North Division 10/11

I found it quite surprising that 3 doutta players got selected in team of the year (most of any club) but didn't make finals, yet Hoppers (who won the division) only had one.
Fair enough on Wigmore and Siaka (both good players) though I thought Timms would've been a certainty after making 170 in a final. But surely there were better performing players than Tankard (got named captain aswell)...not even in the top 25 bowlers for this season...please don't tell me he got picked on his batting. He's a hack and made cheap runs against Moonee Valley, probably the worst bowling team in the division so hardly an accomplishment and a 50 against druids after winning the game.
Should've picked a performing bowler instead considering they already had 4 'actual' all-rounders in the team. I would've picked Gav instead.

Oh and by the way, how the hell did Moonee Valley win the best ground award for North Division? Surely a joke, was one of the worst pitches I played on this season. Hoppers, Strathmore and Altona all had better decks and grounds by a long way.

Oh and by the way, how the hell did Moonee Valley win the best ground award for North Division? Surely a joke, was one of the worst pitches I played on this season. Hoppers, Strathmore and Altona all had better decks and grounds by a long way.[/quote]

Strathmore's deck couldnt of been to good...didnt Altona 2s get rolled for 27 in the 4th dig??

Strathmore's deck couldnt of been to good...didnt Altona 2s get rolled for 27 in the 4th dig??
The pitch was an absolute road! Ground was lush so I suppose it made getting runs tough but none of our bats had the patience and got themselves out. I suppose you could blame it on last innings pressure, young team and all that but there were no excuses for making 27...very disappointing to watch.

I found it quite surprising that 3 doutta players got selected in team of the year (most of any club) but didn't make finals, yet Hoppers (who won the division) only had one.
Fair enough on Wigmore and Siaka (both good players) though I thought Timms would've been a certainty after making 170 in a final. But surely there were better performing players than Tankard (got named captain aswell)...not even in the top 25 bowlers for this season...please don't tell me he got picked on his batting. He's a hack and made cheap runs against Moonee Valley, probably the worst bowling team in the division so hardly an accomplishment and a 50 against druids after winning the game.
Should've picked a performing bowler instead considering they already had 4 'actual' all-rounders in the team. I would've picked Gav instead.

Oh and by the way, how the hell did Moonee Valley win the best ground award for North Division? Surely a joke, was one of the worst pitches I played on this season. Hoppers, Strathmore and Altona all had better decks and grounds by a long way.

Might be worth learning the criteria before getting frustrated.

Team of year picked/voted by captains after each regular season game. So how would timms get in if he only played 3 games - the grand final doesnt count.

Douttas had a few who caried (or tried to) the rest.

Hoppers were a class team.

Might be worth learning the criteria before getting frustrated.

Team of year picked/voted by captains after each regular season game. So how would timms get in if he only played 3 games - the grand final doesnt count.

Douttas had a few who caried (or tried to) the rest.
Hoppers were a class team.
I know the captains voted for it, but how could they possibly pick a team after each round? Seems impractical...wouldn't each captain just pick a team at end of the season and whoever gets most nominations is selected? Also, if finals are not counted in the voting, how come the overall aggregate and averages are still listed next to their names? Makes no sense.

I know the captains voted for it, but how could they possibly pick a team after each round? Seems impractical...wouldn't each captain just pick a team at end of the season and whoever gets most nominations is selected? Also, if finals are not counted in the voting, how come the overall aggregate and averages are still listed next to their names? Makes no sense.

captains vote on players after each game. somehow this gets collated with the best team picked based on total votes.

this seems a good system, and team of the year has always been pretty well picked.

Back