North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

ROY G BIV;355838 said:
fredbassett;355735 said:
Come on mate, how's that gonna work when u r allowed only 1 overseas player.

VTCA announced rule changes 1 May - qualification now based on points system, with points allocated to each player according to level played. Max points of 54 per team. If you can fit 3 overseas players into the points allowed, you can play them.

Genuine_No12;355841 said:
ROY G BIV;355838 said:
fredbassett;355735 said:
Come on mate, how's that gonna work when u r allowed only 1 overseas player.

VTCA announced rule changes 1 May - qualification now based on points system, with points allocated to each player according to level played. Max points of 54 per team. If you can fit 3 overseas players into the points allowed, you can play them.

Didnt relise that.

I new about the points system but didn't no you could have more than one import. Could be good news for us:D

Ask this mate of yours if major is playing this year, he did well last year in a relegated side. i stand corrected on that relegation bit, was it abers, ek and seddon relegated and then the restructure of the comp saved 'em all.[/QUOTE]

i believe he needs a shoulder reco

7/564;355848 said:
ROY G BIV;355838 said:
Didnt relise that.

I new about the points system but didn't no you could have more than one import. Could be good news for us:D

with east keilor having no points coming into this season you could recruit 5 international cricketers....will the comp then change the rules ????

fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:
with east keilor having no points coming into this season you could recruit 5 international cricketers....will the comp then change the rules ????

7 fa, any news on what effect the inclusion of Kingy Baps has on the make up of the north divisions. The executive have a tough decision promoting sides given their lack of results. Based on the promote the better performed side from last year and going with the fact that they will yet again 'help' Aberfeldie stay in the division they have been struggling in I would think they have no alternative but to promote Aberfeldie Park. They finished 3rd and based on ladder positions they should go up. Your thoughts???

It's explained in a document on the VTCA website. Players who played VTCA last year will be allocated points according to their background (highest level played and length at current club). New players to a team are allocated points according to the highest level played.

Guru14;356253 said:
fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:
7 fa, any news on what effect the inclusion of Kingy Baps has on the make up of the north divisions. The executive have a tough decision promoting sides given their lack of results. Based on the promote the better performed side from last year and going with the fact that they will yet again 'help' Aberfeldie stay in the division they have been struggling in I would think they have no alternative but to promote Aberfeldie Park. They finished 3rd and based on ladder positions they should go up. Your thoughts???

Apparently the VTCA has asked all North B Clubs , including the New Ones, to submit applications to go up to North A if they are interested. I think today is the deadline.
Wonder which sides have applied ??

ROY G BIV;355718 said:
Knew about Windi @ Tulla and roach back to St albans BUT BUtera is a good get for Westy, especially if they have Walker back.THye did OK in NTH A last year somewhat inconsistent. NORTH will be a tough grade though the likes of Hoppers, Doutta, $trathmore, Sun untd, Druids should be up there Only Gr$$nval$ looks to have the names to be there from last years NTH A, so others as i see it have to find 1/2 players like Westy to compete. Keilor park although they won the flag i still think they have a weaknesses that can be exposed badly against quality cricketers. Strathmore still looking for C/C any word about that. Thye had a shocker last year.

Roach is staying as captain at tulla but doesnt have time to coach so windy will do coaching during the week think tulla has been quiet in chasing anyone just hoping to be competitive without zorro , have my doubts on the points system have heard most clubs such as greenvale arent even close to the points limit and can still go out and just outbid anyone for players and have room for 2 or 3 more gun players on top of the 5 or 6 they paid last yr ,but sounds like most teams will be stronger and if wickets are better this yr good cricket will be played with team hopfully batting out days and getting totals of 200 or more and not just having teams rolling each other for scores of 120 or so .

Guru14;356253 said:
fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:

g'Day Guru,

Not to sure what they will do. But going by the standing's they had, Aber's are next in line to go up.

I didn't agree with the standing's as they had the 2 grand final teams from last year above us even though we finished 3rd last not bottom 2, but dose not really matter now.

Think it will come down to what club puts up the best argument to move up to north A, could even be one of the new clubs ( but i doubt it)

tim darcy;355869 said:
Roach is staying as captain at tulla but doesnt have time to coach so windy will do coaching during the week think tulla has been quiet in chasing anyone just hoping to be competitive without zorro , have my doubts on the points system have heard most clubs such as greenvale arent even close to the points limit and can still go out and just outbid anyone for players and have room for 2 or 3 more gun players on top of the 5 or 6 they paid last yr ,but sounds like most teams will be stronger and if wickets are better this yr good cricket will be played with team hopfully batting out days and getting totals of 200 or more and not just having teams rolling each other for scores of 120 or so .

At least with the Points System they have to stop somewhere with a cap set, and it appears to be transparent. Under the old system there was no control, with Clubs and players even prepared to perjure themselves by signing false affidavits to get around the rules.

Sniffin Around;356258 said:
Guru14;356253 said:
fredbassett;355864 said:
Apparently the VTCA has asked all North B Clubs , including the New Ones, to submit applications to go up to North A if they are interested. I think today is the deadline.

Sniffin, I would think Aber Park have some sound reasons why to progress. Good leadership in Chunky Albers BUT I think the move may be foolish given a lack of success. Their 1st's haven't won a final for many many years and I just don't think it's a great idea to progress to make up the numbers, no disrespect to the club. I heard maybe Taylors Lakes should start there given their success in their previous comp, can't argue a successful club should have a solid base but they have to consolidate in the first year rather than throw themselves to the wolves. Craigieburn although having progressed last year are probably another year away at least. The rest are just that- the rest. Flemington would have been a chance but they were terrible last year and couldn't seriously consider themselves ready to go- maybe if they go with their 'home umpire' scenario they are a chance to 'win' their home games as a minimum. Tough call, maybe worth keeping A as a 8 team comp and B as a 10 for the first year until it sorts itself out next year. At least in A each side will play each other twice in a one and two day figure, seemed to work pretty well last year in North B as I think the best 4 teams played in the finals and it was a pretty close comp for most of the year. Only one extra day of cricket and it seemed to work quite well as a double header one weekend.

Ifya Adballs;355875 said:
At least with the Points System they have to stop somewhere with a cap set, and it appears to be transparent. Under the old system there was no control, with Clubs and players even prepared to perjure themselves by signing false affidavits to get around the rules.

Great points. The points system is not and will never be perfect, but it will be a hell of a lot better than the old 2 paid player rule which was uninforcable.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;355819 said:
Who have Doutta lost? Green has gone to Abers but he didnt play last year? Who else?

Ion, rutley, gray, moore, mckinley. That just leaves 2 from Premiership side just over a year ago. Don't care who you are, replacing nine players is impossible

fredbassett;356436 said:
i heard a romour that adam preece of fu tried hard to sell him self to strathmore????

have played him a number of times over last 5 years he is on the older side now but is a great bloke and even better bat would be worth ever cent.

doofus;355930 said:
Ion, rutley, gray, moore, mckinley. That just leaves 2 from Premiership side just over a year ago. Don't care who you are, replacing nine players is impossible

Agreed big losses, am still dumbfounded Rutley would leave. Seemed the loyal, one club player taht Doutta build their side around.

fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:

Very true . But loooking at 21 to 24 year olds to build our future.

Talking to a few poms so hopefull of getting one.

Got a coach who has played at our club back which is good news. and hopeful of 3 or 4 new players and a few coming back from our premiership year.

But its proberly like all clubs wont no for sure till training starts.

Apparently 5 out of the 10 sides in Nth B applied to go up with the decision to be known around the end of this week. So I wonder which sides did and didnt apply?

tim darcy;355869 said:

Thx for clearing that roach leaving tulla etc up. Alot of posts on this tread were saying that he had left for his old stomping ground St albans.

Ur spot on about that Gr$$nval$ stuff.

1 import should suffice + i am still not convinced that under the new system ur can more than 1 import if that's the case then we already have a flaw in the new points system. Good on the exec for doing something to make the comp more fair but they need to be proactive inorder to take care o these flaws.

faint nick;356536 said:
have heard that st alabans has recruited albion bat ryan jaeger and have spoken to prahan spinner shane jones

do u know the definite starters/new recruits for st albans this year.

ryan didn't play many games for albion last year.

There were posts here dating back few weeks saying roach went back there from tulla but tulla blokes insist that's all Bulls%^t. Also rumors from smae posters said that St albans were lookin @ subbie 1x1 bats?

who are the other names/recruits @ st albans. If Mccamond has signed on the dotted line for them who'll CC 'em.

Any other clubs in NTH matching St albans recruitment drive?

Ask this mate of yours if major is playing this year, he did well last year in a relegated side. i stand corrected on that relegation bit, was it abers, ek and seddon relegated and then the restructure of the comp saved 'em all.[/QUOTE]

i believe he needs a shoulder reco

faint nick;356536 said:
have heard that st alabans has recruited albion bat ryan jaeger and have spoken to prahan spinner shane jones

did hear theres a few of the albion boys crossing over to st albans

fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:

Happy to announce Paul Butterworth back to coach East Keilor next season with Mick Barton Assistant Coach and Captain of the ones.

Good luck for season.

Guru14;356253 said:
fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:

borntigerfan;356554 said:
Can tell you St. andrews, kingy and altona didnt submit to go up leaving Taylors lakes as a possibility as they were keen before.

Wouldn't all clubs aspire to play the highest grade of cricket??

Guru14;356253 said:
fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:

g'Day Guru,

Not to sure what they will do. But going by the standing's they had, Aber's are next in line to go up.

I didn't agree with the standing's as they had the 2 grand final teams from last year above us even though we finished 3rd last not bottom 2, but dose not really matter now.

Think it will come down to what club puts up the best argument to move up to north A, could even be one of the new clubs ( but i doubt it)

Right said fred;356737 said:
Wouldn't all clubs aspire to play the highest grade of cricket??

What r u trying to say Champ.
The above mentioned teams just got here.
You need to be able to walk before you can run.
The main reason we came on board was the 2 up 2 down policy & our previous comp is run by Muppets.

Sniffin Around;356258 said:
Guru14;356253 said:
fredbassett;355864 said:

Sniffin, I would think Aber Park have some sound reasons why to progress. Good leadership in Chunky Albers BUT I think the move may be foolish given a lack of success. Their 1st's haven't won a final for many many years and I just don't think it's a great idea to progress to make up the numbers, no disrespect to the club. I heard maybe Taylors Lakes should start there given their success in their previous comp, can't argue a successful club should have a solid base but they have to consolidate in the first year rather than throw themselves to the wolves. Craigieburn although having progressed last year are probably another year away at least. The rest are just that- the rest. Flemington would have been a chance but they were terrible last year and couldn't seriously consider themselves ready to go- maybe if they go with their 'home umpire' scenario they are a chance to 'win' their home games as a minimum. Tough call, maybe worth keeping A as a 8 team comp and B as a 10 for the first year until it sorts itself out next year. At least in A each side will play each other twice in a one and two day figure, seemed to work pretty well last year in North B as I think the best 4 teams played in the finals and it was a pretty close comp for most of the year. Only one extra day of cricket and it seemed to work quite well as a double header one weekend.

BigCoq;356742 said:
What r u trying to say Champ.
The above mentioned teams just got here.
You need to be able to walk before you can run.
The main reason we came on board was the 2 up 2 down policy & our previous comp is run by Muppets.

Gday Big C,

I have followed your input from the show run by "muppets" and I would first like to say I admire your passion for your club. However, I recalled seeing a post from you as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Riff Raff
Pop Gun with what you have recruited why not nominate for A Turf? I believe there could be an openning this season. Wouldn't it be better to test yourselves to find out where you are at than get a false sense of security by playing against sides second elevens.

Surely this squad is too good for b turf raise the bare be brave go to A turf. fortune favours the brave. No Guts no Glory !!!

I do wish you all the very best and welcome to the Vtca. I played in the WSUCCA a few years ago now, you can be safe in the knowledge that the VTCA is streets ahead in its Executive, standard, grounds etc. So enjoy...

fredbassett;356436 said:
i heard a romour that adam preece of fu tried hard to sell him self to strathmore????

have played him a number of times over last 5 years he is on the older side now but is a great bloke and even better bat would be worth ever cent.

borntigerfan;356554 said:
Can tell you St. andrews, kingy and altona didnt submit to go up leaving Taylors lakes as a possibility as they were keen before.

If you take St Andrews, Kingy and Roosters out of the equation which appears to be the case, lets see:

Aberfeldie- Everyone knows what I think about their gifted run over the years
Aberfeldie Park- Could make it but I don't think they are ready. No juniors a huge problem.
Craigieburn- Moved in the right direction last year, need to consolidate in B
Jacana- Played in grand Final 2 years ago but lost (I think) every game after Christmas to miss the finals.
Flemington- Went backwards at a million miles last year, would be a waste of time with current cattle
Taylors Lakes- As Big Coq put it 'need to walk before they take all before them.

Will be very interesting to see which way the executive go it may be a very long season for a club who might not be ready for the jump. Let some of these sides earn the right to play higher, not just to have a 10 side comp cause it works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back