North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne_Izard

North A & B

Seeing we have a forum specific to the VTCA we can now have the different comps listed in their own threads

Here's the North A1 thread...

Re: North A1

Good idea Wayne. Although we will make a North A & B forum and a South A & B forum. Generally the guys who talk about North A comment on North B as well so we might as well keep them together.

Re: North A & B

Good to see big Gary Pascu back in some form with a devastating spell on the weekend to clean up Seabrook.

brains01;278346 said:
Good to see big Gary Pascu back in some form with a devastating spell on the weekend to clean up Seabrook.

Speaking of which, wot in the hell goes on with Seabrook only scoring 44 at Aber Park? You couldnt try to only make 44 there its so damn quick and small! Looks like the Sri Lankan is finding form fast.
And Jacana have done it again! Bowled a side out for less that 100 but could only manage 100 themselves. Still they keep on winning that way! Werribee would have to be very disappointed about that.

Keilor Park look the darkhorses in North A. They've put together a fairly handy side now and could be the one's to beat. EK and Abers to fight relegation.

Av Heights get the reverse outright against Abers....with only a few balls to spare....

no bats at Abers by the looks of it although their bowling seems decent enough to knock some decent line ups over...

East Keilor along with Seddon & Albion in strife now.....

Keilor Park are looking the goods, definately favourites but lack depth. Will be found out at some time during the year though. The comp looks very even, more so then past years. Tulla bounced back from shock loss in round 1 and seem to have adapted to Roach. Not sure if I would be writing Albion off either. Very early in the season and their line up looks good on paper. Be interesting to see how they bounce back from two beltings.. Everybodies thoughts

middle stump;279786 said:
Keilor Park are looking the goods, definately favourites but lack depth. Will be found out at some time during the year though. The comp looks very even, more so then past years. Tulla bounced back from shock loss in round 1 and seem to have adapted to Roach. Not sure if I would be writing Albion off either. Very early in the season and their line up looks good on paper. Be interesting to see how they bounce back from two beltings.. Everybodies thoughts

KP look ok by all reports, easily the most convincing and imppressive winners thus far, having said that there is only 1 notable change this year I Blanchett IN Manning OUT + they have copule of other blokes who didn't paly every game last year, so if they keep this group together they should do well-only thing is they were off to a flyier last year as well but dropped off badly in the 2nd half of the season, so could last years form slump happen again or they strong enough to keep going.

Greenvale + tulla have put in some good and some ordinay performances.Tulla will rely heavily on Ex Essendon opener S windrige for runs, if u get him early their remainig bats are Susceptible against quality bowling attacks. Greenvale have matchwinners with the bat but bowling maybe a ? Pizaaro has got wickets but good batters will keep him out.

Avondale sititng 2nd just behind KP, are a surprise. During the preseason almost everyone u spoke to had them struggling to win any games with the loss to cc Albers and few other regulars...so they have done reallly well, batting as always is an unknown, Jeffrey again hasn't fired a shot, only 1 score of any note, there are only 2/3 other blokes who have consistenly got starts, ex west newport Kenny made 140+ how did taht happen i thought he was a lower order bat @ wnewport.

other than that still very even, there is still plenty of time for clubs outside the 4 to storm in and Competitive nature of Nth A means there are a no. of clubs capable of doing just that.

? still over avondale simply beacuse it's a new look side from previous 3/4 years
? tulla rely on s windrige for runs and bowling stady at best.

KP and Greenvale should be in top 4 come business end but both are very much beatable.

who's in strife in your opinion Roy ?

have to say EK are looking terrible and uncompetitive at present, would think EK & Seddon are the one's in much trouble....

Aberfeldie now with 2 x 1st Inning victories and sitting 6th so they seem much more competitive...especially from a bowling perspective, knocked over both StAlb and Av Heights cheaply although their batting has let them down when they looked across the line against SA and then smashed by Av H when all out for 60 in the 2nd dig...could easily be 3 and 0 if they could bat....

Snagglepuss;278368 said:
Speaking of which, wot in the hell goes on with Seabrook only scoring 44 at Aber Park? You couldnt try to only make 44 there its so damn quick and small! Looks like the Sri Lankan is finding form fast.
And Jacana have done it again! Bowled a side out for less that 100 but could only manage 100 themselves. Still they keep on winning that way! Werribee would have to be very disappointed about that.

Keilor Park look the darkhorses in North A. They've put together a fairly handy side now and could be the one's to beat. EK and Abers to fight relegation.

Snagglepuss alk to me about the positives of playing funky Miller who was available for one week and one week only against AP. 44, I've seen 44 extras at bruce street before in an innings. Having said all of that what's going on with Albers' captaincy? Surely 53 overs between two bowlers and not get a result is shameful. Variety in your captaincy gets results in both A & B, I just don't understand it and also why be 250 in front? Understand a few batsmen needed a hit but they could have been half way to their outright win with a Saturday to play. The Lakan from all reports is a good bat who is a really good guy and has fitted in very well. Pascu is a gun make no bones about it, the kid could play senior division and take 20 plus wickets. After a strong preseason I think he left himself short a little but has bounced back. Word on the street is he will be in the mother country next year and possibly district cricket is calling. Has the game and smarts to make it. Jacana will be in the mix again this year if not outright favourite, Rick Hudson has turned that club around and given it a shot in the arm. Werribee disappointing but the thunderbolt should be very close to playing, could be a couple to A/Park's more seasoned players losing a couple of nights sleep.
Abers, E/Keilor, Seddon are definately in the race for demotion but also Footscray United who had a good win. It's very easy to say Abers could be 3 zip but the facts are no matter how could a bowling side you have you still need to get them.:cool:

John_Dyson;280438 said:
who's in strife in your opinion Roy ?

have to say EK are looking terrible and uncompetitive at present, would think EK & Seddon are the one's in much trouble....

EK's batting line will be competitive from the next game but the bowling will struggle.

ROY G BIV;280433 said:
KP look ok by all reports, easily the most convincing and imppressive winners thus far, having said that there is only 1 notable change this year I Blanchett IN Manning OUT + they have copule of other blokes who didn't paly every game last year, so if they keep this group together they should do well-only thing is they were off to a flyier last year as well but dropped off badly in the 2nd half of the season, so could last years form slump happen again or they strong enough to keep going.

Greenvale + tulla have put in some good and some ordinay performances.Tulla will rely heavily on Ex Essendon opener S windrige for runs, if u get him early their remainig bats are Susceptible against quality bowling attacks. Greenvale have matchwinners with the bat but bowling maybe a ? Pizaaro has got wickets but good batters will keep him out.

Avondale sititng 2nd just behind KP, are a surprise. During the preseason almost everyone u spoke to had them struggling to win any games with the loss to cc Albers and few other regulars...so they have done reallly well, batting as always is an unknown, Jeffrey again hasn't fired a shot, only 1 score of any note, there are only 2/3 other blokes who have consistenly got starts, ex west newport Kenny made 140+ how did taht happen i thought he was a lower order bat @ wnewport.

other than that still very even, there is still plenty of time for clubs outside the 4 to storm in and Competitive nature of Nth A means there are a no. of clubs capable of doing just that.

? still over avondale simply beacuse it's a new look side from previous 3/4 years
? tulla rely on s windrige for runs and bowling stady at best.

KP and Greenvale should be in top 4 come business end but both are very much beatable.

Zahorodni bats ok! Have a look back at his sats last year, and his steady bowling seems to get plenty o'wickets:confused:

beached as;280515 said:
EK's batting line will be competitive from the next game but the bowling will struggle.

Could not agree more.

They will have batting line up to make 250-300 a game, but not sure were the 10 wickets will come from

Zahondri is a District 3rds player at best....

obviously the comp is weak as piss if he's one of the better one's in it....

Who has EK included or coming back in to start getting all these runs ??

Snagglepuss;278368 said:

Abers fighting relegation ??

Why are they continually mentioned when obv they have a team which can bowl sides out ? The new spinner seems to be getting wickets

from all reports they were stiff to not win outright themselves against Av H..

dropped their way out of the winning that game outright...

Would on paper look to be much weaker combinations than them fighting relegation

John_Dyson;280713 said:
Zahondri is a District 3rds player at best....

obviously the comp is weak as piss if he's one of the better one's in it....

Who has EK included or coming back in to start getting all these runs ??

Including last game, Barton, Hackney, Butterworth, Handke and Fennesy, will all play either from last game or starting this game.

And waiting on two more. An Operning bowling and a bat who bowls spins

John_Dyson;280715 said:
Abers fighting relegation ??

Why are they continually mentioned when obv they have a team which can bowl sides out ? The new spinner seems to be getting wickets

from all reports they were stiff to not win outright themselves against Av H..

dropped their way out of the winning that game outright...

Would on paper look to be much weaker combinations than them fighting relegation

JD no matter how many you restrict a side too you still got to make them to win, with Aberfeldie can't. They are luckiest club in the VTCA and have been kissed by a fairy. Along with being the luckiest they are the worst performed side in North A over the last years so give me a break. They will be playing in North B next year and they will probably struggle there as well. Losing mentality is a disease and that's obviously the problem they have forgotten to win! David Z might be a district 3's player but there are very few guys who have the patience to play him and he can bowl all day and in any given season he will make at least one score which gets Tulla over the line. Not sure what cricket you watch but Tulla have more claims on a finals spot than Abers and certainly have more chance of staying in A1 than Abers. On paper is the best defence for under performing, forget about names on a page give me 11 guys who will go out and give everyhing and then some to win or even save a game before names of guns on a piece of paper. Abers, Seddon and F'United are destined for B1 in 2009/2010.

I questioned David Z's ability not the team in general Im 100% sure they will be around the mark....he goes ok and this is probably his level...so he should perform....

how many teams gets dropped ? you have said 3 and not mentioned East Keilor.....they are in mammoth strife already.....one of FU and Abers sits close to the 4 after this round seeing they play each other so you would think whoever that is could be safe even at this early part of the year.....

as for losing culture I hear you completely re that but Aberfeldie have from what I see some new names in the team and a number of people that played in the last few years seem to be playing 2nds or not at all....from all reports experienced recruit Shanahan has started to inject something into the side....Av Heights said he nearly got them over the line with the ball last round

John_Dyson;280804 said:
I questioned David Z's ability not the team in general Im 100% sure they will be around the mark....he goes ok and this is probably his level...so he should perform....

how many teams gets dropped ? you have said 3 and not mentioned East Keilor.....they are in mammoth strife already.....one of FU and Abers sits close to the 4 after this round seeing they play each other so you would think whoever that is could be safe even at this early part of the year.....

as for losing culture I hear you completely re that but Aberfeldie have from what I see some new names in the team and a number of people that played in the last few years seem to be playing 2nds or not at all....from all reports experienced recruit Shanahan has started to inject something into the side....Av Heights said he nearly got them over the line with the ball last round

JD, the executive are saying 4 down 2 up for next season to get the A & B back to a 10 team comp in both. That might be hard considering that North B have Hoppers Crossing 3rd's playing, so maybe 2 and 2. Hoppers goes back to North C's and North B plays a bye against the South B side who also have a bye. That would make 10 & 9, or something like that.

ok

thanks for outlining that...

when is a decision supposed to be made re this ?

certainly clubs would want to know well in advance of the XMAS break you would think ?

Guru-the Miller situation -they would have hoped they could bat the first day especially at AP, and then have him to bowl the 2nd week. Obviously didnt work out that way but probably more due to poor batting than anything Im guessing. But I totally agree on the declaring by AP. Why would they have not got Seabrook back in b4 the end of Day 1 to have a few overs at them. Big mistake that one by Albers as they never needed 250 in front.
Jacana-full credit to them as they just keep rolling on. Nothing spectacular about them, tehir bowling is honest, batting less so but they keep getting the job done. Interesting to not a certain controversial player returned to their 2nds last game and returned to the bowling crease. I wonder if all the question marks over his action can now be put to bed??? Only time will tell.........
See it looks like Craigieburn choked too. They had Flemington 8-121 chasing 223 and Flem still got up. Small ground I suppose but still.......
And how ridiculous is it that we could have a situation where teams (MV & HC) send their 1's &2's to the wrong ground? That was ridiculous but given the 234 versions of the draw there has been, no wonder it happended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back