North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

Stormer68;351868 said:
ok...thats the que to start talkin about the ins and outs......

surely after spendin friday nite with the boys there has 2 b some news for us gladdy boy!!!

from what dootch and co from the tiprats have told me...they have picked up some more keilor players and a "gun" bat....hopefully this will help contain a drop in standard with lakes leaving...

anymore news on cambellfield and buckley....there hasnt been anything said on here for a while...

I read tht roxy were advertising for a new coach...have they got any1 yet?

Lots happening at Campbellfield! But Stormer maybe answer some questions rather than just asking them! I noticed you were advertising for a CC a few weeks back! What progress? Any other pick ups??

taylers leaving nwca is a major blow to the comp . will weaken the competition in a major way . thier 3 ' rds playing luscombe is not the answer and is a crazy suggestion . to say they will finish top 3 in vtca north 2 is ambitious .will struggle to make runs and will be luckly to finish to 10.the standard of the new re-structured vtca comp is far stronger than nwca .for taylers to be competative in future they will need at least 6 new players .glady will dominate nwca next season with the tip rats a chance for second . that sums up the comp .

Second Slip;351906 said:
Lots happening at Campbellfield! But Stormer maybe answer some questions rather than just asking them! I noticed you were advertising for a CC a few weeks back! What progress? Any other pick ups??

well if i did not ask the question I wouldnt be typing this right now....and no one has asked me any questions until now....ya muppet

obviously if we have advertised for a new c/c and molly retiring (for the 10th time...apparently for good this time) there might be a few changes up here....

I'm sure u'll find out all in due course.......

andy symonds mite have applied for the job last week 2!! haha imagine that!

Second Slip;351904 said:
You have to be kidding mate???

Thomas and Markham not good enought to play VTCA?

You obviously have no idea who or what you are talking about! Both have had long and decorated Turf careers!

both good records on turf

Markham 7 or 8 club champions at Avondale as well as playing district firsts

Thomas 3 or 4 club champions at Yarriville sub district as well as playing district firsts.

dont think they will struggle.

One person who may struggle is Lee what has he done?

Sad day for the NWCA as the comp is a weaker place

gullyrat1;351942 said:
both good records on turf

Markham 7 or 8 club champions at Avondale as well as playing district firsts

Thomas 3 or 4 club champions at Yarriville sub district as well as playing district firsts.

dont think they will struggle.

One person who may struggle is Lee what has he done?

Sad day for the NWCA as the comp is a weaker place

What was your record like at Altona Nth?

laker's legend;351913 said:
taylers leaving nwca is a major blow to the comp . will weaken the competition in a major way . thier 3 ' rds playing luscombe is not the answer and is a crazy suggestion . to say they will finish top 3 in vtca north 2 is ambitious .will struggle to make runs and will be luckly to finish to 10.the standard of the new re-structured vtca comp is far stronger than nwca .for taylers to be competative in future they will need at least 6 new players .glady will dominate nwca next season with the tip rats a chance for second . that sums up the comp .

Mate, their going to Nth b1, not straight into Senior Div. The restructure of old teams will have little effect on the standard of the bottom grade, the improvement will come from new clubs coming in. TL will be the best of the 3 new clubs into nth b1, another player or 2 wont hurt but 6 is way over the odds of what they will need. Over the next 3-5 yrs as they (hopefully for them) progress up the grades more top end players will be required but no need for a massive recruiting drive this year to make them strong enough to be a top 3 side in nth b

jika jika;351983 said:
Mate, their going to Nth b1, not straight into Senior Div. The restructure of old teams will have little effect on the standard of the bottom grade, the improvement will come from new clubs coming in. TL will be the best of the 3 new clubs into nth b1, another player or 2 wont hurt but 6 is way over the odds of what they will need. Over the next 3-5 yrs as they (hopefully for them) progress up the grades more top end players will be required but no need for a massive recruiting drive this year to make them strong enough to be a top 3 side in nth b

Yeah I agree Jika,I watched a few Werribee Centrals(Premiers Nth B1)games this year & theres not doubt the Lakes would be very competative against them.....top 4 if they dont lose any players.............maybe get rid of Budgie & Justy the old hacks..baaahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laker's legend;351913 said:

G'day Laker legend we too are a new team in B turf just like too know were you think u will be playing out of next season considering your a current matting team.

jika jika;351983 said:

Jika i dont know what qualifies you to make such a call on were teams are in terms of ability. how do you make such a call mate. i believe everybody coming in is an unknown quality and should be treated with caution. i believe our strength is we had 2 turf teams in a turf last year and that gives us a leg up was this factered into your thinking Depth.
i also think St Andrews are a very good team that should not be discarded good bats ok bowlers but unfortunately they have lost there best player which will hurt there cause but you dont know how they have gone with recruiting so bring it on i say LETS GO !

BigCoq;352119 said:
Jika i dont know what qualifies you to make such a call on were teams are in terms of ability. how do you make such a call mate. i believe everybody coming in is an unknown quality and should be treated with caution. i believe our strength is we had 2 turf teams in a turf last year and that gives us a leg up was this factered into your thinking Depth.
i also think St Andrews are a very good team that should not be discarded good bats ok bowlers but unfortunately they have lost there best player which will hurt there cause but you dont know how they have gone with recruiting so bring it on i say LETS GO !

how about we start talking about the NWCA
havent the VTCA got their own thread up and going

oldman65;352258 said:
how about we start talking about the NWCA
havent the VTCA got their own thread up and going

sorry mate just trying to get the low down on Taylors Lakes move.
want to know were we will be playing them at is all.

BigCoq;352119 said:

Previous stats and reputations on teams/players dont mean much when moving into a new comp. Everyone is on the same level. Some people rise to the occassion when facing or bowling to a high standard bowlers/batsman and some people dont. Time will tell.

Good luck to the Taylors Lakes boys, I played by under 14/16 and my first year of Senior cricket there and enjoyed every minute of it. Played with the likes of Luke Harrison, Dale Shanley etc. It is only a step fwd.

jika jika;351983 said:

jika jika ,not sure where your coming from . the vtca competition has been refined / condensed .all grades below senior div. will be stronger .you are kiding yourself if you think taylors will be top 3 . other than chops , they will struggle to make runs in a big way .thomas , every team has a thomas and more and dont forget they will travel every game. will win handful games only . will agree on one thing you mentioned , they will improve within the next 3-5 years and will attract better players .must congradulate them on there decision to move forward .a win for the club and all associated.

Happy;352277 said:
Previous stats and reputations on teams/players dont mean much when moving into a new comp. Everyone is on the same level. Some people rise to the occassion when facing or bowling to a high standard bowlers/batsman and some people dont. Time will tell.

Good luck to the Taylors Lakes boys, I played by under 14/16 and my first year of Senior cricket there and enjoyed every minute of it. Played with the likes of Luke Harrison, Dale Shanley etc. It is only a step fwd.

Just on luke, I saw he played Luscome over the years, is he a good bowler? Quick or slow?

laker's legend;352283 said:
jika jika ,not sure where your coming from . the vtca competition has been refined / condensed .all grades below senior div. will be stronger .you are kiding yourself if you think taylors will be top 3 . other than chops , they will struggle to make runs in a big way .thomas , every team has a thomas and more and dont forget they will travel every game. will win handful games only . will agree on one thing you mentioned , they will improve within the next 3-5 years and will attract better players .must congradulate them on there decision to move forward .a win for the club and all associated.

The VTCA has been refined, it has been expanded from 6 first x1 divisions to 7 to help with the amount of travel in the lower grades. On the North side of the restructure 7 clubs from last year were promoted 1 grade, only 1 side was demoted. These figures dont include the 2 up and 1 down from the north side to senior division. TL will make top 3, north b is a good starting point, but I'll be surprised if they are in that division for long. Also check with the club, they may have a home venue for next year.

BigCoq;352119 said:

BigCoq, I'll respond to this on the VTCA nth a & b site

Back on to the NWCA, does anyone know who this Wallace guy that gladdy have hired is? Does he bat/bowl? How will he go controlling some of the ego's down there?

Any other news on player movements?

Second Slip;352385 said:
Back on to the NWCA, does anyone know who this Wallace guy that gladdy have hired is? Does he bat/bowl? How will he go controlling some of the ego's down there?

Any other news on player movements?

any news from the land of the tip rats ?
looking good to consolidate top 4 and maybe top 2 .
word is andrew symonds signed for the sum of 3 slabs per saturday .

there is no man alive that can control the ego's at glady !wont matter , no one to challenge .

laker's legend;352396 said:
any news from the land of the tip rats ?
looking good to consolidate top 4 and maybe top 2 .
word is andrew symonds signed for the sum of 3 slabs per saturday .

there is no man alive that can control the ego's at glady !wont matter , no one to challenge .

Not sure about the Tip Rats...

I think you might be selling the rest of the comp short saying no-one will challenge Gladdy....

I know its a long way out but can people give me the way they think the ladder will look after 14 Rounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back