North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Guru14;313881 said:
Crazyburn have a relatively easy run home and if they are able to knock Jacana off then they are a huge chance of being there. Their batting has been good this, Baker has made a difference. I would think it will be MV, WC, Aber P with Jacana and the Burn fighting out for the last spot. Werribee Cnetrals Aberfeldie Park semi final would be a block buster and I would think the side that finished fourth would enjoy playing MV especially if it was at Ormond. One word stopping a potential grand final spot 'Perera'

i put this up to you
Jacana play MV, Craigie, AP

I think Criagieburn will make it and whoever wins the game between Jacana and AP will finish 3rd

1 MV
2 Werr
3 ?
4 Craigie

Vicious and Well Directed;313867 said:
And how will Roach go fronting up against his brother and cousins if they do...?

From what I have read there are like 8 other Roach's. B, W, J, K Roach. Didn't realise they were all related. Why dont they all play together?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;313861 said:
Given St Bernards fantastic form in being able to go from North A to Senior A and be unbeaten on top, are Tullamarine as likely to make the same step up? If they hold on to the big 3 (Windridge, Roach & Zaharodni) can they compete strongly in Senior A if they make it through this year?

I think they TULLA will be competitive but not replicate what St Bernards are doing, unless they recruit 1/2 class blokes again. BUT i don't think they r a certainty to go up. Gr$$nvale, KP and to some extent Avondale are all very close in Nth A. I reckon it's anyones flag. Tulla have had narrow wins in onedayers against KP and Avondale, so it all very close.

It has to be remebered that Snow Dogs have improved their batting this year dramatically,last year despite being runners up in Nth A their batting was very average, (performences against decent sides exposed that last year)heavily reliant on Ozzy. The side they have this year is much improved, have recruited well and the inclusions of new blokes have strenghed their batting + also even futher Bolstered already OK bowling attack. Credit to the club, because i remember not so long ago they were very ordinary side in Nth A, we used to always pile 300+ against them and get 'em out for around 100+, they have done really well! to turn their 1X1 fortunes around. An example for all the rest of us.

sledger1976;313886 said:
i put this up to you
Jacana play MV, Craigie, AP

I think Criagieburn will make it and whoever wins the game between Jacana and AP will finish 3rd

1 MV
2 Werr
3 ?
4 Craigie

I tend to agree with you sledger, which means it will be a great final round. Jacana lose their advantage playing at Bruce street but apparently Shannon Bennett was bowling quicker and I was told from a very reliable source his action was looking better, which is great news. Jacana vs Aberfeldie Park have always been a great game and I think with AP playing Flem, HC and Jacana they probably are slight favourites to get that spot but remember last year Jacana scored 2 reverse outrights to make the finals and then beat WC at home in the semi, so they will be tough

Guru14;313882 said:
Dingo where are you mate!

I saw a yellow/then a Red card next to his name last week.

Obviously, some sensitive soul(s) didn't agree with dingos pearl of wisdoms:)

Haven't heard from him since.

ROY G BIV;313898 said:

By in large his comments were very interesting to read and if we were all yellow and red carded for the occassional misfire then this site is in trouble. If he has gone it's a same as I enjoyed the banter I had with him and as I said he was on the money more often than not when speaking about A&B.

Guru14;313894 said:
I tend to agree with you sledger, which means it will be a great final round. Jacana lose their advantage playing at Bruce street but apparently Shannon Bennett was bowling quicker and I was told from a very reliable source his action was looking better, which is great news. Jacana vs Aberfeldie Park have always been a great game and I think with AP playing Flem, HC and Jacana they probably are slight favourites to get that spot but remember last year Jacana scored 2 reverse outrights to make the finals and then beat WC at home in the semi, so they will be tough

so lets get odds on the 5 sides then.

MV - $1.30 Get Perera out cheap odds will jump to $10
Werribee - $1.80 See off the quick and your a chance.
Aber P - $4 Need to bat all day and set a big total against them
Jacana - $4 Need to bowl sides out for under 100 to make sure they will make the runs.
Craigieburn - $10 Dont know what has happened but lots of good performances from whole team.

ROY G BIV;313898 said:

It was a past misdemeanour which wasn't cleared up. We are implementing a new infraction system and are lowing the points threshold for yellow/red cards due to the changed and Dingo went over as his account wasnt accounted for.

To put it simpily, he was never supposed to be Yellow or Red carded, it was just a fault on our end to clear his points history before implementing the new system. I noticed he had been sent on holidays and wasn't quite sure myself.

Hopefully somebody knows him and lets him know he is more than welcome back.

sledger1976;313900 said:

Jacana - $4 Need to bowl sides out for under 100 to make sure they will make the runs.
Craigieburn - $10 Dont know what has happened but lots of good performances from whole team.

Sledger for the favourites are Werribee Centrals and Aberfeldie Park at the moment, it would be a same if they play a semi because I feel talent wise they are the 2 best sides in North B. Moonee Valley need to support Perera, he'll get you plenty when the pressure is off due to the other 10 guys batting well around him. Jacana's batting has been suspect but they have only stumbled over the weekend but having said that it was to 2 of their most dangerous rivals to take their spot in the four. I think they can make it and if they can play at home in a final they will go along way to winning a final. Craigieburn are the unknown they have been playing very well. Early in the year there was some good signs but they just couldn't get a win that has changed and changed quickly. If they make it they will shake it up and their batting has been their strength. Some very important games coming up!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;313887 said:
From what I have read there are like 8 other Roach's. B, W, J, K Roach. Didn't realise they were all related. Why dont they all play together?

The Roach's all played at Druids at some stage - I guess they left at various times for reasons of money, coaching opportunities, higher grade ambitions, closer to home.... All good cricketers too - Druids would love to have them all back no doubt (unless there are issues I dont know about)

Been very quiet in here lately.

This weeks games should shape up the finals and who go's down to NTHB

(Aberfeldie v Tullamarine Clifton Park Tulla easy

Albion v Greenvale Robert Bruce Reserve Greenvale

Keilor Park v East Keilor Keilor Park Reserve I can not pick against EK but will be tuff. Have had some good games over the years

Avondale Heights v Parkville District Canning Street Reserve could be a game of the opening bowlers here but ill stick with AH

Westmeadows v Footscray United Willowbrook Reserve View Westy

Seddon v St Albans Hanmer Reserve View Could be a close game but for our club im hoping St Albans

7/564;314276 said:
Been very quiet in here lately.

This weeks games should shape up the finals and who go's down to NTHB

(Aberfeldie v Tullamarine Clifton Park Tulla easy

Albion v Greenvale Robert Bruce Reserve Greenvale

Keilor Park v East Keilor Keilor Park Reserve I can not pick against EK but will be tuff. Have had some good games over the years

Avondale Heights v Parkville District Canning Street Reserve could be a game of the opening bowlers here but ill stick with AH

Westmeadows v Footscray United Willowbrook Reserve View Westy

Seddon v St Albans Hanmer Reserve View Could be a close game but for our club im hoping St Albans

how would this weeks round settle the teams going down 7 fa ?

all 4 in the relegation zone are outsiders in the games they are playing in

would assume no-one could see ALBION/ABERFELDIE/SEDDON/FU winning realistically although any of them upset the favourites and they are well on the way to avoiding relegation

I think the comment of Aberfeldie sneaking thru is certainly on the agenda with them playing SEDDON and ALBION in the last 2 games.

having a look through their form I think they are the team that could sneak past the other 3

they have pushed GREENVALE, KP, ST ALBANS and AVONDALE HEIGHTS based on the scores so their form isn't all that bad.

obviously their wasn't any real surprises with the move of Shannahan to Cap as the silence from their club reps on here has diminished to nothing. Least he can hold his head up regarding his bowling. He and Jefferey are the 2 best spinners in this competition by a long way.

you wonder if the shite heap of a deck they have at Abers will play any part in an upset against Tullamarine ? stranger things have happened.

My thoughts

Tulla but dont be surprised if not an OUTRIGHT result in that game
Greenvale
KP - sorry 7/fa
Ave Heights too good for Parkville (surprise packets)
Westies'
St Albans

He who knows best;314345 said:
how would this weeks round settle the teams going down 7 fa ?

all 4 in the relegation zone are outsiders in the games they are playing in

I do think Seddon is a chance against St Albans played them both over last few rounds and i dont think there is much in this game.

But it wouldn't be the first time im wrong

I would think at first glance pretty one sided contests this rnd, But there are always surprises. we'll see.

My Guesses:

Aberfeldie v Tullamarine

Tulla easy. Does anyone give Abers a chance this week.
Abers were brave the first half of the season said this many times could should’ve had more wins, But they will do well to give tulla a competitive game. An abers win a massive Shock.

Albion v Gr$$nval$

Albion albion albion, have never seen or atleast I cannot recall a premier side going stratght to the bottom the next season. Gr$$nval$ should have some fun here.
Keilor Park v East Keilor

KP should win, EK are competitive with the bat,If EK bat first and post 250 or thereabouts then it’ll make it interesting.
This could be a good game more close fought than some expect.

Avondale Heights v Parkville District

Match of The Rnd for mine 4th V 5th Winner gets the 4th spot after this rnd atleast.
Avondale 2nd week running involved in the Match of the rnd. If they Lose they could drop outta the 4 first time this season and probably will stay outta the 4. If Parkville win I reckon 4th spot is their’s for the taking with St Albans and then Foot united to come in the last 2 rnds. Massive game for both clubs. Hard one to pick but like 7/5.. I’ll stick with Avondale because I think if they make the finals with their import and Captain they could do some serious damage.
Corresponding game last year. Avondale some big outs from last year.
Avondale Heights
235 P Goodman 69 MR Albers 58* M Dodds 48 S Lang 3/34 B Bainbridge 3/68 S Pietsch 2/45
def by Parkville District
252 B Bainbridge 107 B Stephenson 39 R O'Sullivan 30 MR Albers 3/57 T Jeffrey 2/58 SK Kamburugamuwa 2/58
and 2/29

Westmeadows v Footscray United

Westy need to win to keep the heat on parkvlle+Avondale+gr$$nval$ etc.
Outright a possibily. footunited seem very depleted a shadow of its former competitive self.
Massive boilover if Footunited wins sides 3rd,4th and 5th on the ladder would be hoping for an upset. Westy will push for an outright.

Seddon v St Albans
Could be close for Seddon it’s matter of survival in Nth A and St Albans would still think they can push for the 4th spot. St Albans need outright. But I tip an upset Seddon. Seddon have put in some shockers this year and some surprisingly good efforts.So upset could be on the cards here.

This should definitely change. Our rules should always follow what's happening at the international / domestic level. But my main feeling on this is that by having limited overs (5 x 8overs) means that more players will get a go, captains/selectors will need to make better decisions, captains will have to think on their feet, middle - late order batsmen may get a chance to face 2nd or 3rd string bowlers and make for more entertaining cricket.

Son of a Gun;314463 said:
This should definitely change. Our rules should always follow what's happening at the international / domestic level. But my main feeling on this is that by having limited overs (5 x 8overs) means that more players will get a go, captains/selectors will need to make better decisions, captains will have to think on their feet, middle - late order batsmen may get a chance to face 2nd or 3rd string bowlers and make for more entertaining cricket.

son of, agree with you 100%. Depth is the key to any club and any side, surely by having say 4 10 overs wouldn't a side's depth be questioned and their ability to cope with both one and two day cricket. Would it be a disaster if clubs picked players because they are better suited to one day cricket thus providing a chance to play a higher standard. It may be a young guy who would provide value at 8 or 9 with the bat but is the best field in the club. It tests a club and it certainly tests the ability of a captain which under the current format is not testing at all.

Batsmen if they can bat through an innings good luck to them but how often does a batsman bat through the innings, not very! Let's make the one game fixtures a test and not just a game dominated by the better bowlers. People will jump on here and tell me how it's unfair but if it was so unfair why would international cricket follow the same rules.

Hello Gents

Some breaking news for you all. Have heard around the traps that Kingsville Cricket Club could be looking to come back into North B1 & B2 next year, as alot of the boys miss playing in the VTCA, which was a well organised comp.

Also reports are Kingsville had built up good respect and friendships with quite a few clubs in B1 & B2.

We shall see what transpires next year, when more news comes my way.

Until then good cricket to you all.

sledger1976;313900 said:

I reckon MV rely way too heavily on Arosha and for mine, Aber Park and Werribee would be the Faves. They are more even and less reliant on certain blokes.

To this week. My picks are:

Craigieburn[/B] v Seabrook - Craigieburn in a closer than expected contest

Flemington v Aberfeldie Park - Aber Park easy

Hoppers Crossing v Werribee Centrals - Werribee in an outright that could end in the 1 day if they bowl 1st

Moonee Valley v Jacana - Valley in a canter at the Valley

Pretty good round of cricket actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back