North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

i thought so to!!

and i didnt get a proper responce from him either!!

it actually didnt take much time to work out with the help of mycricket!! and no im not busy at work...im a bum uni student on holidays for the next month!!

cutoverslips46;352890 said:
Cutoverhackney - I like that.......
How long before you start posting how SHCC(Sh*thouse cricket club, LOL) are flying Pre-season ect.ect.
Stormer - word of advice - sshhhhh up until you have performances to back it up.
I might come down for a hit and show you blokes how it's done. When/where training start mate

stormer68 , it means absolutely zero having x amount of players under 25. from what i've seen there is very little quality there anyway .its not about how many young players you have but how you can develop them . have you the right culture and environment to succesfully develop kids ? have you a structure and coaching that enables players to develop .has the club the capacity to nurture ?
talking about good young players , look no further than the top 3 teams.paco , gladdy and taylers have the best under 25's going around .

Stormer68;351376 said:
surely the 3rds wouldnt play luscombe...their 2nds didnt even make finals in stringer...

Um, the Lakes 2nds made the SF & were actually competitve in the SF against the eventual premiers, if you know how I mean?

To answer your question Legend... Yes I believe we do to all 3 questions you have posed.

For the 1st we have had 2 players who have gone onto play district 1s, 3 players to play lower grade district cricket (I know nothing great but still been through the system) and two play sub district 1s...all in the last 4 years. so we must be doing something right!

One thing that our club prides itself on at is our culture, we eradicate the dickheads quickly...im sure most of you would think otherwise on the field!! And people who have come from other clubs say that they love the place, enjoy their time at the club and feel welcome. What else do you want from a local cricket club?

And for the 3rd question; our coaching structure is very similar to most other clubs...including Taylors Lakes....without the answers for the 2 questions above you cannot nuture your juniors successfully...we had 5 debuts in the 1s this year from players coming through from under 10s and earning their stripes through the grades to have a crack at luscombe.

Yes I agree Taylors, Pacco and Gladdy have the Best under 25s going around and that having the most means nothing (to some extent) clubs need them to survive...

Our club is going to take time but over the next 5 years we will find out exactly where we are at... our only problem now is you fellas taking juniors from our side of the train tracks who want to play turf!

What i meant to say Prophet was Final...meaning the grand final (well i'll stick to that story!!) ...sorry... u blokes played the same amont of games as me anyway!! neither of us won the GF so whats it matter.....

Stormer68;353014 said:
To answer your question Legend... Yes I believe we do to all 3 questions you have posed.

For the 1st we have had 2 players who have gone onto play district 1s, 3 players to play lower grade district cricket (I know nothing great but still been through the system) and two play sub district 1s...all in the last 4 years. so we must be doing something right!

One thing that our club prides itself on at is our culture, we eradicate the dickheads quickly...im sure most of you would think otherwise on the field!! And people who have come from other clubs say that they love the place, enjoy their time at the club and feel welcome. What else do you want from a local cricket club?

And for the 3rd question; our coaching structure is very similar to most other clubs...including Taylors Lakes....without the answers for the 2 questions above you cannot nuture your juniors successfully...we had 5 debuts in the 1s this year from players coming through from under 10s and earning their stripes through the grades to have a crack at luscombe.

Yes I agree Taylors, Pacco and Gladdy have the Best under 25s going around and that having the most means nothing (to some extent) clubs need them to survive...

Our club is going to take time but over the next 5 years we will find out exactly where we are at... our only problem now is you fellas taking juniors from our side of the train tracks who want to play turf!

What i meant to say Prophet was Final...meaning the grand final (well i'll stick to that story!!) ...sorry... u blokes played the same amont of games as me anyway!! neither of us won the GF so whats it matter.....

what is the new coaches deal 1 or 2 years or how long he wants.........?

will be very interesting to see what he can do.......

Stormer68;353014 said:

stormer
give me the best cricketers under 25 in these clubs pacco/gladdy/taylors
i would have thought that if you took out the best 4 or 5 cricketers from all these clubs then you wouldnt be left with anyone under 25
not sure how old hare and paul trip are but if you took gladdys top 4 cricketers none would be under 25
if you took out taylors top 4 cricketers none would be under 25
playing paddock cricket you tend to play your best cricket between 27 and 35 and basically your just learning up until then,mind you if you are something special then you have normally left your local club by the age of 16 or 17.
All these so called young guns in our comp who average 30 with the bat are dreaming.Yeah they might kick on but like a lot they might never kick on.

which brings a couple of questions to my old silly mind
What is a good luscombe batting average?
How many runs is a good year?
How many wickets is a good year?

oldman65;353071 said:
stormer
i would have thought that if you took out the best 4 or 5 cricketers from all these clubs then you wouldnt be left with anyone under 25
not sure how old hare and paul trip are but if you took gladdys top 4 cricketers none would be under 25
playing paddock cricket you tend to play your best cricket between 27 and 35 and basically your just learning up until then,mind you if you are something special then you have normally left your local club by the age of 16 or 17.
All these so called young guns in our comp who average 30 with the bat are dreaming.Yeah they might kick on but like a lot they might never kick on.

which brings a couple of questions to my old silly mind
What is a good luscombe batting average?
How many runs is a good year?
How many wickets is a good year?
oldman I'll throw something up for them all to debate & shoot me down with, but would have to say and average above 40, 400+ runs a season and 20 wickets would have to be the base measure for a good season and that to be considered a good player in the comp these figures should be returned every season.

oldman65;353071 said:
stormer
QUOTE]

1s & 2s players U/25....i apologise if i have missed anyone
Pacco:
Hare
Tripp
Tripp (close to 25)
Gillard
Panousieris
LeRoy

Gladdy:
Milne (close to 25)
Pitts
Pitts (close to 25)
Fitzpatrick
Moore
Portelli (dare i say it :p)

Taylors:
Arnold
Lee
Lee
Norris
Britz
Harrison (if not over close)

and for good measure i'll give you ours:
Hassett
Hall
Lindsay
Randahwa
Johnston
Charles
Ferguson
Mulholland
Twentyman
Devereux
Buttigieg
Jackson (only one not to play in the 1st XI...2nd year of cricket)
Sherlock (2nds Capt/keeper)
and the biggest spaz of them all....... myself!

Was introduced to our new Captain/Coach tonight...was very suprised with how young he looks... Comes with good credtentials and coaching experience... I sat there excited as he spoke... I might get to play a game with lozza before he retires after all!! :p

im over my dodgy hammys thats stopping me attempting to play footy... Bring on October!!

Just for cutovertheslips we are starting pre-season in the 1st wk of August... and its about time you tell me what club your from and who you are........im still waiting!!

Stormer68;353087 said:
oldman65;353071 said:
stormer
QUOTE]

Pacco:
Hare
Tripp
Tripp (close to 25)
Gillard
Panousieris
LeRoy

Gladdy:
Milne (close to 25)
Pitts
Pitts (close to 25)
Fitzpatrick
Moore

Taylors:
Arnold
Lee
Lee
Norris
Britz

Hassett
Hall
Lindsay
Randahwa
Johnston
Charles
Ferguson
Mulholland
Twentyman
Devereux
Buttigieg

Was introduced to our new Captain/Coach tonight...was very suprised with how young he looks... Comes with good credtentials and coaching experience... I sat there excited as he spoke... I might get to play a game with lozza before he retires after all!! :p

im over my dodgy hammys thats stopping me attempting to play footy... Bring on October!!

Just for cutovertheslips we are starting pre-season in the 1st wk of August... and its about time you tell me what club your from and who you are........im still waiting!!

Gladdy
Fackler would fit in somewhere age 23

cockroach;353076 said:
oldman I'll throw something up for them all to debate & shoot me down with, but would have to say and average above 40, 400+ runs a season and 20 wickets would have to be the base measure for a good season and that to be considered a good player in the comp these figures should be returned every season.

would agree with that 100%
if your top 4 or 5 bats can make 400+ and your main bowlers can take 20 + wickets then your in for a good season.
although you really want at least 1 or 2 bats getting to 500 runs especially with 14 hits these days.
and you probably want your main strike bowler to be pushing 30 wickets also

Stormer68;353087 said:
oldman65;353071 said:
stormer
QUOTE]

Pacco:
Hare
Tripp
Tripp (close to 25)
Gillard
Panousieris
LeRoy

Gladdy:
Milne (close to 25)
Pitts
Pitts (close to 25)
Fitzpatrick
Moore

Taylors:
Arnold
Lee
Lee
Norris
Britz

Hassett
Hall
Lindsay
Randahwa
Johnston
Charles
Ferguson
Mulholland
Twentyman
Devereux
Buttigieg

how many of these youngs guns would have made 300 runs last year or taken 15 wickets in luscombe ?
and dont give me this 2nds crap if they are any good they would be playing in your one's.
Nothing against your mob because i actually like having a bundy with a few of them after the game but if your in your early 20's and any good then surely they would have got a gig in your 1st eleven last year.

How is Lozza tell him he owes me a bundy!
Is wilo going to retire?

Willo and Lozza both at the AGM last night!

Im sure you can tell Lozza yourself... he'll tell me to piss off!!

Yeah sorry add Fackler in....I knew Id miss one!! sure ive missed more!

weapons05/06;353060 said:
what is the new coaches deal 1 or 2 years or how long he wants.........?

will be very interesting to see what he can do.......

Im not sure how long... I was very suprised by how young he looked! but he spoke very well last night and has got some good credentials and coaching experience... in the UK, Haig etc

Hopefully I can get over my heartstring problem so I can finish off the footy season and roll into cricket rareing to go!!

Cutoverslips- Training starts 1st week in august... u better be there....oh and that reminds me... You havnt given me a club or name yet!!

Love you passion on here guys. Leaves the VTCA thread for dead.

All this talk about young players. Why does age matter? A good player is a good player is a good player. If you have a strong junior club plenty of kids will be coming through to replace the not so good ones. I wouldn't hang your hat on being loaded with young players, more what they do. As a club, the really good young players, you should be encouraging to pursue higher honours.

Does anyone think TL 3rds will be competitive in Luscombe? Don't think their 3rds made finals in NWCA shield.

Mankad;353132 said:

All this talk about young players. Why does age matter? A good player is a good player is a good player. If you have a strong junior club plenty of kids will be coming through to replace the not so good ones. I wouldn't hang your hat on being loaded with young players, more what they do. As a club, the really good young players, you should be encouraging to pursue higher honours.

Does anyone think TL 3rds will be competitive in Luscombe? Don't think their 3rds made finals in NWCA shield.

Couldn't agree more Mankad. Juniors are the future of any club and without them coming through the ranks clubs are in trouble. As for encouraging kids to achieve higher standards also true. No club should hold back any kid that has the talent and ambition to further themselves. They should be encouraged to further their careers in cricket by going to a club that can help them achieve their dreams. It's hard to see them go but you are so proud of them when they make a name for themselves. Clint McKay is an example of what Pacco did for this bloke.:)

Mankad;353132 said:

TL if they are in luscombe will get smashed week in week out.

I agree with Voodoo I think Taylors like Craigieburn and Westy have before them will put there 3rds in Stringer with the opinion that they will be competitive only to be bought back down to earth. Realistically they will be fairly competitive in Muir.

AS for the 8th side if Donnybrook can pick up 1 or 2 decent cricketers they will be as good as roxy buckley and the storm.

Im hoping that clubs are recruiting talent and keeping quiet otherwise the top 2 or 3 will dominate and the rest will be making up the numbers

Stormer68;353127 said:
Im not sure how long... I was very suprised by how young he looked! but he spoke very well last night and has got some good credentials and coaching experience... in the UK, Haig etc

Hopefully I can get over my heartstring problem so I can finish off the footy season and roll into cricket rareing to go!!

Cutoverslips- Training starts 1st week in august... u better be there....oh and that reminds me... You havnt given me a club or name yet!!

how many games has the team he has been in charge of won.......?

good credentials please tell........???

Gladyboy;353213 said:
I agree with Voodoo I think Taylors like Craigieburn and Westy have before them will put there 3rds in Stringer with the opinion that they will be competitive only to be bought back down to earth. Realistically they will be fairly competitive in Muir.

AS for the 8th side if Donnybrook can pick up 1 or 2 decent cricketers they will be as good as roxy buckley and the storm.

Im hoping that clubs are recruiting talent and keeping quiet otherwise the top 2 or 3 will dominate and the rest will be making up the numbers

they tell me that a new side has been accepted to the nwca and they are from the northcote area, dont no the clubs name though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back