4. Kennedy
5. Wigmore
6. L.James
7. Metters
8. Saunders
9. McCallum
10. Ahmed
11. Blair

Pretty good team I reckon. Have included finals into the equation.

Tipping Tim Stephens to dominate for Strathmore in the GF. Showed promise all year, and about to explode with runs. Elegant left hander with shots all around the wicket, will simply be too much for the overrated Hoppers bowling attack. Big match hundred is definitely on the cards, pressure player and the occasion will bring out his explosive best. Cream rises to the top

Tipping Tim Stephens to dominate for Strathmore in the GF. Showed promise all year, and about to explode with runs. Elegant left hander with shots all around the wicket, will simply be too much for the overrated Hoppers bowling attack. Big match hundred is definitely on the cards, pressure player and the occasion will bring out his explosive best. Cream rises to the top

Well said Tim, and good luck on the weekend....

Fair to say we choked, but if you look deeper we had 6 players 19 or under and 4 players in their early 20's. I don't care what anyone says but to me that's a very young side, especially for a 1's team.
By the way we weren't the only ones to choke a bit. Hoppers, who lived up to their name of choking, were 1/90 odd and absolutely flying, ended up capitulating and being bowled out for 178 on a deck that a par score would be 240. Then to be 2/100 in return, game was safe to say close to over, and they knew it. If it wasn't for Gav (formerly a north player and hopefully again in the future) they would never have got back in the game. After that, some good bowling by the leggy and well the rest is history. We only have ourselves to blame for how we batted after tea.
So for the grand final, my tip is Strathmore to win because they have the best player in the competition (kennedy) and they have a couple handy batters (james', kennedy). The only reason they might lose will be the lack of firepower in their bowling, but i'm guessing hoppers will choke when they bat so that won't mean much. :p Whereas hoppers, rely on too little players (fawad and gav) and are just natural chokers and a pack of individuals. Even though they finished 1st for the season and probably have a better team on paper, just can't see them winning. Having played both teams twice this season, I know strathmore will win this one.

i agree with ur tip that straty will win, straty's bowling is underrated, and look to be coming home very strong.

1. Thomson
2. Butera
3. N.James +
4. Kennedy
5. Wigmore
6. L.James
7. Metters
8. Saunders
9. McCallum
10. Ahmed
11. Blair

Pretty good team I reckon. Have included finals into the equation.

not a bad side, may change further in a fortnights time, is their an actual TOTY awarded by the VTCA?

overrated attack? if anything your batting is overrated... last time I checked we have comfortably been able to bowl out sides consistantly all year, strathmore rely on too few (Kennedy and the James brothers) to post their scores.

If Tom Stewart or who ever he is wins strathmore the game, ill be a very suprised man.

assume someone is not being serious here about this todd stuart bloke. Is very stupid writting this before the game, as it can only lead to humble pie after.

Looking from the outside, hoppers will win. Magafas for me to star with the bat. the leggie from hoppers will also bowl lots of overs.

overrated attack? if anything your batting is overrated... last time I checked we have comfortably been able to bowl out sides consistantly all year, strathmore rely on too few (Kennedy and the James brothers) to post their scores.

If Tom Stewart or who ever he is wins strathmore the game, ill be a very suprised man.

What about Craig "Sewer Rat" Dunlop? A very strange man indeed but one of a heck of a bowler as he likes to tell you!

i felt after yesterday's play espically we (Hoppers Crossing) are 7 down for 325 after 127 overs we can bat on next saturday as well i reckon probably 50 to 70 runs will probably bat Strathmore out of the game more than likely i feel just confident but not over confident with our chances bring next saturday and next sunday for the conclusion of the 2011 VTCA North Division 1st XI Grand Final.

i felt after yesterday's play espically we (Hoppers Crossing) are 7 down for 325 after 127 overs we can bat on next saturday as well i reckon probably 50 to 70 runs will probably bat Strathmore out of the game more than likely i feel just confident but not over confident with our chances bring next saturday and next sunday for the conclusion of the 2011 VTCA North Division 1st XI Grand Final.
Strathmore's bowling lineup has been shown up to be pretty ordinary. Fair assessment? I said before they had no firepower, I'd say that's been proven on the weekend. I was wrong about hoppers relying on so little players, they have Timms with the bat who is in pretty good form, Magafas goes alright too. Game is fair to say over after two days, surely hoppers can't choke from here. :p

dunlop espically.. biggest ************ in vtca cricket...dropped probably biggest catch of the year gardnier on 10 goes on to make 100 plus....hope mccallum takes his head off

dunlop espically.. biggest ************ in vtca cricket...dropped probably biggest catch of the year gardnier on 10 goes on to make 100 plus....hope mccallum takes his head off
Yeah Strathmore aren't really a great set of blokes, but neither are hoppers. :p But tell you what this Gardner bloke goes alright after getting dropped. We dropped him last week and ended making a handy 44 not out. Now your telling me this week he makes a 100 after being dropped. :p I noticed that he's had some big partnerships over the years with timms. McCallum is pretty sharp, but uses the bouncer too much, hence the reason he goes closer to 3 an over. Still a very good bowler...and batsman (why you're batting him at 9 baffles me) but if he bowled more patiently and conserved his energy more, he'd be able to bowl better for longer spells.

Yeah Strathmore aren't really a great set of blokes, but neither are hoppers. :p But tell you what this Gardner bloke goes alright after getting dropped. We dropped him last week and ended making a handy 44 not out. Now your telling me this week he makes a 100 after being dropped. :p I noticed that he's had some big partnerships over the years with timms. McCallum is pretty sharp, but uses the bouncer too much, hence the reason he goes closer to 3 an over. Still a very good bowler...and batsman (why you're batting him at 9 baffles me) but if he bowled more patiently and conserved his energy more, he'd be able to bowl better for longer spells.

Thats a big call coming from Altona North

Back