North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Wallop;359226 said:
Who ended up getting the gig to coach the Roosters. I heard they had a crack at a few players, just wondering who ended up with the job. Good luck for the coming season Roosters

We had a red hot dip at Thrushy but in the end i think we were to far away for him with a young family.
We got Peter Thomas has played at north melb 2nds champion player at standerews and also at our club, highly regarded and respected by all. His main mantra is to coach one on one & Create a more profesional culture.Got to respect that.
Not one person has left the club including the last two Coaches i think this speaks volumes of the man and the club. P.T. is doing it for the right reasons.Go Us!
lets see how we go!!!! Hope we can be competitive.

parkcricketer;359890 said:
Dont quote me but I think he was injured at the start of last year and never really made up the lost ground. Change of Scenery could be just what he needs.
RE: Hudson/Jacana. Hudson and Groves are related so I reckon it's a safe bet Groves will be leaving too. They have a habit of moving to different clubs together.
I've heard Portou has gone to Cragieburn but is the rumour that Chapple is going there as well true? And if it is, what did Pizzaro do wrong there last year (Portou, Chapple and Pridham represents the loss of a fair bit of experience).
Or are they all leaving because with the newer experienced players (Innes, McDonald) there with Courts, Kent and Pizzaro, the are concerned they will lose there spots to kids?[/QUO

From my sources as of yet cragieburn r talking to Chapple as he is not happy with how much he bowled last yr and likely to bowl this yr. From all reports not to many ppl liked Pizzaro as a coach due to the amount of overs he was bowling and a few personality clashes i belive as well

RE: Hudson/Jacana. Hudson and Groves are related so I reckon it's a safe bet Groves will be leaving too. They have a habit of moving to different clubs together.

Groves is married to Hudson's cousin, but Groves staying at Jacana. Hudsons have moved to Coburg in the subbies with Hudson Snr as coach. Siriwardene at Jacana new CC. Hope he has a great season and can lift the club to its first premiership in over 30 years. Tough culture down there but club did well to make the GF 07/08. Disappointing to miss finals last season after beating eventual premiers Werribee Centrals outright during the season.

Nah I don't play with the Saints mate but can confirm Thrush is definitely captaining as well. He is a good bloke, plays it hard but happy to have a beer afterwards - the way it should be done. My point is with their new bowling line up he isn't going to get many overs at all. He'll be lucky to bowl 50 overs for the year. The big threats to them this year (on paper anyway) are probably going to be Footscray United & MV. TJ is a massive pick up for FU and MV with Roach and Pridham there will be very competitive.

Dont quote me but I think he was injured at the start of last year and never really made up the lost ground. Change of Scenery could be just what he needs.
I've heard Portou has gone to Cragieburn but is the rumour that Chapple is going there as well true? And if it is, what did Pizzaro do wrong there last year (Portou, Chapple and Pridham represents the loss of a fair bit of experience).
Or are they all leaving because with the newer experienced players (Innes, McDonald) there with Courts, Kent and Pizzaro, the are concerned they will lose there spots to kids?

It was mentioned to me by someone in the know at Footscray that McDonald and Innes don't exactly see eye to eye either. No stirring the pot here, they seemed stunned when I said that they will play together this year. Must have been water under the bridge between the two.

Canary Yellow;359071 said:
You'd almost think that if you got along with Steve so well, you'd know how to spell his last name in Brne, but that's just me.

Played against both blokes and have enjoyed a beer with both blokes. Nothing wrong with playing it hard on the ground and then having a beer off it.

Wasn't talking about my own opinion of him. Like I said I get along well with Steve, but alot of blokes don't.
As for his surname - who are you; his mum?

Son of a Gun;359903 said:

Groves is married to Hudson's cousin, but Groves staying at Jacana. Hudsons have moved to Coburg in the subbies with Hudson Snr as coach. Siriwardene at Jacana new CC. Hope he has a great season and can lift the club to its first premiership in over 30 years. Tough culture down there but club did well to make the GF 07/08. Disappointing to miss finals last season after beating eventual premiers Werribee Centrals outright during the season.

Are you seriously telling us that Hudson Snr & his son are going to Coburg Subbies & Snr is the coach???? You gatta be kidding mate....... Is Jnr the captain? Let me say it now "You gotta be kiddin" again! Subbies must have really dropped off.

Interesting rumour the McDonald /Inness one. I know for a fact DMac knew Innes was there before he signed at Greenvale - so I assume it would be water under the bridge.
Also suprised Pizzaro ruffled a few feathers. I reckon he is one of the easier blokes going around to get along with. And yeah he did bowl alot of overs - but he also took alot of wickets - cheaply at that!
Can not believe the Hudsons are still getting coaching jobs. I agree with "2time" - If Hudson and Suares are coaching in the subbies the standard has slipped a long long way.

plodder;359547 said:
Hi guys been following chat for a while, anyone heard any news out of Jacana

Got a feeling they will struggle this year! Hudson an co have left the club, which will leave mixed feelings throughout the club. Know for a fact that quite a few fellas didn't like the way he went about coaching.
Not too sure what Groves and the others Hudson brought to the club are doing as yet. Also heard they may have recruited a sri lankan import but unaware as to how high he has played.
The mindset at that club has always been to play cricket for leisure more so than trying to achieve sucess as a club, so with the major losses they have had in the off season, I cant see them having any real impact on north b this season

parkcricketer;360035 said:
Interesting rumour the McDonald /Inness one. I know for a fact DMac knew Innes was there before he signed at Greenvale - so I assume it would be water under the bridge.
Also suprised Pizzaro ruffled a few feathers. I reckon he is one of the easier blokes going around to get along with. And yeah he did bowl alot of overs - but he also took alot of wickets - cheaply at that!
Can not believe the Hudsons are still getting coaching jobs. I agree with "2time" - If Hudson and Suares are coaching in the subbies the standard has slipped a long long way.

Mate are you serious - Suares as well, are u taking the p*ss. Waz is ok @ best, not a real team orientated player hence the the 5 clubs in thpast 5 seasons. I also found Piz pretty easy to get along with, but speaking to a few mates that play @ Gvale he wasn't well received by a few. I suppose abit like the Brne scenario, but if he's the skipper he calls the shots & that's it. Some blokes might need to have a look at themselves & pull their heads in. Players like Piz & Brne are hard to get & are appointed for a reason.

parkcricketer;359464 said:
Nah I don't play with the Saints mate but can confirm Thrush is definitely captaining as well. He is a good bloke, plays it hard but happy to have a beer afterwards - the way it should be done. My point is with their new bowling line up he isn't going to get many overs at all. He'll be lucky to bowl 50 overs for the year. The big threats to them this year (on paper anyway) are probably going to be Footscray United & MV. TJ is a massive pick up for FU and MV with Roach and Pridham there will be very competitive.

may struggle, seemed a bit out of sorts over the last 12 months. Great competitor and i hope he does ok this year.

2time;360041 said:
Mate are you serious - Suares as well, are u taking the p*ss. Waz is ok @ best, not a real team orientated player hence the the 5 clubs in thpast 5 seasons. I also found Piz pretty easy to get along with, but speaking to a few mates that play @ Gvale he wasn't well received by a few. I suppose abit like the Brne scenario, but if he's the skipper he calls the shots & that's it. Some blokes might need to have a look at themselves & pull their heads in. Players like Piz & Brne are hard to get & are appointed for a reason.

Is there an element that clubs pay so much money for players with great talent and impressive playing careers and then expect them to be a great coach as well for the return on investment. The players mentioned are great mentors for young players but coaching a club and its players require a very different set of skills.

milk gone bad;359600 said:
Got a feeling they will struggle this year! Hudson an co have left the club, which will leave mixed feelings throughout the club. Know for a fact that quite a few fellas didn't like the way he went about coaching.
Not too sure what Groves and the others Hudson brought to the club are doing as yet. Also heard they may have recruited a sri lankan import but unaware as to how high he has played.
The mindset at that club has always been to play cricket for leisure more so than trying to achieve sucess as a club, so with the major losses they have had in the off season, I cant see them having any real impact on north b this season

Will be interesting, if they hold on to Groves bowling will still be right up there but they couldnt make a competitive score last season

i was talking to a guy the other day and he told me that Ash Manning was looking to play somewhere other than Footscray United next year. Apparently he doesnt think he will get many bowling chances with Jeffrey there. i know he is a bit old but he would still be a handy pick up for some clubs. Knows the game well, plenty of experience.

milk gone bad;359600 said:

Struggle every side above them on the ladder except Aberfeildie Park have gone up and if they had not been washed out against Hoppers would have played finals last season.

Big Ben;360095 said:
i was talking to a guy the other day and he told me that Ash Manning was looking to play somewhere other than Footscray United next year. Apparently he doesnt think he will get many bowling chances with Jeffrey there. i know he is a bit old but he would still be a handy pick up for some clubs. Knows the game well, plenty of experience.

What ever the big fella is thinking, please lord, let him play at a club where I still get to face him. Plenty of Experience, my experience is 3 half trackers an over, a flukey good one, and two you play back so he gets another over. Manning was past it 7 years ago, no runs, no wickets, no personality and one massive ego, why else didnt he get along with Waz???

From all reports is a good clubman, but once again if he is such a good clubman, why didnt he get along with Waz if the club thought that was the direction the club needed to head in??

Ash needs to follow in his footy coaching career and see that the good days are well and truly past him. Time for the big fella to organise a few BBQ's where he can point to his trophies and tell everybody how good he WAS

NoUse4AName;359748 said:
Struggle every side above them on the ladder except Aberfeildie Park have gone up and if they had not been washed out against Hoppers would have played finals last season.

You need to win a game after christmas to usually make the finals! I hear the Lankan has taken over the captaincy, good guy. Will he struggle a little with his communication on field, I only ask because he is usually very quiet on the field. Interesting very interesting, it might be what jacana need to be more successful then they have.

2time;360024 said:
Are you seriously telling us that Hudson Snr & his son are going to Coburg Subbies & Snr is the coach???? You gatta be kidding mate....... Is Jnr the captain? Let me say it now "You gotta be kiddin" again! Subbies must have really dropped off.

No "Jnr" not the captain, just playing. Mick Lewis (ex Victoria/Australia) is captain. Hudson Snr going as non-playing coach. Adds this Subbies club to Broady and Preston which he also coached. Premiership player with Sunshine. Returns to the club he started at over 40 years ago so a good thing for him and hopefully the club.

Guru14;359619 said:
may struggle, seemed a bit out of sorts over the last 12 months. Great competitor and i hope he does ok this year.

Or are they all leaving because with the newer experienced players (Innes, McDonald) there with Courts, Kent and Pizzaro, the are concerned they will lose there spots to kids?

Wallop;360127 said:
What ever the big fella is thinking, please lord, let him play at a club where I still get to face him. Plenty of Experience, my experience is 3 half trackers an over, a flukey good one, and two you play back so he gets another over. Manning was past it 7 years ago, no runs, no wickets, no personality and one massive ego, why else didnt he get along with Waz???

From all reports is a good clubman, but once again if he is such a good clubman, why didnt he get along with Waz if the club thought that was the direction the club needed to head in??

Ash needs to follow in his footy coaching career and see that the good days are well and truly past him. Time for the big fella to organise a few BBQ's where he can point to his trophies and tell everybody how good he WAS

LOL.
Ash was/is a decent bloke.
Big ego - Yes. But always had time for the junior players when I was at FUCC.
FUCC is a good family orientated club. Few ****ers granted (I was one) but all clubs have them. I miss playing in the VTCA North Comp. I was a fat hack. Still am today.
:D

Or are they all leaving because with the newer experienced players (Innes, McDonald) there with Courts, Kent and Pizzaro, the are concerned they will lose there spots to kids?[/QUO

From my sources as of yet cragieburn r talking to Chapple as he is not happy with how much he bowled last yr and likely to bowl this yr. From all reports not to many ppl liked Pizzaro as a coach due to the amount of overs he was bowling and a few personality clashes i belive as well

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;360225 said:
LOL.
FUCC is a good family orientated club. Few ****ers granted (I was one) but all clubs have them. I miss playing in the VTCA North Comp. I was a fat hack. Still am today.

Hey guys.. i am on here to try recruit someone down to Geelong for a game a cricket with the opportunity of getting a new job. I am from the Grovedale Cricket Club who have 2 flags in the last 6 years, the last winning one was 2 years ago. We ve also loast 2 premierships in that period to. The last this summer just gone by. I wont go into detail about the side, we can do that if anyones intersted in talking further. Theres also the opportunity of a job aswell. This is to manage a new sports store opening in the Westfeild shopping centre in Geelong. Experience is nt overly required but would be handy. Heres the chance to get a great secure job aswell as playing for one of Geelongs strong clubs. Please get back to me asap as this position will be filled. I am after a proven, quality cricketer.

LOL.

hey guys i cant put to much on here but let me know if anyones keen to play in Geelong with a successful club and great job offered

It was mentioned to me by someone in the know at Footscray that McDonald and Innes don't exactly see eye to eye either. No stirring the pot here, they seemed stunned when I said that they will play together this year. Must have been water under the bridge between the two.

LOL.

i think i remember u r u the bloke who also delved into umpiring?
r and and Big ben the same bloke?
Now will i be right to guess from ur profiel that u live in LAtrobe Valley, irespective of that if u miss palyinh in NTH do u have any plans to come back, where u palying this year.

Son of a Gun;359903 said:

I know it's still very early but who are the teams to beat in NTH A + NTH division.

NTH Hoppers hwo r they looking.
will strathmore be back up the top.
Gr$$nval$ lost portou + courts if that's true, Innes+mcdonald will cove 'em just fine but will they challenge.

I reckon other NTH A promoted sides will be competitve at best.
Tulla may be exposed, parkville will battle, KP not sure how they'll go, westy so so?

DOutta, druids, S utd + how they + others i missed are shaping.

NTH A
St albans with they recruits seem to be the early favs.
Folks are also tipping F UTD to challenge thankls to inclusion of T Jeffrey.

what's the go with the rest.
MValley folks were saying they had courts,roach + AH import. But heard AH import is back @ Avo.
Anyone familiar with Taylor Lakes, any tips how a 3 time NWCA premiers will go in NTH A.
Who do u think will battle to stay up and who 'll challenge for the finals?

Again i know it's early and we'll probably revisit this, but worth finding oput what most think?

heard over the weekend that all of the spruiking at Abers re their recruits has amounted to nothing except for Ingleton taking the reins.

It would suggest that the drop to Nth B was a blessing in disguise

parkcricketer;360035 said:

He who knows best;360338 said:
heard over the weekend that all of the spruiking at Abers re their recruits has amounted to nothing except for Ingleton taking the reins.

It would suggest that the drop to Nth B was a blessing in disguise

what happened to Green, have had aber guys here for months sying they got Green from Doutta?

So where is Green playing this year is he staying up in darwin?

2time;360041 said:

Is there an element that clubs pay so much money for players with great talent and impressive playing careers and then expect them to be a great coach as well for the return on investment. The players mentioned are great mentors for young players but coaching a club and its players require a very different set of skills.

blokes I was drinking with said they had no idea what was happening with Green and that the other guy, Khan had pulled out of coming on board prior to the first training session

ROY G BIV;360330 said:
I know it's still very early but who are the teams to beat in NTH A + NTH division.

NTH Hoppers hwo r they looking.
will strathmore be back up the top.
Gr$$nval$ lost portou + courts if that's true, Innes+mcdonald will cove 'em just fine but will they challenge.

I reckon other NTH A promoted sides will be competitve at best.
Tulla may be exposed, parkville will battle, KP not sure how they'll go, westy so so?

DOutta, druids, S utd + how they + others i missed are shaping.

NTH A
St albans with they recruits seem to be the early favs.
Folks are also tipping F UTD to challenge thankls to inclusion of T Jeffrey.

what's the go with the rest.
MValley folks were saying they had courts,roach + AH import. But heard AH import is back @ Avo.
Anyone familiar with Taylor Lakes, any tips how a 3 time NWCA premiers will go in NTH A.
Who do u think will battle to stay up and who 'll challenge for the finals?

Again i know it's early and we'll probably revisit this, but worth finding oput what most think?

We had our first training night on Friday.

Amazing turn out, 33 players about 10 new players plus around 5 or so past players returning to the club this year.

all different standed players which is good, very close to 5 senior sides for this coming year after only 3 last year.

great job by new coach and assit coach on getting alot of these players to training

Big Ben;360095 said:

7/564;360464 said:
We had our first training night on Friday.

Amazing turn out, 33 players about 10 new players plus around 5 or so past players returning to the club this year.

all different standed players which is good, very close to 5 senior sides for this coming year after only 3 last year.

great job by new coach and assit coach on getting alot of these players to training

U sure it wasn't footy training?

33 massive effort for 1st up. So where u reckon u blokes will finish this year?
Any thoughts on other teams in ur grade.
hackney boys playing or retired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back