North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Mulva;337961 said:
I'd back you up, 7/564. But I think I know why you want the restrictions if your username is your best figures...

Bring him on from both ends(7/for)

Sorry coudn't resist.

ROY G BIV;337960 said:
Agree with u, in regards to ppl who disagree with others giving commmonsense the cold shoulder & resorting to nonsense.

However, have to disagree when it comes to placing restrictions on bowleres/overs , This is a 2 day comp and there are no restrictions in a 80 over a side 2 dayer so why in a 40 over a side one dayer, the only reason we have two 1 day 40 overs a side games is to ensure each team plays the other atleast once. If Clubs want 1 dayer type restriction join the One day COMP, but as someone rightly posted there is no interest from Nth Clubs to field 1X1 standard sides in an exclusive 1day comp. There is a 1day comp in Nth but sides there are made up of a combination of fringe players,blokes unable to play on saturday etc etc.

"why not rely on 2nd & 3rd change bowlers instead of some hired in mercenary to carry the attack week in week out for the alloted overs"
This comment requires some discussion though, even in Nth A now more and more clubs are hiring overseas imports to carry their thin bowling attacks.
You have Avondale with their Srilankan import, they would be in mid table without his services, St Albans have had T Dunn giving good service in recent years, They even had Current English I day INterbational PAtel there a few years ago+ there are many other clubs looking to buy an overseas bloke to bowl for them Sen A Grandfinalst St bernards had decided to go for Mullins an allrounder this year & u hvae to say monay well spent and struggling Footutd even got on the bandwagon hiring Srilankan Import who's reaped them close to 50 wickets this year. These are only few examples but more n more clubs are leaning in that direction.

I reckon this is all a mirage, clubs like avondale can get away with it while their import is here but what happens when he goes somewhere else for more cash where will they find a bloke to replace him, Smartarse answer would be to hire someone esle to do the same job.

where is the depth, to have genuine sustained sucess u gotta develop local talent like Willi CYMS and complement it by 1 or 2 paid players. Even Airportwest, i know alot of blokes intheir side are hired guns but alot of the blokes who played in their Nth A flag were responsible for their sucess in SEN A and are still there in SEN.

This is why local sport is a dying game. Footy, cricket they are both the same, instead of giving a kid a go teams go & buy another player to fill the gap. I'm guilty of it, my club has done it as well but when in Rome. I blame the bigger clubs for giving the smaller clubs & lower leagues no option but to do this to compete on a level playing field. Now this crap affidavit rule - please, the horse has already bolted. Maybe bowling restrictions in the 1day format might keep kids & blokes who are in it for the love of it which is rare in the game knowing they'll get a go.

Mulva;337961 said:
I'd back you up, 7/564. But I think I know why you want the restrictions if your username is your best figures...

Very good.

It's a bit of an in thing at our club.

Thats what Spotswood made against our club in last years grand final

ROY G BIV;337960 said:
Agree with u, in regards to ppl who disagree with others giving commmonsense the cold shoulder & resorting to nonsense.

However, have to disagree when it comes to placing restrictions on bowleres/overs , This is a 2 day comp and there are no restrictions in a 80 over a side 2 dayer so why in a 40 over a side one dayer, the only reason we have two 1 day 40 overs a side games is to ensure each team plays the other atleast once. If Clubs want 1 dayer type restriction join the One day COMP, but as someone rightly posted there is no interest from Nth Clubs to field 1X1 standard sides in an exclusive 1day comp. There is a 1day comp in Nth but sides there are made up of a combination of fringe players,blokes unable to play on saturday etc etc.

"why not rely on 2nd & 3rd change bowlers instead of some hired in mercenary to carry the attack week in week out for the alloted overs"
This comment requires some discussion though, even in Nth A now more and more clubs are hiring overseas imports to carry their thin bowling attacks.
You have Avondale with their Srilankan import, they would be in mid table without his services, St Albans have had T Dunn giving good service in recent years, They even had Current English I day INterbational PAtel there a few years ago+ there are many other clubs looking to buy an overseas bloke to bowl for them Sen A Grandfinalst St bernards had decided to go for Mullins an allrounder this year & u hvae to say monay well spent and struggling Footutd even got on the bandwagon hiring Srilankan Import who's reaped them close to 50 wickets this year. These are only few examples but more n more clubs are leaning in that direction.

I reckon this is all a mirage, clubs like avondale can get away with it while their import is here but what happens when he goes somewhere else for more cash where will they find a bloke to replace him, Smartarse answer would be to hire someone esle to do the same job.

where is the depth, to have genuine sustained sucess u gotta develop local talent like Willi CYMS and complement it by 1 or 2 paid players. Even Airportwest, i know alot of blokes intheir side are hired guns but alot of the blokes who played in their Nth A flag were responsible for their sucess in SEN A and are still there in SEN.

Cannot recall APWSC winning a Nth A flag, however I may be corrected.
They were runners up to Seddon in 2002/03 and were promoted to Snr A the following year because Glenroy Amateurs pulled out. Of that side Jones, Torrance, Wilson and Macumber are currently playing, as you say to have 4 still going around in the 1's seven years later is a fair effort. They have however in recent years splashed the cash at mercenaries eg, Jan, Magafas, Andreadis, Taylor, Chand, and even Brown abandoned his Club for their cash.

Guru14;337909 said:
Absolutely 20/20, he adds plenty to their batting lineup. The majority of their top order is quite aggressive and I think he just gives it a bit more stability.

Any thoughts on teams of the year from both A1 and B1

20/20;338025 said:
Any thoughts on teams of the year from both A1 and B1

I'll give it a quick shot but its a tough ask:
A1 B1
Preece Aiyappin
Innes Mulheron
Kosteas Robinson
Courts (wk) Perera
Jeffrey Wickramasinghe
Windridge Carlisle
Walker Albers
Zaharodni Collishaw
Pizaro Whelan (wk)
Kamburugamawuru Pascu
Blanchett Edrich
12th Thompson 12th Siriwardene

Guru14;337791 said:
Jika, he's short early in his spell usually his first one but I honestly think he bowls full because that's the way he gets his wickets as you stated. I think he foxs as he could seriously hurt someone in B1 and I think he realises this. I have faced him and he seemed to have two speeds, quicker than most playing B1 and then a speed where you think mmmm, I wasn't really close to that one. I know Aaron knows his limitations with fitness and bowls accordingly. He's a gun no matter where he was to play and I think he would trouble more than a few at the top level. To watch him and then to stick your head in front of him are 2 different things Jika but he is certainly the key this weekend. Needs to get Perera out driving with a man at backward point and not bouncing him with a man at deep square- just a tip

Hope you dont think I am critisising the young fella, (well young compared to me anyway) I was only commenting on what I have seen, but if he does have another gear this weekend is a good time to show it. Hope Centrals get up. He may well be a "gun" if he plays in senior division, but their are lots of blokes at those clubs who have played district 1's (or better) and the wickets are generally really good to bat on so bowlers need "variations" as well as pace. Just being quickish won't rattle the really good players. As I think I said, he is probably bowling lots of short and full stuff because its working fantastically well for him in B1. I read he played 10 or so games at Melbourne, and you don't get to that level without being a very good player, but you don't succeed long term at district 1's if you have even small limitations. FYI my head has been aimed at by plenty of blokes bowling his pace or better and as yet its unscathed, although after saying thast Ill probably get sconed this week by a gentle medium pacer. Cheers

jika jika;338094 said:
Hope you dont think I am critisising the young fella, (well young compared to me anyway) I was only commenting on what I have seen, but if he does have another gear this weekend is a good time to show it. Hope Centrals get up. He may well be a "gun" if he plays in senior division, but their are lots of blokes at those clubs who have played district 1's (or better) and the wickets are generally really good to bat on so bowlers need "variations" as well as pace. Just being quickish won't rattle the really good players. As I think I said, he is probably bowling lots of short and full stuff because its working fantastically well for him in B1. I read he played 10 or so games at Melbourne, and you don't get to that level without being a very good player, but you don't succeed long term at district 1's if you have even small limitations. FYI my head has been aimed at by plenty of blokes bowling his pace or better and as yet its unscathed, although after saying thast Ill probably get sconed this week by a gentle medium pacer. Cheers

And dont underestimate the damge a spinner can do Jika!!! I hear what you are saying. I have had my nose broken 3 times from thinking I can play a hook shot before I started to wear my "Dads Army" lid (about 15 years ago now). Since wearing my lid the only bloke to hit it has been Daisy Brown. As you said, plenty of quicks have tried. But maybe no one has hit it cause I am not out there long enough??:D

Snagglepuss;338071 said:
I'll give it a quick shot but its a tough ask:
A1 B1
Preece Aiyappin
Innes Mulheron
Kosteas Robinson
Courts (wk) Perera
Jeffrey Wickramasinghe
Windridge Carlisle
Walker Albers
Zaharodni Collishaw
Pizaro Whelan (wk)
Kamburugamawuru Pascu
Blanchett Edrich
12th Thompson 12th Siriwardene

Snaggle, Townsend Booth from Aber park should be in at the opeing spot?

Guru14;338283 said:

Yeah it was a tough one. I went with Aiyappin just because of his all round ability and Mulheron probably just for more stability given the strokemakers around him. LT definately started the season well but maybe just tailed off a bit but would still be deserving of a spot.

Guru14;338283 said:

what about cook from werribee 9 sumpings not a bad effort and more runs than the jacana keeper

Snagglepuss;338291 said:
Yeah it was a tough one. I went with Aiyappin just because of his all round ability and Mulheron probably just for more stability given the strokemakers around him. LT definately started the season well but maybe just tailed off a bit but would still be deserving of a spot.

Mmmmmmmmm. LT!!! Not too many know that nickname

20/20;338336 said:
what about cook from werribee 9 sumpings not a bad effort and more runs than the jacana keeper

20/20 Cookey probably bats better than the Jacana keeper, more solid and he could probably go in as Albers's VC.

Guru14;338342 said:
20/20 Cookey probably bats better than the Jacana keeper, more solid and he could probably go in as Albers's VC.

Yeah again a tough one there. Cooks batting far outweighs Whelans, however I just feel Whelan is the better keeper. He's pretty good behind the stumps. But again, you could toss a coin with that one.

Snagglepuss;338353 said:
Yeah again a tough one there. Cooks batting far outweighs Whelans, however I just feel Whelan is the better keeper. He's pretty good behind the stumps. But again, you could toss a coin with that one.

I guess i will just see you at the game Staurday

Snagglepuss;338353 said:

what about funky miller

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to

The President
Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

napisan;338841 said:
CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to

The President
Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

S byrne,w Suares, M nyhus Ex coahes in Nth A after a new gig, any other suggestion fella's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back