North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

cachia17;340612 said:
whats this about?

Were you elsewhere when your club coach had any of his multiple brain explosions over the 2 days.

Your captain in his acceptance speech made a thinly veiled comment about how difficult he is to deal with.

Ah well not much can be said now. You and him have a medal and the valley boys don't. Tough game sometimes.

Wild Panda;340680 said:
Were you elsewhere when your club coach had any of his multiple brain explosions over the 2 days.

Your captain in his acceptance speech made a thinly veiled comment about how difficult he is to deal with.

Ah well not much can be said now. You and him have a medal and the valley boys don't. Tough game sometimes.

You took the words right out off my mouth

Any chance of giving us an idea of who is in the mix to end up at Overland:D[/QUOTE]

I would love to give you names but then i'ld have to kill u :D

If we get anyone i can promise i will fill u in

sledger1976;340472 said:
how could you have Mulheron or Wickramasinghe in the team before Baker?

All a matter of opinion I suppose. I personally don't think Baker had as good a year as those 2 but thats just IMO. I know Baker did make over 400 runs but he did have a heap of bats as well.
Why don't you put your team up?

7/564;340682 said:
You took the words right out off my mouth

Phil is a 'funny' one, had a pleasure of playing against him a year ago and he went nuts- a little over the top to be honest. It was a tough day of cricket and tension was high, even so I had a chat to him about his somewhat questionable actions during the day. To his credit he said sorry to the umpires and to myself and was nice as pie for the second day, even after centrals lost. He is quite a nice guy off the field and very interested in the future of the club even though his actions sometimes don'e reflect that on the field. He's old school and will get away with whatever the umpires let him get away with, also he works of the opposition getting stuck into him. I hope he hangs around as he brings more good than bad to the club it's self even though we probably see most of the bad

Guru14;341122 said:
Phil is a 'funny' one, had a pleasure of playing against him a year ago and he went nuts- a little over the top to be honest. It was a tough day of cricket and tension was high, even so I had a chat to him about his somewhat questionable actions during the day. To his credit he said sorry to the umpires and to myself and was nice as pie for the second day, even after centrals lost. He is quite a nice guy off the field and very interested in the future of the club even though his actions sometimes don'e reflect that on the field. He's old school and will get away with whatever the umpires let him get away with, also he works of the opposition getting stuck into him. I hope he hangs around as he brings more good than bad to the club it's self even though we probably see most of the bad

Are u talking about Crea?

New points system sounds like a winner.

VTCA have done a great job putting this together, you would think a couple off things might need to be sorted out but nothing major.

rumour has it that there may not be a money limit which will help the clubs that have been doing the right thing.

Points system is easier to control than you can only pay 2 players( which we no alot off clubs pay more than 2).

So my opion which dose not count for much haha, Is thumps up to VTCA and it should make it an even competion over the next few years.

One more thing which i think is good. NO club will have to get rid off any players that they had this year

7/564;341190 said:
New points system sounds like a winner.

VTCA have done a great job putting this together, you would think a couple off things might need to be sorted out but nothing major.

rumour has it that there may not be a money limit which will help the clubs that have been doing the right thing.

Points system is easier to control than you can only pay 2 players( which we no alot off clubs pay more than 2).

So my opion which dose not count for much haha, Is thumps up to VTCA and it should make it an even competion over the next few years.

One more thing which i think is good. NO club will have to get rid off any players that they had this year

7 fa could you let us know or is it on the website

Guru14;341198 said:
7 fa could you let us know or is it on the website

It will be about 55 points per team in the first year,

Off the top off my head 10 Points is Max which will fall to most top grade players ie First class district ect.

4 Points for juniors coming though.

Hardest hit will be the clubs without juniors but i think VTCA will look into this not a major issue as all they have to do is subject some points for them.

They will start the points from the 06-07 season i think so eg someone who is on ten points as off next season the will only be worth 7 one point off 4 every year.

I think it will work, hard to explame but i hope u get the idea :confused:

Guru14;341197 said:
Yep, do you disagree or is he not the coach?

I couldn't tell you if if he's coach or not. Agree on the demeanour of the bloke, great when it's going his way but when it's not can be a major clown.

why so many points to play with? why not model the system on what the mpca has done for the last 3 years seems to work for them dont see the need to complcate things.ie every player who as of oct 1 2008 played in the team is worth 1 point any overseas,district 1st or better is worth 4points. drop a grade ie south a1 to south b1 you gain a point so you become 2 points drop 2 grades you become 3 points and so on,a clearance from 1 club to another also attracts a point. Poaching juniors 3 points to any jnr under the age of 18. give clubs 18 points to start.

8 players at 1 point.
2 players at 4 points.
1 player at 2 points .

total 18 points lot easier to manage not complicated.

leroy1304;341454 said:
why so many points to play with? why not model the system on what the mpca has done for the last 3 years seems to work for them dont see the need to complcate things.ie every player who as of oct 1 2008 played in the team is worth 1 point any overseas,district 1st or better is worth 4points. drop a grade ie south a1 to south b1 you gain a point so you become 2 points drop 2 grades you become 3 points and so on,a clearance from 1 club to another also attracts a point. Poaching juniors 3 points to any jnr under the age of 18. give clubs 18 points to start.

8 players at 1 point.
2 players at 4 points.
1 player at 2 points .

total 18 points lot easier to manage not complicated.

There are not too many people that seem to like the MPCA system, it is very limiting on a clubs recruitment.
All clubs were invited via email to attend a series meeting where the points system is to be explained. I am sure it will be up on BigCricket soon !!

2time;341207 said:
I couldn't tell you if if he's coach or not. Agree on the demeanour of the bloke, great when it's going his way but when it's not can be a major clown.

Phil is definately coach, steve cook was captain this year. Phils always had the capability to have a "brain fade" under pressure, but most of the time he's fine and has a pretty good understanding of the game. Very good 1 on 1coach from what Ive seen.

Snagglepuss;341121 said:
All a matter of opinion I suppose. I personally don't think Baker had as good a year as those 2 but thats just IMO. I know Baker did make over 400 runs but he did have a heap of bats as well.
Why don't you put your team up?

i couldn't put up a team as i play in the local comp in the lower grades but i am a Baker fan. I see what he does at training and how he has a big push on playing the jnrs. He made a duck in the final and he was shattered yet all year he has put the team infront of himself, made most of his 450+ runs to win games not after the game was over. First year at the club and got them to finals not just making runs but leading a side that is the difference why in a North B team of the year he sould be one of the first picked. Well done to Scotty and young Jake making the unofficial team but they would both say the same as me i am sure!

sledger1976;341769 said:
i couldn't put up a team as i play in the local comp in the lower grades but i am a Baker fan. I see what he does at training and how he has a big push on playing the jnrs. He made a duck in the final and he was shattered yet all year he has put the team infront of himself, made most of his 450+ runs to win games not after the game was over. First year at the club and got them to finals not just making runs but leading a side that is the difference why in a North B team of the year he sould be one of the first picked. Well done to Scotty and young Jake making the unofficial team but they would both say the same as me i am sure!

Sledger i tend to agree with you, heard nothing but good reports about Baker. Anyway I see Seabrook, FU, Westy are looking for some new blood at the top but surely they would be the short list as there should probably be some moves within both A&B. Some food for thought- Moonee Valley, East keilor, Aberfeldie, Seddon just to name a few who should be in the market looking for new blood. You might be purprised with moonee valley but I just don't think the structure works the way it is- maybe some 'tension' between the coach and captain. It will be interesting to see what Aberfeldie do but I think I read a post they've got someone already. I honestly think depending what the executive do with grades etc and who is in them will decide who goes for what job. My thoughts have always been regardless of where you play you just put together a side who will take you through the grades

caught up Sunday with a mate who is at Abers

he said it was announced by their President at the Pres night the following -

INGLETON from Strathmore to Captain/Coach
SHANAHAN to Asst Coach

they have also brought on Gary Webb (ex Essendon 80's player) to asst coach as well

thats a real Essendon district feel to it with all 3 of them having played their at some stage

club is very positive about putting some very experienced people in charge of a young group

wonder if Nyhus will therefore stay as their Pro ?

He who knows best;342261 said:
caught up Sunday with a mate who is at Abers

he said it was announced by their President at the Pres night the following -

INGLETON from Strathmore to Captain/Coach
SHANAHAN to Asst Coach

they have also brought on Gary Webb (ex Essendon 80's player) to asst coach as well

thats a real Essendon district feel to it with all 3 of them having played their at some stage

club is very positive about putting some very experienced people in charge of a young group

wonder if Nyhus will therefore stay as their Pro ?

I personally wouldn't be suprised if he stayed on as a 'non pro'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back