North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

went down for a look at the NB1 GF. Looks like WC might have shot them selves in the foot by batting for time instead of looking for runs. Will be very interesting finish to game today

Blake Lively;339428 said:
went down for a look at the NB1 GF. Looks like WC might have shot them selves in the foot by batting for time instead of looking for runs. Will be very interesting finish to game today

4get about batting time- Why as the captain would you win the toss on what looked like a road, 33 degrees on the first playing day of a grand final would you bowl!!! Surely if you need a result becaue you are the lower finishing side would you not bat and take control of the game. The word coming out of the MV huddle was that 10 of 11 wanted to bowl first, apparently they felt they chase better, maybe they should have listened to the one smart bloke in their lineup. having said that they hard every chance to win after restricting WC to just over 200. Edrich the difference I think, hoping Centrals hold onto him for next year.

7/564;339753 said:
Any time mate.

Now make sure you tell my cuz how good the beer is at EK for next year :D

Yeah it wasnt bad but the pots down at abers have got them covered, so i think he will b staying put lol

Guru14;339761 said:
4get about batting time- Why as the captain would you win the toss on what looked like a road, 33 degrees on the first playing day of a grand final would you bowl!!! Surely if you need a result becaue you are the lower finishing side would you not bat and take control of the game. The word coming out of the MV huddle was that 10 of 11 wanted to bowl first, apparently they felt they chase better, maybe they should have listened to the one smart bloke in their lineup. having said that they hard every chance to win after restricting WC to just over 200. Edrich the difference I think, hoping Centrals hold onto him for next year.

At the end of the day we needed 10 wickets to win the game, we gave ourselves the best chance we could to get those 10 wickets. They ended up batting 90 odd overs. Like you said we had the game there to win if we had taken the chance, so choosing to bowl didnt cost us the granny, failing to make 205 runs in 60 odd overs cost us.

What in the blazers;340277 said:
At the end of the day we needed 10 wickets to win the game, we gave ourselves the best chance we could to get those 10 wickets. They ended up batting 90 odd overs. Like you said we had the game there to win if we had taken the chance, so choosing to bowl didnt cost us the granny, failing to make 205 runs in 60 odd overs cost us.

Yeah you did, but I think with runs on the board those 10 wickets are easier to get- just ask Werribee. score board pressure is a wonderful thing and the word grand final just adds to that pressure. I just think by batting you take control of the game and send a message to the opposition, they gave you every chance by forgetting to score but once again the pressure of the occassion and 'runs' on the board was the difference. You can't blame the captain but hopefully the boys in the side will take a lot out of the game and will always be positive in their thinking. The 10 of 11 vote would have been a vote with plenty of nerves attached to it which is understandable. I hope you well in North A but the positive vibe needs to be there with every decision you make- never give a sucker an even break and i think you guys gave centrals an even break!

Guru14;340283 said:
Yeah you did, but I think with runs on the board those 10 wickets are easier to get- just ask Werribee. score board pressure is a wonderful thing and the word grand final just adds to that pressure. I just think by batting you take control of the game and send a message to the opposition, they gave you every chance by forgetting to score but once again the pressure of the occassion and 'runs' on the board was the difference. You can't blame the captain but hopefully the boys in the side will take a lot out of the game and will always be positive in their thinking. The 10 of 11 vote would have been a vote with plenty of nerves attached to it which is understandable. I hope you well in North A but the positive vibe needs to be there with every decision you make- never give a sucker an even break and i think you guys gave centrals an even break!

Your not wrong about scoreboard pressure, Tulla 2nds were 1-65 after day 1 chasing 159. And were bowled out sunday for 98.

What in the blazers;340277 said:

Maybe what Moonee Valley lacked was a bit of match practise? Given they chose to pursue a forfeit result in their last round of the home 7 away season, they only had one weekend of cricket between the 15th Feb and the 20th Mar! Funny how things work out............:)

Guru14;340283 said:

I agree 100% scoreboard pressure counts and runs on the board and all that, but our understanding was that means nothing if they didnt have to make the runs. They could have been 5 for 50 after 90 overs and still won, a draw was all they needed, we were in ordinary condidtions. There was no scoreboard pressure.

What in the blazers;340302 said:
I agree 100% scoreboard pressure counts and runs on the board and all that, but our understanding was that means nothing if they didnt have to make the runs. They could have been 5 for 50 after 90 overs and still won, a draw was all they needed, we were in ordinary condidtions. There was no scoreboard pressure.

What in the....... I guess the loss still hurts so we can agree to disagree but there are very few clubs if any in B1 who can or could bat for 90 overs let alone survive. I watched a fair portion of the game and it appeared that MV was overawed by the occassion and that showed in their run chase. My understanding is 85 overs per day or even if we say 80, your boys had 24 overs up their sleeve. My point is MV bat first bat 80 overs as they would in a normal home & away fixture and score at a minimum of 3 an over= 240. That's plenty of pressure on the opposition 80 overs work of pressure. same difference whether you take 10 wickets batting or bowling first you have to give yourself every advantage. 240 on the board would have been an advantage because guys still pay attention to it, relevant or not. From where I was watching, it was as if MV were waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen. Fielding was down, no pressure on the batsmen with field placings etc. If your going to bowl first to win the game runs obviously are irrelevant in terms of the 10 wickets, i felt the 10 wickets took a back seat vs the runs trying to be saved. Regardless the wicket would have been great on the first day and the weather conditions meant you had to have a crack.

7/564;339753 said:
Any time mate.

Now make sure you tell my cuz how good the beer is at EK for next year :D

7 fa what's the club doing next year, are you guys looking for someone to do the captain/coach gig or has the club got someone already in mind to take the helm

Guru14;340314 said:
7 fa what's the club doing next year, are you guys looking for someone to do the captain/coach gig or has the club got someone already in mind to take the helm

I no they will put an ad in the paper over the comming weeks as most clubs will do.

If nothing pops up i no the club has some people in mind who i think will do a good job.

We have a few players will be talking to over the coming weeks, mainly new players, fingers crossed we can get at least 3 off them.

A few off us are jumping back on board this year, so the fun starts now , Prez night sat night 2 weeks of getting our heads together for the start off a new year.

PS i'm pretty sure Senior A will go this year so not 100% sure how the make up will be next year as in NORTH A B maybe a C for 1st 11.

If it does stay its looking very likely that bottom 4 teams from North A will go to North B, so thats us.

If anyone is interested in a coaching job or playing for us PM me and i can set up a meeting with the right people.

We will have 4 Senior sides next year plus 2 under 16s,14s12s and hopefully 3 under 10 teams so alot off players coming though

Guru14;340312 said:
What in the....... I guess the loss still hurts so we can agree to disagree but there are very few clubs if any in B1 who can or could bat for 90 overs let alone survive. I watched a fair portion of the game and it appeared that MV was overawed by the occassion and that showed in their run chase. My understanding is 85 overs per day or even if we say 80, your boys had 24 overs up their sleeve. My point is MV bat first bat 80 overs as they would in a normal home & away fixture and score at a minimum of 3 an over= 240. That's plenty of pressure on the opposition 80 overs work of pressure. same difference whether you take 10 wickets batting or bowling first you have to give yourself every advantage. 240 on the board would have been an advantage because guys still pay attention to it, relevant or not. From where I was watching, it was as if MV were waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen. Fielding was down, no pressure on the batsmen with field placings etc. If your going to bowl first to win the game runs obviously are irrelevant in terms of the 10 wickets, i felt the 10 wickets took a back seat vs the runs trying to be saved. Regardless the wicket would have been great on the first day and the weather conditions meant you had to have a crack.

Dont really disagree with anything you have said re the way we played, after tea on the first day we were a different team, two quick wickets and it went from 1 for 113 to 3 forr 113 all out 205. Bowing lines were a lot different and pressure was up, wouldnt say our fielding was down. We missed a stumping or two and the keeper dropped a one or two when he was up at the stumps. Any other day you would of batted first, when you have only 2 blokes make over 10 runs you are never going to win a granny let along just an ordinary game.
We got touched up, we got done, but we gave it a shake and there were more than a few times during the game that we had them chewing their nails, we just failed to capitalise on them.

What in the blazers;340348 said:
Dont really disagree with anything you have said re the way we played, after tea on the first day we were a different team, two quick wickets and it went from 1 for 113 to 3 forr 113 all out 205. Bowing lines were a lot different and pressure was up, wouldnt say our fielding was down. We missed a stumping or two and the keeper dropped a one or two when he was up at the stumps. Any other day you would of batted first, when you have only 2 blokes make over 10 runs you are never going to win a granny let along just an ordinary game.
We got touched up, we got done, but we gave it a shake and there were more than a few times during the game that we had them chewing their nails, we just failed to capitalise on them.

I agree your bowling was great after tea on the first day,

a couple off bad shots early in your innings didnt help, but you were a big chance with 6 wickets down and only about 60 runs to get when a bad LBW went against you.

But you should be proud of years effort's and the way your team conduted themselfs on the grand final days.

Alot better then the a few people did from the winning team.

All the best in North A next year

7/564;340352 said:

a couple off bad shots early in your innings didnt help, but you were a big chance with 6 wickets down and only about 60 runs to get when a bad LBW went against you.

But you should be proud of years effort's and the way your team conduted themselfs on the grand final days.

Thank you, that means alot coming from someone outside the club. We now have 10 senior mens, 2 senior women's and something like 15 or 20 junior sides at the Valley this year. The club is very proud of its efforts this year with I think 7 senior sides making finals.

What in the blazers;340348 said:

Agree with you there, I actually turned to my cous and said if you guys got one more on Saturday Mark would have been hailed a genius! Had a quick chat to a couple of your guys after the game and they were shattered that the opportunity was there and yeah I agree you can't have 2 make over 10 and win a granny. North A is nice though next year, so where do you guys need to improve and what do you need to be successful next year- meaning how do you stay up?

Snagglepuss;338071 said:
I'll give it a quick shot but its a tough ask:
A1 B1
Preece Aiyappin
Innes Mulheron
Kosteas Robinson
Courts (wk) Perera
Jeffrey Wickramasinghe
Windridge Carlisle
Walker Albers
Zaharodni Collishaw
Pizaro Whelan (wk)
Kamburugamawuru Pascu
Blanchett Edrich
12th Thompson 12th Siriwardene

how could you have Mulheron or Wickramasinghe in the team before Baker?

7/564;340352 said:

whats this about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back