He has a fantastic eye and hits the ball cleanly, but generally gets out trying to hit one too many balls for a boundary. If the St. Albans wicket comes up trumps this year and is reasonably flat, he could make a few. If it is like last year, I don't think he will get settled unless he changes his game.

Having played juniors with him, I couldn't agree more. One of the cleanest ball striker I've seen. Had a decent start to his senior career a few season back, but struggled last year. The wicket is a key, but with the bowling line up they have this year, I can see green top's at kings park every week. It happened with Patel, they produced dust bowls every week and he took 8fa's like it was a training run. Not saying its a bad thing, but with batting being the weak point, you would think they would improve the decks for this year. Shane Jones is good inclusion, will need to be consistent.

beached as;359041 said:

Agreed he has a good eye - but a 2cent head. From what I've heard from an ex coach down there he just doesn't listen. You would think St Albans will do their best to come up with a flat track this year, given there bowling line up. I doubt they will struggle to bowl sides out. Apparently Shane Jones can bat a bit too.

hussler;359066 said:
"Real Cricketers".........well what the hell are you doin here???:eek:
All the best in the new comp,yous will need it........:D

rrrreeeeeooooowwwwww!!!! move along.
this site is for real cricket chatter!!!!!

parkcricketer;359042 said:
Agreed he has a good eye - but a 2cent head. From what I've heard from an ex coach down there he just doesn't listen. You would think St Albans will do their best to come up with a flat track this year, given there bowling line up. I doubt they will struggle to bowl sides out. Apparently Shane Jones can bat a bit too.

Jones can bat, will be one of the better ones going around this year.

hussler;359040 said:
You wouldn't get a game anyway Coq...........:D:D

nice to see you found out where the real cricketers hang out...:D
the jungle drums are beating load out at Digman.... Good luck.

moonee valley began training last sunday officially.. About 20-25 turned up which was extremely encouraging. Unofficially a few of the boys have been having a hit at the nets with the bowling machine for a few weeks now....

StAndrewsman;358978 said:
i hav a question for the people that look at this forum, mostly north B ppl (if any) but anyone can answer. I was just wondering how much money teams spend on player payments/incentives for the year (inclusive of coach/es) coming from a different competition, would be good knowledge to know what money changes hands etc.

thanks guys

you chasing coin champ?

we at the Roosters have had two runs...the numbers are good and everyone is upbeat, it's a big step for a club to change comps and whilst i'm sure we will go ok you never really know until we are into it!! Our coach is keen to make an impact and a bit of culture change and those of us on the committee will support him all the way!!:D

BigCoq;359048 said:

hahaha u never dissapoint big coq :)

roosters hack;359184 said:
we at the Roosters have had two runs...the numbers are good and everyone is upbeat, it's a big step for a club to change comps and whilst i'm sure we will go ok you never really know until we are into it!! Our coach is keen to make an impact and a bit of culture change and those of us on the committee will support him all the way!!:D

Who ended up getting the gig to coach the Roosters. I heard they had a crack at a few players, just wondering who ended up with the job. Good luck for the coming season Roosters

BigCoq;359048 said:

parkcricketer;359029 said:
Roachy is a good get for MV. I'd back him in for 400+ (provided his hammies go the journey). Comparing him and Byrne - Most blokes who play against Roachy are happy to have a beer with him after the game - Same can't be said about Steve (and this is coming from a bloke who gets along with him pretty well!)
Will be interested to see how St Albans go this year - McCammond Dunn Cook and Jones form a fair attack. Just as well Thrush is captain or he wouldn't get a bowl at all!!!

Park, you seem to have a pretty big grasp on the Saints, is that where you play. They seem to have recruited well and look like they will play finals at worst. Lets be honest though Thrush (who apparently might only be coaching, not the captain but nothing confirmed to me yet) would get a bowl in any side in the comp. A tough player who has a bit of talent I would say. One of the best players in the comp, just needs a few more runs for my liking.

ITS A SHAME,, BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE THERE WOULD BE PLENTY OF CLUBS IN NORTH A AND NORTH B PAYING WELL OVER 25 GRAND FOR THERE 1ST ELEVENS..:cool:

Wallop;359226 said:
Who ended up getting the gig to coach the Roosters. I heard they had a crack at a few players, just wondering who ended up with the job. Good luck for the coming season Roosters

in the end we with some one internal his name Peter thomas

THERE WERE PLAYERS RUNNING AROUND IN NORTH B LAST YEAR GETTING 6-7 GRAND JUST AS PLAYERS PLUS RUNS AND WICKETS.

SOME GUYS REALLY DO PLAY FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME BUT FOR EVERY ONE OF THEM THERE IS ONE THAT IS ONLY PLAYING FOR THE CASH.

YOU CAN GUESS WHO THEY ARE , THEY ARE THE GUYS THAT PLAY AT 10 DIFFERENT CLUBS OVER THERE PLAYING TIME.

ITS BEEN THIS WAY IN THIS COMP FOR A LONG LONG TIME.

IF THATS WHAT THEY NEED TO PLAY IN THIS COMP I SAY GOOD LUCK TO THEM IT ONLY MAKES THE WHOLE THING STRONGER:cool:

Wallop;359226 said:

We had a red hot dip at Thrushy but in the end i think we were to far away for him with a young family.
We got Peter Thomas has played at north melb 2nds champion player at standerews and also at our club, highly regarded and respected by all. His main mantra is to coach one on one & Create a more profesional culture.Got to respect that.
Not one person has left the club including the last two Coaches i think this speaks volumes of the man and the club. P.T. is doing it for the right reasons.Go Us!
lets see how we go!!!! Hope we can be competitive.

Roachy is a good get for MV. I'd back him in for 400+ (provided his hammies go the journey). Comparing him and Byrne - Most blokes who play against Roachy are happy to have a beer with him after the game - Same can't be said about Steve (and this is coming from a bloke who gets along with him pretty well!)
Will be interested to see how St Albans go this year - McCammond Dunn Cook and Jones form a fair attack. Just as well Thrush is captain or he wouldn't get a bowl at all!!!

You'd almost think that if you got along with Steve so well, you'd know how to spell his last name in Brne, but that's just me.

Played against both blokes and have enjoyed a beer with both blokes. Nothing wrong with playing it hard on the ground and then having a beer off it.

BigCoq;359049 said:
you chasing coin champ?

nah mate, just wondering how much money ppl get offered and how much clubs spend in A1 and B1, id need a lot more skill to be offered any money :p

Nah I don't play with the Saints mate but can confirm Thrush is definitely captaining as well. He is a good bloke, plays it hard but happy to have a beer afterwards - the way it should be done. My point is with their new bowling line up he isn't going to get many overs at all. He'll be lucky to bowl 50 overs for the year. The big threats to them this year (on paper anyway) are probably going to be Footscray United & MV. TJ is a massive pick up for FU and MV with Roach and Pridham there will be very competitive.

beached as;359041 said:

Having played juniors with him, I couldn't agree more. One of the cleanest ball striker I've seen. Had a decent start to his senior career a few season back, but struggled last year. The wicket is a key, but with the bowling line up they have this year, I can see green top's at kings park every week. It happened with Patel, they produced dust bowls every week and he took 8fa's like it was a training run. Not saying its a bad thing, but with batting being the weak point, you would think they would improve the decks for this year. Shane Jones is good inclusion, will need to be consistent.

Canary Yellow;359071 said:
You'd almost think that if you got along with Steve so well, you'd know how to spell his last name in Brne, but that's just me.

Played against both blokes and have enjoyed a beer with both blokes. Nothing wrong with playing it hard on the ground and then having a beer off it.

Wasn't talking about my own opinion of him. Like I said I get along well with Steve, but alot of blokes don't.
As for his surname - who are you; his mum?

hussler;359066 said:

rrrreeeeeooooowwwwww!!!! move along.
this site is for real cricket chatter!!!!!

plodder;359547 said:
Hi guys been following chat for a while, anyone heard any news out of Jacana

Got a feeling they will struggle this year! Hudson an co have left the club, which will leave mixed feelings throughout the club. Know for a fact that quite a few fellas didn't like the way he went about coaching.
Not too sure what Groves and the others Hudson brought to the club are doing as yet. Also heard they may have recruited a sri lankan import but unaware as to how high he has played.
The mindset at that club has always been to play cricket for leisure more so than trying to achieve sucess as a club, so with the major losses they have had in the off season, I cant see them having any real impact on north b this season

moonee valley began training last sunday officially.. About 20-25 turned up which was extremely encouraging. Unofficially a few of the boys have been having a hit at the nets with the bowling machine for a few weeks now....

parkcricketer;359464 said:
Nah I don't play with the Saints mate but can confirm Thrush is definitely captaining as well. He is a good bloke, plays it hard but happy to have a beer afterwards - the way it should be done. My point is with their new bowling line up he isn't going to get many overs at all. He'll be lucky to bowl 50 overs for the year. The big threats to them this year (on paper anyway) are probably going to be Footscray United & MV. TJ is a massive pick up for FU and MV with Roach and Pridham there will be very competitive.

may struggle, seemed a bit out of sorts over the last 12 months. Great competitor and i hope he does ok this year.

milk gone bad;359600 said:
Got a feeling they will struggle this year! Hudson an co have left the club, which will leave mixed feelings throughout the club. Know for a fact that quite a few fellas didn't like the way he went about coaching.
Not too sure what Groves and the others Hudson brought to the club are doing as yet. Also heard they may have recruited a sri lankan import but unaware as to how high he has played.
The mindset at that club has always been to play cricket for leisure more so than trying to achieve sucess as a club, so with the major losses they have had in the off season, I cant see them having any real impact on north b this season

Will be interesting, if they hold on to Groves bowling will still be right up there but they couldnt make a competitive score last season

roosters hack;359184 said:

milk gone bad;359600 said:

Struggle every side above them on the ladder except Aberfeildie Park have gone up and if they had not been washed out against Hoppers would have played finals last season.

Park, you seem to have a pretty big grasp on the Saints, is that where you play. They seem to have recruited well and look like they will play finals at worst. Lets be honest though Thrush (who apparently might only be coaching, not the captain but nothing confirmed to me yet) would get a bowl in any side in the comp. A tough player who has a bit of talent I would say. One of the best players in the comp, just needs a few more runs for my liking.

NoUse4AName;359748 said:
Struggle every side above them on the ladder except Aberfeildie Park have gone up and if they had not been washed out against Hoppers would have played finals last season.

You need to win a game after christmas to usually make the finals! I hear the Lankan has taken over the captaincy, good guy. Will he struggle a little with his communication on field, I only ask because he is usually very quiet on the field. Interesting very interesting, it might be what jacana need to be more successful then they have.

Wallop;359226 said:

in the end we with some one internal his name Peter thomas

Guru14;359619 said:
may struggle, seemed a bit out of sorts over the last 12 months. Great competitor and i hope he does ok this year.

Dont quote me but I think he was injured at the start of last year and never really made up the lost ground. Change of Scenery could be just what he needs.
RE: Hudson/Jacana. Hudson and Groves are related so I reckon it's a safe bet Groves will be leaving too. They have a habit of moving to different clubs together.
I've heard Portou has gone to Cragieburn but is the rumour that Chapple is going there as well true? And if it is, what did Pizzaro do wrong there last year (Portou, Chapple and Pridham represents the loss of a fair bit of experience).
Or are they all leaving because with the newer experienced players (Innes, McDonald) there with Courts, Kent and Pizzaro, the are concerned they will lose there spots to kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back