North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

big_junior;323218 said:
rumour has it j,thrush from albion signed signed on the dotted line for moonee valley,and said albion will fold after there last game..

HAAN?? Majority of the rumours on this site have been way off the mark , but i suppose we'll find out in few weeks, that's when ablions season ends.

If albion folding comes out to be true and players know about it going into the last game then westy will count their luck stars as that lamost could guarantte them a thumping win and a finals spot. So we'll wait n see.

big_junior;323595 said:
Come from one me the blokes on the committee down there.. They rate his knowledge of cricket and coaching ability very highly. The horses mouth this has come from has always been spot on the money..

Big junior, as i said he has totally denied it & hasn't spoken to anyone/club. He was adamant about it actually. If you want to call him i can get his number for you.

ROY G BIV;323624 said:
HAAN?? Majority of the rumours on this site have been way off the mark , but i suppose we'll find out in few weeks, that's when ablions season ends.

If albion folding comes out to be true and players know about it going into the last game then westy will count their luck stars as that lamost could guarantte them a thumping win and a finals spot. So we'll wait n see.

Even if the rumours are true about them folding, I doubt very much whether they would lie down and let Westmeadows walk all over them. I have played against them even since their SCA days and they are a very proud club and they showed that last season showing no mercy all year. I doubt they would even entertain the issue. They are a bunch of competitors who sledge a fair bit and play the game hard. I could hardly see the likes of Thrush, Brne, Barletta lay down.

As far as I was aware they seemed to be in a fairly good financial position so nothing to suggest they would roll over. If the Thrush rumour is true and he is going to Moonee Valley and Albion do fold, how many players would he take with him??

Peoples thoughts on this weeks games now that it is a one dayer and is there a standout to take the flag. For mine this is the most open season I can remember

Canary Yellow;323654 said:
Even if the rumours are true about them folding, I doubt very much whether they would lie down and let Westmeadows walk all over them. I have played against them even since their SCA days and they are a very proud club and they showed that last season showing no mercy all year. I doubt they would even entertain the issue. They are a bunch of competitors who sledge a fair bit and play the game hard. I could hardly see the likes of Thrush, Brne, Barletta lay down.

As far as I was aware they seemed to be in a fairly good financial position so nothing to suggest they would roll over. If the Thrush rumour is true and he is going to Moonee Valley and Albion do fold, how many players would he take with him??

Peoples thoughts on this weeks games now that it is a one dayer and is there a standout to take the flag. For mine this is the most open season I can remember

romour has it if albion were admitted into the mmvca he was on his way to greenvale this season.. for any body who knows him,, is it true that come 6 o'clock he leaves the game weather they are still playing or not?????

fredbassett;323667 said:
romour has it if albion were admitted into the mmvca he was on his way to greenvale this season.. for any body who knows him,, is it true that come 6 o'clock he leaves the game weather they are still playing or not?????

Everytime I have played against him especially at Albion, he has stuck around and had a drink with us, so not so sure where that info has come from. He comes across as a bloke who plays it pretty hard on the ground but off the ground after a game its all over and done with. Most of Albion is like that actually, its the same at Footscray United, St.Bernards, and Keilor Park. The same cant be said about Tullamarine, they are sh!t blokes on and off the field

Wallop;323679 said:
Everytime I have played against him especially at Albion, he has stuck around and had a drink with us, so not so sure where that info has come from. He comes across as a bloke who plays it pretty hard on the ground but off the ground after a game its all over and done with. Most of Albion is like that actually, its the same at Footscray United, St.Bernards, and Keilor Park. The same cant be said about Tullamarine, they are sh!t blokes on and off the field

Agree re Thrushy and Albion - very tough competitors on field - good blokes off it, we at Footscray United have an enjoyable love/hate r'ship with them and I hope any rumours of their demise are rubbish !!

OnTheLookout;323682 said:
Agree re Thrushy and Albion - very tough competitors on field - good blokes off it, we at Footscray United have an enjoyable love/hate r'ship with them and I hope any rumours of their demise are rubbish !!

albion is a gd club off the field, always have a beer with ya, one club that has stood out id say is greenvale.. then u get the likes of tulla, absolute morons anyway u look at it. .

big_junior;323218 said:
rumour has it j,thrush from albion signed signed on the dotted line for moonee valley,and said albion will fold after there last game..

Caneston will clear your thrush up buddy:eek::eek:

big_junior;323758 said:
albion is a gd club off the field, always have a beer with ya, one club that has stood out id say is greenvale.. then u get the likes of tulla, absolute morons anyway u look at it. .

It looks like the consensus is that Tulla is the worst behaved club in Nth A.
They have been very successfull to date this season but playing gainst them and listening to others who played against them their behaviour on the field and off it was very ordinary. They were very ordinay last year their first year in Nth A as well.

Who ever they come up against in the finals it looks like most other club will be barracking for the opposition. Is this the majority view here or does anyone think that folks on this forum have been very harsh on Tulla?

ROY G BIV;324032 said:
They have been very successfull to date this season but playing gainst them and listening to others who played against them their behaviour on the field and off it was very ordinary. They were very ordinay last year their first year in Nth A as well.

Who ever they come up against in the finals it looks like most other club will be barracking for the opposition. Is this the majority view here or does anyone think that folks on this forum have been very harsh on Tulla?

No doubt they are the worse side cutting around, they wouldnt be so bad if they were actually smart sledgers, stuff like I'm going to kill your mum or **** your aunty is just plain nonsense. Creative sledgeing and getting into peoples minds is fine but they just talk rot. Their keeper is the worst for it, the education on that kid is a joke and i would hope he is getting a heap of coin out of tulla because i don't see him really forgeing a career outside of cricket of any importance. Maybe picking up rubbish after a game at the MCG at best.

They should have a good look at the way Greenvale present themselves on the ground who I believe lead by example. I would love to see these two matched up in one of the Semi's. they are like chalk and cheese

ROY G BIV;324032 said:

Their main issues lay with their keeper - SCOTT and one of their batsman - ZAJAC

Scott has been a blight on their club for a long time now
Zajac and stooges like Chand pipe in with their crap at the most inappropriate times
their better players say little
typical of the lesser lights trying to be a part of it verbally when their onfield efforts are no-where near those of the quality players in their team

He who knows best;324034 said:
Their main issues lay with their keeper - SCOTT and one of their batsman - ZAJAC

Scott has been a blight on their club for a long time now
Zajac and stooges like Chand pipe in with their crap at the most inappropriate times
their better players say little
typical of the lesser lights trying to be a part of it verbally when their onfield efforts are no-where near those of the quality players in their team

windrige is their best player for mine and when we played 'em this season can't remember him saying a word when fielding or batting.

finals bring out some tense moments in best of times it will be intereting to see how tulla react when opposition gives 'em as good as they get and especially if they r being outplayed. from my 2 encounters with them when they are being outplayed and opposite side of the result thye surprisingly go mute.

ROY G BIV;324060 said:
windrige is their best player for mine and when we played 'em this season can't remember him saying a word when fielding or batting.

Can confirm Windy is a fantastic bloke on and off the field and the things being said about their club would have to exclude him for one.

Canary Yellow;324033 said:
No doubt they are the worse side cutting around, they wouldnt be so bad if they were actually smart sledgers, stuff like I'm going to kill your mum or **** your aunty is just plain nonsense. Creative sledgeing and getting into peoples minds is fine but they just talk rot. Their keeper is the worst for it, the education on that kid is a joke and i would hope he is getting a heap of coin out of tulla because i don't see him really forgeing a career outside of cricket of any importance. Maybe picking up rubbish after a game at the MCG at best.
They should have a good look at the way Greenvale present themselves on the ground who I believe lead by example. I would love to see these two matched up in one of the Semi's. they are like chalk and cheese

"OR MAKING NUMBER PLATES":eek::eek::eek:

ROY G BIV;324032 said:

Harsh, they probably haven't gone hard enough. Tulla's problems have been around for many years but I think the current foundation was built on the leadership or lack of it by one P Labbad. He would probably think it's great that I'm speaking about him. It was quite funny playing them and looking at guys like Nat Allen and Dave Z and looking at the fact they looked so uncomfortable in that side. Quality guys like Nat is what that club needs and comes as no surprise to see them give him the flick after last season as coach. Scott is a disgrace and it says plenty about the club when they have had him as captain a couple of times. I thought they have moved forward when Carton left but obviously I'm living in a dream world.

Once they realise that these guys have no place in a club if it needs to move forward they will do just that. Having said all that they keep winning and if they were to play Senior A next year then maybe we need to recruit the likes of Scott & Labbad to get results- fat chance. Greenvale no matter what people say about them are a great side to play. Play hard on the ground and have a beer and a laugh after it, guys like Courts are a credit to the club and the reason their reputation is as it is.

Guru14;324260 said:
Harsh, they probably haven't gone hard enough. Tulla's problems have been around for many years but I think the current foundation was built on the leadership or lack of it by one P Labbad. He would probably think it's great that I'm speaking about him. It was quite funny playing them and looking at guys like Nat Allen and Dave Z and looking at the fact they looked so uncomfortable in that side. Quality guys like Nat is what that club needs and comes as no surprise to see them give him the flick after last season as coach. Scott is a disgrace and it says plenty about the club when they have had him as captain a couple of times. I thought they have moved forward when Carton left but obviously I'm living in a dream world.

Once they realise that these guys have no place in a club if it needs to move forward they will do just that. Having said all that they keep winning and if they were to play Senior A next year then maybe we need to recruit the likes of Scott & Labbad to get results- fat chance. Greenvale no matter what people say about them are a great side to play. Play hard on the ground and have a beer and a laugh after it, guys like Courts are a credit to the club and the reason their reputation is as it is.

Played against G$$nval$ only once this year, and have to agree with u there Guru. Although it is going on only one encounter. bUt they played hard but fair on the field and were more than happy to mingle with opposition after the game win or lose. It has to be said that it's esier to mingle with the opposition after a win but have heard that some G44nval$ blokes very happy to do so after a loss...so that's great.

ON Tulla i don't think they are winning more games because of Scott/labbad?
Windrige i reckon has been the difference, he has especially saved Tulla's arses in big games against KP and Avondale + couple of other lone hands where every other bat has failed but his contribution has help them put a score on board. Take him out of that side and u have got a side similar to last year, which is competitive but not oaring to the heights they are thus far this season.

Yep, definately Tulla the worst i have come across in recent memory and Scott, he's just a muppet. He's got zero up top!! I do think it has flowed from Labbad leading the way in the sledging stakes!
GVale very good. Their older guys (Chapple, Portou, Courts etc..) very socialable.
Aber Park always been pretty good.

Snagglepuss;324332 said:
Yep, definately Tulla the worst i have come across in recent memory and Scott, he's just a muppet. He's got zero up top!! I do think it has flowed from Labbad leading the way in the sledging stakes!
GVale very good. Their older guys (Chapple, Portou, Courts etc..) very socialable.
Aber Park always been pretty good.
I agree that Tulla are the by far the worst club in the comp. If Scott worried about his cricket as much as thinking of ridiculous sledges then he would improve 100%. I have played against Tulla the last couple of seasons and a few of their players are great blokes but its the 4 or 5 other guys that bring them down. Windridge is by far their best player and that Zaharodini is average at best but somehow keeps taking wickets consistantly. Its going to be an interesting finals series anyway you look at it.

JP Duminy;324406 said:
I agree that Tulla are the by far the worst club in the comp. If Scott worried about his cricket as much as thinking of ridiculous sledges then he would improve 100%. I have played against Tulla the last couple of seasons and a few of their players are great blokes but its the 4 or 5 other guys that bring them down. Windridge is by far their best player and that Zaharodini is average at best but somehow keeps taking wickets consistantly. Its going to be an interesting finals series anyway you look at it.

We have been discussing on here the past few days how bad Scott and Labbard have been at Tulla, i would be very interested to hear who people think are the best sledgers and worst sledgers in the comp. I.E obviously Scott and Labbard are the worst. Who is good at it and can actually create pressure on the bat and bowlers with their sledging???

Canary Yellow;324429 said:
We have been discussing on here the past few days how bad Scott and Labbard have been at Tulla, i would be very interested to hear who people think are the best sledgers and worst sledgers in the comp. I.E obviously Scott and Labbard are the worst. Who is good at it and can actually create pressure on the bat and bowlers with their sledging???

Not too many good ones- Courts is ok but plenty of not so good ones. Like every comp there are guys who think they sledge ok but are pretty ordinary at it. Heard young matt albers goes ok at it. I was told that by a current senior a keeper who still shakes his head at the spray he received!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back